Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jfre81
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

If anyone is curious, here is American Pinball's entry on the list that the SBA released to the public of Payment Protection Program (part of the covid bailout package) recipients that received $150k or more

I'm not making any judgments good or bad (my business was a recipient too), just pointing out the public data

LoanRange: e $150,000-350,000
    BusinessName: AMERICAN PINBALL INC.
    Address: 1448 Yorkshire Dr
    City: STREAMWOOD
    State: IL
    Zip: 60107
    NAICSCode: 339999
    BusinessType: Corporation
    RaceEthnicity: Unanswered
    Veteran: Unanswered
    NonProfit: No
    JobsRetained: 22
    DateApproved: 04/08/2020
    Lender: St. Charles Bank & Trust Company, National Association
    CD: IL - 06

#2 3 years ago

Who cares

#3 3 years ago

Good. Glad they were able to stay in business.

#4 3 years ago

Notably, they took the smallest amount of all the manufacturers.

#5 3 years ago

I am glad a real small business was able to use the funds and actually get access to the funds. I am glad American is still manufacturing pinball machines and taking care of their employees the best they can.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Notably, they took the smallest amount of all the manufacturers.

How much did Stern get?

Quoted from LukyDuck:

I am glad a real small business was able to use the funds and actually get access to the funds. I am glad American is still manufacturing pinball machines and taking care of their employees the best they can.

I agree, Good for API, if this keeps them in bussiness, all for it.
    Bigger question, why did Kanye get 2 million?

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

How much did Stern get?

There is a separate thread for both Stern and JJP.

#8 3 years ago

API is exactly the kind of business this was designed for.

None of the pinball makers are large multinational conglomerates. Even Stern is a small operation compared to what Williams was when it was making pinball here in Avondale.

I was at API HQ this weekend with sales manager Michael Grant, who likely was retained through this program. We were playing Hot Wheels and discussing the difficulties of trying to release the game into a quarantine market. Location is dead. Just hoping enough people might consider staying at home with a fun new toy like a pinball machine. That's pretty much the reality right now. API is fortunate as it is to have had two successful releases behind it.

If the PPP program is what turns out to keep silver ball games made in my city, it's worth it as far as I'm concerned.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from jfre81:

discussing the difficulties of trying to release the game into a quarantine market. Location is dead.

That is hard to do these days. No shows so people can play the game in person and spread the word. And locations that are open, likely don't have a lot of money right now for new game purchases, especially if their city/state might shut down again.

Michael has his work cut out for him. I wish him success.

LTG : )

#10 3 years ago

I think pinball manufacturers deserve help to keep valuable employees and possibly stay in business. I'll probably never buy a new machine but I'm glad there are sources for new machines to enter the market.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

That is hard to do these days. No shows so people can play the game in person and spread the word. And locations that are open, likely don't have a lot of money right now for new game purchases, especially if their city/state might shut down again.
    Michael has his work cut out for him. I wish him success.
    LTG : )

Another thing we discussed was JJP moving into the neighborhood, and how the whole industry is pretty much just a relative small number of people in a few humble industrial park buildings, all fighting to keep the ball in play like any of us playing the game at home or wherever.

It's really brutal for American because they have a game coming out right now that is, IMHO, the consummate location, walk-up-shoot-and-have-fun sort of game. It's got modern depth and 80s Bally simplicity. It's got bright, attention-grabbing colors. It's got everything that a good earning location pinball would have. Had this been a normal year, I could see this being one of the ones I have to wait on someone to play at Logan Arcade, where I can typically walk up to the Houdini or Oktoberfest whenever I want to.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-recipient-of-payment-protection-program-loan-grant?hl=jfre81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.