(Topic ID: 169503)

American Pinball HOUDINI might be at Pinball Expo

By mikepin

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vid1900 (resized).jpg
    adb2c789fda6de37e0755e53544cebe6cb5ca4ff (resized).png
    An+England+fan (resized).jpg
    thewrestler2008mickeyrourke3 (resized).jpg
    vid04.1304376955947 (resized).png
    vid03.a2ce92aea52eb1541c8604794bb3acf1e95319bb_hq (resized).jpg
    vid02.final_fight_boss1 (resized).jpg
    vid01.Bebop-Rocksteady-Krang (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Angus+Scrimm+5 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0292 (resized).PNG
    IMG_0293 (resized).PNG
    Oswald (resized).jpg
    Jean-Claude-Van-Damme-Ice-Bar (resized).png
    ibtl00183f (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 228 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 7 years ago

Edit: Well after further thoughts I am contacting my contact at AMERICAN pinball to hear thier plans to make right on past BEFORE they come to expo

#2 7 years ago

If anybody shows up with a pin company that is working with jpop, I'll be pretty disappointed in humanity if they aren't met with a disgruntled mob looking for their MG/RAZA money.

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

I am pleased to announce the new American pinball HOUDINI will be shown at PINBALL EXPO this year along with Jersey jacks new game,Sterns latest BATMAN 66 and Heighway Alien and a few more surprises This years PINBAll is a MUST GO

Pleased to announce? How can you even type that without puking??

#4 7 years ago

As someone who lost nearly $10,000, I'm disappointed Mike you'd even let him in the door or a product he's involved in. : (

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Disappointed Mike you'd even let him in the door or a product he's involved in. : (

Fucking, thank you.

#6 7 years ago

Woah, really? Could be the most interesting Expo, ever?

#7 7 years ago

I'm just looking forward to the Hilter movie clip on this topic!

#8 7 years ago

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#9 7 years ago

WEll please contact them direct .I believe they may address past issues

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

I'm speculating, but I imagine such an "address" would be no more than "Your contract was with Zidware for Magic Girl. We're a 'completely different' company with a 'completely different' title."

I suppose the drama surrounding this alone might sell you a few more tickets from the mob thats going to be looking for JPOP.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Oh so they're bringing $1M in cash to the show? Cool. Cool.

#12 7 years ago

I believe we all agree seeing more new fresh product is good .

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Yeah seeing product is great. Delivering product that is paid for is even better. Not letting people in the door who STOLE money from the people who will be supporting YOUR show is the best.

This is insane.

#14 7 years ago

I'm very tempted to stay home with my machines

#15 7 years ago

Shame on you, Mike Pacek - supporting a conman theif who stole a million from the very people who attend your show. I'm glad I'm not coming this year...anyone who gives Jpop a platform doesn't deserve a dime from this community - [removed].

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bonnevil69:

I'm very tempted to stay home with my machines

Man, don't rob the people of the chance to check out your rad Doom!

Rarehero (Who gas me on ignore I think), psssst - it's I before E.

#17 7 years ago

Well I guess I didn t realize the magnitude of the issues with JPOP . I have not followed that real close . I was only trying to make the expo expierience better for everyone Didnt mean to offend anyone sorry

#18 7 years ago

JPOP stole money from pinsiders. He is a disgrace. He should not be allowed at expo. I hope as a group we can all come together and not give a dime of money to this project until every dollar has been returned to the pinsiders who lost money with JPOP. Plenty of other options for us to spend our hard earned money on.

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Are you really that dense or is it a money thing for your pocket?

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Well I guess I didn t realize the magnitude of the issues with JPOP . I have not followed that real close . I was only trying to make the expo expierience better for everyone Didnt mean to offend anyone sorry

Any association with JPop is toxic. A small fortune was taken from customers by him with absolutely nothing to show for it in return.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

How can you be so connected to pinball but so unaware of what has happened here?

Short version: He took people's money to build and deliver 3 different titles. It was a pyramid scheme. He took/spent their money and delivered NOTHING. If he's parlayed those projects into a new one, that's another layer of fraud on the shit cake of Jpop. He owes over 200 "customers" refunds.

He's a pinball pariah and he and his projects should not be allowed at expo to rip off new people and rub salt in the wounds of those he stole from.

#22 7 years ago

Some irony in the thread title for sure. Poor form...
    Good luck.

#23 7 years ago

What does "JPop" stand for? Does he post here? Not that I want to hear his side--it is clearly unforgivable what he has done. But I am fascinated by the con-man mindset and would like to research further.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from wtuttle:

What does "JPop" stand for? Does he post here? Not that I want to hear his side--it is clearly unforgivable what he has done. But I am fascinated by the con-man mindset and would like to research further.

You're new ? Here you go:

http://www.johnpopadiuk.com

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from wtuttle:

Here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/

#26 7 years ago

I have told my contact that JPOP showing up would not be good I dont know how much hes connected I agree no money ever before product Lets see how they handle past Lets give them a chance How much is owed out there ??I hear 1 million I hear 200 games ..Again i knew there was a problem but have no idea how big it is sorry

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

I have told my contact that JPOP showing up would not be good I dont know how much hes connected I agree no money ever before product Lets see how they handle past Lets give them a chance How much is owed out there ??I hear 1 million I hear 200 games ..Again i knew there was a problem but have no idea how big it is sorry

http://www.johnpopadiuk.com

#28 7 years ago

plus ça change...

Pop2 (resized).jpgPop2 (resized).jpg

Pop1 (resized).jpgPop1 (resized).jpg

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Quite big. At least $1.2 million, maybe more.

If he shows up, there could quite literally be a riot.

Bill Brandes (wcbrandes) would likely be able to give you very specific information. He made a last ditch effort to try to bring the games to market, but ultimately, not even a single prototype for any of the games was anywhere close to completion.

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Mike,
    Giving JPOP a platform at Expo to steal more good people money is like spitting in the face of many good pinheads... JPOP is toxic and so is anything he is involved with!

#31 7 years ago

There is not a project more toxic in pinball than to do anything with one of the three Jpop failed games/scams. Anybody using those designs should have to assume the responsibility of paying back debts to burned buyers. Nothing should be produced from the ashes of that project until all debts are settled.

#32 7 years ago

It's very possible there could be an ugly scene develop (or several)...maybe not the best idea, especially if the man of the hour shows up. I'm not involved in any way, but I do know I would never consider buying anything Jpop touches out of respect for the victims.

#33 7 years ago

The way I see it, there are two possible scenarios:

1. This is a giant prank and Mike & Pinside are getting massively trolled.

2. We know Jpop is a con man. He's probably conned someone into getting into the pinball game with him. Now - we all know that Jpop has no means of production, and this new investor probably has no idea how to make a game, so - the only thing this could possibly be: ANOTHER PRE-ORDER SCAM. Let's say they bring a proto to Expo - then what? There's no factory, no one in the industry who'd contract build for these clowns!! They will be there to ask for money, pure and simple like the carnie scam artists they are.

#34 7 years ago

American pinball on Facebook is open and ready for your comments and reviews... please post on thier Facebook and don't hold back.

#35 7 years ago

Well after further thoughts I am contacting my contact at AMERICAN pinball to hear their plans to make right on past BEFORE they come to expo

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

1. This is a giant prank and Mike & Pinside are getting massively trolled.

I hope so!

http://www.refinery29.com/2016/09/123593/jimmy-kimmel-bill-cosby-joke-emmys-2016

#38 7 years ago

I am betting on a Kaneda Prank on the whole thing.

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I am betting on a Kaneda Prank on the whole thing.

He isn't near smart enough to to set all this up.

#40 7 years ago

Aw come on, let Jpop come. What an entertaining expo this could be.

#41 7 years ago

All we have is an announcement from Kaneda, and then Mike receives communication to bring this game to the show.
    Why would he be the first to have this exclusive knowledge?
    Multiple IDs....not to hard to spoof an email account or the owners name with americanpinball @ gmail.

Drama, pitchforks, money talk, threats, emotions, cursing, boycotting...like an ant pile that got kicked.

Doesnt this sound like the work of his doing?

Wheres the company making an announcement, or Press release?

With Mikes thread and the others, the order in which things happened, and the speed...doesnt smell right.

Just how I see it. Hes laughing away because he kicked the hornets nest.

Show some balls. and call the hoax, or let something a bit more substantial show up.

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

All we have is an announcement from Kaneda, and then Mike receives communication to bring this game to the show.
    Multiple IDs....not to hard to spoof an email account or the owners name with americanpinball @ gmail.
    Drama, pitchforks, money talk, threats, emotions, cursing, boycotting...like an ant pile that got kicked.
    With Mikes thread and the others, the order in which things happened, and the speed...doesnt smell right.
    Show some balls. and call the hoax, or let something a bit more substantial show up.

Website was registered a year ago. Who thinks of a hoax that far in advance?

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

In the other thread a guy drove to the location and talked to the owner. It sounds real. I doubt kaneda rented a factory in Chicago and paid a guy to sit around in case someone showed up.

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

Website was register a year ago. Who thinks of a hoax that far in advance?

And Dgarret visited the American Pinball building about a month ago, and spoke to someone there. He posted that in the JPOP thread at the time.

rd

#45 7 years ago

Hmm, sounds like it's time to boycott expo.

#46 7 years ago

Im not saying he created the Pinball company.

Im saying the game being released now, is his doing.

Maybe they are making this title, and he received this info selling his "podcast".

I could be wrong, but the first announcement is Kaneda. What else is there except Mike immediately making an announcement.

Ill wait on the anger until more info.....no worries...please go back to the lynching.

#47 7 years ago

I thought I saw Mike post in a thread about Expo 2 days ago that there might be a JPop game there. I don't think Kaneda was the first to post about it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reminder-biggest-pinball-expo-yet-coming-oct-12to-16#post-3358879

#48 7 years ago

so you know now where this guy will be soon...

#49 7 years ago

One person making a joke.

There are 228 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinballhoudini-will-be-at-pinball-expo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.