View topic image gallery

1 (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
IMG_1620 (resized).PNG
Resized_20170315_091133 (resized).jpg
IMG_1368 (resized).JPG
17022134_1015723185196495_5847008981864314168_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1071 (resized).PNG
vinyl-victorian-picket-fence-scalloped-1-1-2-balusters-pickets-5-sq-post-size-4.gif (resized).jpg
aliens-ufo (resized).jpg
RicketyCricket (resized).jpg
20170129_174405 (resized).jpg
20170129_174400 (resized).jpg
20170129_112417 (resized).jpg
IMG_8727 (resized).JPG
457464945_640 (resized).jpg
Miranda-Kerr (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bronty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 7 years ago

Giddyup! I will be ordering one as long as priced same as MMR or less.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

AFM is a fantastic game that has earned its place among the top of the ratings and has given countless people joy and pleasure over the years. To have an opportunity to be able to buy one NIB with complete finished code is great news and I will look forward to getting this.

+1

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Let's just guess this will be shipping in the next one to two years.
Competition for our pinball dollars will be extremely fierce with:
1) aliens
2) Aerosmith
3) Star Wars and/ or whatever else new from stern,vault edition etc.
4) spookys new game
5) Elvira ( hopefully)
6) Houdini (seems like a big maybe)
7) dialed in ,(which I think looks dreadful) and Jjp's next announced game if he's still in business after DI.
8)something I've missed or forgotten
AFMR is not going to be the easy sell that MM was

Yeah, I'm sure it won't sell as many as MM did, but I think it will sell. I wonder how many he needs to sell to break even?

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

I thought the common thought on MB was licensing problems - either not going to be able to secure a license for all the characters, or it would just be too expensive?

that's the common thought on TAF too, is that correct? I'd love to see that redone one day, even with all the machines out there I think it would sell.

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I owned both and would take AFM over MM any day of the week. It's just the matter of ones preference. I understand they are similar and agree owning both is a little redundant, but calling it a poor mans MM is a joke. Would you like if people said MM is a snobby persons AFM?

Yeah, at the end of the day, they are very similar and both great, just boils down to which theme and humor and art and so on you like better IMO

#141 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sure, but at $9k it's a tough sell in the "modern pinball economy"...which is "theme, theme, theme". Theme drives sales before people even know what they're getting (see Ghostbusters and Batman). Nostalgic themes make people forget about the ridiculousness of price. If JJP can survive Dialed-In not selling so well up front...the good thing is they can keep it in production forever since they don't have to pay a license...so, if it picks up popularity down the road, it'll always be in their catalog to sell.

Speaking only for myself, I thought about Dialed In for a minute but the problem is not the lack of theme... its the theme. A cell phoney theme... yeesh. Could have picked anything else and I'd be more interested.

Also, to draw a distinction between theme and license... I think what you're really talking about is licensed properties and the built in audience that comes with them (similar to what is going on in hollywood where anything with a built in audience gets made). Cool themes can be with (Addams, MB) or without (AFM, MM) license.

Good point made about the ability to perpetually sell an unlicensed theme like Dialed In.

#181 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

That can be arranged. I'm doing it right now. When my PF is done, it'll look factory new again *swoon*.

Your pic looks familiar. You wouldn't be spidey on tilt would you?

#202 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I don't.....think so? I'll safely bet that I am not .

Haha ok you look a lot like someone from another forum

#234 7 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Welp, glad you're not running any pinball manufacturing companies.

I think he's trying to say something without saying it. I heard the same thing from someone. Not sure if there's any basis to it, but I've heard it too

#258 7 years ago

Yeah the 6k is wishful thinking and even if it does cost 2300 to 'make one' that would surely be without, time, effort, profit, overhead, and all the other real but not direct costs that go into something like this. Bank on 7 or 8k, and probably 8.

#259 7 years ago

Plus, I think they will keep the pricing steady. Imagine the howls if they charge 6k for this one and then 9k for CC or MB because those cost more to build then AFM. You'd have some short term happy customers and then some howling mad ones later bitching about the 50% increase. Instead I'm guessing its more like 8, 8, 8.2, 8.4, 8.6, small little increases each time out as they get remakes done.

As someone said earlier, 6k is the 'no brainer' price so they will never charge that, they wouldn't be able to keep up with demand.

#265 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It doesn't matter if it cost $500.00 for them to make it and $7500.00 is pure profit, or if it costs $7500.00 to make it and there is no profit. Price is determined by what the market will bear.
If I happen to get lucky and stumble upon a HUO MB on CL that someone who had no idea of the value and sold it to me for $1k, that has zero impact on the actual value of the pin.

This isn't an ounce of gold, its a pinball machine... the 'market bears' analogy is imperfect here. Ultimately they will set the price and we will either pay up, or not.

#269 7 years ago

very nice whitey.

RobT yeah I suppose, I just read it another way. All good.

#285 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Why is everyone so negative about the remake???

I know right. Seems like a lot of unhappy people over what to me is good news. Of course, I didn't go through waiting years for a MMr, and I get that delays do piss people off. If I had waited years, I might be more negative about it too I guess.

The way I look at it though is that it puts more copies of a great pin into the marketplace, and allows more people to enjoy it. Yeah hopefully the production timetable will be reasonable but at least its happening.

No one is being forced to buy one, or wait if they aren't comfortable with the idea. At least somebody is reissuing these..

I think the main thing is that people just want them all yesterday. Which I understand, I'd love to be able to choose which reissue I wanted when, but its probably not realistic.

#287 7 years ago

From Rick @ the PPS forums:

"

Game will be an an location somewhere around the Chicagoland area in a few days ... this will be a mostly stripped down game, as some of the features we are waiting for promo pictures, etc and want to save somethings for a full reveal with documentation, etc.

rick

"

#327 7 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Only for the choice of AFM. Not down on remakes as a thing.
In fact, I was excited hoping that PPR might actually repro a machine which is tough to find: CC was my choice. Others wanted MB. Some dreamt of KP, etc.
If you want a nice AFM right now, you can just go out and buy one for around the same as a repro will be, probably less. So why would there be much excitement? I think if they'd announced a different title you'd see a much different vibe from thread/poll.

I would say there are probably lots of people who either want one new as stated above, or live somewhere outside the US where finding one isn't that easy. I'm in Canada so it's harder but doable , now if I imagine I live in France or something I doubt I can just "go out and buy one" without some major hassles and risks that are sharply reduced with a remake.

I like the idea because I'm not shipping across a border this way. I can just buy from a distributor and the shipping risk is with someone else instead of squarely on me trusting "a guy" to pack it well and to come through with all promises and for there not to be any undisclosed issues nor any damage from hamfisted customs agents, not any issues brought about by poor disclosures from someone not used to shipping internationally.

I'm sure different people have different reasons for wanting one. Not wanting one probably boils down to either space or price tag or it being too similar to other pins in ones collection

#374 7 years ago

People just like to complain about shit I'm guilty of it too sometimes; heck we probably all are.

#456 7 years ago

Personally, I think if you built new Addams and Twilights they'd sell really well. The demand is deep and I think people would pay up for a new one. Players copies at 6k only tell half the story when restored ones are 12-15. I'd buy a new one for 8k in a second.

1 week later
#506 7 years ago

lol

#526 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinrookie:

I was waiting for AFMR but after I read most of the posts in here, I have decided to buy an original AFM. I believe the AFMR would be as good as the AFM but I don't want to wait 1 to 2 years for it. I hope my AFM will be arrived in 10 days.

it really does feel like it will take forever, doesn't it? I understand that pinball machines are not easy to make, but its kind of discouraging how long everything seems to take.

3 weeks later
#590 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Thats why I did the air quotes, advertising a game, giving out contact info, all you didn't ask for is a deposit and you have a full blown preorder.

Pretty big difference between putting money down and not putting money down, no?

#594 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

They're soliciting preorders for preorders. Hurry up and wait.

All they are asking for is 'who wants to be on the email list'? If you don't want to be on it don't give them your email, problem solved.

1 week later
#604 7 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

I agree the Alien announcement has to be a major blow to AFM remake sales. Anyone that likes this type of theme would be hard pressed not to really consider Alien 1st. Unless AFM rolls out with something totally revamped as rumors have touched on, Alien will surpass AFM sales in my opinion.

I'll get an AFM at some point, I doubt I'll even look at Alien. That's just me.

#641 7 years ago

ha, you're right! slimer green.

I don't care for the wide screen or the topper.

In that picture, are those the various AFMR models, or? Ie limited vs standard and such?

#647 7 years ago

I like the base/classic look also

#669 7 years ago

Well someone else said it right. That green trim is probably leftover parts that they want to use up

#673 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Leftover from what? Stern isn't building these games....and Stern knew they were making 500 GBLEs and most likely ordered 500 sets of green armor.

Hey I'm trying to find a reason that makes sense LOL

I don't like the color choice, but I won't be getting that model anyways.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 21.50
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bronty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amfr-pps-announced-next-remake?tu=bronty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.