(Topic ID: 169503)

American Pinball HOUDINI might be at Pinball Expo

By mikepin

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vid1900 (resized).jpg
    adb2c789fda6de37e0755e53544cebe6cb5ca4ff (resized).png
    An+England+fan (resized).jpg
    thewrestler2008mickeyrourke3 (resized).jpg
    vid04.1304376955947 (resized).png
    vid03.a2ce92aea52eb1541c8604794bb3acf1e95319bb_hq (resized).jpg
    vid02.final_fight_boss1 (resized).jpg
    vid01.Bebop-Rocksteady-Krang (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Angus+Scrimm+5 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0292 (resized).PNG
    IMG_0293 (resized).PNG
    Oswald (resized).jpg
    Jean-Claude-Van-Damme-Ice-Bar (resized).png
    ibtl00183f (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 228 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 7 years ago

Aren't we all being a little hasty here?

What if the game is REALLY cool?!

#52 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Aren't we all being a little hasty here?
    What if the game is REALLY cool?!

Who cares.

Jpop + "New guy with no mfg experience"

They'll ask for money with no plans for building/shipping.

This project is dead already, if it's indeed even real.

#53 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Who cares.
    Jpop + "New guy with no mfg experience"
    They'll ask for money with no plans for building/shipping.
    This project is dead already, if it's indeed even real.

Agreed.... hell a company that's been in business forever is haveing its own issues but we the customer get to eat the price increase for their mess ups.....

#54 7 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Aw come on, let Jpop come. What an entertaining expo this could be.

can someone please take pictures of the lynching, for those who can't come

#55 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Shame on you, Mike Pacek - supporting a conman theif who stole a million from the very people who attend your show. I'm glad I'm not coming this year...anyone who gives Jpop a platform doesn't deserve a dime from this community - [removed].

The removed part was brought to you by the letters F and Y......

#56 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Im not saying he created the Pinball company.
    Im saying the game being released now, is his doing.
    Maybe they are making this title, and he received this info selling his "podcast".
    I could be wrong, but the first announcement is Kaneda. What else is there except Mike immediately making an announcement.
    Ill wait on the anger until more info.....no worries...please go back to the lynching.

Since the podcast is free and has no ads, how exactly does this help Kaneda?
    Maybe I am in the minority here but I really think Kaneda is just a pinball fan that expressed his opinion to often here.

#57 7 years ago

Houdini could be the coolest game ever made and I wouldn't know, because I will never touch one if JPop was involved.

Anyone who supports him is definitely on my shitlist.

I'm glad Mike is rethinking their involvement in expo.

#58 7 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Well after further thoughts I am contacting my contact at AMERICAN pinball to hear their plans to make right on past BEFORE they come to expo

Thank you!

#59 7 years ago

Remember in May 2015, Jpop alluded to something like this...

I have granted this new company (“Licensee”) an exclusive license for MG, RAZA and AIW. They will then be able to take MG from its current state to the point of production, along with potential orders for RAZA and AIW.

So is American Pinball the licensee Jpop spoke of? I think renaming the machine would be logical given the toxic drama around MG.

What Jpop did was horrible, whether it was fraud or incompetence. Unfortunately I can't imagine a scenario where MG/RAZA/AIW buyers could be reimbursed, since the new investor would obviously not do so and I doubt Jpop could make things right solely with his share of earnings, were he even willing. Very sad for all involved.

#60 7 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Remember in May 2015, Jpop alluded to something like this...

So is American Pinball the licensee Jpop spoke of? I think renaming the machine would be logical given the toxic drama around MG.

No that was Pintasia. This is another pyramid, I mean company, this is another "company."

#61 7 years ago
    Quoted from wtuttle:

What does "JPop" stand for?

Jackass Punk Oughta Pay

Just Pilfered Our Pin-money

#62 7 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

No that was Pintasia. This is another pyramid, I mean company, this is another "company."

Guessing an LLC...

#63 7 years ago

I can picture it now. JPOP strolling around expo with the group of pinside tough guys nervously shuffling their feet while staring at the ground not saying a word.

Most will claim their lawyers told them to leave him alone due to their pending case. Others will say they were looking for him and he got wind of the angry mob and just slinked out the back before they could get him.

#64 7 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

I can picture it now. JPOP strolling around expo with the group of pinside tough guys nervously shuffling their feet while staring at the ground not saying a word.

If I were going to Expo I'd totally take a picture of his back.

#65 7 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Right on the money

#66 7 years ago

I know Mike pretty well. He's heavily involved with pinball, but not so much the "pinside" side of it. His knowledge of JPOP was basically "trying to do some kind of project but not getting very far." Yes there are a gazillion posts about it here.... but they're all in JPOP threads, and if you never read the threads or talk to a victim or a friend of a victim... Anyway, looks like Mike knows the true story now so put the pitchforks n torches away

Not being able to exhibit anything at Expo might light a fire under american pinball's arse to do something about JPOP's customers. They now know they can't bury the past..

#67 7 years ago

Great idea.
    Why not bring in the Predator "creator" to work the door - do meet and greets as well?
    I'm happy to say I do not remember his name, but I'm sure some of these folks do.

This will all be good reading after it all goes down, at the very least!

#68 7 years ago

C'mon. Did anyone really give this guy 5K after seeing some game mock ups? That is so sad if it's true. People are so desperate -- no other hobby like it.

8704449_orig (resized).jpeg8704449_orig (resized).jpeg

#69 7 years ago
    Quoted from ejg10532626:

Great idea.
    Why not bring in the Predator "creator" to work the door - do meet and greets as well?
    I'm happy to say I do not remember his name, but I'm sure some of these folks do.

If he were there, lots of pictures of him would be taken.....

#70 7 years ago
    Quoted from ejg10532626:

Great idea.

Now I'm picturing a large group of people in the parking lot milling about, nervously looking at their watches, and not going in until they change shifts at the door.

#71 7 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

C'mon. Did anyone really give this guy 5K after seeing some game mock ups? That is so sad if it's true. People are so desperate -- no other hobby like it.

Nobody wants to miss out on the next Tron/BIB LE and when it's ultra limited then nobody wants to miss out on the next BBB. Even Stern is taking notice and making a SLE. Sadly when you have a hobby with deep pockets and the mentality that every NIB will hold it's value or appreciate then it's easy to throw money at things without any risk of consequences.

#72 7 years ago

I never followed any of this with JPOP because I would never spend 10 k on a game.

But how is this guy not in jail if he stole over a million bucks?

#73 7 years ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

He has a good Lawyer and is gaming the system.

#74 7 years ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

Intent, probably. From all outward appearances, he intended to produce a product, but simply was unable to bring it to market.

There are currently several ongoing civil lawsuits against him right now to try to reclaim funds.

#75 7 years ago

If he has over a million dollars you would think he could afford a haircut and some nicer clothes.

#76 7 years ago

Epxo seminar #4 1:00 PM:
    HOW TO PULL IN 1 MILLION DOLLARS FROM UNSUSPECTING PINBALL FANS- by Jpop and Kevin Kulek

#77 7 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

I know Mike pretty well. He's heavily involved with pinball, but not so much the "pinside" side of it. His knowledge of JPOP was basically "trying to do some kind of project but not getting very far." Yes there are a gazillion posts about it here.... but they're all in JPOP threads, and if you never read the threads or talk to a victim or a friend of a victim... Anyway, looks like Mike knows the true story now so put the pitchforks n torches away

100% agreed. I know many people in the hobby who don't read Pinside or see this stuff anywhere, so as far as they know this is just "a new game by the guy who made TOM and TOTAN". Mike's a great guy and there's no reason to boycott him or his show over this, he simply wants to get the newest and coolest things at expo, and he thought this fit that bill. Now that he's been made aware of the past situation, he'll look this over more carefully.

#78 7 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Epxo seminar #4 1:00 PM:
    HOW TO PULL IN 1 MILLION DOLLARS FROM UNSUSPECTING PINBALL FANS- by Jpop and Kevin Kulek

Botanic Garden Ballroom, correct? Which day?

#79 7 years ago

He's a Yankee fan.

I KNEW IT!!!!

966238 (resized).jpg966238 (resized).jpg

#80 7 years ago

This is probably general knowledge, but I was surprised to see American Pinball is actually presenting on October 14, 09.00 am.
    http://www.pinballexpo.net/seminar.pdf

Do pinball seminars allow time for questions, like scientific symposia do? If so, that question session might see quite some audience participation, I guess.

#81 7 years ago
    Quoted from cogito:

This is probably general knowledge, but I was surprised to see American Pinball is actually presenting on October 14th, 09.00 am.
    Do pinball seminars allow time for questions, like scientific symposia do? If so, that question session might see quite some audience participation, I guess.

PLEASE, PLEASE someone record this fiasco and post it immediately!!! Better yet, a LIVE feed!

#82 7 years ago
    Quoted from cogito:

This is probably general knowledge, but I was surprised to see American Pinball is actually presenting on October 14th, 09.00 am.

If this actually happens, please someone show up with a loud speaker and play Lebowski clips on a loop "Where's the money!?!?!?" "Where's the fucking money, shithead!!!!!"

#83 7 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

PLEASE, PLEASE someone record this fiasco and post it immediately!!! Better yet, a LIVE feed!

If I make it there again this year I'll have the live setup with me (with a better mic this time!)

#84 7 years ago
    Quoted from nate1981s:

Since the podcast is free and has no ads, how exactly does this help Kaneda?
    Maybe I am in the minority here but I really think Kaneda is just a pinball fan that expressed his opinion to often here.

Because he's a narcissist. He also has too much in common with the likes of a mosquito.

#85 7 years ago

Just a funding raising idea for Expo... they could squeeze it in after the 9AM presentation

Screen Shot 2016-09-23 at 11.32.27 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-09-23 at 11.32.27 AM (resized).png

#86 7 years ago

Why scare them off....I'll be there, and would LOVE to see what happens....or, sadly, what doesn't happen. If, during their "seminar", they could get in 2 words, or suck in another victim, I would be very surprised. I hope they show up.

#87 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

If this actually happens, please someone show up with a loud speaker and play Lebowski clips on a loop "Where's the money!?!?!?" "Where's the fucking money, shithead!!!!!"

It must be down here somewhere, let me take another look.

#88 7 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Just a funding raising idea for Expo... they could squeeze it in after the 9AM presentation

Good idea. I see he is in front of the cage not inside. He might want to wear a catchers mask because I think there may be a few "stray" pitches.

#89 7 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

I think many would prefer this fundraising idea

Jpop (resized).pngJpop (resized).png

#90 7 years ago

Damn, I gotta start dieting right now if I'm going to try and squeeze into this shirt for that 9AM Friday American Pinball seminar.

Cheap shirt shrank a ton. Why am I not surprised?

IMAG0894 (resized).jpgIMAG0894 (resized).jpg

#91 7 years ago

"Don't kick the baby!"

#92 7 years ago

Careful all, at this rate Pinside will be to blame for this project not succeeding...at least according to JPOP!

#93 7 years ago

I highly doubt they bring JPop with them to Expo, even if he is in LV. Can't be that stupid.

#94 7 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

I like how the cage is not in front of JPop. That way an errant throw could still hit the target.

#95 7 years ago

No knowledge of the game from Stern phone call.
    GB issues solved, though, for me.

#96 7 years ago

I like how the tank is empty.

#97 7 years ago

Hold the boat, jpop took 4 to 5 years to produce 1 60% prototype and only after extreme pressure and a lot of assistance to get it to the nw show. How the hell could he have a Houdini ready to show in less than year?? Unless they are bringing only preliminary drawings of the amazing cabinet it's going to have or something??

Totally f'd if American pinball is using the patents jpop got with aiw raza and mg $$$ to make houdini. Anyone buying would be directly screwing over all the investors that got nothing

#98 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Hold the boat, jpop took 4 to 5 years to produce 1 60% prototype and only after extreme pressure and a lot of assistance to get it to the nw show. How the hell could he have a Houdini ready to show in less than year??

Proper management and product development? Meaning Jpop not in charge.

#99 7 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Proper management and product development? Meaning Jpop not in charge.

Or they just took mg and changed a few things around, slapped new art on and are calling it Houdini..? Could they get away with that?

#100 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Or they just took mg and changed a few things around, slapped new art on and are calling it Houdini..? Could they get away with that?

Legally, yes.

There are 228 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinballhoudini-will-be-at-pinball-expo/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.