20180426_162959 (resized).jpg
76C6C594-C5E2-42C3-B0BA-DC6FB65B5334 (resized).png
33583E42-C6C2-435C-B301-C95470FBEA1F (resized).png
IMG_1470 (resized).jpeg
20230531_171203 (resized).jpg
20230530_210512 (resized).jpg
0F6D3A86-9F6A-43B3-A1FA-F4155ECAB32A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #145 Houdini Pinball initial flyer Posted by HighProtein (7 years ago)

Post #184 Initial reveal at TPF Posted by SilverballNut (7 years ago)

Post #190 Introductory Price of Houdini Posted by 1iblind (7 years ago)

Post #198 Initial Pictures of Machine Posted by lllvjr (7 years ago)

Post #229 Playfield Close-Up Pics Posted by bigd1979 (7 years ago)

Post #284 Machine feature details Posted by rosh (7 years ago)

Post #312 More feature details Posted by rosh (7 years ago)

Post #385 Double switch lane picture Posted by pinballrockstar (7 years ago)

Post #420 Pinball show appearance schedule for Houdini Posted by rosh (6 years ago)

Post #434 Houdini pics from Allentown show Posted by PinballSTAR (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seenev.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10145 4 years ago

Hey hey... I just joined the club. Any advice for a new owner?

#10154 4 years ago

I keep seeing posts about the upgraded power supply. Can someone give me a summary of what the situation is there? I just got my game nib. Would my game have it or no?

#10159 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I picked up my NIB Houdini the 1st week of March. I have the new power supply. Here's a picture....[quoted image]

Mine doesn't look like that. Just one big box in the middle. Will you have problems without the upgrade?

#10164 4 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

Here is a picture of the power supply in my machine. Not sure what version it is.[quoted image]

That's what mine looks like.

#10172 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

You have the original power supply with the extra add-on improvement. Same as other original owners who subsequently paid for this upgrade. Some owners have decided to just stick with the original power supply only and forgo adding the supplementary unit.

So the one on the left is the original and the one on the right is the upgrade? What about the ones that are one big long box as seen above? They don't look like either of these.

#10192 4 years ago

I just got this game and I can definitely see why people play it a few times and give up. But if you stick with it you get a feel for it and it's really fun. It's a bargain right now. Definitely a game for the home. Great for being shut in.

#10199 4 years ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

Played it at an arcade and wasn't a huge fan. Get it in a house where you don't spend $1 per game and can hear the sounds and music and your opinion of the game ill change. The music is phenomenal as are the call outs. The game is difficult, very difficult but once you start hitting the shots the game wakes up. The theme integration is second to none and I would call this game American pinball's WOZ. The trunks shot is mostly hit and not much miss. There was a bulletin to take apart the assembly, wipe it down (basically the axle and all of the corresponding parts) and reassemble. It took care of the problem for me. No game plays 100% all of the time (see twilight zone ball lock, GB slimer or any other machine). It is a great machine with plenty to do and easy to understand after a few games. I would recommend it.

In my experience, the trunk is WAY more reliable than the GB slimer.

#10218 4 years ago

Anyone know if they are reading/answering support emails right now? I sent an email asking about getting the skill shot fix kit a couple days ago but I haven't heard anything.

#10220 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I believe they are, when they can.
Illinois is still on lockdown. So their committee rosh mentioned, are probably doing the best they can from home.
Shipping parts is probably slow right now too.
LTG : )

Yeah. I was thinking about ordering the shaker motor but I guess that can wait until this lockdown subsides.

#10233 4 years ago

I have to admit that I had sort of a poor impression of this game because it seemed like people sold them quickly after buying them, the prices kept falling, and I used to listen to that idiot kaneda trash it all the time... But I've had it a little over a week now and it's amazing. I'm glad I took a chance on it.

#10241 4 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

Ten days ago or so there was a lot of activity on the thread regarding the beta code. Not so much since. Any updated thoughts from those of you that are trying the new code?

I'm waiting until the bugs are worked out to try the new code. It doesn't matter how much great new content is in a code update. One serious bug can ruin it. When they finally updated the Ghostbusters code, they left a game breaking bug in the code where it couldn't find the ball during a certain mode if it went into the scoop. If that happened, the game could not continue. They never fixed it.

I look forward to the official release.

#10258 4 years ago

Still no response to my support email or service ticket. I guess they're just completely offline now.

1 week later
#10318 4 years ago

What's the strategy for hitting the milk can loop? So far I've been using dumb luck.

