20180426_162959 (resized).jpg
76C6C594-C5E2-42C3-B0BA-DC6FB65B5334 (resized).png
33583E42-C6C2-435C-B301-C95470FBEA1F (resized).png
IMG_1470 (resized).jpeg
20230531_171203 (resized).jpg
20230530_210512 (resized).jpg
0F6D3A86-9F6A-43B3-A1FA-F4155ECAB32A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #145 Houdini Pinball initial flyer Posted by HighProtein (7 years ago)

Post #184 Initial reveal at TPF Posted by SilverballNut (7 years ago)

Post #190 Introductory Price of Houdini Posted by 1iblind (7 years ago)

Post #198 Initial Pictures of Machine Posted by lllvjr (7 years ago)

Post #229 Playfield Close-Up Pics Posted by bigd1979 (7 years ago)

Post #284 Machine feature details Posted by rosh (7 years ago)

Post #312 More feature details Posted by rosh (7 years ago)

Post #385 Double switch lane picture Posted by pinballrockstar (7 years ago)

Post #420 Pinball show appearance schedule for Houdini Posted by rosh (6 years ago)

Post #434 Houdini pics from Allentown show Posted by PinballSTAR (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bemmett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#421 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Quick update, below is a list of which shows Houdini will appear. We are looking at a couple of others, but these are the only ones confirmed at this time.
PinFest Allentown
Pin-a-go-go
Southern Fried
NW Pinball
For anyone who cares, as of now . . .

I care! Can you come to the Rocky Mountain Pinball showdown in June, I think it's the same weekend as Southern Fried unfortunately so I am guessing no, but here's to hoping! Show CO some love!!!!

8 months later
#1844 6 years ago

Come on US shipments!!!

3 weeks later
#2101 6 years ago

I was contacted for payment and while no definitive date was given yet it was in the queue and coming soon

#2103 6 years ago

Day 1, Hour 1. I also request not to be in first games off the line whenever possible as I don't like working out bugs on new games.

1 week later
#2174 6 years ago
Quoted from Videogod:

Agreed. I need to know whether to go ahead and have my distributor ship my Houdini or if the Side Art and Magic Glass will be added at the factory.

My distributor had contacted me with option to have them added at factory

#2229 6 years ago

I have a lot of games I always struggle with 'X' shot cause it is difficult and I find myself playing those games more and more often to try and get better or more consistent with difficult shots. In the end I want a game to be challenging either through an awesome and deep ruleset or a layout that is not easy and challenges you to play good or suffer, then when you end up with both of those elements you usually get a great pinball that is popular among most people. If all pinballs were easy it wouldn't be that much fun, that is what keeps the lastability and playability on games for me. I'm looking forward to Houdini!

1 week later
#2373 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I told him nothing cause it won't happen. He still did order from me, then later cancelled when he got one earlier, probably by stealing someone else's spot in line from a distributor who was less than ethical and felt a few hundred bucks was worth screwing his earlier customers. A few extra bucks or one sale is not worth the reputation I've build for years. I'm not your guy for that.

PinballSTAR definitely the man. He has earned my business thru the years and I hassle him all the time, not once has he ever not taken the time to help and/or explain things in detail as can be seen in the posts above. Good and ethical business practice in this industry will put you on top most every time and glad there are still people out there that care about their reputation and customers like Joe.

Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Can we not talk about Richie Wrench anymore - he's been quiet lately and he's like Candyman, you mention his name 3 times in a thread and all of a sudden he's texting you at 2am telling you the ground wire braid should be painted gold on his game or he's going to lose his mind.

It's 5 times, don't worry.

Richie Wrench...Rich

#2376 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

All good guys... let's talk about Houdini gameplay, rules, etc... not the wait list and distributor stuff ! That's boring !

I can't cause my distributor won't get me my game......

How about Magic Glass anyone seen it in person yet?

1 week later
#2516 6 years ago

Anyone gotten or seen the magic glass yet? If so, comments on it?

#2528 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I thought the first iteration was really good, but sounds like this new version will be better and also more durable and scratch resistant since it is some kind of a hard coat. I'm curious to see it as well.

But the version that will come to us buyers is the NEW version not the old one then? There isn't some excess stock of "old version" going to be dumped on us?

1 week later
#2750 6 years ago

Mine is on a truck and will be here next week! Super excited, got to play a little on one up here at Pinball Jones in Fort Collins and loved it. Tight shots and kicked my butt, everything I want in a machine. Couldn't figure out much on modes but that is part of the fun for me I don't read much into the rules or things until I have the game. Couldn't get 3 ball locks in a game to save my life.

Any quick checklist of items to check or adjust that are common on unboxing?

2 weeks later
#3020 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Come see us at MGC

Any update on Magic glass shipping?

1 month later
#4172 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Neil Patrick Harris now has his Houdini !

Damn wish I was famous and Joe would come setup my game in person as well.

1 month later
#4739 5 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

rosh can you comment on the timeline of a potential daughter board from AP? Is it something coming "soon" or should I look for a third party solution (any links to recommendations)? I'm loving my Houdini, but pinball for me is a social thing, and I often have friends/family over playing. When this happens, multiple machines are being played at once, and as a result the experience others are having on Houdini is definitely suffering. I want my friends and family to have a great opinion of Houdini like I do, especially as it has some tough competition lined up next to it (Dialed In LE, and MMr LE).

Is this related to low power thing? I have been having that problem lately as well on mine. I think it is cause my AC is always blasting and I just must not be getting enough juice to my game. I would notice it when I had a bunch of other games around it played. My catapult was always flawless before the hot summer months came and now it rarely makes the shot, also every other mech seems sluggish. At least I hope that is the problem and not something else

4 weeks later
#5222 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

That's good to hear it'd be nice if they had something that would work. It's also disappointing and misleading that they use the term continuous 120 volts.

I purchased one not too long ago when the talk was going on here and I feel like it has helped. In brief testing before I installed it on my game I would see lack of power affect my Houdini at times(typically when a lot of other things in my house were running or super hot days where demand for AC was likely high in area). In testing my power before I installed the Tripp Lite LC1200 it seemed I got a lot of readings around 115V, sometimes a little lower directly from my power outlet. Now granted we haven't been having 100 degree days like we were about a month ago lately. With the box in it is consistently reading 120-125 now and in limited time I have played my Houdini on it I have not noticed power problems at all that affect the game play that I was consistently experiencing before. I definitely hear the box clicking and doing things at times. Again limited sample test here but it seems to me it is indeed helping regulate my voltage better and I don't think I am dropping below 111V at least not that I have seen.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bemmett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread?tu=bemmett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.