View topic image gallery

1 (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
IMG_1620 (resized).PNG
Resized_20170315_091133 (resized).jpg
IMG_1368 (resized).JPG
17022134_1015723185196495_5847008981864314168_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1071 (resized).PNG
vinyl-victorian-picket-fence-scalloped-1-1-2-balusters-pickets-5-sq-post-size-4.gif (resized).jpg
aliens-ufo (resized).jpg
RicketyCricket (resized).jpg
20170129_174405 (resized).jpg
20170129_174400 (resized).jpg
20170129_112417 (resized).jpg
IMG_8727 (resized).JPG
457464945_640 (resized).jpg
Miranda-Kerr (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 7 years ago

Cant wait to see the price and upgrades.... Afm is my favorite pin and i hope others can enjoy it soon ....

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Here's my guess:
Stock AFMR: $7,000
AFMR with Color Display: $7,500
AFMR LE: $8,000 (color display, powdercoating, some certificate/plaque, maybe saucer lighting upgrade, limited to 500)
Starts shipping summer of this year at the latest.

Dont forget 3d translight

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Production IS the hold up. Stern isn't assembling, so CGC has to do it themselves...and as we know, that's difficult to set up and get rolling.
AFMr will flop due to price and it being a poor man's MM. AFM shoots faster and flows a *tad* better than MM, but rules, sounds, art, theme, and music are not as good. It doesn't make sense to have both games in a collection, so those that bought MMr (including me) will likely pass on AFMr. Too bad...MBr or CCr would have killed. I can get a really nice original AFM for $6500-$7000 today! Why would I buy a remake for any more than that? Fools.

Whaaaa i think the rules on afm are just as good or better than mm? If anything its equal and is definitely faster and i perfer the theme and its more difficult imo

#180 7 years ago

Yea i think a nib le with color upgrade, shaker. 3d translight, black powdercoat at 8k wld b a fair price. A nice used afm wld be around that and not even close to nib. Fun pin that many will enjoy now....

#253 7 years ago

Yep all my pins have lcds now thax to color dmd....

#270 7 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Hope it all works out for guys that want a AFM, It's a better game than MMR !
Hopefully this remake goes well for everyone, I spent $$$$$ for this one.

I agree ...gonna go play mine now ....

#313 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Not even close. Avaturd is a barren wasteland compared to AFM. Folks like you see a wide open PF and assume cheapness - not true. AFM has three plastic ramps compared to one or two in most games, it has 4 jiggly-martian assemblies (including the rubber martian, coil, plunger, coil bracket, etc), it has a diverter for locks, it has a custom LED board in the saucer with its own ICs and programmability, it has the strobe light assy plus its custom PCB, not to mention three separate VUKs. Also has the 3bank moving target bank in front of the saucer. Then the standard 3 pops, 2 slings, 2 flippers. EDIT - forgot the saucer assy itself (backboard mounting bracket and coil/plunger to smack it around)
Now, let's look at Avatar. Moving 3bank in front of robot, 2 "open/close" motorized toys (pod and robot) and a lockup post for the pod. Oh, a captive ball target, and one ramp. Not much else but standups, right? THAT is a contender for most stripped down modern game ever.

Also 2 diverters in back for the pops. I agree just bc it has open layout don't mean anything as it has lots of special custom things and most of all its a awesome playing pin with great code , shots and theme.

#336 7 years ago
Quoted from peely:

yes, I know that machine and it was new everything, basically like NIB with most add-ons you could think of. You could have bought that for 16.5k AUS which compares very nicely compared withwhat you'd get in the states for a premium restore (around 12k US)

Ill sell u mine much cheaper..... its a great condition original with lots of mods....its my favorite pin but i want a hep one.....

#356 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I can't imagine why they would. Maybe an option to order first for "repeat" customers. I certainly can't see Stern or JJP giving discounts to repeat customers.
MM and AFM are similar enough that I can't see that many MMr owners going in for a AFMr as well.

I have afm and love it and really want a mm . Great playing pins with different themes and toys and i believe many people wld love to own both. Lots of pins are very similar with fan layouts and central toy. My met and mb are also similar but feel very different . A great game is a great game and i want them all lol.

#422 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I love when people tell you not to buy one because the value will drop with the remake. Who cares? I've got an original now that looks as good (or better) than the remake will...and I'll have had it for at least two years before the remake came out. I'm in this hobby to play and restore pinball machines...not to make a living.

Agreed... so glad i bought mine . My favorite pin

1 week later
#511 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I am still really curious what these "upgrades" over the original are going to be, someone posted about the original saucer being animated but cut due to costs, maybe that's going to be put back in for the remake.

Doubtful due to coding and it wld really change the game and no longer be a remake.

#515 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

MMR had coding the original didn't have. Shaker coding, coding for the new adjustment screens with lighting and coil strength options, & coding for the color display.

Yes but actually changeing the rules and gameplay coding? Also changing the main toy on the playfield? I dont see it happing as it will no longer be just a remake but a whole different game .....but with same theme.

#516 7 years ago

Guess time will tell and im just excited to see more people get this awesome pin....

1 month later
#603 7 years ago

Afm and alien are 2 totally different themes and are way different in the gameplay department.

#636 7 years ago

I think if the standard is priced right and the color is upgraded like mmr when u purchase that package ..it will sell nicely for around 7500-8k ....

#677 7 years ago
Quoted from Hawk007:

Should have used Rainbows end or city lights powdercoating for the LE and leave the others stainless. I have it on my sttng and it looks amazing.
Kind of like space with multicolored flecks that look like stars and planets. It would have matched perfectly with the AFM artwork.
In spite of the green...Still excited to see this game in the flesh with that huge dmd. Sure hope they can make the vision that Sir Eddy wanted in the beginning.
LOVE to see a ship flying around the playfield as per original design. It really would make AFMr a number 1 contender.

Gameplay is the same.....

2 weeks later
#725 7 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

You can install a Williams speaker panel aftermarket on MMR (a bunch of people have done that).

Still missing on tranlight and decals but i suppose one cld replace everything with omes with logo . Its weird they repro trans and decals with the logo but they are not on the repro lol.

#728 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinrookie:

Same here in NZ. I bought my AFM four weeks before the AFMR release. I am not sure how much this AFMR in NZ. My guess would be higher than Australia. I think you should get one just close your eyes and do it. This is what I did when I bought my AFM. So far no regret. My family like this game very much. My wife and my kids think this is the best game ever.

It is imo....

#737 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Now for those that have ordered, what option did you choose?
I'd be curious what features drove the decision or just price alone?

Looks like the le was the easy choice for most people bc of price and features. I wld go with classic if i didnt have one allready....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Santa Clara, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.00
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amfr-pps-announced-next-remake?tu=bigd1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.