(Topic ID: 236763)

American Pinball Sherlock Holmes simmering in development!

By PinMonk

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Sherlock_Holmes_McAdams_Poster_thumb_0 (resized).jpg
    image-2019-03-05-1_8A8CA330E117440B90FE67884DF09F62 (resized).jpg
    basilsherlock (resized).jpg
    1555469078240803393410 (resized).jpg
    21089733538_cf341b2ca2_b (resized).jpg
    51OJ0mKCM+L (resized).jpg
    75F81817-293D-4A51-A741-CF33E82DB8BB (resized).jpeg
    American Pinball Sherlock Holmes (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgaltr56.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

I am certainly a bigger fan of Holmes than Houdini. I have been a fan since I was a kid. I've read all of the original stories and dozens of stories written by other authors. I once wrote a Holmes story for a college course (and yes I got an A). I got my first deer stalker in High School and wore it throughout my college years (although none of the ones I own still fit my head (insert giant ego jokes here), and while Conan Doyle never said he wore a deerstalker hat, the hat described by Watson in the books, would most assuredly was a deerstalker, and it is certainly the head gear we all associate with him. I also have a meerschaum pipe.
    While Basil Rathbone, Jeremy Brett, Robert Downey Jr, and Benedict Cumberbatch might be the first that come to mind, there have been over 250 actors who have played Holmes, more than any other literary character. I've seen dozens of these and I'd have to say Rathbone and Brett are among my favorites, of course part of the large number of movies/episodes they did. Rathbone established how many picture Holmes, but many consider Brett's portrayal as being truer to the original stories (with Burke and Hardwickes' version of Watson less 'bumbling' then Nigel Bruce's). I think Cumberbatch has done a good job in bringing that same haugtiness to the role as Brett did. Regardless, we would not be basing it around any one specific actor or their take on the character.
    Obviously this is a title I have had interest in and the company grabbed it to at least humor me. If we do it, and there is certainly no guarantee we will, it has to be done right and while I do have a ton of ideas, until I have it mapped out in way a way that makes it truly special, it will remain on the back burner. It certainly would not be like most other machines, so, I already know some will love that and some will hate that. Having said all of this, most of you know I will happily take good ideas from anywhere and take credit for them -- odds are I already thought of it anyway , so, feel free to make suggestions and I'll tuck them away for future use.

Limit it to 221 and price it accordingly. It will sell out sight unseen. This is not something that would appeal to the lowest common denominator pinball loving masses.

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

That's impossible to say until the pin exists. It may be a fantastic shooting pin with a theme some don't care for. In that case even people that don't like the theme will own the pin. See: The Shadow.

True. Except I doubt Midway considered The Shadow a commercial success and certainly never saw a dime of the appreciation.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgaltr56.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-sherlock-holmes?tu=jgaltr56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.