(Topic ID: 169503)

American Pinball HOUDINI might be at Pinball Expo

By mikepin

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vid1900 (resized).jpg
    adb2c789fda6de37e0755e53544cebe6cb5ca4ff (resized).png
    An+England+fan (resized).jpg
    thewrestler2008mickeyrourke3 (resized).jpg
    vid04.1304376955947 (resized).png
    vid03.a2ce92aea52eb1541c8604794bb3acf1e95319bb_hq (resized).jpg
    vid02.final_fight_boss1 (resized).jpg
    vid01.Bebop-Rocksteady-Krang (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Angus+Scrimm+5 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0292 (resized).PNG
    IMG_0293 (resized).PNG
    Oswald (resized).jpg
    Jean-Claude-Van-Damme-Ice-Bar (resized).png
    ibtl00183f (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 228 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 7 years ago
    Quoted from cichlid:

He lost his mind a long time ago.
    That guy is freaking dangerous, I'm not joking.

A pinhead at work said I was exaggerating when I said that Vid was a dangerous individual. It's the truth. When I told him why I know that he is, my co-worker said I should post the facts here, so he can be permanently banned.

Background: I've had Vid clear coat and repair a couple of playfields and fix a few boards for me in the past.

100% truth: I got 3 large crates of old Bally circuit boards from a former operator. Some of the boards had acid damage, but most were in OK shape. I cherry picked a few of nicest ones (a lifetime supply) and emailed Vid about the rest. He said he'd buy them for $500 (probably ripping me off). I said OK. Vid does not want me to ship them, he says he's picking them up, supposedly when he's in town.

Any of you that have had dealings with Vid can back me up when I say that he is a monster. He is the size and build of a professional wrestler when you meet them at a convention. He has leather skin that is wrinkled like a turtle's neck.

Vid shows up at my door about 20 minutes late. I have the 3 crates on the floor by the door. He looks at them for 3 seconds and says OK. My wife tells him that one of my games has a problem, and that I've been working on it all day. He says he'll go fix it. As we turn to head down my basement stairs, I see two more giant men, almost as big as Vid but younger, come from around the side of my house (the side with the bushes), and up to my porch. I'm flabbergasted that they must have been pissing on my house, and Vid calmly says "These are my friends Popok and Beelow. I just picked them up from the airport". His "friends" don't seem to speak English, and step into my house uninvited.

Against my better judgment, we all go into the basement. Vid finds the problem, tells me to heat up a soldering iron, I just want them out, so I say I'll do it myself now that I know the problem.

My son runs inside the basement through our walkout door, and Vid grabs him by his head and throws him up against the wall. The other two monsters start to rush at my son too. My wife and I scream, and Vid calmly says "You know him?" I scream he's my son. Vid just says "OK, I did not know."

I cringe as Vid ruffles my son's hair and tells him to hit him in the face as hard as he can. My son does not want to hit anybody (we don't hit in our house), and is crying.

My wife says she want's them all to leave right now, and points up the stairs where they came from. Vid just stares at us so insanely, I know he is thinking about just killing us.

Suddenly he just opens our walkout door and the three of them leave through the backyard.

My family has a moment of disbelief (and relief) and then I figure I better go upstairs and make sure he is not setting our house on fire. I go to the front door and find that he has taken the 3 crates of circuit boards! That means he came back into our house!

I looked outside and his van was gone.

Latter that day when my wife got the mail, there was a tattered envelope with a bunch of scribbles and odd lettering all over it. My wife said to call the police, but I opened it outside on the porch, and found $500, I assume for the boards.

My wife also says that when Vid bent down to look at the circuit boards, that she saw he was wearing a velcro bullet proof vest under his shirt. Who does that to buy some old boards?

Best idea ever is to keep him banned from Pinside and Expo.

He is insane.

#202 7 years ago

Lol my opinion of Vid just went up.

#203 7 years ago
    Quoted from cichlid:

He is insane.

Maybe he's breathed too much Varathane fumes over the years! Just kidding, he posts a lot of useful information so I'd hate to see him banned but I've certainly never had any personal interaction with him.

#204 7 years ago

Vid's legend grows and grows...

I hope someday I get to meet him and his posse.

#205 7 years ago
    Quoted from cichlid:

A pinhead at work said I was exaggerating when I said that Vid was a dangerous individual. It's the truth. When I told him why I know that he is, my co-worker said I should post the facts here, so he can be permanently banned.
    Background: I've had Vid clear coat and repair a couple of playfields and fix a few boards for me in the past.
    100% truth: I got 3 large crates of old Bally circuit boards from a former operator. Some of the boards had acid damage, but most were in OK shape. I cherry picked a few of nicest ones (a lifetime supply) and emailed Vid about the rest. He said he'd buy them for $500 (probably ripping me off). I said OK. Vid does not want me to ship them, he says he's picking them up, supposedly when he's in town.
    Any of you that have had dealings with Vid can back me up when I say that he is a monster. He is the size and build of a professional wrestler when you meet them at a convention. He has leather skin that is wrinkled like a turtle's neck.
    Vid shows up at my door about 20 minutes late. I have the 3 crates on the floor by the door. He looks at them for 3 seconds and says OK. My wife tells him that one of my games has a problem, and that I've been working on it all day. He says he'll go fix it. As we turn to head down my basement stairs, I see two more giant men, almost as big as Vid but younger, come from around the side of my house (the side with the bushes), and up to my porch. I'm flabbergasted that they must have been pissing on my house, and Vid calmly says "These are my friends Popok and Beelow. I just picked them up from the airport". His "friends" don't seem to speak English, and step into my house uninvited.
    Against my better judgment, we all go into the basement. Vid finds the problem, tells me to heat up a soldering iron, I just want them out, so I say I'll do it myself now that I know the problem.
    My son runs inside the basement through our walkout door, and Vid grabs him by his head and throws him up against the wall. The other two monsters start to rush at my son too. My wife and I scream, and Vid calmly says "You know him?" I scream he's my son. Vid just says "OK, I did not know."
    I cringe as Vid ruffles my son's hair and tells him to hit him in the face as hard as he can. My son does not want to hit anybody (we don't hit in our house), and is crying.
    My wife says she want's them all to leave right now, and points up the stairs where they came from. Vid just stares at us so insanely, I know he is thinking about just killing us.
    Suddenly he just opens our walkout door and the three of them leave through the backyard.
    My family has a moment of disbelief (and relief) and then I figure I better go upstairs and make sure he is not setting our house on fire. I go to the front door and find that he has taken the 3 crates of circuit boards! That means he came back into our house!
    Latter that day when my wife got the mail, there was a tattered envelope with a bunch of scribbles and odd lettering all over it. My wife said to call the police, but I opened it outside on the porch, and found $500, I assume for the boards.
    My wife also says that when Vid bent down to look at the circuit boards, that she saw he was wearing a velcro bullet proof vest under his shirt. Who does that to buy some old boards?
    He is insane.

2 sides to every story, but definitely on the creepy side.

#206 7 years ago

Does anybody else picture Vid as actually being Angus Scrimm?

Angus+Scrimm+5 (resized).jpgAngus+Scrimm+5 (resized).jpg

#207 7 years ago
    Quoted from cichlid:

He is insane.

I think the only thing missing would be if one of the asked to use the bathroom and did a toilet clogging power dump.

#208 7 years ago
    Quoted from cichlid:

He is insane.

Vid sounds fine... but your wife was going to "call the police" because there was an strange envelope in your box? Jeez... he paid you in full. Be happy and don't make fun of someone's skin BTW. What's that got to do with anything?

And YOUR WIFE tells him about your problems and expects him to fix it for free? "My hubby can't get the job done"... this sounds very emasculating to me. No wonder you were upset. No offense but your story makes it sound like you were nervously clutching your man purse while your wife invites these big intimidating guys in. Is this really the way you want it to read?

This story HAS to be made up. Funny stuff though. Let's ban a guy because he's too big and honest and my wife asked him in AFTER she claims she saw a "velcro vest". Story makes no sense at all

#209 7 years ago
    Quoted from cichlid:

My family has a moment of disbelief (and relief) and then I figure I better go upstairs and make sure he is not setting our house on fire.

#210 7 years ago

Vid is 5' 2" and looks like this:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#211 7 years ago

Fookin' legend of Pin Alley. Biggest badass ever. I'll be sure to tune in for more SJW tales meant to sabotage the reputations of noble men. Perhaps they'll backfire in a manner as entertaining as this did.

#212 7 years ago

Chuck Norris cringes when vid picks up his soldering iron.

#213 7 years ago

Now I'm curious. What does Vid really look like ? Costanza?

#214 7 years ago

I decree that vid must show his true identity as penance for his wrong doings!

#215 7 years ago

Vid sounds freakin' awesome. I also wish I had friends named Popok and Beelow...the man sounds legendary.

#216 7 years ago

Here are some possibilities

vid01.Bebop-Rocksteady-Krang (resized).pngvid01.Bebop-Rocksteady-Krang (resized).png

vid02.final_fight_boss1 (resized).jpgvid02.final_fight_boss1 (resized).jpg

vid03.a2ce92aea52eb1541c8604794bb3acf1e95319bb_hq (resized).jpgvid03.a2ce92aea52eb1541c8604794bb3acf1e95319bb_hq (resized).jpg

vid04.1304376955947 (resized).pngvid04.1304376955947 (resized).png

#217 7 years ago

This is what I saw reading that encounter.

thewrestler2008mickeyrourke3 (resized).jpgthewrestler2008mickeyrourke3 (resized).jpg

#219 7 years ago

Love to know if American Pinball plans to do anything for us Zombie Adventureland burned customers.

#220 7 years ago

Vid sounds like a larger than life Irish Soccer Hooligan!

An+England+fan (resized).jpgAn+England+fan (resized).jpg

#221 7 years ago

Does anyone remember this?

adb2c789fda6de37e0755e53544cebe6cb5ca4ff (resized).pngadb2c789fda6de37e0755e53544cebe6cb5ca4ff (resized).png

#222 7 years ago

I'm considering cancelling Netflix.
    the series of events here lately leading to expo has more twists and turns for free!

#223 7 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

I'm considering cancelling Netflix.
    the series of events here lately leading to expo has more twists and turns for free!

I just started watching House of Cards. Great show!

#224 7 years ago

I too met Vid once. I was riding my motorcycle and saw him hitchhiking. I obviously didn't have room on my bike for him, but I stopped anyway and we played a fun little game with his quarter. I probably guessed heads/tails correctly about 20 times in a row - it was awesome! Vid was getting a bit agitated/impatient towards the end of the game though. I think he wanted me to guess incorrectly so that I could start flipping the quarter and he could start playing the guessing part.

Finally, a middle-aged man in a sedan stopped, so I rode on alone. I assume they became fast friendos as they drove around together. I snapped a quick pic as I drove away:

vid1900 (resized).jpgvid1900 (resized).jpg

#225 7 years ago

I nominate this for mudflap's "Best threads of Pinside" thread.

#226 7 years ago

this is without a doubt the weirdest thread ever on Pinside

#227 7 years ago

Never thought a vid thread would go chuck norris, but if we're building legends we can count two Cohen Brother's references, now.

#228 7 years ago

Closing @ request of OP & due to rampant OT posting.

There are 228 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinballhoudini-will-be-at-pinball-expo/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.