Topic Stats

• 8,903 posts
  • 534 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by rosh
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,218 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20181006_172954 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190423_195756 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190423_195745 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190423_171447 (resized).jpg
20190419_134025 (resized).jpg
20190419_132939 (resized).jpg
20190419_135208 (resized).jpg
20190419_132855 (resized).jpg
20190419_133359 (resized).jpg
20190419_132925 (resized).jpg
20190419_133054 (resized).jpg
20190419_133117 (resized).jpg
20190419_135240(0) (resized).jpg
20190417_204330 (resized).jpg
20190415_210345 (resized).jpg
20190414_123824 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #145 Houdini Pinball initial flyer Posted by HighProtein (2 years ago)

Post #184 Initial reveal at TPF Posted by SilverballNut (2 years ago)

Post #190 Introductory Price of Houdini Posted by 1iblind (2 years ago)

Post #198 Initial Pictures of Machine Posted by lllvjr (2 years ago)

Post #229 Playfield Close-Up Pics Posted by bigd1979 (2 years ago)

Post #284 Machine feature details Posted by rosh (2 years ago)

Post #312 More feature details Posted by rosh (2 years ago)

Post #385 Double switch lane picture Posted by pinballrockstar (2 years ago)

Post #420 Pinball show appearance schedule for Houdini Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #434 Houdini pics from Allentown show Posted by PinballSTAR (1 year ago)

Post #533 Official Houdini Flyer with features listed Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (1 year ago)

Post #535 Ball Counter graphic for game Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #609 More mode and feature details from programmer Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #639 More game system details from programmer Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #978 Photos of the updated game for expo Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #1000 Photos of the cabinet interior side art Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #1287 Josh Kugler Interview Posted by konjurer (1 year ago)

Post #1357 Houdini Gameplay video Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #2290 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by BarryJ (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billsfanmd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#435 1 year ago

Would love to hear more feedback from people at the show who played it. How does it compare to theatre of magic. Gameplay fast or more stop and start?

1 year later
#3572 11 months ago

i played it at allentown. i love the theme and old school look and agree the right side shots are brutal. The ramp could be smallest ramp opening in pinball? that said i loved it and hoping one pops up local in near future so i can trade for one.

#3646 11 months ago

Any way to buy a large Houdini pin poster? Would love one next to the pin when I get one.

#3826 11 months ago

Question about folding down the head....A friend may bring a game for me up from florida but he has a newer Jeep Trailhawk which is too low profile for just folding head down. How difficult to slide the head down toward the front of the pin so it will fit. Thinking which wires need to come out? easy to unbolt head? etc. Ive seen several people transport other games where the head had to be slid toward the lock down bar to transport but not sure how hard to do on Houdini.

Thx for any help.

1 month later
#4686 9 months ago

had my houdini for a while but still can’t get catapault to make the shot. when i got game from first owner it was on 26 cool. tried 27 then 28 now 29. still hits the front and not getting closer to making it

what setting seems to work best for most. i think i game at correct level. should i lower the back leg levelers too ?

#4688 9 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

leg levelers should be all the way in, on all four legs to be at correct pitch.
If after that, and taking it up to 30 it is still not making it, contact the service department, there may be some other adjustment needed.

thx. i’ll try it!

#4691 9 months ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Once leg levelers are all the way up on on 4 legs...take lower catapult back down to 26. When you unbox a new Houdini it has a set of paperwork telling you about this leg leveler set up.

thx for all the help. is there a catapult test? or do you just test while playing

#4695 9 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

Take off the glass, go into the service menu, go to settings and then coils. Pull out the interlock switch, drop the ball in the catapult, do it a couple of times, adjust settings and try again.

i have all levelers all the way in. 27 it has enough power most of the time but misses left sometimes. does not seem consistent

#4697 9 months ago

what is variac

#4701 9 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

Take off the glass, go into the service menu, go to settings and then coils. Pull out the interlock switch, drop the ball in the catapult, do it a couple of times, adjust settings and try again.

Ok at 28 it is the perfect distance every time....Its just about 2 inches to the left where it lands almost every time. If I raise catapult and bend/twist the end a little it hit it perfect 3 times in a row. But long term is there a slight adjust that can have it fire 2 inches to the right?

Thx!

#4773 9 months ago

still tweaking mine. seems when it misses it’s always left an inch or 2. great shot though

3 months later
#6801 5 months ago

looks like power supply's out of stock

5 months later
#8783 12 days ago

Tried to scroll through the pages but thought I would ask for quick reply...Very low play Houdini...The lower catapult fires about 2 inches to the right almost every time. Coil is at 26. I really dont think its power as it looks like it is very consistent...How can I adjust to get it 2 inches to the left? Thx

#8788 11 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

The catapult can be totally adjusted.
see my posts on catapult adjustment in this thread.
pinballinreno

thx. looks like post 5940. So do you take mech out and enlarge holes? sounds scary. Guess it make sense when I look at it and see what is involved in a slight move to the left.

#8794 10 days ago

Super easy to get to.
It's not heavy and it can hang on the wires s bit without damage.
Metal holes in the mech can be elongated slightly to rotate the mech as needed.
A little is a lot.
As always, slow and careful is the rule here.

I tried to move the catapult on its own and really I saw no way to move it even a little. I loosen the 4 screws that secure it under the pf. But really unless I elongate the holes it really does not allow for adjustment. The only update is Looking back on this thread they recommend the levelers to be all the way in. When I do this I can get the ball to hit dead center lip on pwer 25 every time. At 26 it throws it to the right. Any ideas? Was hoping 26 would make it perfect but the extra power somehow throws it right.

Thx for any help.

#8797 10 days ago

Read my posts on catapult adjustment. Pretty much everything is there.
I had to elongate the holes in the metal a little.
The catapult must be parallel to the slot.
All catapults can be adjusted to work properly, it just takes about 30 mins and a little patience.
You have to use a digital torpedo level or cell phone app to see if the game has correct pitch.
Your floor is never level at all.
6.0 to 6.1 is optimal.

Thx. What do you mean by. The catapult must be parallel to the slot ?

#8800 10 days ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

The arm of catapult should look parallel to the slot in the wood in which it sits. If it looks to be at an angle, that can be part of the cause of left or right misses. Widening the mount holes with a dremel is your most effective approach to adjusting this. Other than adding the power supply upgrade, which eliminates inconsistent shots. If you are having inconsistent shots during play, then seriously consider getting that. If your shoys are consistent but wide, then grab your dremel.

That’s what I thought. Here is a pic. It is def off to one side

BC7F7E2B-BF1A-4D00-8C90-D2CDD892C1D4 (resized).jpeg
#8808 9 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

new code for Houdini? Josh just did an update last week

It seems some people had issues. I am holding off updating mine.

#8811 9 days ago

I had seance multiball for the first time. Talk about an awesome creepy mode...everything dark except some flashing inserts and the magnets moving the ball around. Very cool effect!

#8813 9 days ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I think you probably had Seance combined with Man From Beyond, seance by itself is something you should probably be getting almost every game. It does move the ball around a LOT with the magnets but it does not turn off all the lights, that's M.F.B. Film mode once you have Houdini freed from the ice and the restraints removed (hits to the stage door followed by loop shots or scoring either of these via MAGIC standups). It is a very cool combined effect but I do wish you could still see where Houdini is better than you can with the seance animation playing over the top of it.

thx..Yeah it was so cool playing it and I knew I had not played it before.

One thing I love is how smooth the shaker i on this game. Its just enough to make the game experience even better without shaking glass and extra noise.

#8831 8 days ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Start with your distributor, if that doesn't work call API directly - they are excellent at helping out owners.

I’ve called API. Sent in a ticket and texted. No replies yet

#8847 8 days ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

Sometimes I am unable to reply right away!

Sorry. . Thx for email and text. I’ll have it fixed soon

#8869 6 days ago

Thanks Barry! Catapult shot Fixed. Hit 5-5 in test mode

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Mods for your pinballs
$ 39.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Massillon, OH
$ 129.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 9.00
Playfield - Other
Hdmike mods
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 229.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 129.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 32.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
6,150 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fenton, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
$ 50.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billsfanmd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside