20180426_162959 (resized).jpg
76C6C594-C5E2-42C3-B0BA-DC6FB65B5334 (resized).png
33583E42-C6C2-435C-B301-C95470FBEA1F (resized).png
IMG_1470 (resized).jpeg
20230531_171203 (resized).jpg
20230530_210512 (resized).jpg
0F6D3A86-9F6A-43B3-A1FA-F4155ECAB32A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #145 Houdini Pinball initial flyer Posted by HighProtein (7 years ago)

Post #184 Initial reveal at TPF Posted by SilverballNut (7 years ago)

Post #190 Introductory Price of Houdini Posted by 1iblind (7 years ago)

Post #198 Initial Pictures of Machine Posted by lllvjr (7 years ago)

Post #229 Playfield Close-Up Pics Posted by bigd1979 (7 years ago)

Post #284 Machine feature details Posted by rosh (7 years ago)

Post #312 More feature details Posted by rosh (7 years ago)

Post #385 Double switch lane picture Posted by pinballrockstar (7 years ago)

Post #420 Pinball show appearance schedule for Houdini Posted by rosh (6 years ago)

Post #434 Houdini pics from Allentown show Posted by PinballSTAR (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamaster10.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#250 7 years ago

I have seen the development of this game over the last few months, and to have two shooting games built in less then a few weeks is epic. These guys spent 12-16 hours a day or more to get this ready for the TPF roll out. I have personally seen it from the start of the measurements, art work, design, and cad drawings ,on to the Toys from Back Alley Creations, Laser cut parts from laseriffic and others till now a flipping game. These guys hit this deep into center field over the wall with this one. Hats off to all involved @ American Pinball.
I was lucky enough to get to shoot this game for over 3 hours of testing and programming ( from Josh ) last Monday Evening, yes there are some tough shots on the game as well as easier ones, It's Pinball!, Tougher games aggravate you, make you a better player, and bring you back for more fun.

Pincades
Jesse T

1 week later
#292 7 years ago

HHHHMMMMMMM Who will be bringing it there?????????

#295 7 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Just some troublemaker we know, who is going to show up at our offices earlier than I would like

#354 7 years ago

Pincades of Chicago Land is proud too announce they are a Distributor for American Pinball Inc. We transported and helped show this game at the Midwest gaming Classic in Milwaukee last weekend with great response, lots of interest and some pre-orders. $100.00 Deposit (Fully Refundable) gets you on the list for when games are available to us. The quicker you are on our list sooner you will get a game when they are available. We are in NW Indiana. NO TAX if delivered to IL, WIS, OH, ETC.
219-924-PINS(7467)

Shipping in late 2017 NOT SUMMER!!!

Email us [email protected]

Pincades
Jesse T

2 weeks later
#419 6 years ago

Pincades of Chicago Land is proud too announce they are a Distributor for American Pinball Inc. We transported and helped show this game at the Midwest gaming Classic in Milwaukee with great response, lots of interest and some pre-orders. ONLY $100.00 Deposit (Fully Refundable) gets you on the list for when games are available to us. The quicker you are on our list sooner you will get a game when they are available. We are in NW Indiana. NO TAX if delivered to IL, WIS, OH, Basically outside IN ETC.
219-924-PINS(7467)

Shipping in late 2017

WE will take trades as well on all new pins we sell!!!!!!!

Email us [email protected]

Pincades
Jesse T

1 week later
#496 6 years ago

Remember Chicago Land and everybody outside of IN, NO tax.
$100.00 holds you a spot!!!!, Lots of interest and people calling and sending deposits.
We will also take trades ins on games .
[email protected]
Pincades
JT

1 week later
#543 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

That is a joke right?
Leds around the edges?
Please, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I have seen the cabinet with the test leds, its pretty cool looking, you can always shut them off!!!
Pincades
AP Dist.
JT

3 weeks later
#635 6 years ago

Just figured with all the talks on the game lately, I would throw this out there again. $100.00 preorder deposit gets you on the pre order list for a Houdini. Fully refundable. remember no tax if delivered out side of my state IN.
Pincades
219-924-(PINS) 7467

1 month later
#697 6 years ago

Going to try and get a Chicago location started
WIll post more info soon!!
Pincades
AP Dist.
Jesse T

1 month later
#777 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

We do need a organized list of Dealers that will offer these nationwide. A coast to coast list would be nice.
I dont think cointaker is on the Houdini list, i could be wrong.

Pincades of Northwest Indiana is a Authorized Distributor for American Pinball. Seen this game and design from the ground up!!
Great game Great Flow and Lots of Great Talent and Dedication going into this build.

Come see us @ Chicago Pinball Expo, Play some Houdini and if you decide its something you want to get in on.

ONLY $100.00 gets u on the list. Fully Refunadable
[email protected]

Pincades
JT

4 weeks later
#864 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

More, we want to see MORE!!!

Come by and see us at the AP booth @ expo next week for more
Pincades
AP Dist.

Jesse T

1 month later
#1345 6 years ago

Happy Turkey Day to All
Lots of great response!
Deposits are fully refundable until your game goes into production.

Have a Great Day

1 week later
#1478 6 years ago

Alright who has been to Level 257 to play Houdini. It was put out on Friday for test.
If anyone locally or out of state is ready to order one up. $100.00 deposit locks you in.
Remember if it is delivered out of Indiana, No Tax!! Saves $$$

$6995.00

Pincades
Jesse T.

#1501 6 years ago

I will try to get out there and get some vids of the game for you fellas in the next few days.
Lmk when you guys are ready to put down a deposit.
Pincades
JT

1 week later
#1572 6 years ago

I will second that the Shipping starts in December. Taking more orders guys. Remember delivered out of IN saves $$$.

Pincades
Chicago Area Dist.
JT

1 week later
#1618 6 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

I will second that the Shipping starts in December. Taking more orders guys. Remember delivered out of IN saves $$$.
Still have the holiday special through new years.
Pincades
Chicago Area Dist.
JT

Pincades will have plenty in stock next Year (2018)
Give us a call, we are the closest out of state (no tax to IL locals or out of state) Distributor to AP (62 miles) we pick up at the factory!! We offer local delivery to the Chicago Land Area, as well as arranging shipping to other areas.
Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!
219-924-PINS (7467)
219-808-6063

Jesse T

1 week later
#1705 6 years ago

Pincades
#2, #3 Games are in the wild: Geeks Mania , Madison WI. &
Analog Arcade Bar, Davenport Iowa

Have Fun
JT

geeksmaniahoudidi (resized).jpeggeeksmaniahoudidi (resized).jpeg

#1726 6 years ago
Quoted from wepeel9er:

Hey guys - this is Kyle Carter, Co-Founder at Analog Arcade Bar and I can vouch that the game plays great and people are loving it. Particularly, our pinball league crew is loving it the most. The shots are very challenging and hardcore pinball fans are really enjoying their time with it already. We're thrilled to be one of the first few locations in the world to have Houdini! I'm really looking forward to see how the game evolves with updates, etc. as well.
We hope to see some of you in Davenport, IA (Quad Cities) to give it a try for yourself! Check out our Facebook and Instagram pages if you'd like to see more videos.
Thanks again to our partner Rich who put this together for us and kudos to American Pinball!

Sweet!! Must have been a great Distributor to get you that game in 2 degree weather. LOL

You guys should check this place out if your in the area, great place, nice selection on pins and more..

Pincades
JT

2 weeks later
#1864 6 years ago

FYI Chicago Land
Just Dropped off a Houdini for route, to Gavin' s Game service (Aka Gavin Miller ) This will be on location in one of his stops. I'm sure it will be put on the pin map locator as well today or tomorrow. I will Post as well where it is.

I will also be setting up another Houdini locally in a Nw Indiana for a location to be determined.

Was at the factory yesterday. Thongs are moving along at a quick pace at AP, as Rosh posted pics of earlier. Everything looks great there, lots of assembly line adjusting, playfields being populated, cabinets being assembled, games being boxed, and a lot of dedication for a great product going out!!!

Thinking about a Houdini night for the local or non local pinheads somewhere to come out and play (with food and beverages) for an evening on Pincades.

I will be attending some shows throughout the spring/early summer schedule, (Allentown, Kentucky Arcade Expo, MGC, maybe Ohio and a few other to be determined, if your looking for a new or used pin LMK.

Pincades
JT

#1899 6 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

Just got home, was up at the AP factory today. Got to spend some time with Joe and Rosh. I picked up one that im putting out on location in St Louis next week. I did get one of the "D" games, and wow, if this is how picky they are going to be with quality control. You will be VERY happy.
My machine was not boxed up yet. SO I ask Ryan, can you show me the "defect". He told me to take some time and see if i could find it. I did know that mine had a defect near the right sling, so i concentrated on that. After about 5 minutes, i still say nothing. Then he pulls out a piece of paper that has my serial number on it has a picture of the playfield, with a marker circling where the defect was. I look back at the playfield, and still never saw it. If QC is that picky where i couldn't find a flaw when it is pointed out to me. Then im going to be very happy with this company
THanks for taking the time to talk today guys, it was a pleasure coming up there
Troy

Your Welcome! LOL

#1930 6 years ago

Guys I will be putting out a Houdini on location this week somewhere in Nw Indiana. I will announce the location soon.
Been trying to get them spread out to some customers on locations.
1. Geeks mania-Madison WI
2.Analog- Davenport Iowa
3.Padavans St. Louis (I know Troy will be moving locations periodically with his Houdini)
4.D Men Tap on Chicago's northwest side (Gavin's Game Service)
5.Nw Indiana (Mine) Will post this week!
Pincades
JT

#1953 6 years ago

Pincades of Indiana (Chicago Land Area) has a Houdini @ Tyler's Tender in Schererville, IN
You can find it on the locator map as well with there hours and location.
There current line up is now updated.

It will be there till my show season starts in March.
Any questions on ordering one 219-924-PINS(7467) phone only
or 219-808-6063 text or call.

Thanks
and enjoy
Pincades
Jesse t

20180130_223946 (resized).jpg20180130_223946 (resized).jpg

20180130_223957 (resized).jpg20180130_223957 (resized).jpg

20180130_224005 (resized).jpg20180130_224005 (resized).jpg

#1980 6 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Pincades of Indiana (Chicago Land Area) has a Houdini @ Tyler's Tender in Schererville, IN
You can find it on the locator map as well with there hours and location.
There current line up is now updated.
It will be there till my show season starts in March.
Any questions on ordering one 219-924-PINS(7467) phone only
or 219-808-6063 text or call.
Thanks
and enjoy
Pincades
Jesse t

Quick Friday bump for those who didn't catch this the first time.
Will do a local party soon!!!!!!!!!!

#2005 6 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Quick Friday bump for those who didn't catch this the first time.
Will do a local party soon!!!!!!!!!!

pulled audits yesterday
almost 100 plays since Tuesday at 10 pm

#2027 6 years ago

I will be updating the Houdini @ Tyler's Tender today to 18.2.1.

Quoted from konjurer:

I drove 90 minutes to check out Houdini at the Analog Arcade in Davenport, Iowa.
Here's my most controversial thought while playing Houdini... it ocassionally played like Ghostbusters; and I strongly dislike Ghostbusters. Houdini can be brutal. The power on the right flipper was lacking and I could not backhand shots all the way up the ramp. The ball flew off the left wireform right down the middle twice on my first game. Several times the magnet threw the ball down the outlanes. The center post seemed dead... unlike STDM Zach's machine where the ball would nicely bounce back to a flipper, a straight-on drain would just die off the post like a wounded duck. Frequently, the ball save would shoot at the ESC targets and drain immediately. The ball got stuck on the switch several times when coming back down the Key Lane. The pops are not nearly as lively as a Stern - wonder if that is adjustable?? Houdini drove me crazy and I said many bad words in anger during my time with it.
OK, I got the negatives out of the way. I freaking loved it. Played for 2 hours and my games got better as I went. The left shots are pretty easy to hit. The right shots are tight and hard... but not impossible for a below average player like myself. I got to see the catapult at least 12 times. So that shot is not impossible at all.
I'm not going to repeat all the good stuff that's already been said about Houdini. My key take aways were
* it's absolutely beautiful, easily the most beautiful, detailed pinball machine I've seen in person, wow!
* the game makes it very easy to understand what you are supposed to be doing
* one of the best games where the modes actually mean something
* Josh did a fantastic job of integrating magic and Houdini's escapes into the modes
* the card flinging video mode is very clever
* the playfield design is very, very good. Love the pops, gobble hole and theater area
* anything negative I said about the animations I now take back - well done!
* this is a stop and go game. On those "stop" moments the backbox display is really helpful. Not just random animations.
* Music and callouts are really well done
* there is so much to do in this game!
Houdini is loaded and has excellent value for the money. More excited than ever to get mine now.

Did you ask them to make any adjustments? (Analog)
They are great fellas there, They take good care of the pins.
I sold them there Houdini.

Pincades
JT.

#2030 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Not really, what you have is 18.2.1T, the testing version of the release and you will want to upgrade it with the official release once it comes out. I'll be reviewing logs data today from about 200 games of play to see if there are any issues of substance that would prevent its official release.

I stand corrected LOL

3 weeks later
#2243 6 years ago

If your in the area this weekend My self "Pincades" Chicago Area American Pinball Dist. will be @ the Louisville Show with a Houdini with the inside art blades on my game. Look for the Tall Pincades Banner to play Houdini. I will also mention a fellow dist. Flipinout will be there as well with one to play.
Come play one of the most talked about and new pinball machines available to order. get your deposits in today or soon!

See ya at the show
Pincades
JT

#2267 6 years ago

Pincades is in the building @ Louisville arcade expo
Come on by and play Houdini

20180302_111237 (resized).jpg20180302_111237 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2371 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I just wanted to get the info out that all this order of who gets what is very regimented with not just AP but every company. You are in line, we are in line, and we all want it done fairly. I just felt an explanation would be helpful.. We all get there's a lot of angst and anticipation at this stage... We expect it... We see people wait for 6 months patiently then when the first game ships everyone gets 'excited'... We love that, but we also need to be realistic... I learned early on to not 'tease' or guess dates even if I wasn't trying to be untruthful, people take what you say as gold, even if it's a guess... I personally prefer to do these sort of lengthy explanations to customers so I am transparent and they understand the process vs just being told '2 months, it's coming'. The truth right now is no distributor unless you're next on their list has a firm handle on when we are getting what... I get mad when I hear 'I can get you a game next week' I know it's BS, upsets customers who are waiting their turn, and it makes us all look bad. We can guess timeframes, but the process is JUST starting and the team at AP will get there soon where they can tell me 'you've got 10 coming in the next 30 days' or whatever and then we can go to our customers with firm answers. It's just still early is all and the reality is not many have shipped in the whole scheme of things, and for good reasons mentioned above. I can tell you what happens having lived through WOZ, the Hobbit, and other roll outs that took a long time - in a few weeks, or months you'll have your game and the few weeks or months you waited and were anxious will be a distant memory and all we'll be talking about is gameplay, how to complete modes, how to backhand this shot or that shot, somebody got to the wizard mode, etc.. Have fun, be nice, these guys will deliver - nobody wants your game in your basement more than AP and your distributor ! : )
Joe

As a fellow AP Dist. and others. What he is saying is true as far as the build quality, making sure games are right before they are boxed, and the I can get it to you next week is BS. Lots of us distributors get calls and email's everyday about availability of games. We get the, this guy says this and this says that BS. I can tell you that part of the team there (Joe, Jim, Brian, and of Course Ryan) have become my friends over the years and are no bull shit in quality, or spending and extra $$ if something needed improvement with the first test games. Fellas I seen this game when it was a piece of wood and just a catapult and can tell you not as just a dist., but as a player this is a hit for there first game.
The bottom line is there are only so many hand picked distributors out there to buy from, they chose us because they know we will support AP and our customers.

Have a great day and happy flipping.
See you at shows.

Pincades
AP Dist.

Jesse T.

#2420 6 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Anyone install their own art blades? Mine were supposed to be done at factory, but were not. Distributor sent me a set to do myself. They are so very thin. Ripped one trying to install it. These are the thinnest and stickiest blades I have ever tried to install. I can usually install the stern or tilt ones without taking out the playfield. No go on these. I hope they send me a replacement.

I put a set on my show game few weeks ago before the Louisville show. First remove the playfield (very easy to do) Best bet is to Windex it very well and squeegee them down.
I had a set on in 15 min.

FYI make sure your dist. requests them on at the factory.

I have a few of my upcoming customers game being done at the factory..

I will be at the Ohio show on the 22nd with Houdini and other games to be determined.

Pincades
AP Dist.
Jesse t

#2469 6 years ago

UPDATE

Come to the Pincades
Booth @ the Ohio Pinball Show Starts Thursday 3-22-18

Pincades
Jesse T

#2513 6 years ago

For those Attending the OHIO PINBALL SHOW

There will be 2 Houdini's to play @ the show, myself PINCADES, as well as Abel Electronics will have one to play.
Stop by and see us.
See ya soon.

Pincades
Jesse T

#2696 6 years ago

Pincades Booth @ the Ohio SHow

20180322_150740 (resized).jpg20180322_150740 (resized).jpg
20180324_154742 (resized).jpg20180324_154742 (resized).jpg
20180322_150724 (resized).jpg20180322_150724 (resized).jpg
20180322_150713 (resized).jpg20180322_150713 (resized).jpg

#2747 6 years ago

Houdini @ MGC (Midwest Gaming Classic)
There will be 4 Houdini's to play, stop by the Pincades/? Booth to play and check out the show specials and add on's.

JT

#2784 6 years ago

Here is a link to the manual https://www.american-pinball.com/support/
Don't for get to check your games to stay with the newest code 18.2.27
FYI. there are some cool new things being added to the code from what I overheard LOL.
See ya @ MGC

Pincades
API Dist.
JT

1 week later
#2934 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Congratulations on best Birthday Gift ever!
What number did you get?

He now owns Game #153
Enjoy
Pincades
JT

1 week later
#3115 6 years ago

Pincades Booth MGC 2018

Nonstop over 1200 games on each (4 Houdini's) machine in less then 73 hours.

Give us a call or PM us for current delivery times on a new Houdini.

See you @ Allentown Pinfest.

Pincades
JT

20180414_204405 (resized).jpg20180414_204405 (resized).jpg

20180414_204404 (resized).jpg20180414_204404 (resized).jpg

20180413_181258 (resized).jpg20180413_181258 (resized).jpg

20180413_181200 (resized).jpg20180413_181200 (resized).jpg

#3132 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Clearly you have not recovered from the show, since I am pretty sure you mean 'across' not 'on each'. And while I know it felt like 73 hours it was more like 48.

yes I did mean on 4 total, sheesh! LOL
And I calculated around 43 hours sir. dam fat fingers, sevens to close to the four.

JT

1 week later
#3363 6 years ago

Pincades - Authorized American Pinball Distributor will be selling Houdini's & will have Show games @ Pinfest May 4th and 5th 2018
Stop by and see us for a free gift.

MAGIC GLASS AVAIALBLE
PRE OREDER FOR THE SHOW
$295.00 Each.

LMK what how many you need!! Prior to Next Tuesday May 1st.
I ll bring to the show.

One again I will have a little room available if someone needs some thing from Chicago to Pinfest..

Pincades
219-924-PINS(7467) Calls
219-808-6063 Text of Calls

Jesse T

#3448 5 years ago

I am bringing magic glass to Allentown!!!

#3488 5 years ago

Pincades
Houdini Update: I will have 2 left for sale @ the Show
These are NIB games that will be opened and used in my booth on Friday and Sat.
These will have Magic Glass & Art Blades Installed with them. $400 in Add Ons.
These will be for Sale on A first come first serve. The Price is $7100.00 (Savings of over $300 on a open box game)
Feel free to contact me via PM or call me 219-808-6063. calling me will be quicker.

I have 6 Sheets of Magic Glass Left Available @ 295.00 a Sheet.

I will take some reasonable priced games on trade for nib pre orders.

See ya @ The Show
Pincades
Jesse T

#3600 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

A mini infomercial for the Awesome Houdini!! The Mod Couple is Proud to introduce our first Custom mods for the Magical Houdini!!! Behold, "The Water Torture Mod" Ahhhhh. lol It took us a long time to get this beautiful machine so we thought we would start off with a highly detailed first step. The Water Torture Mod is fully plug and play like all of our products and completely reversible. We tried to honor the beauty of this game and the mystery that is Houdini. Each mod is hand made with exacting detail with airbrush and hand painted details down to the bubbles and fish glass lenses! Color changing LED effects give a spooky yet theme correct look. Small custom details done in 3D such as the HH monogram and hand painted raised rivets. Authentic 1912 Houdini image Colorized by hand via Mama Mod Couple for a unique flare. A Mod fitting that of the master magician himself! This kit includes all mounting hardware complete with step my step instructions and color photos to ensure a perfect installation. These kits are in final assembly and will start shipping Next Week! Total cost for the kit will be $85 plus $7.25 US shipping. These take Many hours to produce but we believe this game deserves a custom fit! PM for interest or questions. Thank you for your interest in our products!!!
The Mod Couple!

Will this void your warranty????

#3743 5 years ago

Few Pics from My Allentown Booth & Tournament Diamond Sponsor

I will have games available in the next few weeks!!!

Pincades
Jesse T.

20180504_094552 (resized).jpg20180504_094552 (resized).jpg

20180504_094603 (resized).jpg20180504_094603 (resized).jpg

20180504_094607 (resized).jpg20180504_094607 (resized).jpg

20180504_094612 (resized).jpg20180504_094612 (resized).jpg

20180505_121205 (resized).jpg20180505_121205 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#4088 5 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Fun Shot I'm learning
» YouTube video

I tell every customer of person in my booth at a show. Easiest way to make the shot!
Pincades
JT

1 week later
#4273 5 years ago

Houdini's in stock BEST shipping prices.
Have a great week end

Pincades
JT

2 weeks later
#4570 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Tilt Bob -- I believe you got your game from Jesse, so, you probably need to ask him about it, guessing he never installed it.
Check the gapping on the switches, the shirt position and its placement in the spoon, also makes sure the switch contacts are totally clean. Also check there there are washers where the ring connects to the yoke (if there is enough thread you can also look to add an additional washer).
If this does not help, contact Barry

Why would I install it. that's no fun.

Yes he bought it from me. spoke to him early am yesterday.

#4571 5 years ago

LETS PUT SOME BOOM MAGICAL BOOM INTO THE HOLIDAY
Independence day special!!! Pincades is covering delivery to your driveway within the Chicago land area, on a NIB Houdini.
(Some restrictions apply, we do offer white glove set up as well for a fee.)

Pincades

1 week later
#4707 5 years ago

Houdini's are in stock. Any combination available! Blades, Shaker, Magic Glass, Or No add on's. Your Choice.
We offer Delivery and set up services as well in the Chicago Land Area
Pincades

1 week later
#4850 5 years ago

Come out and Play Houdini August 9,10, 11 2018 @ The Indiana Pinball Show in Fort Wayne, IN in the PINCADES BOOTH
I will have at least 2, maybe more open box show games as well as boxed games for sale.
Best shipping and delivery prices!!!
We can bring Magic Glass if pre-ordered
Contact us 219-924-PINS (7467)
Pincades
Jesse T

20180504_094603 (resized).jpg20180504_094603 (resized).jpg
#4892 5 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Come out and Play Houdini August 9,10, 11 2018 @ The Indiana Pinball Show in Fort Wayne, IN in the PINCADES BOOTH
I will have at least 2, maybe more open box show games as well as boxed games for sale.
Pincades
Jesse T

Less then 3 weeks away for the show. get your game order in now with blades, glass , or a shaker. Show game pricing. you choose the upgrades!

#4969 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I don't go by leg position (mine aren't all the way down) - I go by the slope on my digital level and it currently indicates 6.1 degrees. This slope has resulted in better feeling gameplay than the 6.5+ degrees I originally set the game up at.

I will agree that all the way in on the levelers is how it is designed. Everyone has there own preference on how fast they want it to play. Its funny but the half dozen shows I have done this year, i set them up with about 1 1/4 inches of threads showing on the rear legs. I like my games a little steep.

Come out and try a Houdini Aug. 9,10,11 at the Indiana pinball show in Ft. Wayne.
Yes show pricing on games will be available.

Pincades
JT

1 week later
#5099 5 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Pincades
Jesse T[quoted image]

I week away
At least 3 maybe more on free play and nib games. All will have art blades. I will bring Magic Glass and shakers if someone would like to purchase them to add to a Open box or nib game. I may be bringing some other pins as well.
Show game pricing as well
See ya soon
Pincades
Jese T

#5146 5 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

I week away
At least 3 maybe more on free play and nib games. All will have art blades. I will bring Magic Glass and shakers if someone would like to purchase them to add to a Open box or nib game. I may be bringing some other pins as well.
Show game pricing as well
See ya soon
Pincades
Jese T

Just picked up 6 games for the show. Magic Glass, and shaker motors.
All games that are unboxed will have the newest code running.
I will set half to normal play and half to easy mode!! I have had some customers that say its to hard for them, now there's a solution in the code to make it easier!!!

See ya @ the Show
Pincades
JT

#5209 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I know the patched code is available and I'm loading it in now but when I was testing to see if a two player game always reset I actually ended up with my highest score ever (~1.76M) on player two and thought great, now it's going to reset and I can't even put in on there. Nope, it let me enter my name and never reset.

Got the glass off again!!! LOL

#5295 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Houdini is in the house! Well, actually the garage for now. Glad to have joined the club! Absolutely a stunning game.[quoted image]

Enjoy
Pincades
Jesse T

#5345 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

rosh Who is the "Ryan C." who is crossed out on the credits?

this should be interesting

3 weeks later
#5730 5 years ago
Quoted from abelelectronics:

Houdini playfield seconds available in limited quantities at the Clevend Pinball show. $200 each or $250 for one signed by Joe Balcer. PM for any interest.

Your charging $50 more for a signature LOL

2 weeks later
#6027 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

If anyone is looking for a Houdini, there will be some show specials. Api is going to have some games in the tournament and some in the free play room
Tournament games will be 6750
Free play gsmes will be 6500
We expect that the free play games will get more play, that's is why there is a bigger discount.
Feel free to contact myself or your favorite api distributor to reserve yours today.
Machines will be set up and maintained by api for the weekend. It will be up to the potential customer to pay for and remove the machine at the end of the show. Warranty period will begin the day after the machine is removed from the show.
Fyi, we (kingpin games) will double the factory warranty on and game purchased with this show special pricing. Call or message today! (As I'm typing this late in the night it only felt right to have a "as seen on tv" style slogan for the outro)

Free play Gsmes (those dam sausage fingers on the key board LOL

Pincades: We will do the same on the double warranty policy on show games.

See ya soon!!!!

#6046 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Contact your distributor, they should send you a set of replacement gates.

they (your dist.) should send you a few.
if not I have them and can send a few to you LOL

Pincades
JT

#6047 5 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

broken wireform gate during multiball today. Gate at end of shooter lane just above right flipper. Only 47 games on machine.....
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

they (your dist.) should send you a few.
if not I have them and can send a few to you LOL

Pincades
JT

3 weeks later
#6511 5 years ago

API will have some Houdini show games in their booth and in the tournament area that will be for sale.
These games were unboxed for the show and will be available for sale during the show.

Show Pricing is as follows: Tournament area games $6750
Free Play Games $6500

All open box games purchased during or after the show with have a full factory warranty starting the day after Chicago Pinball Expo Ends.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Customers purchasing games at the show are responsible for paying before removal, and removal of the game. (if purchased though me "PINCADES" I will assist with the tear down and removal of your new Houdini Pinball Machine to the loading area at NO EXTRA CHARGE!!.) We (Pincades) do offer delivery and set up at an extra charge.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some distributors may offer other show incentives such as extended warranties, Translights, art blades, shaker motors etc. All at the distributors cost. See your dist. for details.

STOP BY AND SEE US @ THE PINCADES BOOTH DIRECTLY BEHIND THE AMERICAN PINBALL BOOTH AND PICK UP YOUR OCTOBERFEST FUN WEAR.
219-924-PINS (7467)

SEE YA AT THE SHOW
PINCADES

#################FYI #2 & #3 Houdini Off the line are still on location in Iowa And WI and Still Kicking it.#######################

2 weeks later
#6776 5 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

I checked my Houdini stats yesterday and since mid-May I've got 1480 games on my home-use Houdini. I got to wondering if this was more, less or about average with everyone else.
Looking ahead, when will API (or someone else) start offering a rubber kit for Houdini. I probably have enough extras laying around but I like the convenience of having everything in one package.

Heres the page from the manual for you for the rubber ring set. Its on API's website, in the online printable manual
Pincades
AP Dist.
JT
scan0001 (resized).jpgscan0001 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#7130 5 years ago

PINCINNATI!! 11-30/12-2
Pincades
will be attending the show!
If any one wants a Houdini delivered to the show lmk in advance, Maybe some show games available at a discount or nib. your choice!
Save on shipping and get it delivered to the show.

Pincades
Jesse T.

#7219 5 years ago

Pincades Attending Pincinnati
I will have show games available for sale! 3 maybe more, or nib
If your interested lmk I can bring what ever is needed. (Glass, Blades, Shaker, any combination.)

FYI: October fest will there as well!
Stop by the API/Pincades Booth and go for a Flip!

Happy Holidays
Pincades
Jesse T

1 week later
#7332 5 years ago

Pincinnati Update for Octoberfest and Houdini:

Pincades Update:

I will be Bringing 3 Houdini Open Box Show game's:

1. Updated power supply, blades, shaker, and topper with factory warranty from date of purchase.
*PRICE REMOVED*

2. Updated power supply, blades, and topper with factory warranty from date of purchase.
(Shaker can be purchased separately and installed at the show by me if needed)
*PRICE REMOVED*

3.Game #1002 (#2 serial number off the line) Updated power supply, sub woofer with full factory warranty from date of purchase.
Price announced at the show on Serial #1002

Also stop by and pick up some Octoberfest promo stuff from Pincades.

Octoberfest will also be @ the show to play. We (Pincades) will be accepting deposits @ the show, as well as taking trade in's towards a purchase of a Octoberfest or Houdini. Some restrictions apply LOL..

If you would like to discuss show game purchase, trade or pricing before the show. 219-924-PINS(7467) Calls only
219-808-6063 calls or text.
Safe travels to all.
See ya @ The Show!
Pincades
Jesse T.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamaster10.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread?tu=jamaster10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.