• Yes 67 votes
    11%
  • No 285 votes
    48%
  • Wait for pricing 238 votes
    40%

(590 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 28 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1 (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
IMG_1620 (resized).PNG
Resized_20170315_091133 (resized).jpg
IMG_1368 (resized).JPG
17022134_1015723185196495_5847008981864314168_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1071 (resized).PNG
vinyl-victorian-picket-fence-scalloped-1-1-2-balusters-pickets-5-sq-post-size-4.gif (resized).jpg
aliens-ufo (resized).jpg
RicketyCricket (resized).jpg
20170129_174405 (resized).jpg
20170129_174400 (resized).jpg
20170129_112417 (resized).jpg
IMG_8727 (resized).JPG
457464945_640 (resized).jpg
Miranda-Kerr (resized).jpg

There are 754 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 16.
#1 2 years ago

So it was kinda quiet, but Rick finally let it out that AFMr is the next remake! I personally am excited. I love this pin and am eager to get one in the area (I have a friend who will be buying...). They did a great job on MMr (despite what the haters say). Apparently pictures were leaked, but I imagine they are somewhat uninteresting as they will look just like AFM, right?

#3 2 years ago

After purchasing the MMR, I am not interested in being involved with another pre-order fiasco that occurred or the blaming of who is actually responsible for things that could have gone so much better with quality control issues.

#4 2 years ago

Truly an awesome way of announcing a new pin! So where are these leaked pics to be found?

#5 2 years ago

I doubt Stern is assembling...that and the price are the two "hurdles" for buyers.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

After purchasing the MMR, I am not interested in being involved with another pre-order fiasco that occurred or the blaming of who is actually responsible for things that could have gone so much better with quality control issues.

I'm not wanting to preorder either. But I had no problems the first time. I got in late though. I'll just wait and order when it's ready.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Truly an awesome way of announcing a new pin! So where are thes leaked pics to be found?

Wish I knew!

#8 2 years ago

Pics or it didn't happen

#9 2 years ago

I'm gonna go out on a ledge here and say the pics look like AFM...black trim option avail

#10 2 years ago

From rumors I heard a while back.... wasn't price point supposed to be around 6500. That will a game changer.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

From rumors I heard a while back.... wasn't price point supposed to be around 6500.

I believe that was Pinside rumors.

I'd wait and see what they are when announced.

LTG : )

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

From rumors I heard a while back.... wasn't price point supposed to be around 6500. That will a game changer.

I hope so. Seems too good to be true.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

wasn't price point supposed to be around 6500.

Yeah right.

#14 2 years ago

Lol no way it's 6500. It's 8k but comes with mods and colour.

I'm really happy with my mmr but don't think afmr is worth the same.

#15 2 years ago

Quoted from paynemic:I'm not wanting to preorder either. But I had no problems the first time. I got in late though. I'll just wait and order when it's ready.

You can order with me just 200 down and no more money ever until it's ready. I even deliver in person and help set up if you are within 400 miles if 24273
Thanks Buddy
Mountain Entertainment Inc
Full time coin operated amusements since 1986

Added over 3 years ago: Sorry not trying to jump the gun, thrre is nothing to sell at present so no need to send any money or deposit. When the pin is ready, I look forward to meeting many of you in person and providing the quality service we have provided for years, with this awesome quality new pin to arrive. Everyone is excited can't wait for it to hit the market.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

You can order with me just 200 down and no more money ever until it's ready. I even deliver in person and help set up if you are within 400 miles if 24273
Thanks Buddy
Mountain Entertainment Inc
Full time coin operated amusements since 1986

Has MSRP been announced yet?

#17 2 years ago

Does anyone have a link to the pictures?

#18 2 years ago

That was anti-climatic.....Surprise.
I'll wait 4 years for Cactus canyon.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

That was anti-climatic.....Surprise.
I'll wait 4 years for Cactus canyon.

Yeah weird, all that for THIS...umm talk about a poor recovery Rick

#20 2 years ago

The real news is gonna be the price. As it sits there's really nothing to this announcement.

#21 2 years ago

Cant wait to see the price and upgrades.... Afm is my favorite pin and i hope others can enjoy it soon ....

#22 2 years ago

Giddyup! I will be ordering one as long as priced same as MMR or less.

#23 2 years ago

I just bought an original because they took to long to announce it. I hate lack of communication.

#24 2 years ago

People need to stop inflating balloons like circus clowns.
These are the things that get people upset.
There was no lack of communication.

That was not an announcement.
This was a statement response due to a error.

What is "missing" from these circumstances?

- No details or formal declaration - FUNDAMENTAL!
- No pricing listing - CRITICAL!
- No model differentiation
- No feature listing
- No explanation of the construction planning in conjunction the manufacturer
- No confirmation of who will build it
- No production timetable - VERY IMPORTANT!
- No advertisements

This is among every other important area in pinball design.
These are the areas that actually matter when it comes to development of a pinball machine in this industry.

Wait for PinballNews, and read actual game release statements to understand the differences.
People should not go running to distributors, as it annoys them.

PPS still would provide a better service to pinball community by expending substantial resources on building more parts than ambulance chasing license copyrights and producing refakes at inflated prices.
The only real advantage of producing refakes is profit generation to the manufacturer, and potential title competition.

