View topic image gallery

1 (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
IMG_1620 (resized).PNG
Resized_20170315_091133 (resized).jpg
IMG_1368 (resized).JPG
17022134_1015723185196495_5847008981864314168_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1071 (resized).PNG
vinyl-victorian-picket-fence-scalloped-1-1-2-balusters-pickets-5-sq-post-size-4.gif (resized).jpg
aliens-ufo (resized).jpg
RicketyCricket (resized).jpg
20170129_174405 (resized).jpg
20170129_174400 (resized).jpg
20170129_112417 (resized).jpg
IMG_8727 (resized).JPG
457464945_640 (resized).jpg
Miranda-Kerr (resized).jpg
There are 754 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 16.
#651 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Am I the only one that isn't keen on the super wide lcd/dmd?

It's the same ratio as a DMD. It's not wider. People forget that DMDs are not 16:9 ...they're much longer.

#652 7 years ago

My guess for pricing is..
$7000 standard
$7500 Premium
$8000 LE

I think if they go much higher they will sell a lot less games!

#653 7 years ago

I like the display but those green rails make the game look like crap. JMHO...

#654 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Absolutely true. AFM is the better overall game, especially in tournaments. I love MM, but when I was choosing between AFM and MM, the better strategy balance in AFM won me over.
My guess for pricing will be...
- $7,500
- $8,500
- $10,000
...and I think they'll sell a ton. I'm happy with my original, but there's going to be a healthy demand here.

That's where my prediction started, too. 7.5K

#655 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's the same ratio as a DMD. It's not wider. People forget that DMDs are not 16:9 ...they're much longer.

I mean more in regards to how it looks visually. The classic just looks better aesthetically imo and more in proportion, on the bright side at least there is a choice being offered, hopefully keeps everyone happy so that's great!

#656 7 years ago

Are the light up speaker grills an included option on those models? And the topper? Or is that a mod to catch the eye?

#657 7 years ago

This is an encouraging sign!...

Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Give us through the end of TPF to reassess trim options.
Thanks for the feedback!

#658 7 years ago

Especially if they are paying attention to details this time.

#659 7 years ago

These are great looking machines, myself I like the Premium the best. They play just like the original and look awesome, be really interesting to see what the price point is but I sure am glad there are remaking these machines and there are more of these out in the wild now. From what I was told the pricing will be presented and will be ready to ship after TPF. Nice to see they have their act together on this one.

#660 7 years ago

The one thing consistent with this remake is that haters are going to hate. It's like MMr all over again.

#661 7 years ago

Given that MMr had two different powder coat color options (gold and black) and the option to go with stainless, I would think AFMr would offer green, black, and stainless. It seems like they should go with red, black, and stainless, though.

#662 7 years ago

I just don't understand how anyone could have green-lit that horrible green trim. Is there honestly anyone on Pinside that thinks it looks good? How can they possibly get something that wrong.

#663 7 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

I just don't understand how anyone could have green-lit that horrible green trim. Is there honestly anyone on Pinside that thinks it looks good? How can they possibly get something that wrong.

Mars is full of little green men, so it makes sense just as GBLE is green for slimer, etc. Looking at the playfield and the toys on the game, green is a pretty prominent color along with red.

Marc

#664 7 years ago

Even though I would not choose the green, looks good to me.

I just want to get one. Going to be awhile though, my whole life is in reconstruction. I'd really like to get one of these someday. I may not buy the green but I sure wouldn't kick it to the curb, looks loud. I actually like loud.

#665 7 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Mars is full of little green men, so it makes sense just as GBLE is green for slimer, etc. Looking at the playfield and the toys on the game, green is a pretty prominent color along with red.
Marc

There is no comparison with GBLE green - it goes with the artwork. AFMR is a complete clash with the artwork. It's not about matching what's on the playfield - it's about integrating with the surrounding artwork. Take another look at GBLE, and then look at AFMR.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

#666 7 years ago

I'm not very picky about colors. Heck, plain stainless looks great to me. However, that green is awful. Really awful.

I don't expect prices to be $7k or less. No way given how much any new pin costs. Why would it when these will easily sell at premium prices. Sure, they might sell a handful more at lower prices but will lose money on a ton of other sales from guys that don't care what the price is.

#667 7 years ago

Green trim looks fine to me too and matches the green in the game. Just another way to make standout art on a game and the pin itself standout more. It'll be rare, and that will be valuable to some people. Amazing to see so many people post an opinion as fact here, and on color of all things, lol.

#668 7 years ago

After all the bother with the powder coat on MMR, I'm shocked they don't just go with stainless on all of them and either sell the powdercoat bits as an add on, or not bother at all and let people do it themselves.

#669 7 years ago

Well someone else said it right. That green trim is probably leftover parts that they want to use up

#670 7 years ago

We have Opened our Interest List As well.
Please Note This is Just an Interest List. You will get a email or call as soon as we know pricing to see if you want to get in. At that time a deposit will be required if you do want to stay in. No Deposits will be taken or Games committed until pricing is announced!!

https://gameexchange.biz/products/attack-from-mars-remake-le-interest-list

Go to the link Above and get on the list if you are interested. No Payment info needed!

JJ

#671 7 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

Well someone else said it right. That green trim is probably leftover parts that they want to use up

Leftover from what? Stern isn't building these games....and Stern knew they were making 500 GBLEs and most likely ordered 500 sets of green armor.

#672 7 years ago

I love the big display. Not sure why I'm appearing to be in the minority there. It's the same aspect ratio as a DMD, but bigger! With the higher resolution animation, it should look great.

Now, I think we can all agree that green one looks like vomit though.

Stainless looks the best, just like it does on MMr.

#673 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Leftover from what? Stern isn't building these games....and Stern knew they were making 500 GBLEs and most likely ordered 500 sets of green armor.

Hey I'm trying to find a reason that makes sense LOL

I don't like the color choice, but I won't be getting that model anyways.

#674 7 years ago

See us at Texas Pinball Festival in our booth once the show opens. We will be adding to our AFMR interested parties lists and more. Buy an AFMR from us and I'll give you the "pre price increase" pricing on an Escalera you can pick up at the show. Or just buy an Escalera from us. We will have several there to take home so save shipping and pick it up at the show. Call me to reserve one now.

Larry
flipnoutpinball.com

#675 7 years ago

Should have used Rainbows end or city lights powdercoating for the LE and leave the others stainless. I have it on my sttng and it looks amazing.
Kind of like space with multicolored flecks that look like stars and planets. It would have matched perfectly with the AFM artwork.

In spite of the green...Still excited to see this game in the flesh with that huge dmd. Sure hope they can make the vision that Sir Eddy wanted in the beginning.

LOVE to see a ship flying around the playfield as per original design. It really would make AFMr a number 1 contender.

#676 7 years ago

Since most of the time you are playing the game standing in front of the game looking down on the playfield, it is more important that the trim go with the playfield and not the cabinet. That green does that and if you don't like it you can either get the stainless steel or do your own powdercoating to make it truly yours. This game is absolutely gorgeous and people here are bitching and complaining over what....green powdercoating? I'm getting my AFMrLE, I'm going to play the shit out of it and I'm going to thoroughly enjoy it ...green powdercoating and all.

#677 7 years ago
Quoted from Hawk007:

Should have used Rainbows end or city lights powdercoating for the LE and leave the others stainless. I have it on my sttng and it looks amazing.
Kind of like space with multicolored flecks that look like stars and planets. It would have matched perfectly with the AFM artwork.
In spite of the green...Still excited to see this game in the flesh with that huge dmd. Sure hope they can make the vision that Sir Eddy wanted in the beginning.
LOVE to see a ship flying around the playfield as per original design. It really would make AFMr a number 1 contender.

Gameplay is the same.....

#678 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Since most of the time you are playing the game standing in front of the game looking down on the playfield, it is more important that the trim go with the playfield and not the cabinet. That green does that and if you don't like it you can either get the stainless steel or do your own powdercoating to make it truly yours. This game is absolutely gorgeous and people here are bitching and complaining over what....green powdercoating? I'm getting my AFMrLE, I'm going to play the shit out of it and I'm going to thoroughly enjoy it ...green powdercoating and all.

With that thought process, toppers would be pointless as well. Not sure I agree with that - it's also like saying since you are sitting inside a car most of the time, the cars interior color is most important and outside color not so much.

#679 7 years ago

I'd better start saving up to get one of these.
How long are remakes typically for sale for?
Two years?

#680 7 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

Two years?

They'll be available as long as enough people want them to warrant CGC building them. There's no time limit on the license.

#681 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

does the base one have bally on it?

It has a standard DMD.
The big DMD's have a little cut-out for the logo or you can program whatever you want there, like your bar or location name/logo.

#682 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

It has a standard DMD.
The big DMD's have a little cut-out for the logo or you can program whatever yo want there.

Theoretically they could do that for the "classic" version, too...since the standard DMD isn't a DMD, but a monitor with unused area on the top and bottom.

#683 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Theoretically they could do that for the "classic" version, too...since the standard DMD isn't a DMD, but a monitor with unused area on the top and bottom.

I agree, but I think most people will get the middle priced option with the big DMD and shaker etc.
I do like the topper on the collectors version, but Im not sold on it. For the extra money I would like anti-glare glass though, but they havent talked about it yet.

#684 7 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

Two years?

Probably somewhere around there. There was a last call for MMR before AFMR a month or so back after near two years production so I'd expect AFMR to do something similar. I got in on that MMR last call. . Skip all the drama, hate, early issues and get a NIB machine with all the production refinements. Sounds like a win win.

#685 7 years ago

I agree, but I think most people will get the middle priced option with the big DMD and shaker etc.
I do like the topper on the collectors version, but Im not sold on it. For the extra money I would like anti-glare glass though, but they havent talked about it yet.

Yeah, if I were a customer, I'd prob get the middle version...although even though I don't care about the trim or topper that much - I would want the tri-color LEDs that are on all the saucers in the LE. Hopefully those can be purchased separately and added (or modded) to the middle version.

#686 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, if I were a customer, I'd prob get the middle version...although even though I don't care about the trim or topper that much - I would want the tri-color LEDs that are on all the saucers in the LE. Hopefully those can be purchased separately and added (or modded) to the middle version.

One thing to add is the backboard decal with the city-scape and flashers tied to the multiballs.
I really hoped that they would do this like in the prototype.
I guess they left it to the aftermarket for refinements.

#687 7 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

With that thought process, toppers would be pointless as well. Not sure I agree with that - it's also like saying since you are sitting inside a car most of the time, the cars interior color is most important and outside color not so much.

Exactly, toppers are pointless and offer nothing to the gameplay of a particular game. If you are like me then you have a large collection where pins are sitting next to each other and do not see the side art. You are left with the playfield, translite and trim to look at. Therefore make the trim match the playfield and translite not the cabinet. In that case, the green works. A better solution would be to change the Attack From Mars letters to green on the side decals of the LE. That way everything matches and gives it a more rare look.Why does the LE cabinet have to look like the standard cabinet?

#688 7 years ago

The standard has a color LCD the same size in MMr that is displaying a single color like MMr . The LCD takes a color software upgrade for additional money. The other models have a larger LCD that already has the software upgrade for color.

It has a standard DMD.
The big DMD's have a little cut-out for the logo or you can program whatever you want there, like your bar or location name/logo.

#689 7 years ago

I was at Amusement Expo yesterday and wrote a small report on it which I published here: https://issuu.com/pinballmagazine/docs/pinball_magazine_christopher_franch
It includes some details on AFMr I haven't seen here...

1 week later
#690 7 years ago

Prices look better than expected, I think

#691 7 years ago

Not if you live in Australia...

#692 7 years ago

1k less per version and I'd be all over it. Now I'll probably wait and play some other new offerings and see what I want.

#693 7 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

Yeah the classic is what 6500 a stern pro is 6000 ish in the states? So here in the U.K it's going to be pretty steep but I'll wait and see and I could still be interested if I can get the tri colour leds on a classic.

#694 7 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

What do you expect, they are not going to be the Same price as the USA, they will be similar to the rest of the World, shipping, warranty,gst etc

LE and special are Still $1000 cheaper than a Stern here

They are the same as MMR Le were and we sold out of them

35 of our Le allocation are sold already

#695 7 years ago

I think people are crazy to order right away, I mean what issues and problems will arise? do they have the play field chipping issue taken care of like on mmr? I will wait and see what issues crop up before ordering and won't get sucked in to the so called le version because theres only 1000, only 1000! lol! Those of you that order early good luck but you deserve what you get.

#696 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

What do you expect

6500/.76 + GST + Import Duty + sea freight.

#697 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

What do you expect, they are not going to be the Same price as the USA, they will be similar to the rest of the World, shipping, warranty,gst etc
LE and special are Still $1000 cheaper than a Stern here
They are the same as MMR Le were and we sold out of them
35 of our Le allocation are sold already

Where are you getting the $1000 cheaper than a Stern?
Stern LE in Australia is $12350.
AFMr prices in Australia are as follows
$11500
$12500
$13500 for the LE

#698 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

6500/.76 + GST + Import Duty + sea freight.

We also have to remember there is no way our Australian distributor is paying full American RETAIL price

#699 7 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

We also have to remember there is no way our Australian distributor is paying full American RETAIL price

No, but neither are the US distributors. That's why I started with 6500 (for base model). That's the price to the US end user. Adjust here for FX, taxes and shipping and that's the equivalent.

Same old bullshit from sheltered Australian retailers. Amazon is coming. They can all die a slow death.

#700 7 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Where are you getting the $1000 cheaper than a Stern?
Stern LE in Australia is $12350.
AFMr prices in Australia are as follows
$11500
$12500
$13500 for the LE

I just paid $14,500 for a le batman

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Santa Clara, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.00
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 754 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amfr-pps-announced-next-remake/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.