(Topic ID: 238772)

Americans bringing USA-made pins back into the USA from Canada

By Pinballer67

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I want to sell a few older machines that were made in the USA and I'm located near Toronto. Can an American expect to pay taxes at the border bringing it back into his/her country? (we pay taxes to import these into Canada).

What paperwork would a US citizen require to avoid paying duties/taxes?

thanks

#2 5 years ago

it's been quite a while since I've brought a machine over the border and I'm sure that the regulations have changed (however, I thought that since the item was a product of the united states, no duty is due for re-importing it

in my case, the machine was merely [passing through] canada via the niagara falls area from new hampshire and then back into the states into michigan. I neglected to have the seller provide me with any paperwork but was lucky enough to get a nice older lady at the ambassador bridge for customs and didn't have to pay a dime

#3 5 years ago

I’ve driven up to cananda a few times and bought pins.

I’ve never been charged anything tax wise upon coming back into the States. This was all at Niagara Falls crossing.

#4 5 years ago

Pinballer67 They shouldn't be charged anything as they were made in the US. What are the pins that you are selling?

#5 5 years ago

thanks for all responses!

I'm attending PinFest. I wonder what US Border would say if I brought pins down for Americans that had been paid for already. Maybe a PP receipt money paid to me personally and a letter from the purchaser would avoid tax going over the border?

(all prices USD) I'm selling EB Deluxe LE $2000 -- perfect PF. Haunted House with all-in-one Pascal board installed, plays flawlessly for Sys 80 $2400. Good Condition. Flash Gordon player's condition $1500. Getaway player's condition $2500. Bad Girls player's condition $900.

If anybody is interested in any of these, send me a PM. I have good pics for some. Will post listings on pinside within 48 hours. Thanks.

The Solar Fire is player's condition/somewhat rough PF but needs some work on the harness (somebody in the past ripped the head off and severed wires and whomever fixed it didn't do the best job, some careful wire reconnection required. Tedious but not a huge problem. $1,900. Everything plays 100% except the Solar Fire, which shoots well but needs work on the harness to make is 100%, it gets shorts every now and then because of the wiring.

#6 5 years ago

Pinballer67 Pinsider freddy is looking for a Solar Fire, and he will be at Pinfest

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

pinballer67 Pinsider freddy is looking for a Solar Fire, and he will be at Pinfest

PM sent, thanks!

#8 5 years ago

Very interested in that Getaway Pinballer67 sent you a PM!

#9 5 years ago

Customs can spot the Canadian models because the serial numbers all end in A.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/americans-bringing-usa-made-pins-back-into-the-usa-from-canada?hl=sixtyfourbits and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.