20180426_162959 (resized).jpg
76C6C594-C5E2-42C3-B0BA-DC6FB65B5334 (resized).png
33583E42-C6C2-435C-B301-C95470FBEA1F (resized).png
IMG_1470 (resized).jpeg
20230531_171203 (resized).jpg
20230530_210512 (resized).jpg
0F6D3A86-9F6A-43B3-A1FA-F4155ECAB32A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #145 Houdini Pinball initial flyer Posted by HighProtein (7 years ago)

Post #184 Initial reveal at TPF Posted by SilverballNut (7 years ago)

Post #190 Introductory Price of Houdini Posted by 1iblind (7 years ago)

Post #198 Initial Pictures of Machine Posted by lllvjr (7 years ago)

Post #229 Playfield Close-Up Pics Posted by bigd1979 (7 years ago)

Post #284 Machine feature details Posted by rosh (7 years ago)

Post #312 More feature details Posted by rosh (7 years ago)

Post #385 Double switch lane picture Posted by pinballrockstar (7 years ago)

Post #420 Pinball show appearance schedule for Houdini Posted by rosh (6 years ago)

Post #434 Houdini pics from Allentown show Posted by PinballSTAR (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#62 7 years ago

Houdini will be a flipping, playable game at TPF. Complete 180 from what we all saw in Sept/Oct in design, art, and function. The only thing the same is the name Houdini. Prepare to be completely in awe of the game and A.P.

They will be the 1st ones to admit JPop was a mistake.

#64 7 years ago

A.P. has kept to their word so far. They told M.G. buyers they were getting a machine and somehow they got machines. I called them in December and was told end of 1st quarter for Houdini and it looks like they are right on schedule.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jpop-game-houdini-just-announced/page/50#post-3495706

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Are you saying this as fact because you know, or just your speculation from the call you made to AP two months ago? Not trying to slam you...just curious if you have any new info.

2 weeks

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Competition is the backbone of any healthy industry. It is essential that some of these 'new' manufacturers stay afloat to keep Stern honest.

Even take them(STERN) head on. 2017 is shaping up to be a wild ride for pinball.

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

He doesn't know anything that you and I don't. Just wants to feel cool by making it seem that way I guess . No one knows anything for certain.
I'm hoping for a flipping game at TPF, but we won't know until then.

Excuse me, but do I know you? Have we spoken before? No, right? Please don't speak on my behalf because the one who has NO fucking clue is you. And that I DO know. You will eat your words after TPF.

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Impressed to see you step up to the plate. I hope you are right as I'd like to see something new from somebody new.

Thank you....but it's not a prediction. I would love to say what I do know, but I am on the " If I tell you, I will have to kill you" witness protection program. Beating around the bush is the best I can do.

#85 7 years ago

St

Quoted from dmbjunky:The possible problem I see is if the pinball sales pie is only so big and if enough little manufacturers eat into Stern's slice without making the pie bigger Stern could see some financial problems.
We all want competition for Stern but I'm afraid the manufacturing side is growing faster than the customer side.

Stern would not lose anything if they were building a quality product, with finished or nearly finished coding. Sorry, they are bringing this upon themselves. They opened the door to competition with pure arrogance. Reap what you sow.

#86 7 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

How about the art vdojaq? Seen it? The art better be really great because it was kickass before they changed everything.

You mean like Houdini not looking like Adrien Brody anymore?

#94 7 years ago

Houdini-Truth copy (resized).jpgHoudini-Truth copy (resized).jpg

#98 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I'm not really referring to Stern's faults but the finite amount of sales there are out there.

I get it, but pinball is hot and the "in thing" that is cool to collect now. The barcades, the news stories, the expos, all of this is a contributing factor. We have Stern, which produces 3-4 games a year, JJP that produces 1 game every 2 years(average), and now A.P. which plans on being a major player, not a boutique company.

Then there is Spooky, and all the others following behind.

So what happens if A.P. were to have a 2nd game ready to go in October @ Expo? Yes there is a finite number of sales to be had, but I think that ceiling has been raised.

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

History 101. The collapse of Bally Williams in 1999 gave way for the rise of the new Stern pinball in 1999.
Could AP be the next big thing? Could Spooky be? We'll have to wait to see.
Not saying Stern is going to collapse or have any wish they do. Love my two Sterns and they are both my "dream" themes.

Along with that Spectrum on the left!

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Good eye! Now if only I could get a sound board for it.

Direct replacement

http://mypinballs.com/electronics/store.jsp

#127 7 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

I love South Park. One of Balcer's little beauties. It makes me laugh every time I play it.

And still a great location earning machine.

#133 7 years ago

Interesting.....this is not the cabinet style I believe that is going to be used.

houdini (resized).jpghoudini (resized).jpg

#152 7 years ago

There will be finished and playable Houdini's in Texas tomorrow.

#155 7 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

SO MANY new games to play at TPF this year!
Houdini, Alien, Dialed In, Jetson's, Aerosmith, Batman66, Mulitmorphic (P3) will be revealing 4 games, Spooky will reveal a new game....AFMr...
WooHooo!!

Isn't there going to be a new Elvira too from Dennis Nordman ?

#158 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Correction - Playable, probably - Finished - NO. There's still work going on.

Fair enough, playable prototypes.

#161 7 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

So, It will look nothing like this?
» YouTube video

Correct, looks nothing like it.

#185 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

He doesn't know anything that you and I don't. Just wants to feel cool by making it seem that way I guess . No one knows anything for certain.

Eat it!

#238 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

When I said that, they hadn't even wired up the whitewood yet.

Where did you pull that out of your ass?

#240 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Directly from the people involved in building it.

I think you might have misunderstood...... The full playfields were not yet done. Just take a few seconds to think about it and it makes more sense.

#248 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Or perhaps it was purposely left ambiguous in the description. Like I said, I totally own being wrong.

Not ambiguous

#249 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I think you might have misunderstood.......The game was playing at that point, no lights or sounds wired up yet. Just take a few seconds to think about it and it makes more sense.

#251 7 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

I have seen the development of this game over the last few months, and to have two shooting games built in less then a few weeks is epic. These guys spent 12-16 hours a day or more to get this ready for the TPF roll out. I have personally seen it from the start of the measurements, art work, design, and cad drawings ,on to the Toys from Back Alley Creations, Laser cut parts from laseriffic and others till now a flipping game. These guys hit this deep into center field over the wall with this one. Hats off to all involved @ American Pinball.
I was lucky enough to get to shoot this game for over 3 hours of testing and programming ( from Josh ) last Monday Evening, yes there are some tough shots on the game as well as easier ones, It's Pinball!, Tougher games aggravate you, make you a better player, and bring you back for more fun.
Pincades
Jesse T

And of course you can get one of these from Jesse as well!

2 weeks later
#369 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I am betting it is Alice in Wonderland.

UH....no

#412 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

It is false advertisement at the very minimum, preying on the lack of knowledge of potential buyers.

I think you are a bit overzealous here.

3 months later
#724 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Glad you like it, but its so early the software simply isn't ready yet for some of these over-the-top statements. Lots of shots do nothing, same music, missing sfx. No way this will survive a Home setting in it's current state--it would get old in less than a week.
With that said, the potential is definitely there and the indie theme rocks. Code could catapult this from boutique little nothing company into JJP territory (IF they work on software diligently enough). Always be thinking, "what would Houdini" say if the ball did this, or that. Hope they are listening!

Boutique little nothing company? You obviously do not know what you are speaking of.

3 weeks later
1 month later
#1038 6 years ago

I finally got to shake hands with rosh and introduce myself. Good guy, Houdini is going to rock this collectors market. What I will be interested to see is just how many of these machines end up in operator's hands and out in the wild. There is no doubt that the physical machine is very appealing to the eye, and the game play is even better. I know I want one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread?tu=vdojaq and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.