20180426_162959 (resized).jpg
76C6C594-C5E2-42C3-B0BA-DC6FB65B5334 (resized).png
33583E42-C6C2-435C-B301-C95470FBEA1F (resized).png
IMG_1470 (resized).jpeg
20230531_171203 (resized).jpg
20230530_210512 (resized).jpg
0F6D3A86-9F6A-43B3-A1FA-F4155ECAB32A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #145 Houdini Pinball initial flyer Posted by HighProtein (7 years ago)

Post #184 Initial reveal at TPF Posted by SilverballNut (7 years ago)

Post #190 Introductory Price of Houdini Posted by 1iblind (7 years ago)

Post #198 Initial Pictures of Machine Posted by lllvjr (7 years ago)

Post #229 Playfield Close-Up Pics Posted by bigd1979 (7 years ago)

Post #284 Machine feature details Posted by rosh (7 years ago)

Post #312 More feature details Posted by rosh (7 years ago)

Post #385 Double switch lane picture Posted by pinballrockstar (7 years ago)

Post #420 Pinball show appearance schedule for Houdini Posted by rosh (6 years ago)

Post #434 Houdini pics from Allentown show Posted by PinballSTAR (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider superchicken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#659 6 years ago

OK. Picky feedback. The curtain movement is unnatural. It needs to move from to top. This is a big part of the animation.

3 months later
#865 6 years ago

I'm thinking sand is to age the chain in a tumbler.

#867 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

And if it isn't, that's a fabulous mod idea

And maybe through some sort of oxidizer in there to make them change color. Kind of anti-polish tumbler.

#871 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sand would not age the chain more strip it to raw clean again. Plus I'm fairly certain its plastic chain which would remove the plating. I'm going to go with the daycare center concept. lol

Yeah, you're right, the chain is plastic. I can tell from the picture that the connecting links are cut to attach to the locks. So that leaves sandbox or hourglass.

#877 6 years ago

OK. I got it now. Sand is for the cigar ash buckets outside by the loading dock.
joe (resized).jpgjoe (resized).jpg

#917 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Here is where the sand ended up. This "sand box" will now head to the front of the line. I'm sure someone can figure it out now. If not you can ask me at expo!

Well it looks to be the size of a playfield and the sand would be used to equate the weight of a populated playfield. You guy's building the cabinets?

#926 6 years ago

So the sand weighted fixture is used to load the cabinet panels, simulating the playfield, when gluing and screwing them together in the jig.

4 months later
#2123 6 years ago

On the same game, we had a stuck ball on top of the plastic under the Ouija pointer. The cutout for the wires made a nice cradle for the ball. No way shaking would get it off. We had to lift the right side of the game to dislodge it. The pic below is from a post in this thread and not of the VUK game. I circled the ball's resting place. That hole seems really big.

stuck (resized).PNGstuck (resized).PNG

Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Hey guys! My Houdini arrives in 1 hour!!! Woohoo!
I also wanted to give my first experiences with Houdini, as mine was suppose to arrive Friday but shipping was delayed. Basically I needed to play it, so I went all the way from Richmond to Bethesda MD, to play at VUK all weekend.
Houdini was easily most beautiful game there, including TNA. The backglass is just gorgeous. The volume was originally so low you couldn’t hear it but the employee at VUK turned it up so it was easily the most audible of any games there. The game has been on route for a little over a week, to my knowledge. I checked over the entire game, I didn’t see a single spot of wear. Not on the shooter lane or the theater.
The game was a lot of fun. The modes are all very unique. The animations are high quality, the music is good and the voice instructions is good for the new players, I am happy I can just double tap out of em after I learned the game.
The shots in this game are tight, it will be perfect for a home game. With that said, all shots ARE MAKEABLE when you find your shots and get dialed in on the game.
I didn’t end up getting the GC but I did get 2nd high score which I am pretty happy about. Photo will be below.
Okay! So I have told you the good. So rosh, here comes the bad and the ugly.
Bad:
1. the game was extremely shallow and felt very floaty. ( I had this fixed by the techs on Sunday. ) much better now.
2. From factory the pops were not very sensitive at all. It was extremely difficult to get good action and have the ball hit horizontally into the theatre or just pop in general, perhaps you could call them?
3. The game seemed to suffer from an auto plunger issue. It would auto plunge instantaneously on the 2,3,4 players turn or when I would get an extra ball and it would pop out to start again. This issue was totally random and would not happen every game but enough that it does screw you over.
4. The game had an issue where when you locked a ball in the trunk (catapult made 100% of the shots I saw in 2 days of playing), it would then need to ball search for the ball to shot the lower catapult down the wireform. So that sucked when you were in a mode and hit that lock shot.
The ugly:
The game had random resets where it would get a blue screen or kill people’s balls. I have 2 experiences to discuss that relate to this. 1. My friend was blowing up the machine, he was in seance mb and a mode, then brought in trunk mb and when it started (all on ball 1) the game turned black, and then killed his ball. Not only did it kill his ball but it then completely skipped my turn, and went to bonus instantly and then started his next ball. 2. When a mode started it went to a blue screen and the game just froze.
Alright. Well now that all that is said, I hope this helps rosh.
Guys, this game is freaking fantastic. I am sure it will be in my collection longer than Dialed in. Btw, the comedy in the game and Easter eggs are fantastic!
rosh can I get a test code version from you? I’d love to help in any other way I can regarding bugs, issues or code testing in a home setting.
I’ll post some more tomorrow! Pinstadium kit is going in as well tonight. Game is beautifully lit but I haven’t seen a game that doesn’t look even better after I’ve added one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider superchicken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread?tu=superchicken and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.