(Topic ID: 241015)

American Pinball Oktoberfest Club..............

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 114 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210917_003118 (resized).jpg
20210620_160449 (resized).jpg
20200605_172851 (resized).jpg
WP_20200514_15_48_21_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20200514_19_33_10_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20200514_19_32_50_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20200514_19_48_09_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20200512_19_58_16_Pro (resized).jpg
oktoberfest (resized).jpg
B6A1D4A0-51A2-48DE-A491-FFA750F8F918 (resized).jpeg
2AE95158-0DC7-48AA-AB23-795EF2B69C74 (resized).jpeg
92A9A7A8-CE13-4D12-80DE-ABDD74C240A8 (resized).jpeg
A69ED993-EE76-4D5E-85CF-CBF97EE75636 (resized).jpeg
34235ED7-1554-47F8-8CCD-B869A2659734 (resized).jpeg
20190628_134555 (resized).jpg
20190628_141844 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ferret.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 4 years ago

My understanding is that was something along the lines of a wiggly cable that took the trough optos offline.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from TODD969:

I accidently found a sweep shot on the Oktoberfest bank

I have successfully done a 7-in-a-row sweep of the OKTOBER bank. It's hella satisfying when they all just light up. If you manage that during Ring Toss when that bank is lit, it's worth several hundred thousand (at least; depending on ducks and steins, of course).

Quoted from TODD969:

Speaking of, stack the easier to get ducks stein and hope for mystery duck derby

There's no hope involved, BTW. Duck Derby will always be awarded every multiple of X ducks collected (X = 50 by default/Medium settings).

Quoted from TODD969:

namely the call outs become repetitive and boring

Our upcoming code release has LOTS of new callouts. New tunes, too.

Quoted from TODD969:

Trivial request, Is there any chance you can code the flippers to die after draining?

Josh and I will discuss. Certainly would be easy to do. On the other hand, if they happen to double-flip during bonus, of course it just jumps to the next ball anyway...

Thanks for the feedback, TODD969 and anathematize ... love hearing everyone's thoughts, good and bad, as you explore the game!

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

maybe something in the software to let owners put in a logo in the attract mode would give a similar option for those that want it.

The operator can in fact do this... from page 29 of the manual:

HOW TO CREATE A CUSTOM MESSAGE
1. Create a PNG image, 1366x768 with whatever you want on it.
Name the file custom_message.png and put that file on a USB stick (with no game code) see the section “Oktoberfest Code Update” for information on how to format your USB stick.
2. Insert the USB stick into the USB extension cable inside the coin door on the right side, after several seconds you will get a screen with green type that says, ‘audits copied . . .’ Power Cycle Game.
3. After you power cycle, go into Settings->Standard and set ‘Custom Message’ to ‘On’.

10 months later
#76 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

ok, 19 games since we get the pin (while 8 not from me), and just reached WM..

WM... Wizard Mode? Which one? There are several.

Congrats on the game, glad you're liking it so far!

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

already a bug report (last code of course) : my son was playing the video mode, did reach enough points for an extra ball, and get the EB screen animation "in front" of the tapper...

Oh, BTW, I think this is already fixed for the next code release... and if not, it will be.

#80 3 years ago

Flipper Meister scoring is completely based on the scores you accumulated in the other tents, so if you just time out all the tents to get to FM, then FM scoring will be terrible.

And of course, if you have FM qualified or nearly so, consider grabbing one (or more!) Pin Wiz Pale Ale steins, which boost scoring in FM just like any other tent.

#83 3 years ago

The "Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin" thread has by far the most discussion of the game, although it's not "officially" designated as a club thread...

4 weeks later
#91 3 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

Does this game have any mini wizard modes?

Several: Duck Derby, Calorie Coma, Flipper Meister, Stein Slinging.

It does not (currently) have a mega-wizard mode for completing all the other wizard modes.

1 year later
#100 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Im getting ready to pull the trigger on a used OF. The seller mentioned that he thought there was an issue with the beer barrel that it does not release the balls unless its loaded with 3 balls. This sound correct to me as its a lock right? Or are they sometimes supposed to come right out? Thanks!

With default settings, the Beer Barrel holds balls across players and even across games. It's a fun feature, especially in multiplayer games, where stealing other players' locked balls in the Barrel can be a good strategic choice. It's a fun multiball when you get it, too!

Enjoy your new game!

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Thanks, I know your the expert but this seems to contradict what GSone was saying in that they pass through unless the lock is lit?

Sorry for the confusion. You do have to qualify the Beer Barrel lock first by lighting P-R-O-S-T to be able to lock a ball, otherwise shooting a ball up there will just pass on through. My comment was more about it not releasing the balls.

Quoted from sulli10:

1) is there a lag in the play between game action and the response on the screen/sounds?

No, should not be.

Quoted from sulli10:

2) can the flippers make all the ramp shots from a captured ball on the flippers?

The left ramp (Corkscrew ramp) should be easily makable from a trapped ball on the RIGHT flipper. From a trapped ball on the LEFT flipper (i.e. a backhand shot) -- I wouldn't try it, though I've seen it done.

The right ramp (quick-turn ramp) should be makable from a trapped ball on either the left or right flippers.

The upper ramp (Beer Barrel ramp) is an upper-flipper side shot ramp, so that one is always an on-the-fly shot.

1 year later
#114 1 year ago

The thread "Oktoberfest owners 1.0" seems to get the bulk of owner discussion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ferret.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-oktoberfest-club?tu=Ferret and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.