85640A55-E0DB-4E40-A4B2-6DDB04D3935E (resized).jpeg
IMG_20170908_142900_820.jpg
3415465A-BEDD-47CF-8053-3B3809B395D1 (resized).png
IMG_20170220_205912137 (resized).jpg
68C6EAF4-C69F-4E6B-833C-72DAA68A9A73 (resized).png
dogcigar (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1509909419596 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180621_222904005 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#113 5 years ago

90 days is a joke, some people do not even open up games right after purchase. I think warranty needs to be at least a year on all parts. Stern is successful because of their great warranty service. Service what you sell. I do not see this being good for American pinball, they need to change their policy. More and more people are dumping their Houdini's due to poor design, now people will start dumping them due to poor customer service. I want to support a new upcoming pinball manufacturer, but there is no way in hell I will buy one from a company that has a 90 day warranty. Stern has taken care of my issues way beyond the warranty period, and because of this I am a strong supporter.

#322 5 years ago

What I learned from this thread that is very important to me is that American Pinball has a 90 day warranty instead of a year, like other manufacturers. I did not know about their warranty, but now that I do it will change my opinion. Everyone is saying it should not be covered because it is the second owner and not original owner- who gives a shit? I have had an issue as a second owner on an Avengers LE machine and JJ (Game Exchange) sent out a tech to fix my machine with no problems or questions. The fact is the machine is less than a year old, and not having warranty or support is a big deal. I find it interesting that this is the second thread that the op has been pressured to change the title to protect American pinball's reputation?

Please do not take my comments in the wrong context. I want American Pinball to succeed and I would like to support them sometime in the future. I want to grow pinball, and I respect all of the hard work that goes into trying to produce a pinball machine. At the same time I am really service oriented and to me a 90 day warranty is simply unacceptable and it will deter me in wanting to support or purchase from a company with such a policy.

I would recommend American Pinball review their warranty period policy if they would like to earn my business.

ps-I want to thank the op for starting this thread and helping bring this to light. Knowledge is power

#326 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

I guess you aren’t buying Sterns then either because their warranty is 60 days on some components.

I support Stern because they have always taken care of me. I have a lot of machines and so sometimes when I purchase a new machine it will take me months to put considerable plays on it. Having a year warranty on most components gives me reassurance that when I spend $5600+ on a machine that I am being covered.

#329 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Stern doesn’t give you a year warranty. See above. How do you know as the original purchase that AP wouldn’t do the same thing? Have you seen the support they provide in the Houdini thread?

Ok point taken, I guess Stern's warranty in writing says one thing but what they actually do is another. I will be watching closely, I have not been following Houdini thread. I have lost interest because of the game's geometry. Hopefully American Pinball #2 is steller and I look forward to see what they do.

#334 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

this may have been handled differently

I agree it may have been handled differently, thankfully distributor stepped up to the bat. I remember JJP and Jack practically pulling his hair out with all the board failures on the early run WOZ's, Jack knew customer service was key to his success. He lost a considerable amount of money getting the issues corrected. He made an investment back into the company's future. Original owner or second owner, imo-it should be evaluated by the manufacturer date. Take care of your customers and they will take care of you.

#374 5 years ago

Ok what it all comes down to from hear on out is what American Pinball decides to do when someone has an issue with a four month+ old machine. What they have in writing is not important to me but what they actually do is. I am not hear to argue about written legality, I am hear to see how a manufacturer steps up the plate for their customers. I will be watching in the months to come to see how American Pinball deals with warranties and issues that may arise.

-By the way I am petting my puppy as we speak (;

#408 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

possibility of offering an extended warranty that would be available for anyone to buy.

Purchase an extended warranty?-Laugh out loud

AP extended warranty.jpgAP extended warranty.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-not-standing-behind-houdini-?tu=pinmister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.