(Topic ID: 69472)

America's Most Haunted (ghost squad) Promo Video!

By SpookyCharlie

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pinmods
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

100_9920.JPG
gorgar.jpg
new_cab_art.jpg
AMH-Backglass-Colorscheme-KH-01.jpg
maxresdefault[1].jpg

There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 6 years ago

I like the, theme (yes I love horror), playfield layout has some interesting aspects for sure, price is fair. Still not sure I'd buy it though, with limits on funds and space, I really have to be selective on what I pickup (damn MMR had to be 8k). Anyway, I hope your able to produce quite a few so I have a chance to pick one up down the road.

And yes, if you throw a sexy chick on the backglass, its going to sell a few hundered more units for sure around here.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

But in this video, to me, it sounds like a stereo behind the machine is doing the call outs. Does not feel integrated with the rest of the sounds.

You aren't hearing the audio in the game, you are hearing the individual callouts I added to the video edit mix. When you hear them in the game, you'll also hear the music, sound fx, etc so it sounds like a normal pinball... with kick ass Flipper Fidelity speakers behind them!

We admittedly need to balance the speech in the game better. Some callouts are just louder than others... will be done before the games ship.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

....will be done before the games ship.

Speaking of; what is the current estimated shipping date(s)? Possible X-mas stocking stuffers?

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

Speaking of; what is the current estimated shipping date(s)? Possible X-mas stocking stuffers?

Hmmmm.... great question. We're building them now, so it's pretty much down to code. Hoping we can ship a few right about the 1st of the year. The double art package will slow down things a bit. Did we mention this thing has pretty deep (and fun!) rules... and the wizard mode is already in there?! Ben smiles a lot when anyone mentions that fact... and he should.

KT sent out the mass email to the first 25 on the list last Saturday... again: kt@spookypinball.com gets you on the sales list. She's talking deposits now. We put that off as long as we could... and I'm really proud of that.

Check back tomorrow.. we may have a surprise or two later in the day!

Have a great weekend everyone!

#55 6 years ago

Hmmmm.... great question. We're building them now, so it's pretty much down to code. Hoping we can ship a few right about the 1st of the year. The double art package will slow down things a bit. Did we mention this thing has pretty deep (and fun!) rules... and the wizard mode is already in there?! Ben smiles a lot when anyone mentions that fact... and he should.
KT sent out the mass email to the first 25 on the list last Saturday... again: kt@spookypinball.com gets you on the sales list. She's talking deposits now. We put that off as long as we could... and I'm really proud of that.
Check back tomorrow.. we may have a surprise or two later in the day!
Have a great weekend everyone!

We like surprises

#56 6 years ago

I really like it and had contacted KT early this week to add my name to the customer list of buyers.

Saw the video, liked it as well but must cancel due to all the Innuendo.

I think things can be funny without all the "balls" jokes, hitting the ghost in "his junk", etc. I appreciate low brow humor, but I wouldn't want my daughters to play it, or host friends and family with their kids over to play it either. I'm sure it will sell out, and I hope it does. Perhaps Ben and Spooky's next project can take family's into consideration. I'll be on board supporting the boutique builder.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

I really like it and had contacted KT early this week to add my name to the customer list of buyers.
Saw the video, liked it as well but must cancel due to all the Innuendo.
I think things can be funny without all the "balls" jokes, hitting the ghost in "his junk", etc. I appreciate low brow humor, but I wouldn't want my daughters to play it, or host friends and family with their kids over to play it either. I'm sure it will sell out, and I hope it does. Perhaps Ben and Spooky's next project can take family's into consideration. I'll be on board supporting the boutique builder.

Unfortunately I think I'm going to be in the same boat. Really is a bummer since I've been longing for this machine since I first saw the layout and some of the shots. I could get away with the outlane comments, but not with seemingly every single shot.

#58 6 years ago

Serious as a heart attack here...When I first saw this I wanted one...then I caught Charlie's promo video. Now I want 2! Damn good job sir, damn good!

Paul

#59 6 years ago

For you guys, surely there will be a family mode in the menu? Problem solved.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Unfortunately I think I'm going to be in the same boat. Really is a bummer since I've been longing for this machine since I first saw the layout and some of the shots. I could get away with the outlane comments, but not with seemingly every single shot.

It's not every single shot... over 800 lines in this game alone. I have no idea if Ben wants to install a "family mode" or not. This has come up between us a few times. Our game (Pinball Zombies From Beyond the Grave)... well, you've already seen the art. There will not be nudity or cursing in our game... but innuendo? Yep. Tons.

I've got kids in 6th and 9th grade. I totally understand the concerns. We either be ourselves and do what we believe in, or get lost in the shuffle of all these games coming out real fast. We play it safe... we'll be done before we start.

Really guys, sorry to see you go, but I do understand. Peace & Pinball!

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

For you guys, surely there will be a family mode in the menu? Problem solved.

Don't get me wrong... really hope there is that option for these guys in Ben's game! It could still work as a family theme. That's really up to Ben to decide.

Our Zombie game, I committed to the direction before I started. We take it to family mode, and it would be nothing like it was intended... which is a straight up throwback to pinball aimed at dudes.

#62 6 years ago

I've got kids in 6th and 9th grade. I totally understand the concerns. We either be ourselves and do what we believe in, or get lost in the shuffle of all these games coming out real fast. We play it safe... we'll be done before we start.

Charlie, you guys stick to your guns. I totally understand the concerns for some but we don't censor art!

Our Zombie game, I committed to the direction before I started. We take it to family mode, and it would be nothing like it was intended... which is a straight up throwback to pinball aimed at dudes.

Gorgar blesses you Charlie

gorgar.jpg
#63 6 years ago

Thanks Arn. Side note... a buddy came in and spotted your daughter's art on our wall yesterday and FREAKED! He thought our artist (a friend of his also) had done that. When I showed him the pics of the real artist holding her work, he couldn't believe it.

#64 6 years ago

I feel like wanting to make that promo video was the only reason you guys made the pin at all! great promo and cool looking machine. hope to find one to play someplace.

#65 6 years ago

Looks great!
About the ball-quotes: I think they're only funny of used very little. If there's one every 10 lines, it gets boring and loses its fun I think. So I hope there's either a 'family - low - a lot' setting, or at least that those quotes are way less in the gameplay than they are in the video. I can imagine the fun you have recording them, but if used too much, I think it'll become a childish: it actually reminds me a lot of some 14 year old boys that I teach.

Apart from that: thanks for the video, I really love the looks of the game and the rules look very nice too (but would have to play it before really judging it, like with every new game).
Hope to see and play one 'for real' somewhere in 2014!

#66 6 years ago

Family mode would keep me on the list... Having my elementary age girls running around with those quotes would be funny - for a second.

#67 6 years ago

Watched the whole video today....

Table looks really fun to shoot with a lot of interactive elements and what appears to be many modes. Great job on the mechanical elements and the programming!

I'm not totally sold on the playfield art. It lacks a certain polish that is seen in other commercial products, but it's not a deal breaker.

The call-outs featured in the video fail for me because to me they think they're more clever than they actually are. Innuendo is an art and when it's done correctly, you get Scared Stiff. When it gets done incorrectly, you get a 6th grader going right for the balls. With the smarts and talent you have available to you, I bet you could do much better. Innuendo can be classy.

Didn't get a chance to play it at Expo, but I am looking forward to checking it out down the road when it is released. Best of luck!

#68 6 years ago

Different strokes for different folks.

#69 6 years ago

There's a reason other pinball companies hire professional voice actors....

#70 6 years ago

I'm on the pre-order list too and must admit all the "balls" locker room humor is a bit much. Don't get me wrong, I love a good nuts joke as much as the next guy, but wow this is really in-your-face stuff. However, I'm hoping and expecting it won't be quite so much during actual gameplay. I mean, the vid gives us a bunch of balls jokes back to back while I suspect (hope!) the game won't do that. I'll decide if its for me once we see some extended gameplay vids.

Either way this is a monumental achievement and Ben, Charlie and team should be very proud. Nice work.

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from Gusphan:

There's a reason other pinball companies hire professional voice actors....

Don't like the voice talent? You can use your own voice in our games. Don't like the ball jokes? Take them out and have your kids say something funny and clever to replace them. It's simple, it's easy, it's fun, and I don't know of another game on the planet that will allow you to do this.

Sorry folks. We know we can't please everyone... we're doing our absolute best to make a great game with a small group of very talented people who have taken a lot of risks and volunteered a whole lot of time to make this happen. We are very proud that we built this from our own pockets... and gave you the chance to see it before you buy.

#72 6 years ago

Don't like the voice talent? You can use your own voice in our games. Don't like the ball jokes? Take them out and have your kids say something funny and clever to replace them. It's simple, it's easy, it's fun, and I don't know of another game on the planet that will allow you to do this.

Great point and something I hadn't thought of! It's so different from anything else out there (from an open standpoint) that an obvious avenue to address - and add a personal touch - escaped me. Thanks for the reminder. Good stuff.

