85640A55-E0DB-4E40-A4B2-6DDB04D3935E (resized).jpeg
IMG_20170908_142900_820.jpg
3415465A-BEDD-47CF-8053-3B3809B395D1 (resized).png
IMG_20170220_205912137 (resized).jpg
68C6EAF4-C69F-4E6B-833C-72DAA68A9A73 (resized).png
dogcigar (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1509909419596 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180621_222904005 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pbwizard14.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#330 5 years ago

(First sentence edited by moderator). People jump on bandwagons by reading one off situations and believe it is happening everywhere all the time without doing any research on their own. LAZY and MISINFORMED. Most of the warranties are 60 days or less for most parts of a machine, including JJP. JJP has a 1 year warranty on their A/V board, CPU, monitor, and driver board and a 30 day warranty on everything else to the original owner if it is HUO . Parts that are high failure after distribution are probably replaced well after warranty because they are a known high failure part and the company has lots of them available and has prepared to replace those parts. Did the owner contact the maker of the board as AP recommended since it is a board they source? If the owner did and the board maker didn't offer to replace it, then AP should have probably been informed by the owner so AP could 1. replace the board themselves and 2. think about finding another source for their needs since this one will not stand behind THEIR board after a short time with the possibility of more boards going down within 6 months. I would have done what AP asked me to do and contact the board manufacturer and depending on that conversation gotten back to AP before starting this thread. Other people on here don't have any idea how long a warranty on their NIB game is and are assuming it is for 1 year or 3 years or 5 years and everything is covered. Better start doing some homework before popping off, you look as stupid as your posts when others look into what you claim and it's WRONG.

#331 5 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

What the heck... I'll add my takeaways and perspectives to this thread.
If I had a four month old pin with a breakdown, and I had to pay for replacement parts, I'd probably be pretty upset... No matter what owner number I was. What I wouldn't have done is rushed to pinside so quickly to trash AP. I would have tried to work with the original owner and escalate things at AP to see if we could reach an agreement.
I feel a three month warranty is pretty short on a brand new, $7000 machine, but it is what it is. Learning about their 90 day warranty was new to me, and helpful to know...
I've followed a lot of AP threads on here, and they seem nothing but amazing - especially impressed by the time and commitment of Rosh. I definitely don't think AP deserves any bashing in this situation.
And as all others have said, Joe at PinballStar is the bomb.
Lessons learned, hopefully...

Do you know what other manufactures warranties are on their NIB machines? I would like to know what you know about the other NIB machines and pinball makers.

#336 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

See sterns above.

I read that, 60 days, not 90 and people are complaining about a 90 day warranty. I would like to know what kind of NIB warranty they think they are getting, because those posters must think it is greater than 90 day.

#337 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm curious, since it keeps coming up, why would the owner affect a warranty? Is it the buyer that is covered, or are they covering their product?
I bought a 3 year old car, and the computer blew a year later, and they gave me a free computer since it was a 5 year warranty.

It matters if the company says it matters. If the warranty is extended to whom ever owns the car or anything else that is covered over the time the warranty is in effect then it doesn't matter, but if it expressly states that the warranty is to the original owner only as some do, then once the item is sold, the warranty is gone and the new owner is on his or her own.

#395 5 years ago

Barry asked the guy to contact the manufacturer of the board because its sourced. Do what you're asked to do, it serves more than one purpose. First, the source would never know that their boards might be a problem if they aren't told they fail unless they fail in mass and the manufacturer notifies them. Second, American can see if the manufacturer will stand behind their boards. If not, maybe American finds another source. To have American do the leg work verse the owner, the owner should have done it. If after I contacted the board maker and they told me to take a hike and I told American, they have the choice to leave the owner blowing in the wind or send them a new board. I understand the warranty bit, but for Pete sake, pick up the phone or email and the board maker. Had they replaced it, this post probably would not exist. They replace it and American gets a phone call telling them their source is aces. What's wrong with that?

#398 5 years ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

What's wrong with that?
Everything.
It's not the customers fault you sourced the board. You sold the product, he bought from american not all the vendors american uses.
Can you imagine if another biz did that? I know you bought a Toyota, but we source parts from takata, talk to them. The customer shouldn't have to do the legwork.
They can absolutely stick to the letter of the law if they like, but man it affected my opinion of the company

When its out of warranty? All the other negative posts are from people who have gotten parts when the warranty is out and that's great for them. The company made a decision and it benefitted them and they are happy and loyal...great. Start a new post and see how many people where rejected after the warranty ended and you might get an angry mob similar to some of the people in this post. I do not believe every person who asks Stern or Jack for parts out of warranty get them and some of those folks may have been in the same boat as this person. Telling your success story is just that, your story. How many other stories are out there? People tend to forget about that. I would have made that call because American has been transparent with their strengths and weaknesses and I would not mind doing it because my part was out of warranty. I also would have called them back either way to tell them about my experience with their source, but that's me. The owner didn't mind taking the time to write his post. That time could have been used solving his problem. He chose not to make the effort, he chose to complain to the world and that's him.

#399 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Ok, you beat me posting by a couple seconds...
Yeah! Why should I expect to just call Honda or Toyota about the exploding Takata airbag in the car they sold me? It's a sourced part right?

You guys should really find another hobby. We are not talking about Toyota and vehicles people depend on to go to work or the doctor. We are talking about a game, a pass time. A little effort on a hobby you say you love and you can't do it...that's a laugh!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pbwizard14.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-not-standing-behind-houdini-?tu=pbwizard14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.