#10330 3 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I ordered the power supply upgrade, shaker motor, knocker, EOS switches and a few spare coils. Thanks to Shalin Shah working with me to place the order and get it shipped during all of this. At first I saw the 9 screws on the front of the power supply but did not see the information provided above the screws. I followed the directions to ensure I placed the wires in the correct place. It is late, so I will work on connecting the provided 6 pin molex connector, attaching ground, and moving the black and brown wires to the appropriate wall nut tomorrow.
Once I have the new power supply, then I will work on the other items. I already like the game (I made it easier so I can enjoy it more) so hopefully this will just make the game that much better.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How long did it take you to get your order? When did you order?

#10333 3 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I ordered on April 8 and got the order yesterday April 27.

Hmm. I requested the skill shot kit on April 6th, didn't get an acknowledgement until the 20th, and still haven't heard any word about it shipping.

#10341 3 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

Unless API has changed the kit since I got it, it's really just some instructions and a 3/16" black rubber. Sorry for the bad pics but that's the best I can do for now but hopefully it'll be legible. Essentially you remove the 7/16 ring that is around the 2 posts by the guide, bend the guide to touch the first post and put the 3/16 ring on the remaining post. If you don't have a 3/16" rubber ring, shoot me a PM and I'll send you one for free.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks. I think these instructions are on the website but I only read far enough to see there was a kit so I didn't know that was all. I guess I could just buy one.

I'm still trying to get my game dialed in. One problem I keep running into is the ball gets stuck on the lip of the stage door when it's open sometimes, and when it goes into ball search mode, the door just closes on it making it stuck. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there an easy way to fix it?

#10364 3 years ago

I played a few games on the beta code before going back to the last release. It felt pretty wonky and laggy to me, and I did encounter a few ball tracking issues. I didn't keep close track of issues, but I'd say the stuff on the screen had a hard time keeping up.

#10369 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I havent seen anything worse than what is already there.

Really? It felt a lot more unstable to me. The magic shop animations were usually out of sync. At least once per game I would have to wait for the ball search mode to realize that a ball was in a hole somewhere. The flow of the game definitely felt broken up. I'll try it again when it's out of beta.

#10390 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

hey houdini owner. how are you liking this game? i was debating to get it. more likely to get JP or met. but the price is right on this game.

I would get houdini based on cost/benefit. You can always sell it and get one of the other ones later. Houdini is packed with features. Maybe not one I'd keep forever but a good game to have at home for a while.

#10397 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Thanks. I think these instructions are on the website but I only read far enough to see there was a kit so I didn't know that was all. I guess I could just buy one.

Is there a good place to buy a small amount of rubbers online without a substantial shipping fee? I don't think AP ever sent my kit out and I want to get this fixed.

#10420 3 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I ordered these last night and they have already shipped!

Ok. Now I'm frustrated. I requested the skill shot kit over a month ago and they confirmed this morning that it still has not shipped, but I've seen several people in this thread put in more recent orders and have them shipped. I guess they only care about new money coming in and not supporting people that already paid for their NIB machines.

#10423 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yeah I don’t think they are prioritizing like that. Take a look a few pages back. The AP guys are on top of it. Possibly you got mixed up in the queue, or more likely your part wasn’t ready and others had an easier-to-source part.

It's a single post rubber...

Quoted from GSones:

Check out post 10335 for the fix. Not much involved with the fix except for one new rubber and a bit of bending.

Yeah. I would just buy a post rubber but I don't know where I could get one without a substantial shipping fee.

The service has really been exceptionally bad. They ignore emails and I've had to follow up several times to get acknowledgements and even so, after more than a month, I'm no closer to getting it than when I first asked. It's really dampened my enthusiasm for the game to have started every ball since I got it with a broken skillshot.

I get that this is a difficult time but I've seen several people talk about how their part/accessory orders placed after mine have gone out or been received. At this point I feel like they only send something out if it's a new paid order.

2 weeks later
#10495 3 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I think I need to mod my milkcan shot a bit. Somehow the ball defies physics and goes halfway in and then turns around and comes back out the same way. I get so mad when I need it and it spits it right back out haha. Maybe if I put a little clear mylar on the wall it will slow the ball down a bit and let gravity take over.

Mine does this too. It's like one of those illusions where it looks like a ball rolls up a hill when really it's rolling down. It defies all reason.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seenev.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread?tu=seenev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.