What people should consider is if any manufacturer produces less than 1000 games, can they make a profit?
The answer is only yes, if they increase the price to offset manufacturing cost.
Be realistic, based on the current market circumstances.

I continue to not understand how people can agree to give up money and wait over 2 years for any commercial product, especially with indescript functionality and quality without evaluating a product first, even if in written word.

#25 2 years ago

Built by Chicago Gaming,
This will last them a few years

#27 2 years ago

I just got an original as well and really don't care about the remake - it's been rumored so long and lord knows when it will actually ship. Since stern isn't building it I am interested to see who does and what the build quality is like this go around. The market isn't/wasn't as insane on original AFM as it was for original MM when the remake dropped so I don't expect any market price dip for originals. Some folks will always prefer original anyway. I am anxious to see what they do with the upgraded full color DMD graphics on this one as the MMr color DMD is probably the best and maybe only reason to choose a remake over an original IMO

#28 2 years ago

Yeah, won't be buying anymore remakes. The ridiculous wait for MM, plus the nastygrams I got from Rick when I offered to release a fix for the audio issues. I'm done with PPS.

#29 2 years ago

Remake something people can afford and is rare, maybe Rescue The Transporter, Stargazer, Quicksilver, Seawitch, Robowar, TX Sector or other titles in demand that are hard to obtain but sought after, MM and AFM at 10K I can get one at the price anyway, AFM is a great game.

#30 2 years ago

That is one heck of a private "leak" - somehow the pictures never made it onto the internet. I guess there are Polaroid photos going around somewhere.

#31 2 years ago

It's not about pitting originals vs remakes. It's about getting an Attack From Mars. If you want one and don't have one, you'll have an option to wait for an original or get a NIB. It's never been about anything other than getting sought after titles into the hands of people who want them.

Marc

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

It's never been about anything other than getting sought after titles into the hands of people who want them.
Marc

It also seems to be about a tremendous gross margin.

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Whereas AFM is the better MM

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

They said there would be different versions, and the higher version would have color. So it's possible it could be 8K with mods and color, AND have a base version at 6500.

#35 2 years ago

You guys are dreaming about $6,000 anything.

Fork out your $8,500 for the most empty pinball layout in history - and be glad about it.

#36 2 years ago

so wheres the announcement? this an announcement because rick on private forum said that pictures leaked and its AFMR? WOW thatsa helluva announcement, lol! why the lack of excitement? Probably because an afm remake is not exciting at all, seriously is anyone excited about this?

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You guys are dreaming about $6,000 anything.
Fork out your $8,500 for the most empty pinball layout in history - and be glad about it.

Damn straight.

$6,000? Come on now, Rick's gotta eat too.

#38 2 years ago

Where are the leaked pics?

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

so wheres the announcement? this an announcement because rick on private forum said that pictures leaked and its AFMR? WOW thatsa helluva announcement, lol! why the lack of excitement? Probably because an afm remake is not exciting at all, seriously is anyone excited about this?

There are leaked images somewhere, so Rick came out and said it's happening. They're not ready for a formal announcement so they didn't have anything prepared.

#40 2 years ago

I'm excited to see AFMR, I've been wanting AFM in my collection and one NIB might be perfect! Cant wait to see it!

#41 2 years ago

Were the pictures really leaked or is this just another line of BS from Rick because he knows he should've announced long ago and he's still not ready to announce? If they pics are leaked then where are they?

#42 2 years ago

leaked photos?? I mean its afm, has anyone ever seen an afm before? how exciting, lol!

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

seriously is anyone excited about this?

Always gotta be that one guy crapping on everyone else...

I would be, if I had any faith the price would be reasonable. I'd *LOVE* to have an AFM, and I'm not going to fight the collectors for the chance to pay 7 grand for a ratty-ass example.

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

leaked photos?? I mean its afm, has anyone ever seen an afm before? how exciting, lol!

Everybody knows what AFM looks like but nobody has shown any proof that PPS is remaking it. I believe AFM is really the next game from what Rick says, just not too sure about the "leak" story.

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

Rumored to have different versions with color etc. and besides that actual pics would mean it's real, that's the point

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Everybody knows what AFM looks like but nobody has shown any proof that PPS is remaking it. I believe Rick is not lying, just not too sure about the "leak" story.

I think Rick forgot to leak the pics first.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

just not too sure about the "leak" story.

If google can't find them...

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

If google can't find them...

Sounds like some Polaroid photo's being circulated

Quoted from Eryeal:

That is one heck of a private "leak" - somehow the pictures never made it onto the internet. I guess there are Polaroid photos going around somewhere.

#49 2 years ago

I'm going to wait for real news, like "Will it come with coin mechs?"

Realistically, what will matter on this game is price, price, price. If it doesn't undercut Stern by a significant margin, it's pretty much DOA. The big advantage of a new AFM? The cabinet decals probably won't be faded.

Unfortunately, I think PPS missed the window for the classic remakes. I understand why AFM was a logical choice for the next title, but think there would be more interest in Big Bang, MB or CC (with s/w additions).

#50 2 years ago

AFM is a fantastic game that has earned its place among the top of the ratings and has given countless people joy and pleasure over the years. To have an opportunity to be able to buy one NIB with complete finished code is great news and I will look forward to getting this.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
There are 754 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 16.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside