View topic image gallery

1 (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
IMG_1620 (resized).PNG
Resized_20170315_091133 (resized).jpg
IMG_1368 (resized).JPG
17022134_1015723185196495_5847008981864314168_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1071 (resized).PNG
vinyl-victorian-picket-fence-scalloped-1-1-2-balusters-pickets-5-sq-post-size-4.gif (resized).jpg
aliens-ufo (resized).jpg
RicketyCricket (resized).jpg
20170129_174405 (resized).jpg
20170129_174400 (resized).jpg
20170129_112417 (resized).jpg
IMG_8727 (resized).JPG
457464945_640 (resized).jpg
Miranda-Kerr (resized).jpg
There are 754 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 16.
#251 7 years ago

All pins are gravitating to LCD displays, maybe AFMr will be the first. Whenever this happens, it will be a game changer!

#252 7 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

All pins are gravitating to LCD displays, maybe AFMr will be the first.

MMR has a LCD.

LTG : )

#253 7 years ago

Yep all my pins have lcds now thax to color dmd....

#254 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I just can't see Stern helping or cooperating with Jersey Jack. Possibly with CGC because of their long standing relationship but Jack?

That may well be; but my opinion about it is that cooperation would serve the business better (but Gary/Jack may know better and be choking on their cigars at this).

Quoted from Rarehero:

Never. If any of their independent contractors chose to do work for JJP, they're booted.

That's kind of a different animal altogether... the worker bee level

#255 7 years ago

Let me qualify, LCD resembling my BMLE.

#256 7 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Let me qualify, LCD resembling my BMLE.

The LCD in BM'66 is the same type of LCD that's in MMr. You just see the whole monitor instead of it being masked to a DMD aspect ratio.

#257 7 years ago

$6,000-$6,500 ??? Are you kidding? From the guys who after buying MMr want to sell you a $200 color kit, a $100 diffuser and a $200 3D translight. This would be the standard version so for another $150 for a shaker motor.

Maybe your $6k AFMr will come with everything included

#258 7 years ago

Yeah the 6k is wishful thinking and even if it does cost 2300 to 'make one' that would surely be without, time, effort, profit, overhead, and all the other real but not direct costs that go into something like this. Bank on 7 or 8k, and probably 8.

#259 7 years ago

Plus, I think they will keep the pricing steady. Imagine the howls if they charge 6k for this one and then 9k for CC or MB because those cost more to build then AFM. You'd have some short term happy customers and then some howling mad ones later bitching about the 50% increase. Instead I'm guessing its more like 8, 8, 8.2, 8.4, 8.6, small little increases each time out as they get remakes done.

As someone said earlier, 6k is the 'no brainer' price so they will never charge that, they wouldn't be able to keep up with demand.

#260 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Never. If any of their independent contractors chose to do work for JJP, they're booted.

Aside from CCC. They make the cabs (at least) for both Stern and JJP. Either one would probably be in a pickle if they tried to strongarm CCC into dropping the jobs from the other company.

#261 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Are Chicago Gaming and Churchill the same company?

Same people.. just different legal entities.

#262 7 years ago

I don't consider David Thiel a "worker bee".

#263 7 years ago

It doesn't matter if it cost $500.00 for them to make it and $7500.00 is pure profit, or if it costs $7500.00 to make it and there is no profit. Price is determined by what the market will bear.

If I happen to get lucky and stumble upon a HUO MB on CL that someone who had no idea of the value and sold it to me for $1k, that has zero impact on the actual value of the pin.

#264 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If I happen to get lucky and stumble upon a HUO MB on CL that someone who had no idea of the value and sold it to me for $1k, that has zero impact on the actual value of the pin.

Whatchoo sayin'....my $500 LOTR didn't reshape the market completely!?!?!?

#265 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It doesn't matter if it cost $500.00 for them to make it and $7500.00 is pure profit, or if it costs $7500.00 to make it and there is no profit. Price is determined by what the market will bear.

This isn't an ounce of gold, its a pinball machine... the 'market bears' analogy is imperfect here. Ultimately they will set the price and we will either pay up, or not.

#266 7 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

This isn't an ounce of gold, its a pinball machine... the 'market bears' analogy is imperfect here. Ultimately they will set the price and we will either pay up, or not.

"Paying up or not" = what the market will bear.

#267 7 years ago

Hope it all works out for guys that want a AFM, It's a better game than MMR !

Hopefully this remake goes well for everyone, I spent $$$$$ for this one.

1484788788308310292980 (resized).jpg1484788788308310292980 (resized).jpg

1484788820622716967365 (resized).jpg1484788820622716967365 (resized).jpg

#268 7 years ago

Gorgeous game, love her!

#269 7 years ago

very nice whitey.

RobT yeah I suppose, I just read it another way. All good.

#270 7 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Hope it all works out for guys that want a AFM, It's a better game than MMR !
Hopefully this remake goes well for everyone, I spent $$$$$ for this one.

I agree ...gonna go play mine now ....

#271 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't consider David Thiel a "worker bee".

Definitely not

#272 7 years ago

I guess I feel If Im going to blow $6000-$6500, Id want something new to discover and play.
Leaves me looking at Aliens, or Stern.

Anything below $4K, that looks and plays great that interests me is much easier to swallow,
and easier to keep its value.

One great Game, but to take up space, I guess we all have our "magic" numbers.

For under 6K, I got an Elvis, which Im having the most fun of a Ritchie Game,
A Sweet Judge Dredd, and a Bride of Pinbot.

Tough call.

#273 7 years ago

I am soooooo excited for AFMr my head could explode!

#274 7 years ago

I don't see the price of AFMs moving down much other than on restored ones and beaters...

#275 7 years ago

I've already got the remake! It's the Super 3D Hologram Edition! Revenge From Mars!

#276 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That's why I won't buy an iPhone.
The 6 only costs Apple $200.10 to make.

If you count just the HW maybe. But if you count the real cost end-to-end you'll get a very different number... no different to any piece of HW, be it Apple, Samsung or Stern...

#277 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I've already got the remake! It's the Super 3D Hologram Edition! Revenge From Mars!

And just like Hollywood remakes it's worse than the original, loaded up with special effects and missing substance!

#278 7 years ago

Just when I was starting to regreat unloading my AFM last spring, I now feel justified!

#279 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

And just like Hollywood remakes it's worse than the original, loaded up with special effects and missing substance!

lol

Truth.

#280 7 years ago

Why is everyone so negative about the remake???

#281 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Its like being told there is a present under the tree with your name on it. You knew it was coming, you saw it under the tree, you finally got to open it after waiting for christmas morning... and your mom bought you duplo blocks instead of lego.

Yeah its a building block, but you'd rather have the gold standard. Out of the entire williams library, AFM is popular, but people want another high end title like MB, CC, BBB, or King pin. yeah AFM is nice, but you arn't getting a $4k discount on the game like you were when you bought MM.

#282 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

They way they come out is another factor. I'm sure if they were available to go buy this week there would be a little more excitement...but it's juts another far off thing shrouded in mystery still.

#283 7 years ago

I thought people were negative because of the way CGC/PPS handled the last remake. Wasn't that a clusterfck.

#284 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well actually it's a sequel, and there are plenty of sequels that are equal to or better than the original (Terminator 2, Aliens)

I agree with movie remakes, they're all fucking terrible....

#285 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I know right. Seems like a lot of unhappy people over what to me is good news. Of course, I didn't go through waiting years for a MMr, and I get that delays do piss people off. If I had waited years, I might be more negative about it too I guess.

The way I look at it though is that it puts more copies of a great pin into the marketplace, and allows more people to enjoy it. Yeah hopefully the production timetable will be reasonable but at least its happening.

No one is being forced to buy one, or wait if they aren't comfortable with the idea. At least somebody is reissuing these..

I think the main thing is that people just want them all yesterday. Which I understand, I'd love to be able to choose which reissue I wanted when, but its probably not realistic.

#286 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well actually it's a sequel, and there are plenty of sequels that are equal to or better than the original (Terminator 2, Aliens)
I agree with movie remakes, they're all fucking terrible....

I dunno...'The Departed' is pretty damn good for a remake.

#287 7 years ago

From Rick @ the PPS forums:

"

Game will be an an location somewhere around the Chicagoland area in a few days ... this will be a mostly stripped down game, as some of the features we are waiting for promo pictures, etc and want to save somethings for a full reveal with documentation, etc.

rick

"

#288 7 years ago

Sounds just like the last time around. I wouldn't hand these jokers a dime until the game is complete and ready to go on a truck. Actually I wouldn't hand them a dime, period.

#289 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sounds just like the last time around. I wouldn't hand these jokers a dime until the game is complete and ready to go on a truck. Actually I wouldn't hand them a dime, period.

To each their own, personally I plan to add one to my collection. Been very pleased with my MMR, I expect the same with AFMR

#290 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yes what a subtle hand that film was crafted with. i don;t know if you caught it, again soooo subtle, but there's actually a rat at the end of the movie...did you notice that part? Did you get the "rat reference?"
So bad besides Marky whoms awesome.

#291 7 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

this will be a mostly stripped down game

It's already basically empty - how much could you strip down?

#292 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

All the shit they are going to charge extra for after owners take delivery.

#293 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

All the shit they are going to charge extra for after owners take delivery.

Ah sure; leg levelers, coin box, keys to the backbox...standard "options" really.

#294 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

That makes me think there will be the equivalent of a "Pro" and "Premium" model. If I had to guess...the "Pro" will be the same as the original. The "Premium" will have some kind of powdercoated trim, color dots included, shaker included, possibly art blades, 3D translite, "Bill Ung" style extra lights, etc.

#295 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Foreign remakes are a crapshoot...but I can see why they do them. It's the already iconic American remakes/reboots (Ghostbusters, Elm St., Terminator Gynysys) that are horrible.

#296 7 years ago

I really looking forward to this game but I'm really not looking forward to the multitude of original vs remake threads and the endless onslaught of Peter Noone pics that will follow.

#297 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That's why I won't buy an iPhone.
The 6 only costs Apple $200.10 to make.

I always find this shit funny my Apple store 12 to 15 people front of store many more back of store min wage $10 store open 11 hours a day pay $3000 a day rent $8000/$10000 month

#298 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

coin mechs

#299 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Maybe it's the rush. Why rush it? I could be wrong about this but it seems there's a group who since they've gotten MMr have been impatient about information on the next one. There are those of us who might pull the trigger on MMr still if it doesn't get the bum's rush off the assembly line based on a few people's demands.

#300 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

In case anybody is wondering, this is what the 'new' game will look like.

It does not look like that

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

16,500 (OBO)
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.00
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Santa Clara, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 754 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amfr-pps-announced-next-remake/page/6?hl=bronty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.