(Topic ID: 241015)

American Pinball Oktoberfest Club..............

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 114 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210917_003118 (resized).jpg
20210620_160449 (resized).jpg
20200605_172851 (resized).jpg
WP_20200514_15_48_21_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20200514_19_33_10_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20200514_19_32_50_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20200514_19_48_09_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20200512_19_58_16_Pro (resized).jpg
oktoberfest (resized).jpg
B6A1D4A0-51A2-48DE-A491-FFA750F8F918 (resized).jpeg
2AE95158-0DC7-48AA-AB23-795EF2B69C74 (resized).jpeg
92A9A7A8-CE13-4D12-80DE-ABDD74C240A8 (resized).jpeg
A69ED993-EE76-4D5E-85CF-CBF97EE75636 (resized).jpeg
34235ED7-1554-47F8-8CCD-B869A2659734 (resized).jpeg
20190628_134555 (resized).jpg
20190628_141844 (resized).jpg
There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

With default settings, the Beer Barrel holds balls across players and even across games. It's a fun feature, especially in multiplayer games, where stealing other players' locked balls in the Barrel can be a good strategic choice. It's a fun multiball when you get it, too!
Enjoy your new game!

Thanks, I know your the expert but this seems to contradict what GSone was saying in that they pass through unless the lock is lit?

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Thanks, I know your the expert but this seems to contradict what GSone was saying in that they pass through unless the lock is lit?

Both are correct. When you do lock, the default is to leave the balls locked which carries over from game to game and player to player. I set mine to purge all balls at end of game because the membrane switch in the barrel was acting weird.

#103 2 years ago

I am thinking about adding. this game to the collection. This looks like the type of game I would really enjoy. Couple of questions to the current owners from what I have read.

1) is there a lag in the play between game action and the response on the screen/sounds?

2) can the flippers make all the ramp shots from a captured ball on the flippers?

3) any other design type flaws, I should be aware of?

#104 2 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

2) can the flippers make all the ramp shots from a captured ball on the flippers?

I cannot get up the left ramp from a cradled left flipper. Right flipper- every time.

I've had the game for 3 months now and still finding lots of fun and new things with it. Some shots are easy, and some are still challenging.

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Sorry for the confusion. You do have to qualify the Beer Barrel lock first by lighting P-R-O-S-T to be able to lock a ball, otherwise shooting a ball up there will just pass on through. My comment was more about it not releasing the balls.

Quoted from sulli10:

1) is there a lag in the play between game action and the response on the screen/sounds?

No, should not be.

Quoted from sulli10:

The left ramp (Corkscrew ramp) should be easily makable from a trapped ball on the RIGHT flipper. From a trapped ball on the LEFT flipper (i.e. a backhand shot) -- I wouldn't try it, though I've seen it done.

The right ramp (quick-turn ramp) should be makable from a trapped ball on either the left or right flippers.

The upper ramp (Beer Barrel ramp) is an upper-flipper side shot ramp, so that one is always an on-the-fly shot.

#106 2 years ago

Instead of Where's Waldo it is Where's Otto! I found him last weekend at an Oktoberfest. Prost a picture if you see him at your fest this season! Happy Oktoberfest everyone!

20210917_003118 (resized).jpg20210917_003118 (resized).jpg
#107 2 years ago

The left ramp (Corkscrew ramp) should be easily makable from a trapped ball on the RIGHT flipper. From a trapped ball on the LEFT flipper (i.e. a backhand shot) -- I wouldn't try it, though I've seen it done.blockquote>

I've done it if you catch a bounce the right way off of the right flipper from the scoop to the left flipper. From a cradle on the left flipper...never going to happen

1 week later
#108 2 years ago

Is this the one and only correct owners club for Oktoberfest? Only 3 pages, favorited by 22, and 50 pinsiders contributing?!?! Man, if so, this game just gets no love.... Anyway, I think I've located a NIB machine that I hope to purchase this morning. I'm looking forward to joining the club!!

#109 2 years ago

Welcome to the club, you have come to the right place. The Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest is where I find most people go for questions on repairs or problems. This is more of a fan page?
I think people have come around to the game since they have now played it. The people bashing it hadnt played it much and didnt like the title. In my experience people who really love pinball love this game. Unless they are lying to me to be nice, everyone who has played mine has praised it.

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Welcome to the club, you have come to the right place. The Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest is where I find most people go for questions on repairs or problems. This is more of a fan page?
I think people have come around to the game since they have now played it. The people bashing it hadnt played it much and didnt like the title. In my experience people who really love pinball love this game. Unless they are lying to me to be nice, everyone who has played mine has praised it.

Thanks! Yes, it looks like the other thread is the "owners thread" so to speak. That's where I'll be posting from now on. I refuse to post the same question in multiple threads when I need help. Drives me nuts

#111 2 years ago

Yea, I just put my order in for one. Distributor says end of October.

I changed from a Mando over to this game. For 7plus K you seem to get LE level as compared to others. The code looks deep. Lots of shots and a fun type theme.

#112 2 years ago

I

Quoted from sulli10:

Yea, I just put my order in for one. Distributor says end of October.
I changed from a Mando over to this game. For 7plus K you seem to get LE level as compared to others. The code looks deep. Lots of shots and a fun type theme.

I love. My fest and yes it’s loaded and yes the shots are very fun!

Enjoy

1 year later
#113 1 year ago

Damn am I in the right club? No posts in a year?

#114 1 year ago

The thread "Oktoberfest owners 1.0" seems to get the bulk of owner discussion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-oktoberfest-club/page/3?hl=viggin900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.