20180426_162959 (resized).jpg
76C6C594-C5E2-42C3-B0BA-DC6FB65B5334 (resized).png
33583E42-C6C2-435C-B301-C95470FBEA1F (resized).png
IMG_1470 (resized).jpeg
20230531_171203 (resized).jpg
20230530_210512 (resized).jpg
0F6D3A86-9F6A-43B3-A1FA-F4155ECAB32A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #145 Houdini Pinball initial flyer Posted by HighProtein (7 years ago)

Post #184 Initial reveal at TPF Posted by SilverballNut (7 years ago)

Post #190 Introductory Price of Houdini Posted by 1iblind (7 years ago)

Post #198 Initial Pictures of Machine Posted by lllvjr (7 years ago)

Post #229 Playfield Close-Up Pics Posted by bigd1979 (7 years ago)

Post #284 Machine feature details Posted by rosh (7 years ago)

Post #312 More feature details Posted by rosh (7 years ago)

Post #385 Double switch lane picture Posted by pinballrockstar (7 years ago)

Post #420 Pinball show appearance schedule for Houdini Posted by rosh (6 years ago)

Post #434 Houdini pics from Allentown show Posted by PinballSTAR (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gcs2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8072 5 years ago

Joining the club on Sunday, can't wait.

Does anyone have the topper from American Pinball directly if so I would love to see some additional pics.

Also can anyone share some good quality pics of of the mod couples water tank mod? Sadly their pics are small.

TIA

#8074 5 years ago

This one

https://store.american-pinball.com/products/houdini-open-trunk-topper

IMG_20181011_175409_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpgIMG_20181011_175409_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpg
#8076 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I've got it. Just haven't installed it....yet. Still waiting on getting my last few Cliffys installed first.

How do you like it and I assume you got it from AP direct right?

#8082 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I did. With the credit from the power supply, and some extra money. I haven't put it together yet, but I'll post when I do.

Very smart I should do the same. The one I am getting tomorrow doesn’t have the power fix and spending the credit on the topper would be great idea as I would like it as well. Thanks for the idea!

#8104 5 years ago

Joined the club today. Still have to get it unloaded

f079c397244348964c215b48734e9e579886bdf8 (resized).jpegf079c397244348964c215b48734e9e579886bdf8 (resized).jpeg
#8108 5 years ago

Managed to get the game unloaded and in the house.

The game is triggering end of ball every time a ball drains even if ball save has engaged and saved the ball.

Looked under the PF and I don't see anything out of whack, disconnected etc.

Software is 18-12-12

Ideas?

#8111 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Check the switches in the left lock, near the trunk. Check with your finger but then check with 3 balls one at a time. Make sure they are not engaged then trip each one with a ball in succession. They are super sensitive
then check all your trough optos. It’s not the software, I guarantee - had this same
Issue and It’s a switch.

Umm my apologies all I had an Rdoyle moment

7 balls in the game and its uhh supposed to be 6

#8116 5 years ago

So I know I am in the "honeymoon phase" but all the people bitching about this game ... gimme a break.

I know its hard, the shots are tight, I get a lot of bounce outs, I get a lot of rattles trying to make the tight shots but damn I still like the game. I do keep coming back for more as I keep saying I know I can make that shot, that combo etc. And this is all coming from someone who is not a good player. Will this last permanently ... nope. Will it last for a while til something else comes out we want yep. It's a beautiful game (I like the look) the BG is awesome wish MFRs still did this but I get it - its expensive.

Anyway just wanted to add something positive about the game because of all the bashing its getting in the other Houdini thread.

What would I give this game up for, not sure - WOZ probably if I didn't have to add too much $$. Maybe a Dialed In, GOG Premium perhaps. Who knows but for now this is a good solid game that is fun (FOR ME) and I firmly believe it can help me become a better player. If I can make shots on this game well ....

#8120 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

My game plays like a dream.
Adjust pitch to 6.2 or 6.0
Lower flippers until only a perfect shot makes the ramp from a cradled position.
Set the slings -1 from default.
Check my tweaks in this thread.
Some are really good.
Game is amazing!

Ironically my thoughts are all based on the game unloaded legs on and turned on no set up done yet as we are still doing reno in the game room this week

It should get better.

#8148 5 years ago

Anyone know where I can get a leg bracket for the game (inside the cab). Mine is stripped out and needs to be replaced.

Is this a generic part or specific to Houdini?

#8152 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Thats an easy one, email Barry at tech support, Im sure he will help out.

Will do thanks.

#8160 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Game plays great out of the box.
As you get into it, maybe a few of the tweaks I have listed earlier.
In my opinion must haves:
EOS switch kit

Guess I am clueless on this one - what is this fix/mod?

And yeah I like the shaker in the game as well. Its no overused at all and adds a nice touch for things like the elephant part. Would I have gotten it if mine hadn't come with one - I dunno but its $100 so not terrible.

And I would love to add hookonpinball's water tank mod. I think it looks great but damn it's pricey. Their straight jacket mod is also beautiful but its not interactive or lit up or anything so hard to justify that one too.

I really do want the API topper though as I like it a lot (yeah we are topper geeks in my house hence why we ordered an MBRLE instead of the SE - thx wifey)

#8163 5 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

Knocker
Mod Father Houdini drink holder!

yes this thing is awesome looking. I don't know why but for some reason I really want this customized one just having a hard time ponying up that $48 vs $20 for plain black one, uggh.

And already ordered all the cliffy's just waiting for them to arrive along with my POTC, and MB Cliffy's

#8166 5 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

Think of it this way: you ponied up $6-7k for this awesome machine, don’t mess it up with a pedestrian black cup holder. On your death bed you won’t think, “I wish I had ended world hunger, and not dropped that extra thirty on the Houdini drink holder.”
And it is a really well done add on.
And yes, the planchette is a good mod, as is the 3D frame around the mini-screen on the PF. I get lots of compliments on that. The brass shooter rod is nice too...

LOL yeah already have the API theater mod and planchette (came with my game). And ahem I paid a fair bit less than that for my game so I have 5 good reasons to be pretty darn happy with my purchase at this point!!!

#8170 5 years ago

Can someone tell me what this is please?

EOS switch kit

It has been mentioned as a mod a few times in this thread to do this but not sure what it is to be honest.

#8172 5 years ago

thx LTG

#8180 5 years ago

Thanks for that info everyone. At $20 I'll grab it anyway certainly cheap enough and probably worth doing anyway

#8182 5 years ago

Well its setup and I have played it but now its covered in plastic while we finish our small reno - removing fireplace to make room for pins. Going from room for 2 to room for 5.

Hopefully done this week or early next week so I can things back in place and playable. Drywall is up no mud on it so gotta get that done then painted and then lay new carpet. Sucks waiting.

Family and I put probably 40 games on it Sunday once I got home put it on its legs.

#8186 5 years ago

My game has some but no idea where came from since I purchased used but they are out there somewhere.

Figured it out just now - there was an empty bag in my game from little shop of games so they definitely came from here
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/playfield-plastics/houdini-8-piece-easy-break-plastic-protectors/

Cointaker has some as well but it doesn't state how many in their set
https://cointaker.com/products/houdini-plastic-protectors

#8199 5 years ago

Considering adding some brite button illuminated flipper buttons to the game. Scott said I could get the SAM kit and clip the wires and attach them to any constant 12V source in the game.

Does anyone have a suggestion for where to connect these to?

TIA

#8214 5 years ago

Just wanted to pop in and say Barry at AP is awesome. Contacted him about my stripped leg bracket and needing a new one. He got my Serial # and then dropped one in the mail to me. Got it today.

Thanks Barry and AP!

#8226 5 years ago

Thought I would add these pics so others can see the API topper. Once again thanks to Barry for the help

1234123124 (resized).jpg1234123124 (resized).jpg7453654 (resized).jpg7453654 (resized).jpg89925465 (resized).jpg89925465 (resized).jpg99959595 (resized).jpg99959595 (resized).jpg
#8230 5 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

How is it you have an Octoberfest in that one pic to the right of the Houdini?
Are they shipping or you doing development work for AP?
Thanks..
CuJo

Not my game nor my room. This is from Barry at API. I asked for some additional pics as the 1 on their site kinda stinks. He kindly sent me these so its someone else games not mine.

I do not have an Oktoberfest, sorry guys.

#8242 5 years ago

I have these in my game and they look good but I prefer the ones from AP. Only have these as they came with my game

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/houdini-steam-punk-gameblades

#8249 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

How close is the pf to decal area? 1/16?
Would hate to scuff them.
Ap guys can you see wood grain through the decal?

Not sure, I will have to look. Haven't been able to play my game since I got it 2 weeks ago since its been covered up in blankets and plastic due to a small reno in the gameroom. Things should be done in there tomorrow and I can uncover it. I did get the side art protectors from pinball life recently so I will be using those from now on all my games with art installed.

#8335 5 years ago

Need some assistance on power supply upgrade.

So I understand what to do with the brown and black wires, issue I have is they won't go into the wall plug they sent. I mean they go in but pull right back out or just fold over and jam up inside. I am stripping back at least 1/2" as recommended here.

Is there a secret to using these wall plugs? What am I missing here?

TIA

#8338 5 years ago

Ok I'll give it a shot. I mean truthfully couldn't you just wire nut them all together and be done, ok perhaps caveman style but accomplishes the same thing right

Man I give up with these things nothing I do works. They will not hold the wire in and if I try to twist all 3 together and insert its too large.

I am just going to solder them together and shrink tube them together unless someone says I really shouldn't do that.

#8349 5 years ago

Small trunk issue. My trunk doesn't open soon enough (it used to).

It opens like a millisecond before the catapult launches.

Any ideas?

#8351 5 years ago

Combo item lid was stuck on a wire must have hit when installing the PS last night.

Then lower catapult coil and boom back to hitting every time.

#8428 5 years ago

I need suggestions please

1 - Does anyone make a decent undercab lighting set up for this game? Would love one that changes colors with the game but doesn't have to be as full on as the Rock ones as I think they flash and go a little too crazy for my tastes. One like the Lermods one in my MBR would be great (it taps into the color changing speaker panel)

2 - I got some illuminated flipper buttons from pinball life and according to Scott they just need to be hooked up to a constant 12V source - can anyone tell me where I should hook these up to on the game?

TIA

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gcs2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread?tu=gcs2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.