85640A55-E0DB-4E40-A4B2-6DDB04D3935E (resized).jpeg
IMG_20170908_142900_820.jpg
3415465A-BEDD-47CF-8053-3B3809B395D1 (resized).png
IMG_20170220_205912137 (resized).jpg
68C6EAF4-C69F-4E6B-833C-72DAA68A9A73 (resized).png
dogcigar (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1509909419596 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180621_222904005 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 5 years ago

Curious, yes the game was Built the end of April but I suspect you didn't Receive it on the build date? Assuming shipped, registered and installed in say May seems like they are splitting hairs on the liability?? Could be wrong. With that said this is pinball and electronics, if every time a system fails in any way we are drawn to call them out in a public forum I suspect they will need to increase warranty reserves (prices) and start sternly enforcing policy on everyone uniformly no matter what the situation. Not saying you were wrong to point this out but I find it hard to believe you exhausted every opportunity to work with them directly. They have got to be the most straight lace honest and committed to Client success pinball company I have ever dealt with. Just my view anyway.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

My point was that each party agreed to buy/sell according to the terms that were clearly spelled out. The buyer feels that they did not get what they paid for even though the machine broke after the warranty was over. How long does the machine have to perform without failure after the warranty expires to make it it worth the purchase price? At what point do you feel you paid too little because it performed better than it should?
I agree that if it truly failed after 4 months that is pretty weak; however, I would have a hard time saying that the manufacturer did not stand behind it's product. If I ran the company I would have probably fixed it for the buyer and had them sign a good-will form to stop further implied warranty liability. The company has decided not to do this and probably will pay a price for it.

Just a question as this has been brought up several times. What spelled out literature with the warranty is everyone talking about? At every show I ever attended or distributor I visited the Only literature I received to make a decision or purchase had Nothing written about warranty pre-sale or post? Was there a third page or hidden text I missed on that? Yes its in the manual but thats a bit After the sales agreement I think.

Houdini-Pinball-Flyer-2.pdfHoudini-Pinball-Flyer-2.pdf

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just a question as this has been brought up several times. What spelled out literature with the warranty is everyone talking about? At every show I ever attended or distributor I visited the Only literature I received to make a decision or purchase had Nothing written about warranty pre-sale or post? Was there a third page or hidden text I missed on that? Yes, its in the manual but thats a bit After the fact.
[quoted image]

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Found it in 2 seconds. It’s pages 3 and 4 of the manual. On Americans website. First thing I’d do when buying something like this is be COMPLETELY clear on warranties.

Only poke you cause I love ya Chuck. Are you saying buyers were given Manuals at shows pre-purchase to evaluate the terms of their agreement? Not so sure the manual was even out prior to shipment but I could be wrong. Just don't recall my car dealership handing me the owners manual pre-purchase to evaluate my decision nor a pinball company but some are wiser than me I guess. I still think the OP could have worked this out with API no doubt as its a rather small issue that I suspect they would have bent over backwards to try and help with.

#187 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Its really too bad that a new company spends 100's of thousands of dollars developing, marketing, and manufacturing a new pin (with a lot of success), and then makes horrible business decisions. This should have never happened, and frankly they deserve the bad press...its the old saying "you get a 1000 at a boys, and one Oh shit, and u go back to zero"

Not siding with API but shouldn't we let the OP give AP the opportunity to evaluate the situation? The OP started this fire after business hours and the only correspondence he had with them Barry offered "what do you want to do with this" which to me means they need to evaluate the circumstances, distributor warranty offerings, and a possible negotiable agreement to solve this. I didn't see any FU response to the OP and I am certain you would Never get that from the API team or company. They care Way to much about this title and their clients and have proved so overwhelmingly. If they did anything wrong, they trained customers through kind correspondence on a public forum that this is where you ask for help and interact with service. NO bad habit. Support should go directly to the company and be one on one with the client. Not in a public forum. There is a reason No OEM likes to play on this forum. They can't win. We love to see them and most respect why they are on Pinside but as they grow this portal of support will prove damaging as All laundry good and bad will be aired here. They should consider bringing on a shoulder to cry on (#LTG) to buffer these all hours needs but take it off line in the companies best interest. At this point the fire is to hot and I respect why they are staying out of the thread fire. This really IS a great company and they are More than loyal to their clients and product success. Might be why you don't see many posts like this.... Let them work with the OP and I think he to will see how much they love what they do if he gives them a chance to help him. JMO

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Great job Joe.
So in summary, we have a second owner with a warranty claim outside of warranty.

Fact. It shows there is Usually another side of the story. The original poster failed to mention he bought this used from a dealer with a used warranty yet never gave him the opportunity to hear his issue. Joe backs ALL of his sales new and used but you have to give him a chance to help! As suspected API simply needed to evaluate the warranty terms, distributor, and owner to make see what is going on. API got torched for no real reason other than evaluating a situation with several unknown factors. PinballStar like several of the distributors API partnered with have a vested interest in keeping customers happy. They just need to know how to help and be asked.

#207 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

No I had nothing to do with the sale to 2nd owner that was a private sale I had no knowledge of until this AM... It wasn't bought from me and there was and is no such thing as a 'used' warranty... Just clarifying... I sold the NIB game to James / James sold it to Justin / Justin got stuck with the bad board by bad luck / timing... Nobodys fault shit happens. It's fixed.

Well then that makes you even more lovable! Amazing how the Entire story can change an opinion. Thats what a stand up distributor does. Remind me to ask Richie Rich to call you tonight and tell you a bed time story. lolol

#210 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Justin,
All good - no need to keep me out of anything, I wasn't even honestly involved or had any knowledge that James even sold his game... I wouldn't have cared if you did come to me up front, maybe I could have gotten it resolved for you at the get go with no stress... I don't think you're wrong, but as much as I want you to like me and all that, I'm going to be man enough to tell you I think your heading in this post needs to be changed as it's not fair to AP. They didn't hurt you or do anything they didn't promise to do. The board is the culprit here, that's all, it's a part they go bad. If it went bad on day 89 this thread wouldn't exist. You're 2nd owner - not sure if the warranty even applies, and it was past the date. Cutting them down is not fair, they are all good people. I know you were unhappy and maybe they would have loved to fix it but felt they couldn't without causing other issues for themselves, which I get. As I said you've been great to work with any of our other transactions so it was easy then once I found out it was you to make this go away for you, James, and AP. Nobody was wrong here. I'm want you enjoying your game. I'll be here to help if I can with anything. Check, Tshirt, and kickin' tote bag on it's way to you...
Joe

Hey I never got a rockin man bag! Damn you!! Scratch the friendly calls from Richey Rich, back to 3am coin door powder coat calls!!

#217 5 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

The important, lingering question here is if the code update had any role in the board failure. Maybe not but it seems like a strange coincidence.

As hundreds have done the same update and they beta test the crap out of what they do I will bet this had nothing to do with the coincidence of this failure. I believe even the original poster never made that claim and should be assumed not the issue.

#224 5 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Fair enough - I was going off this from the original post: "After a successful install of new code I had a flipper coil stop working." That reads as a sequence of events, if not cause-effect.

Understood but as I have also read the OP posts in the Houdini thread he didn't have a successful loading of the software (only blue screen) he never actually installed it or had issues which AP tried to assist with. Nothing further matters on this and I agree with the OP the best professional option is to Drain this tread as it was built on missing pieces of the story....

#232 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Mispost...
But I'll ask.. Did anyone pet a puppy yet ?

Working on it but she's not enjoying your solution....

IMG_0670 (resized).jpgIMG_0670 (resized).jpg
#239 5 years ago

I knew she had family!!! lol Best dogs ever. Lets start a what dog is best derail on this thread. lol

#245 5 years ago

I like the new threat title. Now Joes head will get Huge.......lol

#270 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I only have one. she came with a name. It really fits her.
LTG : )[quoted image]

Proof LTG has a warm mushy side! lol Plus she is the best arcade watch dog and riff raff chaser.

#297 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The distro used this shitstorm as a way to make it all good. And it worked swimmingly. Had AP replaced that board outside of warranty and the OP came here and posted, there would be two posts:
One that says so what stern does that all the time
One that says pinstadium sucks.

That was just damn funny... Thanks.

#352 5 years ago

Addendum. WARNING beware of PinballSTAR Joe. I texted him 3 times last night at 3am to shoot the sh!t and he refused to reply! I don’t have a life so why should he! If he thinks he can only work 23 hours a day he must be called out! Made me want to kick puppies! Lol. Love you Joe.

#361 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I don’t know all the reasons behind it but I will shed a little background on the whole ‘2nd owner’ thing... Part of it came to light when there was distributors who shall remain nameless was re-selling games to others who were not ‘authorized’ distributors in and out of other distributors home territories. So you had guys selling games in stock who should not of representing themselves to the public as authorized and not knowing what they were doing, not able to get parts, not able to provide service, etc to unknowing customers. Many of these unauthorized resellers were previously turned down for appointments from various companies for whatever reason - reputation, financial, territory already covered etc... I can attest I am the guy spending money on shows, doing parties, servicing customers, carrying 100,000 plus of inventory for just one company etc... and then you have some yahoo who shouldn’t be doing what he was doing, pricing under MAP, with no skin in the game for either the manufacturer or the community at large pulling the wool over unsuspecting people in the hobby - usually newbies who got taken advantage of. So... the way to prevent that was to tell people don’t buy from an unauthorized distributor because you are the 2nd true owner then... Not sure it worked but was a way to prevent distributors from doing this... There are ways to do that sort of thing responsibly - just ask a location or restoration guy that wants to sell one or two to refer thier customers to you. Some companies require us to notify them of any re-sellers under us and they have to be approved. But some always bend the rules and drop inventory off at non-authorized distributors and it leads to problems... Overall you have a new to pinball customer usually getting screwed and that’s what they want to prevent. Not have them taken advantage of when they enter the hobby - we should be nurturing and helping these folks not making a quick buck on them by lying to them. You wouldn’t want to be buying a new Ford unknowingly from a used car dealer who can’t help you after the sale... So... I’m sure there might be other reasons the companies might use this 2nd owner wording, but I wanted to shed some light when companies use this (maybe don’t enforce it) to prevent bad things from happening and to protect the customer not to screw anyone on a warranty. Don’t always thing you know everything and companies are out to get you.. it’s just true.

As I know you and your business professionalism I will guess you won’t share the “to remain nameless” self appointed distributors but That to me is good reason to create threads on this forum. To warn others new or old who is Not out for the customers best interest honestly. I suspected there were a few Clone distributors undercutting the ones Vested to support for ill gain. As I know you won’t share publicly, would you please PM me the name (s) of these companies so I can steer clean and advise friends to do the same? Thanks Joe!

#370 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

JJP replaces some electronics for first year!
See point #2 below.[quoted image]

Where do you read that? It says 30 Days on all parts and 1 year on light boards and monitor? So basically 30 days on other boards. I will say JJP has MORE than stepped up for me on claims well outside the original warranty and as a 2nd owner though.

#372 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Click on picture, the way I read number 2 it says I/O board, Sound board, CPU board, etc are 12 months.

My apologies missed that. Love JJP even more now. Plus you get to call LTG for everything! Lol

1 week later
#430 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Stern would not give me a plastic for one of my games that was out of warranty once. The game was still in production too. No one heard about this because I didn't feel that it was worthy of stating a thread over. Those that find AP unacceptable for not replacing the 95 dollar part and will not buy an AP game because of this, may want to put Stern on their shit list as well. I still bought an Iron Maiden after the fact and I didn't loose any sleep over it. Those of you who are taking this to another level with AP may want to cease buying Stern games as well.

Not doubting you but how many companies Warranty wear and tear of rubbers, playfield plasics, or bulbs inside or out of warranty? I can see if it was broken on arrival but not seeing your point unless its a re-direct to put the flame of this on a new company? I to have broken plastics most times simply waxing the playfield but I never considered calling Any manufacturer to cover my use of the product. Glad you ended up with IM though, fun shooter would be sad to miss out because you were slighted by a broken plastic....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greeley, CO
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Corona, CA
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mclean, VA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!
Other
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
Plastics
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-not-standing-behind-houdini-?tu=Yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.