(Topic ID: 241015)

American Pinball Oktoberfest Club..............

By iceman44

6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Flipper-airbrush
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 17 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B6A1D4A0-51A2-48DE-A491-FFA750F8F918 (resized).jpeg
2AE95158-0DC7-48AA-AB23-795EF2B69C74 (resized).jpeg
92A9A7A8-CE13-4D12-80DE-ABDD74C240A8 (resized).jpeg
A69ED993-EE76-4D5E-85CF-CBF97EE75636 (resized).jpeg
34235ED7-1554-47F8-8CCD-B869A2659734 (resized).jpeg
20190628_134555 (resized).jpg
20190628_141844 (resized).jpg
a duraham octoberfest (resized).jpg
a gboro octoberfest (resized).jpg
accordion (resized).png
oktoberfest-hofbrauhaus (resized).jpg
D47296D6-34C3-4B43-ADAF-8B46AB8FDBA7 (resized).jpeg
A306DFB8-D669-4FD5-9B57-D48D9022367F (resized).jpeg
B7A15138-E84F-483C-9D26-5FB7A46F21F3 (resized).jpeg
9f6f942e-b4c7-452c-9951-5719a204e2a1_l (resized).jpg
123951(39) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anathematize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 4 months ago

I've probably put in ~30 games on location at one of our local breweries and I really feel that the game is just beginning to unfold for me. I still haven't settled on a strategy for what stein/tent combo to start out with - I've been going with "easier to collect TENT letters" just because the game feels like it has a bit of a dead zone when your tent modes aren't qualified. Reminds me a little of Ghostbusters if you don't have a mode ready to go. And then usually starting out with Juggling or Chugging as my tent mode and let it unfold from there.

Still haven't started a keg multiball because of that damn side ramp but I've seen the duck frenzy one and managed to have an insane Corkscrew multiball with all of jackpot steins stacked going into the multiball. Hit a few of the triple super jackpots (great callout btw) and the multiball itself ended up getting me well over 7,000,000. I had to do a double take after it ended because I couldn't believe it lol.

As far as theme goes. Its perfect for a brewery. I'm seeing TONS of people of all ages instantly attracted to the machine because it just seems to make sense in a brewery setting. The music and callouts start to get a little repetitive so it might be nice to see some additions because in my experience its a long playing game and there is only so much oom-pah-pah a person can take.

If any API folks are reading this... speaking with the owner of the brewery we started talking about how cool it would have been if there was a way they could have inserted their logo into the keg or tap handle that is on the backglass. Just a simple blank space that could be filled with a generic Oktoberfest logo or could be taken out and a custom logo could be slid in by the owner. Seems like a relatively simple option if it was though about early in the creative process and it would add a TON of customization to the game.

#50 4 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

Since it is an actual backglass, not a translite, be hard to do that and have it look right.

we were just kind of spitballing ideas. maybe something in the software to let owners put in a logo in the attract mode would give a similar option for those that want it.

he also mentioned how cool it would be if the beer steins in the game could be custom named for the beers they brew but that seem like its starting to border on having to build a WYSIWYG interface of some sort so novices could just upload photos/text and the software would do all of the scaling/placement/etc.

I'll talk to the operators and see how they have the beer barrel locks set. i believe at the end of the game currently the balls all drain out so i'm guessing the locks are releasing. maybe have them take a look at the flipper power too. we've ran into an issue where we DO make the beer barrel ramp - but with barely enough force - and the ball has dropped off the left side of the wireframe and gets stuck between the plastic lower ramp and the upper wireform (if that makes sense). usually takes a ball search to kick it out and, at worst, some lifting of the machine to get it to roll out of that little gap.

regardless. loving the game so far and excited to get some more time on it later today.

#53 4 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

The operator can in fact do this... from page 29 of the manual:
HOW TO CREATE A CUSTOM MESSAGE
1. Create a PNG image, 1366x768 with whatever you want on it.
Name the file custom_message.png and put that file on a USB stick (with no game code) see the section “Oktoberfest Code Update” for information on how to format your USB stick.
2. Insert the USB stick into the USB extension cable inside the coin door on the right side, after several seconds you will get a screen with green type that says, ‘audits copied . . .’ Power Cycle Game.
3. After you power cycle, go into Settings->Standard and set ‘Custom Message’ to ‘On’.

Awesome! I'll definitely let them know that this is available.

I should note the brewery owner and the operator (who would likely have the manual) are two different guys so this wasn't a RTFM issue

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,399.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 269.00
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anathematize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside