Topic Stats

• 9,546 posts
  • 549 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 145 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,299 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

589BC2EF-C561-42E0-92EF-8B67A39956E5 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
3C660ABA-6E8C-43B6-85D5-6B33118E38BF (resized).jpeg
62EFECC8-BA9D-4D79-A02A-68A53AD5CD9A (resized).jpeg
7A6116FD-9304-4713-AD7B-F0E6195CF6F4 (resized).jpeg
39DBC57E-15D6-4F96-B05E-9D3421D61A38 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20190820_202241 (resized).jpg
20190820_202141 (resized).jpg
20190820_202203 (resized).jpg
20190820_215958 (resized).jpg
DA11DAC5-DB21-422A-927B-25CB029731CE (resized).jpeg
A180D515-A4B6-4430-A10E-2AA29E5C2A90 (resized).jpeg
4A525FA5-9F12-47C3-A3B7-97D4D986C6D1 (resized).jpeg
Houdini Haldane (resized).jpg
IMG_20190810_190510 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #145 Houdini Pinball initial flyer Posted by HighProtein (2 years ago)

Post #184 Initial reveal at TPF Posted by SilverballNut (2 years ago)

Post #190 Introductory Price of Houdini Posted by 1iblind (2 years ago)

Post #198 Initial Pictures of Machine Posted by lllvjr (2 years ago)

Post #229 Playfield Close-Up Pics Posted by bigd1979 (2 years ago)

Post #284 Machine feature details Posted by rosh (2 years ago)

Post #312 More feature details Posted by rosh (2 years ago)

Post #385 Double switch lane picture Posted by pinballrockstar (2 years ago)

Post #420 Pinball show appearance schedule for Houdini Posted by rosh (2 years ago)

Post #434 Houdini pics from Allentown show Posted by PinballSTAR (2 years ago)

Post #533 Official Houdini Flyer with features listed Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #535 Ball Counter graphic for game Posted by rosh (2 years ago)

Post #609 More mode and feature details from programmer Posted by rosh (2 years ago)

Post #639 More game system details from programmer Posted by rosh (2 years ago)

Post #978 Photos of the updated game for expo Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #1000 Photos of the cabinet interior side art Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #1287 Josh Kugler Interview Posted by konjurer (1 year ago)

Post #1357 Houdini Gameplay video Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #2290 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by BarryJ (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider malibu-ss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1848 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

Later in the day I watched for a few minutes as a half dozen were being loaded into a FEDEX semi trunk for at least two different distributors (I know at least a couple were for Nitro, so one of those was likely transptr4u's game).

Hopefully my game is in that batch!!!

3 weeks later
#2137 1 year ago

Mine is finally here!! Thank you Nitro Pinball!!!

Houd (resized).jpg

#2144 1 year ago

I was a little worried about the game as people kept posting how tight the shots are.I had never played Houdini and bought it blind.
Well I received my game yesterday and got to play it finally.I consider myself an average player and am so glad that although the shots may be a little tight......they are very doable.Now I just have to adjust the trunk shot a bit to make it more of a success

Thanks American Pinball for a great first game! The quality is amazing,game play is very satisfying and the game looks absolutely amazing.

Rick

P.S. Thanks to Tommy at Nitro Pinball for the great service!!

#2147 1 year ago
Quoted from spandol:

I'm worried that with the distance the ball travels, if it doesn't make it, some things are going to be breaking. Even if it makes it, I assume the inside of the truck is made to take the forceful hits its getting?

I thought about that last night as well.I have not really had time to check out the trunk yet,but I am sure it is made to take a hit,

#2148 1 year ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Moved it up 1 and now it hits it every time.

I am guessing you are talking the coil strength?...mine started of at 26 I have moved it up to 27....still a few misses

#2160 1 year ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

I’ve had a ball or too end prematurely due to a ball being released from the left post during play .

This happened to me last night as well....only once

1 week later
#2246 1 year ago

After updating I started Seance multiball.....I believe it only gave me one other ball,which i quickly lost,but seance multiball continued till I lost the ball......I am guessing this is not normal?
Also after the update I opened the stage and once it opened I would score points just hitting the flippers.It has only done this once

#2250 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

Never any points associated with the flippers, so wonder if there was a switch out of adjustment that was closing from the vibration, not sure what else it could be. Curious to see if anyone else sees this.

This happened right after the stage door opened,once it closed and reopened it did not happen again.

Quoted from rosh:

when you lost the second ball, and it ended, did the ball end immediately (e..g bonus kicked in) or was there any delay before going to bonus and/or did it first do a ball search? Sounds like it thought there was still two balls in play when that first one drained, so either there was and it was trapped someplace or it just thought there was (e.g. it believed it ejected a ball that actually failed). If the latter, I suspect an issue with scoop fall backs that is messing up the release of the second or third ball from the scoop. I'll have to try to replicate that so I can confirm and work on a fix for it

Ball ended and bonus was given immediately.I also thought maybe a ball was stuck somewhere,but it was not.

#2316 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Josh is a rock star in my book

I sent him an email on a Sunday,not expecting a reply till Monday.He responded 5 min later.Amazing

#2359 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

The side blades make the game look even more amazing.

I received my side blades today...cannot wait to install them

1 week later
#2452 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

There's some weird inconsistency with that scoop. Hitting the sling top corner is because the power for the coil is too high. But if you set it low enough so the ball barely kicks out and rolls in front of the right sling like it's SUPPOSED to, sometimes for no apparent reason it can't kick a ball up and out of the scoop. Without changing the power, I've noticed sometimes the ball is slow and other times it FLIES out of the scoop

mine does this as well.........if coil left at original setting.
If you turn the strength up one point it is better but you run the risk of the ball going straight down the middle..there is supposed to be a ball save attached to this but mine does not seem to work and I end up loosing the ball.It doesnt happen all the time,but enough to make me turn the setting back to stock for now
I am sure with time the will sort this out and it will be fixed up

#2471 1 year ago

mine has never went dark in Seance mode...Like Zeus said I have only had my GI go out in the film mode,with a bright light shining on the stage door

#2525 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Wet method install works perfectly and you don't have to remove the PF.

Really? Can you install playfield down? or up? I did notice that they are not as wide as others and wondered about that

#2587 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Added some metal copper gears to lane returns and lower slings. I think it looks factory.

That looks really good!!

#2633 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

Anyone else experiencing inconsistencies with general coil strengths? Lower canon, scoop, flipper strength all seem to change from game to game.

sometimes I think my flippers feel weak,then the next hit they are fine

#2636 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Could be street power fluctuations?

I doubt it.none of my other pins do this.....

#2661 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

That KISS Gene Eject ball save took about 2 years to show up.

well lucky for us that this is not a Stern title! I am sure it will be addressed in a timely manner with AP

#2695 1 year ago
Quoted from drummermike:

When playing single player I have noticed a few things. Sometimes the last e in séance is lit and points are given before the ball is plunged. Also the flippers being pressed will sometimes start adding points during the game when nothing is being hit.

I had this happen on my game..the E switch is getting stuck closed depending on how it is hit(pushed to the left).And hitting it again usually frees it up.The switch stack needs to be tightened up somehow....since there are riveted together not sure what to tell you

I cannot give you a solution as my E switch and N switch were reversed and once I switched them that problem has stopped so far

#2707 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

an we get an adjustment for hold voltage on the flippers? I'm really getting sick of losing the ball because the s-e-a targets bounce back with such force that it pushes the flipper down and drains

See if this setting helps..stopped that from happening on my game

Flipper Hold Boost

Use if you are finding flippers are being knocked down, can happen with a lower
power situation or with flippers power set
overly
strong
. Will add some buzz to the flippers.
Available in settings.

#2745 1 year ago

API has done an amazing job,in a very short time.The game is amazing and well worth the wait!!

#2821 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

Yes, besides looking better, these also use the same wrench as is used for the head -- one tool to do it all. I can understand the desire adding nylon bushing to it.

Actually the tool supplied does not work very well with the new bolts

#2924 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Looks good , I'm waiting for Dan at Tilttoppers to finish his ... Coming soon! Big fan of his work.

If it looks anything like their LOTR topper,looks like i will be spending some money

2 weeks later
#3318 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I've never seen so many people so thin-skinned over a pinball machine insulting your missed shots, lol. I think the insults are all pretty fun and well done.

I love the insults....too funny.
Maybe API can look into an optional tissue dispenser in case someone gets hurts feelings??

1 week later
#3453 1 year ago
Quoted from ElectricLou:

Sorry if this has been already answered/solved..
Is there a way to get rid of the ghosting lights from chain inserts on the PF?
It is really hard to make a difference between what « modes/missions » has been done or not.
Thsnks!
Lou

I do not think they are ghosting....they are dim on purpose....and get brighter when you do the task...I think

#3487 1 year ago

my Houdini plays the same when I have 30 other games turned on in my game room as it does with none of the games turned on...Houdini is on a plug with 5 other games and I notice no difference at all.Once I set up the catapult it is about 99% successful.

#3503 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Well, this happened:
Second or third time I hit the trunk, this metal bracket crashed down onto the PF! I think it covers the LED strip in the backboard, but I can’t figure out how to reattach it. Help!

Happened to me also

2 weeks later
#3949 1 year ago

Having a problem with the ball trough.Takes multiple trys to get the ball out....have tried many different coil strengths.no difference.Looked at the assembly and everything looks good and nothing is loose,any ideas?

#3962 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

Is it hitting rail and falling back or not making it out?

once the coil strength is higher it does,cant seem to find a happy medium.

Quoted from vireland:

Does the ball come out and bounce back, or just never comes out? Have you tried moving the coil plunger manually to make sure it's not binding? What's the resistance on the coil? Maybe it's bad and just weak.

The plunger moves freely and sometimes the trough works 100%

Quoted from LTG:Same trough used by many manufacturers. If coil settings don't help. Watch the ball coming up. If it hits the flap that should divert it to the shooter lane and go back down. This WOZ fix will help. You need to bend the flap out a tiny bit.
http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html
LTG : )

Thank you...I will check this out and see if it helps.

It has always done this...now it keeps getting worse...to the point that it is annoying
Thanks

#4009 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Same trough used by many manufacturers. If coil settings don't help. Watch the ball coming up. If it hits the flap that should divert it to the shooter lane and go back down. This WOZ fix will help. You need to bend the flap out a tiny bit.
http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html
LTG : )

Well I tried this and it seemed to work great........until I played the game for a while....then it returned....so I watched and it just does not have the same power. Going to try and play it tonight and see if it does the same thing once the game is warm

#4021 1 year ago

ok.so had some time to play....ohmed out the trough coil before starting....3.6 ohms......played roughly for 1/2 hour and ball started having issues kicking out....measured the coil resistance..still 3.6 ohms....any ideas?

#4023 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

What's the upkicker coil strength set to in the settings? Does the coil plunger move freely when you move it by hand?

i have tried many different coil settings.....no difference.....for the first 1/2 hour the game works like a charm....once it warms up the coil only kicks it up about 1/2 way
All mechanical parts of the trough move freely

#4025 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

You've checked coil resistance, but have you checked voltage at the coil? Cold and then a half hour later? See if it's still getting the same voltage?
Are any other coils weak (flippers, slings) when the trough kicker goes weak?

I will do voltage next time....only trough seems to be problem...everything else seems fine

#4040 1 year ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Voltage is definitely a problem with Houdini. I haven’t measured it yet, but I suspect a few volts is enough for the lower catapult and VUK to miss/fail. Just having one other pin on the same circuit is enough. I’ve not seen a pin this sensitive to voltage changes before.

I have 5 other pins on the same circuit.....game plays the same with all 6 games on as it does with only Houdini

Something is wrong with my game....but I dont think voltage is my concern

2 weeks later
#4299 1 year ago
Quoted from Josho:

Would someone be able to explain to me the functioning of the magnets?
I understand that the magnets beneath Houdini's hands activate briefly when the "magic" switches are hit, but isn't there a third magnet? If so, where is it and what activates it?
Thanks,
Josh

It is in his chin,and I have noticed it in the seance mode

2 months later
#5615 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok I have a Crazy suggestion but as you have said you Love the game I personally think the PinStadium lights look Amazing on this title and are very much needed. IF you did those lights the rails would actually cover that tear and you would solve 2 problems with one solution! Just a thought and No I don't work for Scott. lol

If people are having trouble lifting the playfield now....there would be no way you would be able to lift it with the pinstadium magnets in place

2 weeks later
#5879 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I have never, ever had to buy a variac to make a machine work.
You and I have made many posts.
I do feel at a certain point or posts go ignored by AP.
Ive spoken with both Barry and Josh in the past months regarding this power issue.
I love my game, not selling it. I feel American Pinball and the entire team have created a great game and company. Several companys have come and gone these past 8 years. JJP is the only one left to survive. AP has done everything right and there business model was very well done.....But, and a Big But.
1- Make a daughter board to fix the bad transformer.
2- If game 2 has this same design, I may very well may never buy it.
3-This design flaw has to be fixed!
4- I personally would not ship another game to this power issue is fixed.
5-No customer should have to buy any supporting power source to make a NIB work.
Thank you American pinball for all your excellent customer service, and it is much better than Stern.
However the time has come to fix the most important issue for NIB there is.

Well said!!!

I have this issue from time to time as well....very frustrating..

I spoke with Joe Balcer about this at the Vancouver Flipout expo

Quoted from rosh:

again, if you are having power issues, and not everyone does, please be sure to open a service ticket via the website. I can assure you we are not ignoring this issue.

Looks like I will have to open up a ticket

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 399.95
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider malibu-ss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside