(Topic ID: 169503)

American Pinball HOUDINI might be at Pinball Expo

By mikepin

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vid1900 (resized).jpg
    adb2c789fda6de37e0755e53544cebe6cb5ca4ff (resized).png
    An+England+fan (resized).jpg
    thewrestler2008mickeyrourke3 (resized).jpg
    vid04.1304376955947 (resized).png
    vid03.a2ce92aea52eb1541c8604794bb3acf1e95319bb_hq (resized).jpg
    vid02.final_fight_boss1 (resized).jpg
    vid01.Bebop-Rocksteady-Krang (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Angus+Scrimm+5 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0292 (resized).PNG
    IMG_0293 (resized).PNG
    Oswald (resized).jpg
    Jean-Claude-Van-Damme-Ice-Bar (resized).png
    ibtl00183f (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 228 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 7 years ago

I was never in on any of jpop's machines but I don't know how anybody could support this new Houdini because of its attachment jpop's.a You don't have to know much about it to know that a lot of people got hurt. There should be ZERO support for this Houdini at the expo or any expo for that matter.
    I'm amazed this was ever a consideration at any expo let alone the Chicago Expo. Many people were fleeced out of their hard earned money. This jpop has dug his own grave. Which is sad really because he designed some stellar games in the past. But it doesn't matter now. I'm on the side of the Pinsiders that got hosed.

#102 7 years ago

Based on the replies in this thread, it seems like a public hanging of Jpop would bring a lot of entertainment to the expo, and further the sales and interest in the show. I suggest that.

#103 7 years ago
    Quoted from kpg:

Based on the replies in this thread, it seems like a public hanging of Jpop would bring a lot of entertainment to the expo, and further the sales and interest in the show. I suggest that.

Will this be an extra charge item or will it be included in the admission package (without banquet purchase required)?

#104 7 years ago

Maybe victims can get some of their money back though the sale of truckstop postcards?

These would sell in the Northern states too I bet.

[image removed]

#105 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Maybe victims can get some of their money back though the sale of truckstop postcards?

You're out of line. Remove that fucking picture

#106 7 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

You're out of line. Remove that fucking picture

If Jpop shows up, I guarantee there will be a hanging by an angry mob.

It's a picture from the near future.

#107 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Or they just took mg and changed a few things around, slapped new art on and are calling it Houdini..? Could they get away with that?

I wonder who the artist is who agreed to do it ?

#108 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

It's a picture from the near future.

Showing a lynched African American should be an automatic ban. I don't give a f*ck who you are.

#109 7 years ago

I hope no one is physically harmed as a result of any of this. There's enough mob mentality in the world today as it is, don't need it in pinball.

#110 7 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Showing a lynched African American should be an automatic ban. I don't give a f*ck who you are.

If I'm Black (African American is a slur), I can buy any postcard I want.

#111 7 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Omg. Vid1900, that is tasteless, [edited]

#112 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

If I'm Black (African American is a slur), I can buy any postcard I want.

I don't care what color you are. That pic is offensive and disturbing. In the very near future I hope your only form of communication here will be via postcards. You've done a lot of good for the community but that is so far over the line I expect an immediate significant ban.

#113 7 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

It's an extension of your posts leading this lynch mob thread. Pot, kettle, black.

#114 7 years ago

Vid, I love 90% of your posts and you have been very helpful to the community, myself included. But that deserves an automatic ban.

#115 7 years ago
    Quoted from dzoomer:

It's an extension of your posts leading this lynch mob thread. Pot, kettle, black.

[edited]

#116 7 years ago

Quoted for posterity.

#117 7 years ago
    Quoted from dzoomer:

Quoted for posterity.

Don't worry I'm not editing. I'll take the thread bounce. I have said several times not to be threatening. To compare me trying to motivate the pinball community to warn people about JPOP to what vid posted is ludicrous. I do not think anyone should physically attack JPOP or American Pinball. There are other ways to go about it and have better results.

I post because I care about the community. If you are okay with watching your pin buddies get raked and taken so be it.

Oh and just in case you missed it the first time.

[edited]

#118 7 years ago

IBL

#119 7 years ago

Poop-a-duece brings out the best in everybody it seems.

#120 7 years ago

I didn't lose any money to JPOP, so not my call, but if I did, I would want him to be invited to expo. He got away without a public shaming, and I think expo would be the perfect venue to humiliate him and get a little closure. You should all welcome him with open arms, and then give it to him and the new investor when he shows up! Video tape it and put it on youtube for all to see.

#121 7 years ago

WHOOOOAAAAAHHHH GUYS....
    Lets pump the breaks for a second....

e31 (resized).jpge31 (resized).jpg

#122 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Or probably take some pictures from behind

#123 7 years ago

Time for A lock

The point has been made, the OP has heard the message

Nothing more to be done

#124 7 years ago

Vid might finally be going senile.

#125 7 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Time for A lock
    The point has been made, the OP has heard the message
    Nothing more to be done

Then ignore the thread.

I disagree, there will be updates as we get closer to Expo.

#126 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Vid might finally be going senile.

Going??

He lost his mind a long time ago.

That guy is freaking dangerous, I'm not joking.

#127 7 years ago

Vid1900 posts a tasteless pic of black people getting lynched, gets a 2 day eject. People who call him out on this and rightly so imo, get a 1-2 day thread eject. Great job pinside....

#128 7 years ago
    Quoted from Winball_Pizard:

Vid1900 posts a tasteless pic of black people getting lynched, gets a 2 day eject. People who call him out on this and rightly so imo, get a 1-2 day thread eject. Great job pinside....

Personal attacks and vulgar remarks are still against the rules. Those don't change even if someone else posts something you disagree with. Report it, and try not to get sucked in and help to fan the flames. Disagreeing with something is fine--just try to avoid personal attacks and vulgar remarks.

Let's try to be a bit more civil and not derail the thread any more than it already is.

#129 7 years ago

Yep, this is what Jpop does to people

I was temporarily insane during that time post expo too

#130 7 years ago
    Quoted from Winball_Pizard:

But, as further evidence of his insanity, he took the time to put Jpop's head on the dead people.

#131 7 years ago

Super excited for expo!

#132 7 years ago

Okay let me preface this post by explaining that the following is just my personal opinion and in no way reflects the views of Pinside or any of the other staff members.

IMO there should be an all out boycott by the community on any new Pinball Machine that has Jpops name attached to it. What he did to defraud many in the pinball community is inexcusable. Anyone who does buy a new pin with Jpops name attached to it (regardless of what company it is) are filling the pockets of a man that has defrauded many pinheads of their money. This man has no business making anymore money in this industry after what he did. Inviting a man that has done what he has done to an Expo event/presentation is of poor taste.

#133 7 years ago

Who deleted a huge chunk of the beginning of this thread?

#134 7 years ago
    Quoted from kklank:

Most likely a mod. The thread ejects were justified. A few people were out of line. This is coming from someone who has run afoul of the mods on more than one occasion. If anything vid got off lightly.

#135 7 years ago
    Quoted from kklank:

Jpop!

#137 7 years ago
    Quoted from kklank:

Quoted from dung:

Most likely a mod. The thread ejects were justified. A few people were out of line. This is coming from someone who has run afoul of the mods on more than one occasion. If anything vid got off lightly.

If you're talking about the first post in the thread, it looks like Mike edited the original expo feature summary after the feedback he received.

The other edits that dung referring to were fairly minor and only removed a few vulgar phrases.

#138 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

[image removed]

I just lost all respect for you. You probably don't care.
    Are you a racist?

#139 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Personal attacks and vulgar remarks are still against the rules. Those don't change even if someone else posts something you disagree with. Report it, and try not to get sucked in and help to fan the flames. Disagreeing with something is fine--just try to avoid personal attacks and vulgar remarks.
    Let's try to be a bit more civil and not derail the thread any more than it already is.

Then ban him at once. this is only going to get worse each hour.

#140 7 years ago
    Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Then ban him at once. this is only going to get worse each hour.

Wait a minute......his post was of poor taste with JPop super imposed, cut-n-pasted, whatever, on a lynching. To call him a racist and a ban from pinside, that is ridiculous.

Jeez, take a deep breath and get over it.

#141 7 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Wait a minute......his post was of poor taste with JPop super imposed, cut-n-pasted, whatever, on a lynching. To call him a racist and a ban from pinside, that is ridiculous.
    Jeez, take a deep breath and get over it.

Do you have to use such an extreme image though? Could you not get the point across with a stick figure? You need to use a photo of two black teens that are ACTUALLY DEAD surrounded by 60 white guys looking all too pleased?! And then he says even the north would sell this indicating that yes, he realizes it's a racist post.

#142 7 years ago

Photos of lynchings have no place here, photoshopped or not. You can make funny without being incredibly insensitive.

#143 7 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Are you offended because the picture was of a black man being hanged or because it was a picture of a person being hanged? Why would you need to point out it was an African American? Isn't just a picture a someone being hanged enough?

#144 7 years ago
    Quoted from TxJay:

Are you offended because the picture was of a black man being hanged or because it was a picture of a person being hanged? Why would you need to point out it was an African American? Isn't just a picture a someone being hanged enough?

Any actual photo of a person murdered is bad enough for a ban, one that was a hate crime is even worse. How does a photo like that help better that pinball community?

#145 7 years ago
    Quoted from TxJay:

Are you offended because the picture was of a black man being hanged or because it was a picture of a person being hanged? Why would you need to point out it was an African American?

Because the people being hanged were killed solely because of their race?

Pinside, where even lynchings have defenders

#146 7 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Pinside, where even lynchings have defenders

SEND MONEY NOW!!!!

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#147 7 years ago

whoa the PBC found a line they couldn't cross, holy shit!

#148 7 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

Do you have to use such an extreme image though? Could you not get the point across with a stick figure? You need to use a photo of two black teens that are ACTUALLY DEAD surrounded by 60 white guys looking all too pleased?! And then he says even the north would sell this indicating that yes, he realizes it's a racist post.

You had better learn what racist actually means before you toss that around.

It was very poor judgement . Does NOT make him racist. I am defending the person , not his post. Post was tasteless attempt at dark humor, it backfired.

#149 7 years ago

These last few posts remind me of the South Park episode "Chef Goes Nanners":

http://southpark.wikia.com/wiki/South_Park_Flag

#150 7 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

You had better learn what racist actually means before you toss that around.
    It was very poor judgement . Does NOT make him racist. I am defending the person , not his post. Post was tasteless attempt at dark humor, it backfired.

I actually never called him a racist, I said his racist post. But I sure as hell was thinking it.

There are 228 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinballhoudini-will-be-at-pinball-expo/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.