Topic Stats

• 10,152 posts
  • 576 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 minutes ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 156 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,344 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
213098D5-D611-4BEA-BB0D-D0E18F3A30FF (resized).jpeg
61D0124C-11F7-41B3-AFE3-719D673DB44F.jpeg
E06CC7A6-1D36-412C-A40C-A5A871860A5A.jpeg
5CE02EBD-3A99-4CB9-A711-F5CD6A485007.jpeg
DCDD8652-5591-462C-85A8-AA747BBA2783.jpeg
E2BA62F2-9288-4C8B-AC3B-4C81BE10AF10.jpeg
goodasnew (resized).JPG
fix (resized).JPG
broke (resized).JPG
Houdini after waxing (resized).jpg
DSC_4862 (resized).JPG
DSC_4831 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #145 Houdini Pinball initial flyer Posted by HighProtein (3 years ago)

Post #184 Initial reveal at TPF Posted by SilverballNut (3 years ago)

Post #190 Introductory Price of Houdini Posted by 1iblind (3 years ago)

Post #198 Initial Pictures of Machine Posted by lllvjr (3 years ago)

Post #229 Playfield Close-Up Pics Posted by bigd1979 (3 years ago)

Post #284 Machine feature details Posted by rosh (2 years ago)

Post #312 More feature details Posted by rosh (2 years ago)

Post #385 Double switch lane picture Posted by pinballrockstar (2 years ago)

Post #420 Pinball show appearance schedule for Houdini Posted by rosh (2 years ago)

Post #434 Houdini pics from Allentown show Posted by PinballSTAR (2 years ago)

Post #533 Official Houdini Flyer with features listed Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #535 Ball Counter graphic for game Posted by rosh (2 years ago)

Post #609 More mode and feature details from programmer Posted by rosh (2 years ago)

Post #639 More game system details from programmer Posted by rosh (2 years ago)

Post #978 Photos of the updated game for expo Posted by rosh (2 years ago)

Post #1000 Photos of the cabinet interior side art Posted by rosh (2 years ago)

Post #1287 Josh Kugler Interview Posted by konjurer (2 years ago)

Post #1357 Houdini Gameplay video Posted by rosh (2 years ago)

Post #2290 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by BarryJ (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider osro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7165 1 year ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

With 27 power it shoots the ball directly in the center, but it is about 1 cm low and hits the trunk. With 28 power the ball goes above the trunk and right. Seems like an adjustment to power 27.5 to coil would be good to have...

Background: I'm only owner on a Houdini machine that is level, at 6.5 degree incline, and has 1200 games on it. After installing the new power supply (which I did largely to fix the lower catapult issue) I'm experiencing similar behavior. I can't remember the exact power settings I have it at, but at X the catapult throws the ball dead center and it hits the front edge of the trunk which 50% of the time results in the ball bouncing in to the trunk and 50% of the time results in the ball bouncing out of the trunk and 100% of the time results in minor damage to the trunk. At X+1 strength the ball goes wide left 100% of the time. If the ball were going straight at X+1, it would likely hit the inside of the trunk's lid and perfectly fall in to the trunk. I'm no expert, but I feel like the ultimate solution involves the strength at X+1 with some adjustment in place to make the ball not go wide left.

I've done the API recommended lower catapult fix (pull off and cleaning) and that did not help. I know other fixes have been proposed, but with 7150 comments on this thread I'm unable to find them. Does anyone have any advice on how to handle this? I'd be very appreciative of any help.

Honestly at this point I'm so tired of jerking around with this feature on a new game that I'd be happy to buy and install a metal ramp that attaches to the back wall, and when a lower catapult throw goes wide left, catches the ball and diverts it in to the open trunk.

#7170 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

watch very closely when it fires, and see if is it nicking the plastic ramp. If the trajectory is a touch low, it can nip that ramp which will then send it left. Using the 'slomo' video on your phone can help spot if this is happening.

I'm at work and can't test this until later, but IF it turns out the ball is hitting the plastic ramp, what is the preferred resolution?

#7205 1 year ago
Quoted from Osro:

After installing the new power supply (which I did largely to fix the lower catapult issue) I'm experiencing similar behavior. I can't remember the exact power settings I have it at, but at X the catapult throws the ball dead center and it hits the front edge of the trunk which 50% of the time results in the ball bouncing in to the trunk and 50% of the time results in the ball bouncing out of the trunk and 100% of the time results in minor damage to the trunk. At X+1 strength the ball goes wide left 100% of the time.

Just want to give a quick shout out to the AMAZING customer support I received from Barry at API last night. I got him on the phone and he was able to help me get this whole thing straightened out in about 10 minutes. World class service!!

3 weeks later
#7505 1 year ago

What are y'all using to remove the nuts that hold down the play field pieces? 1/4" is too small, 5/16" is too big, 8mm is too small and 9mm would probably do it, but it feels loose. I checked with my digital caliper and they come out to 1/3" or 8.5mm. Is there some standardized pinball nut driver that I'm not aware of? I'm trying to install my cliffy set and am getting stumped at what I thought would be the easiest part...

p.s. I'm sure this has been covered, but I searching came up with nothing, so my apologies for the duplication.

nut_size (resized).jpg
#7559 1 year ago

I'm not sure if this has been reported or not, but I'm running the new code and when I try to launch a new game during the match sequence it attempts to start a game, but immediately ends the game and then shows the final score as being 0 and having taken 0 time. Is anyone else seeing this? I can put in another quarter and then start a new game after this, but the machine eats the quarter of the game I started during the match sequence. Yes, we use quarters in my home game

Also, perhaps I'm in the minority here, but I liked the speed of the previous flipper escape on the bonus screen. All in all the update is great though I really appreciate the continued support and improvements on an already amazing game!

NewGameBug0 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#8454 1 year ago

At the risk of being "that guy", I was curious if any consideration had been put into saving the top three or four high scores of the day? Getting to put your initials on a machine is always a fun novelty for new comers and it helps keep track of how well people are doing over the course of an evening get together or party. Alternately would that end up just being annoying when you most play by yourself?

I figure there's probably way more important work to be done, but wanted to throw that idea out there as it'd be transferable across different games.

Despite a few quirks I'm still loving Houdini! I've had mine since July and just put the 1510th game on it. I was also curious as to how many games other people's machines have on them if anyone is willing to divulge that info

#8457 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

JJP pins have daily high scores.

Not gonna lie, and I'm not going to name names or point fingers, but thats where the members of my party who's name isn't exclusively on our Houdini machine* got the idea...

*Except for Rosh damnit, I still haven't even gotten to the movie binge much less scored higher than him!!!!!!

4 weeks later
#8730 12 months ago

Last night I put in the 4.7 code and played about 20 singe player games without any issues.

Thanks for the continued support on such a great product guys!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider osro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside