(Topic ID: 241015)

American Pinball Oktoberfest Club..............

By iceman44

10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 days ago by T3quila
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 17 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B6A1D4A0-51A2-48DE-A491-FFA750F8F918 (resized).jpeg
2AE95158-0DC7-48AA-AB23-795EF2B69C74 (resized).jpeg
92A9A7A8-CE13-4D12-80DE-ABDD74C240A8 (resized).jpeg
A69ED993-EE76-4D5E-85CF-CBF97EE75636 (resized).jpeg
34235ED7-1554-47F8-8CCD-B869A2659734 (resized).jpeg
20190628_134555 (resized).jpg
20190628_141844 (resized).jpg
a duraham octoberfest (resized).jpg
a gboro octoberfest (resized).jpg
accordion (resized).png
oktoberfest-hofbrauhaus (resized).jpg
D47296D6-34C3-4B43-ADAF-8B46AB8FDBA7 (resized).jpeg
A306DFB8-D669-4FD5-9B57-D48D9022367F (resized).jpeg
B7A15138-E84F-483C-9D26-5FB7A46F21F3 (resized).jpeg
9f6f942e-b4c7-452c-9951-5719a204e2a1_l (resized).jpg
123951(39) (resized).jpg

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 months ago

Finally got to play it at Hop Central in the Phoenix area. My wife and I really liked it. I got to the drunken flippers.aw3some. Some really cool things in this game. That snap pop noises during the target shooting. Ramps were too hard to make. Seems a little unpolished overall, but the creativity and theme integration are great. I will not buy one, but will play it any chance I get.

#52 7 months ago
Quoted from anathematize:

maybe something in the software to let owners put in a logo in the attract mode would give a similar option for those that want it.

The operator can in fact do this... from page 29 of the manual:

HOW TO CREATE A CUSTOM MESSAGE
1. Create a PNG image, 1366x768 with whatever you want on it.
Name the file custom_message.png and put that file on a USB stick (with no game code) see the section “Oktoberfest Code Update” for information on how to format your USB stick.
2. Insert the USB stick into the USB extension cable inside the coin door on the right side, after several seconds you will get a screen with green type that says, ‘audits copied . . .’ Power Cycle Game.
3. After you power cycle, go into Settings->Standard and set ‘Custom Message’ to ‘On’.

#53 7 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

The operator can in fact do this... from page 29 of the manual:
HOW TO CREATE A CUSTOM MESSAGE
1. Create a PNG image, 1366x768 with whatever you want on it.
Name the file custom_message.png and put that file on a USB stick (with no game code) see the section “Oktoberfest Code Update” for information on how to format your USB stick.
2. Insert the USB stick into the USB extension cable inside the coin door on the right side, after several seconds you will get a screen with green type that says, ‘audits copied . . .’ Power Cycle Game.
3. After you power cycle, go into Settings->Standard and set ‘Custom Message’ to ‘On’.

Awesome! I'll definitely let them know that this is available.

I should note the brewery owner and the operator (who would likely have the manual) are two different guys so this wasn't a RTFM issue

1 week later
#54 7 months ago
Quoted from TODD969:

I would like a little more offensive/innuendo call outs available.

A large array of numerous innuendo and other humerous callouts would shoot this game to the stars in my opinion... come on AP, pull all the stops out on this one!!!

#55 7 months ago

more & more thinking to be part of this club, than...

1 month later
#56 5 months ago

Just sold my ACDC Luci to join this club. Should have it in a few weeks, definitely in time for October.

#57 5 months ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Just sold my ACDC Luci to join this club. Should have it in a few weeks, definitely in time for October.

That's funny because I also had AC/DC Luci up for sale to fund the purchase of my Oktoberfest! I think there'll be so much more to get out of this game than the AC/DC!!

2 months later
#58 3 months ago

I got one Prototyp Oktoberfest.
And I love the machine.

I have only one problem. After I take a coin in the machine. The pinball crash and reset.

I will place the machine in Stuttgart, between the canstatter Wasen for public play.

Im very happy, anyone habe a idea for me.
Thank you bye Marco

I make a little video:

2AE95158-0DC7-48AA-AB23-795EF2B69C74 (resized).jpegB6A1D4A0-51A2-48DE-A491-FFA750F8F918 (resized).jpeg

#59 3 months ago
Quoted from Flipper-airbrush:

That's a rare find! I see you've got the prototype cabinet art, moustache lady plastic and beer barrel exit, but not the backglass and bumper car occupants... pity you didn't get the backglass!! I have no idea why moustache lady was relocated to be in a place where you can hardly see her!!! Much better than the Otto-esque characters that took her place!!

#60 3 months ago

What happens if you switch it to free play the service menu? Maybe there is a bug in the coin play code that was addressed with an update you are missing. I'd try free play.

Quoted from Flipper-airbrush:

And I love the machine.
I have only one problem. After I take a coin in the machine. The pinball crash and reset.
I will place the machine in Stuttgart, between the canstatter Wasen for public play.
Im very happy, anyone habe a idea for me.
Thank you bye Marco
I make a little video:

[quoted image][quoted image]

#61 3 months ago

I will place the pinball in public, in a cinema between the canstatter Wasen. So free play, is Not Good for me

But I’m in contact with josh from AP

I have one from 3 prototypes, he will help me to make the update compatible to my prototype.

it's just a try, but i still find a great action from american pinball

3 weeks later
#62 84 days ago

I played this game at Helicon today. What a great game. It's now on my short list!

1 month later
#63 27 days ago

I joined the club! Game is legit fun.

My bar door hit switch only registers on a slow ball hit, if you nail the door fast with the flipper it doesn't register, the switch works across the entire length with ball in hand, obviously the ball is acting as a conductor between the two metal peices. I'm assuming this is a bit of a design issue? Anyone else have this problem?

#64 27 days ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

I joined the club! Game is legit fun.
My bar door hit switch only registers on a slow ball hit, if you nail the door fast with the flipper it doesn't register, the switch works across the entire length with ball in hand, obviously the ball is acting as a conductor between the two metal peices. I'm assuming this is a bit of a design issue? Anyone else have this problem?

Same here, but I get bunch of hits through bumper interaction. Only the banked shot that is supposed to open it immediately doesn't work most of the time unfortunately because it's too fast.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 269.00
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 7,399.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7,399.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside