Topic Stats

• 8,890 posts
  • 534 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by zahner
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,214 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190419_134025 (resized).jpg
20190419_132939 (resized).jpg
20190419_135208 (resized).jpg
20190419_132855 (resized).jpg
20190419_133359 (resized).jpg
20190419_132925 (resized).jpg
20190419_133054 (resized).jpg
20190419_133117 (resized).jpg
20190419_135240(0) (resized).jpg
20190417_204330 (resized).jpg
20190415_210345 (resized).jpg
20190414_123824 (resized).jpg
BC7F7E2B-BF1A-4D00-8C90-D2CDD892C1D4 (resized).jpeg
2013-07-16_065304 (resized).jpg
20190410_175310 (resized).jpg
3A370047-C0F5-426E-92DB-6BBA6E18D874 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #145 Houdini Pinball initial flyer Posted by HighProtein (2 years ago)

Post #184 Initial reveal at TPF Posted by SilverballNut (2 years ago)

Post #190 Introductory Price of Houdini Posted by 1iblind (2 years ago)

Post #198 Initial Pictures of Machine Posted by lllvjr (2 years ago)

Post #229 Playfield Close-Up Pics Posted by bigd1979 (2 years ago)

Post #284 Machine feature details Posted by rosh (2 years ago)

Post #312 More feature details Posted by rosh (2 years ago)

Post #385 Double switch lane picture Posted by pinballrockstar (2 years ago)

Post #420 Pinball show appearance schedule for Houdini Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #434 Houdini pics from Allentown show Posted by PinballSTAR (1 year ago)

Post #533 Official Houdini Flyer with features listed Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (1 year ago)

Post #535 Ball Counter graphic for game Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #609 More mode and feature details from programmer Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #639 More game system details from programmer Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #978 Photos of the updated game for expo Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #1000 Photos of the cabinet interior side art Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #1287 Josh Kugler Interview Posted by konjurer (1 year ago)

Post #1357 Houdini Gameplay video Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #2290 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by BarryJ (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider libtech.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#394 2 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

100% confirmed! I played Houdini in Texas....absolutely love this pin and working with AP!

Probably no chance of one making it to yegpin hey?

7 months later
#1369 1 year ago

Looks awesome! Been waiting on a gameplay vid you can actually hear the game, Im in

1 week later
#1486 1 year ago

Thats great! Wish I were closer to chicago!

#1554 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Looking forward to the release! Updated. Website, test machines in the wild. Looking good for delivery soon (fingers crossed)

For sure! Wonder if a few guys will get one for Christmas

#1556 1 year ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

According to Tommy it's probably not going to happen.

I know we in Canada are screwed lol, but thought maybe they may squeak a few out in the US?

#1583 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

As I have said previously, to me production is when machines are going off the line, and while we have a few dozen cabinets ready and a couple of dozen playfields that are > 90% done, they are not rolling off the line. However, I expect that to change in the next couple of days, as we got most of the missing parts earlier this week and the last missing items, I am being told, will be here tomorrow. Accordingly, unless some new issue pops up, always a possibility, I would expect that machines will start rolling off the line next week. I will say that the first couple of dozen games will go through the standard testing and inspection done by our production team, but these first machines will also be individually inspected by Joe, Jim and myself. Once those machines pass inspection, they will be shipping. Our stated goal has always been to start shipping games before end of year. We are going to do everything we can to get as many out the door as we can.

I actually had planned to use their phrase in another way in the game, but it such cryptic phrase I did not feel it worked for what I had intended. Still thinking about match, I have some more important things to work on first, plus I need to give you guys something to look forward to.

Yes it will, but there are a few extra balls that can be enabled to help you get there, and some settings to make it easier to earn Houdini letters. Not sure why you guys like to put the depth (or reverse flippers) on Balcer. Joe does not get involved in the rules very much, he is all about creating great playfield designs that are unique and challenging, as well as engineering the game to be reliable and easy to maintain. Watching him work and how he approaches things and make just small adjustments to make it shoot better, remove ball traps, etc. has been really impressive to me. Joe did have a few requests of things he wanted me to include, such as having 'ball drain modes' and having a video mode, and I was happy to oblige, just as he was happy to oblige some of my requests on the playfield. His previous games that had great depth, (TSPP, Woz, etc.), I believe the rules were primarily driven by Keefer, who has done the coding on some of my favorite games. It is my impression that each designer has his own desired level of involvement in rules, running along a wide spectrum of barely involved to heavily driving it. Ultimately all good pinball machines are the result of a collaborative effort, with many folks providing input and perspective into its design, rules, look, animations, etc.

Funny thing is you can sort of do this now in Straitjacket multiball when going reverse and inverted, since the flipper default to being up, although, you would only have about 2 minutes, since if both flippers remain up for that length of time the game will automatically drop them. I will consider this for a later release.

For those who have been following along, you know that some of the 'dislikes' can be resolved (or will be resolvable) via settings. Notably the length of the verbal instructions, and giggling sling shot women. As far as the cartoony comment, our goal was to be true and honorable to this amazing man, and we decided going with a cartoony caricature was not in sync with that goal. Like with all pinball art, it is very subjective.

Great update, thanks! Best of luck reaching your goal of shipping this year.

1 week later
#1617 1 year ago

Sweet! If I didnt just grab a DILE that would have been me

#1621 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Will post when it arrives , your more than welcome to come over and play it!

Love to! I appretiate the invite!

1 month later
#2011 1 year ago

transprtr4u was kind enough to have me over for a few games today, and this game is very impressive.

It is a hard game as the shots are very tight but the layout, lighting, sounds and build quality are all top notch, even better looking in person too!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 129.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 9.00
Playfield - Other
Hdmike mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Massillon, OH
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 32.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 229.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Mods for your pinballs
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider libtech.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside