(Topic ID: 241015)

American Pinball Oktoberfest Club..............

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 114 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210917_003118 (resized).jpg
20210620_160449 (resized).jpg
20200605_172851 (resized).jpg
WP_20200514_15_48_21_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20200514_19_33_10_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20200514_19_32_50_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20200514_19_48_09_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20200512_19_58_16_Pro (resized).jpg
oktoberfest (resized).jpg
B6A1D4A0-51A2-48DE-A491-FFA750F8F918 (resized).jpeg
2AE95158-0DC7-48AA-AB23-795EF2B69C74 (resized).jpeg
92A9A7A8-CE13-4D12-80DE-ABDD74C240A8 (resized).jpeg
A69ED993-EE76-4D5E-85CF-CBF97EE75636 (resized).jpeg
34235ED7-1554-47F8-8CCD-B869A2659734 (resized).jpeg
20190628_134555 (resized).jpg
20190628_141844 (resized).jpg
There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 5 years ago

I'm hoping to finally get one delivered next week so time to kick this off and let the good times roll!!!!

#2 5 years ago

Roll out the barrel & let the good times roll ! I am excited to try this game out

#3 5 years ago

Still waiting to play one, I think the layout looks original and great

#4 5 years ago

Man I know a lot of people don't like the "theme", I really do, but the layout and uniqueness of it is what i love.

It's an evergreen title so the launch date simply doesn't matter! Ramp it back up again in October, year after year.

I'm excited about AP to see what's coming down the road.

I think its gonna be a sleeper hit. I'll be back when i pop this baby open

#5 5 years ago

played it at tpf .....i am picking it up at pinfest.... at pinstars booth.....very excited........

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm excited about AP to see what's coming down the road.

I really like playing Houdini and while Oktober fest does nothing for me theme wise look forward to playing it. I'm with ya on excitment as to what they offer in the future. Love to see a Sci fi or Space theme from them.

1 week later
#7 4 years ago

Seems some people are digging the theme!

123951(38) (resized).jpg123951(38) (resized).jpg
#8 4 years ago

Played Oktoberfest today and it was mit Bad. But These ramps are f**king hard to Hit.

The left ramp was OK, when you hit the ball 100% accurate. But These sideramp No Chance for me to Bring the ball Up... It was way to steep.

Hope to get a chance to Play the game If its a Bit longer at the market to See how the ramp shots working

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

... I think its gonna be a sleeper hit. I'll be back when i pop this baby open

Looking forward to it man! 5 weeks yet until I'll get a chance to play one.

#10 4 years ago
123951(39) (resized).jpg123951(39) (resized).jpg
#11 4 years ago

I played Oktoberfest yesterday at Game Exchange in Denver. Played several games alone with no interruption. The theme and artwork are not for me but this is one kick ass game. Great layout with fun and satisfying shots and challenging things to do. I walked up to it with an open mind and was totally wowed.
New owners are going to love this game.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Great layout with fun and satisfying shots and challenging things to do.

I have to agree, it has a unique, entertaining layout. I was a little confused on what to do-there is a ton going on. It reminds me of JJP POTC with all of the stuff going on(need to read a book on how to play). I think it will be a great deep game for the home environment-it is on my radar. Not sure how well it will do on location?(deep game with unique theme). I want to wait to play Wonka and see which one I like better. If this was a $5500 game-I probably would have loaded it up in the truck that day. I did not care for the distorted cloudy Oktoberfest crowd that kept popping up on animations. The other thing that was interesting was the side rails can pop up with just barely pulling up on them. I also noticed side rails really loose on Houdini as well, I think American needs to address this and use what Stern and CGC use to attach their siderails(industrial double sided sticky tape).

Overall I was impressed and it is something different. I am looking forward to learning rules and objectives and will wait and see what I think of Wonka before I make a decision.

#13 4 years ago

I'm excited to play the game at Helicon today for the first time. I have heard a lot of positive reviews on it from the customers there. Full report from me in my Dr. Strange cosplay!

#14 4 years ago

The one handed play mode threw me off. I had no idea what was going on. I thought the left flipper died on me.

#15 4 years ago

Got a chance to play this today, not for me but its a nice layout and was fun for what it is. These guys need to do something licensed to gain a larger audience, I think its necessary for at least the next pin, if they pick a good theme and nail it it would do wonders for the company. Now if this pin was based on the Schmenge Brothers well that would have held my interest longer and become a possible purchase.

9f6f942e-b4c7-452c-9951-5719a204e2a1_l (resized).jpg9f6f942e-b4c7-452c-9951-5719a204e2a1_l (resized).jpg
#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Got a chance to play this today, not for me but its a nice layout and was fun for what it is. These guys need to do something licensed to gain a larger audience, I think its necessary for at least the next pin, if they pick a good theme and nail it it would do wonders for the company. Now if this pin was based on the Schmenge Brothers well that would have held my interest longer and become a possible purchase. [quoted image]

Upvote for the Shmenge Bros. I miss John Candy! Perhaps an Uncle Buck game in the future?

#17 4 years ago

Taking preorders for Oktoberfest. PM if interested.

#18 4 years ago

Come play Houdini and Oktoberfest at Allentown Pinfest this weekend in the PinballSTAR booth !

Can’t make the show and interested in purchasing ? Email Joe at [email protected].

B7A15138-E84F-483C-9D26-5FB7A46F21F3 (resized).jpegB7A15138-E84F-483C-9D26-5FB7A46F21F3 (resized).jpegA306DFB8-D669-4FD5-9B57-D48D9022367F (resized).jpegA306DFB8-D669-4FD5-9B57-D48D9022367F (resized).jpeg
#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Got a chance to play this today, not for me but its a nice layout and was fun for what it is. These guys need to do something licensed to gain a larger audience, I think its necessary for at least the next pin, if they pick a good theme and nail it it would do wonders for the company. Now if this pin was based on the Schmenge Brothers well that would have held my interest longer and become a possible purchase. [quoted image]

I would play the game while eating some of Mrs. Vilve Yachke's delicious cabbage rolls.

#20 4 years ago

Put up this score At MGC, I really enjoy this game and could totally see myself owning one at some point .

D47296D6-34C3-4B43-ADAF-8B46AB8FDBA7 (resized).jpegD47296D6-34C3-4B43-ADAF-8B46AB8FDBA7 (resized).jpeg
#21 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm hoping to finally get one delivered next week so time to kick this off and let the good times roll!!!!

What's the good word? Is it Oktoberfest time at Casa Iceman yet?!

oktoberfest-hofbrauhaus (resized).jpgoktoberfest-hofbrauhaus (resized).jpg

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

What's the good word? Is it Oktoberfest time at Casa Iceman yet?!
[quoted image]

Now that is why you gotta love Oktoberfest Tuna!

Distro told me should have it by Friday, was delayed again. Fridge is fully stocked with Beer. Pics coming soon!

1 week later
#24 4 years ago

accordion (resized).pngaccordion (resized).png
This is one of the accordion players we have working on the Oktoberfest music, as we have three more out of mode audio tracks to finish up as well as a few modes.
This gentlemen may look familiar to some of you, as he was in Home Alone as a member of John Candy's polka band. You can see him in this scene right behind John, the guy with the dark hair.

#25 4 years ago

It’s here! Setting up this aft. Pics and reviews later

#26 4 years ago

We are starting a limited beta for the next Oktoberfest code release. We will initially only include a few of those interested, so we can effectively respond to questions and issues, so not everyone who wants to participate will necessarily be given the code, but we will likely expand it after the first couple of days.

If you are interested, please send me a private message.

#27 4 years ago

Arrived this week at:
Boxcar in Durham NC

Boxcar in Greensboro NC
a duraham octoberfest (resized).jpga duraham octoberfest (resized).jpga gboro octoberfest (resized).jpga gboro octoberfest (resized).jpg

1 week later
#28 4 years ago

In case you are not watching the other thread . . .

Oktoberfest version 19.6.5 is now available for download from our website. https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates
IMPORTANT!!! The new code will automatically increase flipper strength of the right flipper when the coaster ramp is down, this requires you to lower the current power setting on the right flipper coil. This change result in less overheating and also make the duck target less deadly, since the flipper will be at lower power most of the time. It is very important to adjust the current settings after the update, so please read the release notes when installing this update.

#29 4 years ago

tried code got blank screen login?

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

tried code got blank screen login?

My first thumb drive didn't work either.

I'd download code again and get a Sandisk drive for $5 at Wal Mart

#31 4 years ago

the screen said hdmi . so i held up the hdmi cable... held my breath......... it down loaded nicely

3 weeks later
#32 4 years ago

Post your pics of new games arriving!

#33 4 years ago
20190628_134555 (resized).jpg20190628_134555 (resized).jpg20190628_141844 (resized).jpg20190628_141844 (resized).jpg
#34 4 years ago
Quoted from TODD969:

[quoted image][quoted image]

WOW- Did it ship with pin-cup?

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

WOW- Did it ship with pin-cup?

Nope, installed during set up.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from TODD969:

Nope, installed during set up.

Lol

#37 4 years ago

Got mine last week.

34235ED7-1554-47F8-8CCD-B869A2659734 (resized).jpeg34235ED7-1554-47F8-8CCD-B869A2659734 (resized).jpegA69ED993-EE76-4D5E-85CF-CBF97EE75636 (resized).jpegA69ED993-EE76-4D5E-85CF-CBF97EE75636 (resized).jpeg
#38 4 years ago

Not sure I like the blue t molding

92A9A7A8-CE13-4D12-80DE-ABDD74C240A8 (resized).jpeg92A9A7A8-CE13-4D12-80DE-ABDD74C240A8 (resized).jpeg
#39 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Not sure I like the blue t molding[quoted image]

I like it myself Tatman

Congrats and have fun on this pin!

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Not sure I like the blue t molding[quoted image]

You’re close by. I can swing over sometime to give you a second opinion Nice addition to your awesome lineup

#41 4 years ago

any body have that glitch where balls come out like crazy ....ball save kept staying on....... at pintastic ....... balcer had to reset the game

#42 4 years ago

My understanding is that was something along the lines of a wiggly cable that took the trough optos offline.

#43 4 years ago

Is it possible to dump the audit logs to a usb? I couldn’t find it in the menu.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Is it possible to dump the audit logs to a usb? I couldn’t find it in the menu.

just stick in a USB key with no game code on it, and it will automatically copy them on to it.

#45 4 years ago

I'll be at Southern Fried Gaming this coming weekend. At 4PM on Saturday, in what should be an entertaining and informative seminar, I'll be sitting down with Zach Meny ZMeny (Straight Down the Middle, Flip N Out Pinball and the This Week in Pinball Podcast), to talk about the making of Oktoberfest, rules and tips for game play, whats up at American Pinball and whatever else Zach, or those who attend, ask about. Warning, part of this seminar will NOT be family friendly.

#46 4 years ago

I'm very much enjoying the Oktoberfest!

Many thanks to @iceman44 @aniraf @arcadem for taking the time to talk to me about their experience with Oktoberfest and candidly sharing good and bads.

@Rosh for being very cool about answering my questions during setup of the game. I sincerely appreciate the help.

As for my OPINION as a recreational/hobbyist player and owner of Oktoberfest, it is really a fantastic machine. I'll admit there was skepticism when I first started researching but that has long past. This has nothing to do with looks or art, it's about the play.

I quickly found the machine to be somewhat slow compared to the AC/DC and Metallica in house. After a dozen or so plays I wondered if this was a good decision, well 15-20 more plays it was an excellent decision. It's very much a side to side player vs up and down. I accidently found a sweep shot on the Oktoberfest bank and from there I started studying the playfield for more. There are many shots, some took awhile to find and I am certain I haven't found all. I can play this game 10+ straight and during that time I am sure my wife would confirm many F bombs have been said, generally my own fault missing a shot or a bad side drain. Current high score is just over 8mil.

This is not a couple games machine, you really need to get some time on it to even begin to figure out how to stack steins, compete in tent modes and kill ducks. Speaking of, stack the easier to get ducks stein and hope for mystery duck derby. The quacking mayhem drives my mini doxie nuts.

There are a lot of good about the game, build quality, rules, modes, the instructions on video, easy to use settings menu and overall flow all stand out.

There are also not so good, namely the call outs become repetitive and boring. Even in non-family friendly it's nothing I wouldn't let our grandkids hear. We're talking Oktoberfest and I would like a little more offensive/innuendo call outs available. Lighting is weak if room is semi-dark, backboard multiplier could be brighter and I can see where changing rubbers under beer barrel and Otto will be a pain in the butt.

Overall it is a super fun game and will likely be with us for a long time. Oktoberfest is a great compliment to our current lineup (Party Zone had since 94, Monopoly NIB, Nascar NIB, Metallica NIB and AC/DC Luci NIB) it offers fun, some mild frustration and easy play for just about any casual player.

Again, just an owners opinion.

@rosh @ferret
Trivial request, Is there any chance you can code the flippers to die after draining? I have too many jackass flipper slapping friends and 6-14 yr old Gkids, niece, nephews that think flipping non-stop is fun.

#47 4 years ago

I've probably put in ~30 games on location at one of our local breweries and I really feel that the game is just beginning to unfold for me. I still haven't settled on a strategy for what stein/tent combo to start out with - I've been going with "easier to collect TENT letters" just because the game feels like it has a bit of a dead zone when your tent modes aren't qualified. Reminds me a little of Ghostbusters if you don't have a mode ready to go. And then usually starting out with Juggling or Chugging as my tent mode and let it unfold from there.

Still haven't started a keg multiball because of that damn side ramp but I've seen the duck frenzy one and managed to have an insane Corkscrew multiball with all of jackpot steins stacked going into the multiball. Hit a few of the triple super jackpots (great callout btw) and the multiball itself ended up getting me well over 7,000,000. I had to do a double take after it ended because I couldn't believe it lol.

As far as theme goes. Its perfect for a brewery. I'm seeing TONS of people of all ages instantly attracted to the machine because it just seems to make sense in a brewery setting. The music and callouts start to get a little repetitive so it might be nice to see some additions because in my experience its a long playing game and there is only so much oom-pah-pah a person can take.

If any API folks are reading this... speaking with the owner of the brewery we started talking about how cool it would have been if there was a way they could have inserted their logo into the keg or tap handle that is on the backglass. Just a simple blank space that could be filled with a generic Oktoberfest logo or could be taken out and a custom logo could be slid in by the owner. Seems like a relatively simple option if it was though about early in the creative process and it would add a TON of customization to the game.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from TODD969:

namely the call outs become repetitive and boring. Even in non-family friendly it's nothing I wouldn't let our grandkids hear. We're talking Oktoberfest and I would like a little more offensive/innuendo call outs available.

More on the way, soon, especially the non Family Friendly variety, as there are really only a handful of those right now.

Quoted from TODD969:

Is there any chance you can code the flippers to die after draining?

We can take a look at it

Quoted from anathematize:

I still haven't settled on a strategy for what stein/tent combo to start out with - I've been going with "easier to collect TENT letters" just because the game feels like it has a bit of a dead zone when your tent modes aren't qualified.

I've got more time on it then anyone but possibly Ferret, and I still haven't settled. Keep in mind, you can collect TENT letters during TENT modes, so that Enter Tent is ready to go when the current one ends. Even more important is that collecting TENT letters during a mode adds time to the clock.

Still haven't started a keg multiball because of that damn side ramp

I've gotten to the point where I can make that ramp without even thinking about it, and in the last day have had two games where I started beer barrel multiball twice. Takes time to get the feel for it. You may want to ask the location to check the feature settings for 'Release Beer Barrel Locks at Game End' and have them set to that to NO. This will be the new default going forward, but current owners will need to make that change if they have not already.

there was a way they could have inserted their logo into the keg or tap handle that is on the backglass.

Since it is an actual backglass, not a translite, be hard to do that and have it look right.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from TODD969:

I accidently found a sweep shot on the Oktoberfest bank

I have successfully done a 7-in-a-row sweep of the OKTOBER bank. It's hella satisfying when they all just light up. If you manage that during Ring Toss when that bank is lit, it's worth several hundred thousand (at least; depending on ducks and steins, of course).

Quoted from TODD969:

Speaking of, stack the easier to get ducks stein and hope for mystery duck derby

There's no hope involved, BTW. Duck Derby will always be awarded every multiple of X ducks collected (X = 50 by default/Medium settings).

Quoted from TODD969:

namely the call outs become repetitive and boring

Our upcoming code release has LOTS of new callouts. New tunes, too.

Quoted from TODD969:

Trivial request, Is there any chance you can code the flippers to die after draining?

Josh and I will discuss. Certainly would be easy to do. On the other hand, if they happen to double-flip during bonus, of course it just jumps to the next ball anyway...

Thanks for the feedback, TODD969 and anathematize ... love hearing everyone's thoughts, good and bad, as you explore the game!

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Since it is an actual backglass, not a translite, be hard to do that and have it look right.

we were just kind of spitballing ideas. maybe something in the software to let owners put in a logo in the attract mode would give a similar option for those that want it.

he also mentioned how cool it would be if the beer steins in the game could be custom named for the beers they brew but that seem like its starting to border on having to build a WYSIWYG interface of some sort so novices could just upload photos/text and the software would do all of the scaling/placement/etc.

I'll talk to the operators and see how they have the beer barrel locks set. i believe at the end of the game currently the balls all drain out so i'm guessing the locks are releasing. maybe have them take a look at the flipper power too. we've ran into an issue where we DO make the beer barrel ramp - but with barely enough force - and the ball has dropped off the left side of the wireframe and gets stuck between the plastic lower ramp and the upper wireform (if that makes sense). usually takes a ball search to kick it out and, at worst, some lifting of the machine to get it to roll out of that little gap.

regardless. loving the game so far and excited to get some more time on it later today.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-oktoberfest-club?hl=aniraf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.