#73 6 years ago

Manos... yep, the uh... hands, of fate. Manos actually means "hands"... so technically it's, "HANDS, Hands of Fate".
Torgo... approved pinball. That's what we're going for.

but you didn't dissolve to the same scene like Manos

#74 6 years ago

Sorry folks. We know we can't please everyone... we're doing our absolute best to make a great game with a small group of very talented people who have taken a lot of risks and volunteered a whole lot of time to make this happen. We are very proud that we built this from our own pockets... and gave you the chance to see it before you buy.

Come on guys, give it a chance. If you don't like it don't buy it. Wait for the gameplay video or the chance to play it yourself before you start bashing. I'm not on the list for this game (waiting for PZFBTG) but I'm super excited to watch the process unfold and may end up purchasing one if I like the end product.

#75 6 years ago

That sounds cool. Would love to see a demonstration of this.

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Great point and something I hadn't thought of! It's so different from anything else out there (from an open standpoint) that an obvious avenue to address - and add a personal touch - escaped me. Thanks for the reminder. Good stuff.

I kinda forget that's an option myself. But yep, there is a readily available and free audio program out there that will let you generate and tweak your own wave files the same way we do with our editing software... you need the correct specs (simple) but rename the files to what we did on the card, and POOF! She's all yours to personalize any way you want for audio. I know I'm putting some Rob Zombie music in my game.

#77 6 years ago

Just watched the video.

Great stuff!!!

Really loving it and it is polishing up nicely!!!!

#78 6 years ago

For me, the transparency and open source nature of the project is really the selling point. The audio is almost a non-issue. Someone's going to make a crazy package of modified call outs and famous/professional voice talent. This is bound to happen. The price is what it is, but I was hoping for somewhere in the 5.5k range. 6.25k, and this will be a stretch purchase for me. But with this game, you're only limited by the physical characteristics. Shot layout, toys, art, and theme. Audio and rules can be modified. People buy up mods to enhance and personalize their games. And to me, this offers a lot more potential.

I'm sure I'm jumping the gun, but I'd like to see any GUI tools for editing rules and file syntax for sounds. I'm sure this is well done, because I trust Ben's work, but I don't want to Hunt down 40 WAV call outs just to replace one ghost.

#79 6 years ago

Coming along great guys! Love the video

#80 6 years ago

Is it using the P-ROC platform?

#81 6 years ago

Manos... yep, the uh... hands, of fate. Manos actually means "hands"... so technically it's, "HANDS, Hands of Fate".
Torgo... approved pinball. That's what we're going for.

Torgo approves of this post.

As does The Master.

rd.

#82 6 years ago

Just talking for myself: I think you're doing a great job, and commenting on the 'ball quotes' is feedback of how I see things, nothing more, nothing less. I don't want to be negative, just think that the more responses of what people do or don't like, may help you which way to go.
I do however understand that one can never please everyone. With the P-ROC project a friend of mine and I are in, we're using some feedback and ignoring others. That's up to us, and we'll never please everyone. That said, I like positive feedback more than negative ofcourse (who doesn't). Hope you guys didn't read my feedback as too negative.

PS: I think the voices themself are fine, I think some kind of quotes MIGHT get old fast if used to much and are more funny/powerfull of used only little. The possibility to change them to your own likings though, is great!

#83 6 years ago

Really?

.......................sweet. Time to re-record everything as Gollum.

#84 6 years ago

Its nice to see the video and look forward to the game play one too. I'm sure you know by now, that having an open forum like you are doing, brings good and bad. It awesome you are doing it and must be tough to listen to some when they can't see the game and play it, but just get a video which I'm sure is great but doesn't do the game justice. You and Ben have adopted a pinball friendship with your customers. Bravo.

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Is it using the P-ROC platform?

Nope... P-Roc is a fine product, but we went our own path. Single cpu / driver. If you were to have an issue, we'll send you a new one and get your game back up and running quickly. When I mentioned the audio changes you can make yourself, that's with ZERO programming skills. Just file replacement.

America's Most Haunted... now in 2 flavors, at NO EXTRA CHARGE. Not an LE, just a free choice you can make when you order.

Just printed and assembled myself... One of the joys of being self contained pinball mfg.

100_9920.JPG
#86 6 years ago

I love the new cabinet art! It's simple and bold and I think it matches the play field art better than before.

