(Topic ID: 78389)

America's Most Haunted - Who here pre-ordered?

By Betelgeuse

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by RobKnapp
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_0233.JPG
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

I'm in on AMH. I think the game came together nicely and really like what I see. So much so that I sold two of my machines and sent my deposit in last night. Now I just need to be patient and wait for the game to arrive...

#52 10 years ago

If Ben has succeeded in creating a great game, they'll sell all they want. There is no false scarcity with limited numbers, so I wouldn't read much into the pre-order numbers. Most are taking a wait and see, and if the game is good it'll sell.

I've cancelled Predator and would be happy to get AMH, but it's prudent to see what the final game is like, the build, etc.

#53 10 years ago

You are right, frolic. If the game is a winner, they will sell at least the planned 100 units. I'm sure there are lots of other people like Ted who are on the list, but still waiting to hear from Spooky or get a chance to play in person. I'm just surprised there isn't more buzz about a new game hitting production. Maybe once it actually starts shipping, the tide will turn.

#54 10 years ago

If I'd make a choice right now for a NIB between the options of the NIB games at the moment (or almost), I'd choose AMH. But, I've never bought a NIB and though I might do someday, I'd really need to play one myself first, for it's way too much money for me to buy 'unplayed'. I think one main reason sales aren't bigger is that more people want to play one first before deciding and besides they'd like to see peoples experiences with production-games (many or almost no problems with hardware, etc... I think it'll all be fine, but it's not been proven to the public on larger scale yet). At least that's my view, even though I hope there are enough pre-orders to get the ball rolling!

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from sven:

If I'd make a choice right now for a NIB between the options of the NIB games at the moment (or almost), I'd choose AMH. But, I've never bought a NIB and though I might do someday, I'd really need to play one myself first, for it's way too much money for me to buy 'unplayed'. I think one main reason sales aren't bigger is that more people want to play one first before deciding and besides they'd like to see peoples experiences with production-games (many or almost no problems with hardware, etc... I think it'll all be fine, but it's not been proven to the public on larger scale yet). At least that's my view, even though I hope there are enough pre-orders to get the ball rolling!

Sales would be higher if we had a licensed theme. (as would be our costs) A legendary pinball designed like JPop can move a lot of unlicensed games, we aren't there yet. The theme certainly isn't for everyone, but I enjoy weird humor, paranormal things (and so does Chuck) so that's why we're making the games we are. We make stuff we enjoy, so the passion trickles down to the consumer.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Sales would be higher if we had a licensed theme. (as would be our costs) A legendary pinball designed like JPop can move a lot of unlicensed games, we aren't there yet. The theme certainly isn't for everyone, but I enjoy weird humor, paranormal things (and so does Chuck) so that's why we're making the games we are. We make stuff we enjoy, so the passion trickles down to the consumer.

I thought everyone was clamoring for an unlicensed ghost or haunted house theme. Well, here it is! I looked at the videos and it looks like a lot of fun. (must admit, I'm not crazy about the backglass)
...but, I agree, when this gets out there...it will sell!

#57 10 years ago

When this is ready I will be deciding between Predator or AMH it appears. I will have to wait to evaluate the final production unit of each and that is the beauty of both games IMHO. I CAN wait and make a final decision.

#58 10 years ago

I was thinking about it. For the price I'll sit on the side lines. Could turn out to be a cool game, IMHO it needs a little more fine turning.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

When this is ready I will be deciding between Predator or AMH it appears. I will have to wait to evaluate the final production unit of each and that is the beauty of both games IMHO.

That was my original thinking, as well. My line of thinking now is that by the time Predator is finished, Spooky will be shipping game number 2 or maybe even 3. A bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush, even if this bird hasn't *quite* landed yet. I will cross that Predator bridge when I finally come to it, for better or worse.

#60 10 years ago

Any chance of this game showing up at the Ohio show?

#61 10 years ago

I need to see the end product, not sure it is really my thing. Looks good and fun.... But not sure yet, does not grap me firm yet.

But i do think ben and his team are the ones that will put pinball into next gen. Open source software.

This will be the new way pinball should go. This pin will be better every year. By mods, by clever fans. And by ben and his team.

This pin will never be finished, on a good way! There will always be someone working on some new epic game mode, wanting to share it with the pinballcommunity.

Fans will fight eachother in modding, who can build the most fun modes? It will be fantastic.

Cant wait how this all works out.

Good luck!

1 week later
#62 10 years ago

I'm hoping for some first impressions from those who are lucky enough to play the game this weekend at the crawl. Please don't forget about us less fortunate folks.

#63 10 years ago

Looking forward to it.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I'm hoping for some first impressions from those who are lucky enough to play the game this weekend at the crawl. Please don't forget about us less fortunate folks.

You're taking for granted we'll be sober when playing and will remember actually playing it.

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You're taking for granted we'll be sober when playing and will remember actually playing it.

I never expect sobriety at a pinball party, but maybe there will be the one unbiased guy who can't drink because he's in AA. Let me dream a little.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

but maybe there will be the one unbiased guy who can't drink because he's in AA.

Being in AA never stopped me from drinking.

Can't wait to play the finished version. Loved playing the one on wheels!

#67 10 years ago

I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time and was Sober to boot! I ran about 5 games through AMH and it was awesome! Can't wait for Zombies from Beyond the Grave to come out and play it as well! No down payment but would be proud to add it to my collection!

#68 10 years ago

Love the concept, love ben and spooky pinball, but the ghost looks so cheesy, gameplay looks to be manipulating and the call-outs are just finger-nails on a chalk board. Zombies from beyond the grave should be better....I hope.

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

gameplay looks to be manipulating

I don't understand this comment.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

but the ghost looks so cheesy

I think it would have been cool if they could have made the ghost pop-up from below the playfield during the battles, kind of like a ghost rising through the floor, but I'm sure it would have been significantly harder to do given the layout and not cost effective. The ghost certainly doesn't look scary or mean, but not sure it looks cheesy - when I think of cheesy I think of Mick on a Stick or the dancing band members in AC/DC (and I don't mean to insult AC/DC - love the machine).

Quoted from limelime20:

gameplay looks to be manipulating

Like a chiropractic manipulation? Personally I think the gameplay looks like a combination of some of my favorite machines. And from initial reviews at the crawl for balls last week it sounds like it was well received.

Quoted from limelime20:

call-outs are just finger-nails on a chalk board

yeah, that was what was I was initially concerned about, but from Ben's posts they are re-recording a lot of the speech so hopefully this aspect of the game improves.

3 weeks later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/americas-most-haunted-who-here-pre-ordered/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.