(Topic ID: 69472)

America's Most Haunted (ghost squad) Promo Video!

By SpookyCharlie

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pinmods
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

100_9920.JPG
gorgar.jpg
new_cab_art.jpg
AMH-Backglass-Colorscheme-KH-01.jpg
maxresdefault[1].jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider benheck.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 6 years ago

You can see more videos on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/benheckdotcom Chuck will be shooting a hi-def one with the real game this weekend (mine is just the rotisserie prototype)

I'm talking with an artist to re-do the backglass. Since we're changing it, we're also re-introducing color to make it match the game better (color sample attached) It will all be drawn, but the people will still look fairly realistic since the theme is real people hunting the more cartoon-ish ghosts. The characters will be stereotyped a bit more: the hero will have a squarer jaw, the psychic will be older and more crazy-cat lady like, etc. The basic layout won't change but the clouds and mist will be more stylized, more mist around the logo, etc. There is also a graphic on the back board depicting the 6 Ghost Bosses. They are arranged in the direction of the shots that advance them.

Soap Box Moment Incoming:

Have you heard anyone complain about how this game PLAYS? Or that it's not deep enough? Please don't get hung up on simple things like art that can be changed.

If you truly want original themes, support the manufacturers making them. Support games with toys that actually interact with and affect the ball. Support games with humor. Support the game Steve Richie and Roger Sharpe both called "the best of the boutique games I've played" Support AMERICA'S MOST HAUNTED.

AMH-Backglass-Colorscheme-KH-01.jpg new_cab_art.jpg
#103 6 years ago

I'd like to sell the board in the future but right now the focus is getting the art up to snuff and finishing the code.

It programs in C, pretty easy. We are updating our dot conversion program to use AVI to save us and future users a step.

#107 6 years ago

It actually was going to have a moving ball like BSD at one point, but would go to messages on a Ouiji board.

We took it out because a) magnet had a hard time catching it from the scoop b) took up too much playfield c) involved a ghost character since removed from the game

1 week later
#117 6 years ago

The new backglass art is on its way. Composition is mostly the same, but title moved to top. Characters slightly larger.

The psychic is now more of a gypsy / crazy cat lady. Backglass is now in color, dark blue sky, green fog, slightly orange characters.

And all hand drawn! Should be able to show you all before Thanksgiving.

Also Chuck has a new gameplay video he should be posting any second now...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Atlanta, GA
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Toppers
COINTAKER.COM
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5,800.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider benheck.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside