(Topic ID: 69472)

America's Most Haunted (ghost squad) Promo Video!

By SpookyCharlie

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pinmods
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

100_9920.JPG
gorgar.jpg
new_cab_art.jpg
AMH-Backglass-Colorscheme-KH-01.jpg
maxresdefault[1].jpg

There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 6 years ago

It takes a whole hell of a lot of work to make a video look this cheesy.

Hope you like it!

#2 6 years ago

Did that Beeyautch just call me impotent?

#3 6 years ago

That's a lot of testicle references, there....

#4 6 years ago

That's alotta cheese!

#5 6 years ago

Great job to Charlie and Ben. I'm excited for you guys!!

#6 6 years ago

"She died as she lived...going down".

lol

#7 6 years ago

The ultimate in cheesy promo video's bar none. That's a great thing!

#8 6 years ago

Does it say a lot about me that I really enjoyed the humor of the promo vid? RFM has not left my possession because it freakin makes me laugh!

#9 6 years ago

Oh God, I had to cut it off about 4 minutes in.

Right after a pic of Ben came onscreen

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Did that Beeyautch just call me impotent?

I did the voice of the confederate captain... so technically, she uh... called me that.

Thanks guys! Glad you are enjoying it. The video may be cheesy, but the game... definitely not! Well, except where it's supposed to be.

And yes... you will get your choice of cabinet & backglass art. Original, or extra crispy. No wait, that's the colonel... extra animated. Yeah... that's what I meant.

It's all Ben man... we make it, but he made it great.

#11 6 years ago

Spooky Charlie, lookin' good!
Wally

#12 6 years ago

Love it. It maybe lacks some of the commercial sheen and polish, but it more than makes up for it with genuine heart and enthusiasm.

#13 6 years ago

I made it to 2.5mins and couldnt handle it anymore...

**Edit watched the rest
Ok it got better once the girl started her part haha

#14 6 years ago

Cheesiness FTW!!!

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Love it. It maybe lacks some of the commercial sheen and polish, but it more than makes up for it with genuine heart and enthusiasm.

THANK YOU!!! We'll put the sheen and polish in the game instead.

#16 6 years ago

Wow! I'm impressed! Exactly the type of humor that pinball needs!

#17 6 years ago

Love the comedy man, great work! The hellavator is sweet.

#18 6 years ago

Waiting for price...

#19 6 years ago

Nicely done.

#20 6 years ago

Looking really cool. Good work guys.

rd.

#21 6 years ago

thanks for putting together, enjoyed it.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Waiting for price...

$6250

#23 6 years ago

Looking cool. Cheesy 1 liners are a success.

#24 6 years ago

Fantastic. Thanks for putting the video together!

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

"She died as she lived...going down".
lol

Sweet quote...

#26 6 years ago

Nice job Charlie.

Sorta reminds me of some of those Williams 90's promo videos, but you get away with some stuff they'd never be able to.

#27 6 years ago

Love all the humor and sexual innuendos, original design & concept. The machine looks like it will be a hoot to play, can't wait to see the final product. Congrats and well done.

#28 6 years ago

I'd like to see some video of someone playing a game of it, thanks.

#29 6 years ago

Very polished machine. I love the girl posing in front of the pinball, seems to be a dig at gameroom collectibles
maxresdefault[1].jpg

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'd like to see some video of someone playing a game of it, thanks.

We'll do a straight up video of us playing the game over the weekend frolic. Those are a whole lot easier to shoot than this one was. Uh, except for the part where we don't have anyone around here named Kerins, Sharpe, Augenstein, Acciari, Johnson, Sheets... Henderson. All we've got are names like, Heck, Bug, KT, Shirt... Squirrel.

Gotta get to work. Check back in later guys. And sincerely... thanks for the kind words.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Very polished machine. I love the girl posing in front of the pinball, seems to be a dig at gameroom collectibles

Certainly not a dig at anyone... Pretty girls and pinball... Waaay better than seeing me in front of the game!

#32 6 years ago

Gotta say it looks pretty amusing. I couldn't listen to the audio right now, but dig the moving ghost and the unique ramp designs....reminds me of the planked tracks in Mario Cart for the ghost house races. Also, pop up scoop in the middle of a ramp....WHAAAAAT? YES PLEASE!

#33 6 years ago

Wow, that video was way better than manos hands if fate.
Really, it was cool. I really want the game now. Keep up the great work team spooky.

#34 6 years ago

Rad!
Like totally...

Good job Charlie!

#35 6 years ago

Manos... yep, the uh... hands, of fate. Manos actually means "hands"... so technically it's, "HANDS, Hands of Fate".

Torgo... approved pinball. That's what we're going for.

#36 6 years ago

I like the lit cutout in the apron. Looking forward to some gameplay video.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Uh, except for the part where we don't have anyone around here named Kerins, Sharpe, Augenstein, Acciari, Johnson, Sheets... Henderson. All we've got are names like, Heck, Bug, KT, Shirt... Squirrel.

Much photo editing to do it seems

#38 6 years ago

I like the elevator and the ramps that look like wooden catwalks.

#39 6 years ago

You can see more videos on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/benheckdotcom Chuck will be shooting a hi-def one with the real game this weekend (mine is just the rotisserie prototype)

I'm talking with an artist to re-do the backglass. Since we're changing it, we're also re-introducing color to make it match the game better (color sample attached) It will all be drawn, but the people will still look fairly realistic since the theme is real people hunting the more cartoon-ish ghosts. The characters will be stereotyped a bit more: the hero will have a squarer jaw, the psychic will be older and more crazy-cat lady like, etc. The basic layout won't change but the clouds and mist will be more stylized, more mist around the logo, etc. There is also a graphic on the back board depicting the 6 Ghost Bosses. They are arranged in the direction of the shots that advance them.

Soap Box Moment Incoming:

Have you heard anyone complain about how this game PLAYS? Or that it's not deep enough? Please don't get hung up on simple things like art that can be changed.

If you truly want original themes, support the manufacturers making them. Support games with toys that actually interact with and affect the ball. Support games with humor. Support the game Steve Richie and Roger Sharpe both called "the best of the boutique games I've played" Support AMERICA'S MOST HAUNTED.

AMH-Backglass-Colorscheme-KH-01.jpg new_cab_art.jpg
#40 6 years ago

I'm really finding this to be more than a little intriguing. I think the price is going to play a big role in how many of these sell.

#41 6 years ago

Good stuff

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Have you heard anyone complain about how this game PLAYS? Or that it's not deep enough? Please don't get hung up on simple things like art that can be changed.

Well, to be fair Ben, a lot of people are interested, and I think it goes without saying that it would NEED to play well.

Stuff like the art, that is part of the new realities of building pinball for a Collectors market. "Pride of ownership" is a big part of pin collecting, so the art package has to be there. It is more important than ever.

One of the reasons I've asked for the player's video though is so I can get a better idea of how it plays. From someone actually playing it, not throwing the ball demoing the modes (which look great).

Thanks for your work and posting though, don't get too frustrated, just the way it goes .

PS: I like the color scheme on the translite better already. So, the green was affecting things, but I understood you were going for infra-red.

#43 6 years ago

Man, ~40 posts in and nobody has asked the most important question... where will the LE plaque be mounted?

#44 6 years ago

Looking good.

I would prefer the female ghosts get more prominence, more voice calls as seems the guys way outweigh the girls..........and Elvira/SS did great just female

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

From someone actually playing it, not throwing the ball demoing the modes (which look great)

I tried to the hit the shots on command... I couldn't even manage to get that right throwing the ball! Lol. I'll post nice 1080 video of gameplay this weekend. I cracked a billion on this thing last week... should have had the camera running that day because I'll probably never do that again!

Quoted from benheck:

Or that it's not deep enough?

Your mother didn't say that last night Trebek.

#46 6 years ago

Oh, and has there ever been anything shown of the game's menus/audits/diagnosis, etc? I'm assuming it's all made to an Operator's spec? even though it's going into basements, we still all want a "Real" pinball .

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

If you truly want original themes, support the manufacturers making them.

This hasn't exactly been the easiest thing in the world to do when they're generally asking for thousands, or in two notable cases TEN THOUSAND, dollars without showing a bloody thing other than a developer's name, a title, or a general theme...

I was totally stoked for Circe's Animal House or whatever Heighway was calling it...just based on theme alone..... oh wait, now it's a car theme...WHOOOOOO CARES! I've already been hunting a game that has a supercharger in it, and FOUND IT. It won't cost me god knows how much + another god knows how much in shipping from europe, and I won't have to wait on it.

Was totally stoked to hear Jpop back in the game... one game extremely limited production (of course the theme I'm a lot more interested in) and at a price that I'll never afford.. /facepalm....the other theme, I could care less, and no real details at all STILL have yet to emerge quite a while after preorders were filled and there's a waiting list... kudos to you and John, but that's not good enough for me and those like me that don't make a lot of money. We got choices to make. /doublefacepalm

And while I'm being COMPLETELY honest, I wasn't at all excited about this theme either. I just don't have a big woody for this type of theme that most of the people on pinside seem to have in regards to horror themes. I don't get it. People said the backglass was ugly, etc... but yeah, looking at the video has my interest, and I'm gonna look at it again when I get home and dig around for more info. The mechanics look good to me, some interesting new ideas, and the dots looked appropriate. If the price is 6250, it's not -way- out in left field, which is nice...

#48 6 years ago

Honest opinion.

Really like playfield art and cabinet.

I just don't like the back glass at all. And this is what you see in a line -up so it is important to me.

I would have had the investigators at back of playfield. Ghosts on translite with one sexy girl screaming/mock screaming.........

Maybe an Elvira like image in the middle with 3 ghosts either side of her.

Easy to sit at the back with ideas though!

#49 6 years ago

I like everything but the call outs. I just dont feel them. Its not the words, or length. But the quality of the audio.

But that might be totaly different when you are standing in front of the pin, playing it.

But in this video, to me, it sounds like a stereo behind the machine is doing the call outs. Does not feel integrated with the rest of the sounds.

Not sure how to say and if it does make any sense. Lol.

The rest looks great. Nice lads, nice project. Cant wait for the endproduct. Now.... Lets hope they do something special on the price thing....

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If Charlie Emery had sheen and polish....well....he wouldn't be Charlie Emery.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Normal, IL
$ 5,800.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Lafayette, IN
5,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Toppers
COINTAKER.COM
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 50.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 209.99
There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside