New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 183206)

American Pinball Houdini thread

By lllvjr

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11,787 posts
  • 632 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Soundkillr
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,549 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

346776DD-AB0A-4DB4-A9C4-32173777E317 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
PXL_20201125_235431894.jpg
20201125_181721550_iOS (resized).jpg
67C59F8B-6D1D-4D4A-A3EE-83FACDF6318F (resized).jpeg
4E73C318-2BE2-4A27-B62A-D04C56A1BCC1 (resized).jpeg
4798D04D-98E0-46B0-ACFC-328381106765 (resized).jpeg
AFE31B92-5653-44E1-B4DF-32A1511AD81F (resized).jpeg
0C31DB62-FCE5-4429-AEA1-6142DCE9325E (resized).jpeg
3072E1B4-E767-454E-8B52-C2B26EA5ED22 (resized).jpeg
78C86DFC-C642-4CD5-9FFE-43D05E392D78 (resized).jpeg
B9DAF8C0-22E7-476F-B8EE-3F8341281418 (resized).jpeg
5938E1CB-BC59-4F62-A5A1-D410A57B94EB (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #145 Houdini Pinball initial flyer Posted by HighProtein (3 years ago)

Post #184 Initial reveal at TPF Posted by SilverballNut (3 years ago)

Post #190 Introductory Price of Houdini Posted by 1iblind (3 years ago)

Post #198 Initial Pictures of Machine Posted by lllvjr (3 years ago)

Post #229 Playfield Close-Up Pics Posted by bigd1979 (3 years ago)

Post #284 Machine feature details Posted by rosh (3 years ago)

Post #312 More feature details Posted by rosh (3 years ago)

Post #385 Double switch lane picture Posted by pinballrockstar (3 years ago)

Post #420 Pinball show appearance schedule for Houdini Posted by rosh (3 years ago)

Post #434 Houdini pics from Allentown show Posted by PinballSTAR (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flipnout1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#348 3 years ago

Flip N Out Pinball is proud to announce that we are a distributor for the new American Pinball game Houdini. We will have one available to play at Southern Fried Gameroom Expo in June. Making a list of customers now for this new game to be delivered this summer. Come play it and sign up now or at the show. No deposit needed, just a list of interested customers.
Larry
Flip N Out Pinball

Added over 4 years ago: In my post I stated that it would be expected to be delivered in late summer but need to change that info. That was a target date and actual production and delivery will be after that window. As with all predictions and goals they are fluid and will change over time. I know they want to do this right and get a game out that everyone will love so stay tuned.

Larry
Flipnoutpinball.com

#411 3 years ago

I'm an American Pinball distributor. I'm not taking deposits. I am asking for folks to let me know if they are interested. That's all. No money now. Some manufacturing companies give me specific rules on how I collect money for games I sell. Others do not. American Pinball has not given me any such rules to date. If no formal rules then payment will be between me and my customers. I've accommodated all types of plans from weekly payments to pay in full even when not asked for. I'm pretty flexible
I can't speak for all but the Black Knight asked.
Larry
Flip N Out Pinball

1 month later
#570 3 years ago

Flip N Out Pinball will have one at SFGE this coming weekend. Come check it out!

larry@flipnoutpinball.com

#585 3 years ago

Houdini arrived today at my shop. Next stop will be SFGE! Wish I could open it and get a few games in before the show but I promised to leave it in the box til the show

1 month later
#687 3 years ago

I think everyone will be surprised to see some games way before the end of the year. Contact us to get on the list for an early game

Larry@flipnoutpinball.com

#702 3 years ago

Talking with Joe Balcer the other day and they have nothing on the schedule until October for Pinball Expo. They want to concentrate on building games. Every show takes resources away from that goal.
The good news is a small run of production games should be hitting the streets before Expo so folks will have a chance to see and play in the wild.
Contact me to reserve yours now

1 month later
#775 3 years ago

Flip N Out Pinball is an authorized distributor for American Pinball. If all goes well we will have a few games in October with more to follow as production ramps up. I had a Houdini in Atlanta in June and in my showroom for a week so the STDM guys got to shoot video. Check out the video on their youtube channel for lots of gameplay action.
I've been to their headquarters in Chicago and they have a lot of talented pinball guys on this project along with some new faces. The parent company is solid and I believe we will be seeing more great games coming from this company.

Call us anytime to discuss timing, pricing, etc. Check out our booth in Chicago Expo and stop and have some Kentucky hospitality with us.

847-778-4876

3 weeks later
#826 3 years ago
Quoted from murfe88:

Are there any pictures of the playfield? All I keep seeing is just the cabinet.

Check out the youtube video that SDTM did in my showroom. Shows the game play and the playfield. Order one from us now!

2 weeks later
#888 3 years ago

Yes same exact color as before for all armor (legs, lockdown bar, head brackets and lollypop side rails). For those who were at SFGE, those games had the wrong color legs, and wrong style of bolts.

Darn it Josh! You weren't supposed to tell on me. One little mistake and you throw me under the bus. LOL Just kidding. I forgot to bring them so it was my fault and had to improvise.

Larry
flipnoutpinball.com

2 weeks later
#1200 3 years ago

No back rubs but I know that we have provided a lot of KY hospitality in small red solo cups over the years!

#1226 3 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Does anyone have some more extended gameplay videos? I am having withdrawal from seeing Houdini!! I can't wait for mine to come.

Check out SDTM on youtube. We had it here in my showroom for a week and Zack and I played it for a while. VERY fun game.

1 month later
#1614 2 years ago

We have a lot on order and will receive a few hopefully this year. But next year we should have stock so if you are interested in one let us know. A small deposit to hold your spot and then balance before we ship. We are one of the largest AP dealers so availability will be soon.

Larry

1 month later
#1858 2 years ago

Now in our showroom. Heading to Nashville to Game Galaxy on Saturday then Huntsville to Ronnie Rayguns the following Saturday. Only there for a few hours at each location then back to our showroom. Come check it out

F860468C-C149-4E07-B20A-282E6768B431 (resized).jpeg

#1920 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Any chance of getting the boxed dimensions... Picking up my game Monday or Tuesday from shipping depot

32x31

#1970 2 years ago

Reminder that this weekend Saturday Feb 3rd it will be at Ronnie Rayguns in Huntsville, AL at the STA brewery. Time 2-6 PM so come and see us there for some Houdini action. If you haven't had a chance to play this game here it is. Play some pinball and grab a microbrew beer.

2 months later
#3068 2 years ago

Magic glass is now shipping on orders starting today. I just got it installed on a customers game that is shipping out tomorrow. Shakers coming soon I'm told.

Need a Houdini let us know.

1 month later
#4154 2 years ago

Anyone interested in a Houdini? Come play it at Southern Fried Gaming Expo and take it home with you. Want a NIB one? I can have it delivered to the show configured the way you want it. Needs to be ordered no later than Monday to get it there on time.

sfge (resized).jpg
1 week later
#4293 2 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

My game keeps resetting.
I checked all connectors,all seems to be good.
Last two times it happened one was on the start of the game.
Ball kicked into shooter lane and reset.
Next time it was during a multi ball.
I don't know what to look for now,I'm at a loss here.

Check the power cord going into the game. There is no bracket to keep it from pulling out so it may be a little loose.

1 month later
#4824 2 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

Game arrived yesterday and it's a beauty!
A few issues that I hope AP corrects. I sent them an e-mail this morning. My game has the issue with the trunk catapult. It's probably making the shot 20-30% of the time. It seemed like it was making the shot more yesterday, but it wasn't. There is a line conditioner on the game and I've tried every coil adjustment. The shot also seems to hit the far right side of the trunk, front of the trunk or top of the glass when it misses. Hopefully daughter board is a real thing! Also shaker wasn't working either. I tried the test in the menu and turned it on from off. It's connected to the right spot on the board, but nothing. Oh well. These things happen. Should be an easy fix.
Outside of all of that - the game feels like a real quality machine. I would compare it to my JJP games.

Make sure the shaker is set to on in software. Default is off.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flipnout1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside