(Topic ID: 330985)

American Pinball Wait Times and Deliveries

By julo

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Is this normal - I ordered a Hot Wheels Deluxe 10 months ago through Cointaker with $1000 deposit.

I keep getting "maybe next month" from them, but have lost confidence.

Why do distributors sell machines that they don't have and don't even know if they will ever get them?

Very frustrating. Should be an illegal practice in my view.

#2 1 year ago

Disappointing, but just ask for your money back

#3 1 year ago

If you weren't in Cali, I would get you a floor model, maybe 100 plays. Probably only 50 plays or less.... Selah...

#4 1 year ago

Although a different market (Canada) I can attest this is the same situation up here. I put my name down for Hot Wheels last March and I am still waiting, although my distributor doesn't take deposits for machines that aren't currently in stock anymore so it's not like I am out any money for being on the list.

At the end of the day, Hot Wheels is 100% the next machine I would like to add to my lineup so if I have to wait, I have to wait. I am holding out hope that it eventually does come off the line and eventually makes it into my game room.

EDIT: I just checked around after posting this. It appears that another distributor in Canada has upgraded Hot Wheels from "Pre-Order" to "In Stock" within the last 48 hours, so it's possible we may be getting calls soon. Fingers crossed.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from KidRichard:

Although a different market (Canada) I can attest this is the same situation up here. I put my name down for Hot Wheels last March and I am still waiting, although my distributor doesn't take deposits for machines that aren't currently in stock anymore so it's not like I am out any money for being on the list.
    At the end of the day, Hot Wheels is 100% the next machine I would like to add to my lineup so if I have to wait, I have to wait. I am holding out hope that it eventually does come off the line and eventually makes it into my game room.

Have you guys called around to other distributors to see who has one in stock? I could have sworn Joe Newhart at PinballSTAR had some Hot Wheels in his warehouse. Not sure how recently that was, but it might be worth a call to him

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Have you guys called around to other distributors to see who has one in stock? I could have sworn Joe Newhart at PinballSTAR had some Hot Wheels in his warehouse. Not sure how recently that was, but it might be worth a call to him

I just edited my last comment, but I'll say it here too. Another distributor has very recently (last couple days) changed their note about Hot Wheels from "Pre-order" to "In Stock" so I'm getting pretty jazzed.

#7 1 year ago

Hot wheels is a lot of fun and super bargain these days! Best bang for the buck.
    Enjoy

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from julo:

Is this normal - I ordered a Hot Wheels Deluxe 10 months ago through Cointaker with $1000 deposit.
    I keep getting "maybe next month" from them, but have lost confidence.
    Why do distributors sell machines that they don't have and don't even know if they will ever get them?
    Very frustrating. Should be an illegal practice in my view.

Ordered a Mando from them a few years ago. After a year of constantly having to ask for updates (in my opinion, they should be updating me, and not the other way around), I got my deposit back and got a machine from another distributor.

I get that distributors are somewhat beholden to Stern (and other manufacturers') slow production. But if you are going to hold a deposit (or a full payment), be a good business person and send out updates so you don't lose your customer. Manufacturers, and their distributors, need to do better.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from julo:

Some distributors do this annoying practice. Some don't show the game available until they have the exact allotment. Personally, I do not shop with Cointaker for the issues you are having.

#10 1 year ago

I had a reasonable experience with Cointaker for my Oktoberfest.

The good: No deposit (not sure why, though I called them to ask about timeline and logistics for delivery and they put me on the list based on that), they were able to deliver with basic setup, and I felt that I got a machine as quick as anyone, considering the delays from AP. They did offer a standard they had coming available earlier as an alternate to the deluxe I had requested.

The less than ideal: Long periods without an update/communication. I realize it was AP's delays, but Cointaker didn't take initiative to share what little info they did have from AP. Scheduling for indoor delivery had a little slow and missed communication from them. Shaker and knocker add-ons were sort of MIA For a while - didn't end up coming with the machine, but were eventually shipped to me.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-wait-times-and-deliveries and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.