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from Jokercyclone:

I'm sure you know by now, that having an open forum like you are doing, brings good and bad. It awesome you are doing it and must be tough to listen to some when they can't see the game and play it

Yep... I really hate drama, and I'm to happy a dude to get wrapped up in it. Pinball is an art project from start to finish in every way. People like different looks, sounds, humor, music... I played in bands for years. One place, they love you. Next place, you need Patrick Swayze as Dalton in Road House, just to get out the door.

We're doing our best, and doing what we love.

#88 6 years ago

Really like the humor, good luck Charlie and Ben!!!!

#89 6 years ago

great work Ben, Charlie and team, big thumbs up on the whole package and possibilities

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from sven:

I think some kind of quotes MIGHT get old fast if used to much and are more funny/powerfull of used only little.

From what I saw of the script (800+ lines of dialogue) there are multiple quotes for each shot to keep things fresh.

Game looks great guys!

#91 6 years ago

This is looking really fantastic. I think the decision to change and go with hand drawn art on the translite is a good one.

#92 6 years ago

Nope... P-Roc is a fine product, but we went our own path. Single cpu / driver. If you were to have an issue, we'll send you a new one and get your game back up and running quickly. When I mentioned the audio changes you can make yourself, that's with ZERO programming skills. Just file replacement.
America's Most Haunted... now in 2 flavors, at NO EXTRA CHARGE. Not an LE, just a free choice you can make when you order.
Just printed and assembled myself... One of the joys of being self contained pinball mfg.

100_9920.JPG 2 MB

Love the cab!

#93 6 years ago

BAM! That new cabinet art is fantastic! Great throwback to simpler days!

#94 6 years ago

Okay, what the heck is the music that starts at 2:00 in the video? Because I swear to god, it sounds like some remix of a Super Metroid song... I'm gonna track it down...

#95 6 years ago

New cabinet art is slick. Can't wait to see the new backglass.

#96 6 years ago

This game was easily the best and most pro feeling of the homebrews at Expo in my opinion. Was a blast to play, and a very different take on pinball with methods and mechanisms that are unique. The board they created is brilliant in it's simplicity and hackability.

Don't forget, boutique pinball is just that. It's not one of the big boys like JJP and STERN trying to satisfy all comers in order to sell thousands of machines. These games are special, reflect the enthusiasm and creative style of individuals rather than multimillion dollar design teams. That's the beauty of these new machines, they are very specific to various types of taste. If you don't like campy humor in AMH then you can go for blood and guts with predator, that still too heavy then BOP 2.0 may be more your speed. You have choices! that's all i've read here for years is the desire for original themes and choices.. here they are!! These games SHOULDN"T be for everyone and they shouldn't be watered down from their creator's vision and personality.

anyway, ALL of you boutique game builders please keep doing what you want to do, what you love to do, the way you want to do it. I know for sure I won't like all of them yet i'll love others but I appreciate them all as art.

#97 6 years ago

How much is it?

#98 6 years ago

Very excited to see this getting close. I'm on the pre order list for Pinball Zombies, and wish Charlie and the gang nothing but success with AMH.

#99 6 years ago

yes! I want this game! it looks to be an awesome game. keep up the good work team spooky.

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from gamestencils:

This game was easily the best and most pro feeling of the homebrews at Expo in my opinion. Was a blast to play, and a very different take on pinball with methods and mechanisms that are unique. The board they created is brilliant in it's simplicity and hackability.

Don't forget, boutique pinball is just that. It's not one of the big boys like JJP and STERN trying to satisfy all comers in order to sell thousands of machines. These games are special, reflect the enthusiasm and creative style of individuals rather than multimillion dollar design teams. That's the beauty of these new machines, they are very specific to various types of taste. If you don't like campy humor in AMH then you can go for blood and guts with Predator, that still too heavy then BOP 2.0 may be more your speed. You have choices! that's all i've read here for years is the desire for original themes and choices.. here they are!! These games SHOULDN"T be for everyone and they shouldn't be watered down from their creator's vision and personality.

anyway, ALL of you boutique game builders please keep doing what you want to do, what you love to do, the way you want to do it. I know for sure I won't like all of them yet i'll love others but I appreciate them all as art.

Uh... how do I say thank you a million times over? He gets it.

We're super proud of our build quality. Sure we wish we had piles of money to toss at this... but again, we did this with our own time and resources, so we put the money where it really mattered... the game and its components.

I still don't know where the line between boutique and full blown mfg is... but I hope we cross it someday soon and don't even notice we did.

Back to work... wanna finish in time to watch some football with the kids!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
5,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Normal, IL
$ 5,800.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Toppers
COINTAKER.COM
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 233.10
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside