Topic Stats

• 8,067 posts
  • 519 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 minutes ago by PhantomO
  • Topic is favorited by 142 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,098 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190213_092114 (resized).jpg
20190211_203211 (resized).jpg
20190211_202719 (resized).jpg
20190211_202404 (resized).jpg
20190211_203201 (resized).jpg
20190211_204739 (resized).jpg
polished-guide (resized).jpg
20190210_142226 (resized).jpg
WAX (resized).jpg
15493400447467221797894650116081 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190204_182706 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20190204-174553_Chrome (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

32 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #145 Houdini Pinball initial flyer Posted by HighProtein (1 year ago)

Post #184 Initial reveal at TPF Posted by SilverballNut (1 year ago)

Post #190 Introductory Price of Houdini Posted by 1iblind (1 year ago)

Post #198 Initial Pictures of Machine Posted by lllvjr (1 year ago)

Post #229 Playfield Close-Up Pics Posted by bigd1979 (1 year ago)

Post #284 Machine feature details Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #312 More feature details Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #385 Double switch lane picture Posted by pinballrockstar (1 year ago)

Post #420 Pinball show appearance schedule for Houdini Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #434 Houdini pics from Allentown show Posted by PinballSTAR (1 year ago)

Post #533 Official Houdini Flyer with features listed Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (1 year ago)

Post #535 Ball Counter graphic for game Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #609 More mode and feature details from programmer Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #639 More game system details from programmer Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #978 Photos of the updated game for expo Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #1000 Photos of the cabinet interior side art Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #1287 Josh Kugler Interview Posted by konjurer (1 year ago)

Post #1357 Houdini Gameplay video Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #2290 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by BarryJ (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider audioenslaved.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1826 1 year ago

I’m looking forward to this but would really like to play one before laying out 10k AUD for one... but for what I’ve seen it looks really interesting and well integrated

3 weeks later
#2054 1 year ago

Any idea of when games might be ready for export to Australia? I'm really looking forward to seeing and playing this.

3 months later
#3776 9 months ago

So when are the Australian games looking like getting shipped? Game looks awesome and with $$ ready for a pin I’d love to get this one

3 weeks later
#4259 8 months ago

Just preordered my game hopefully won’t be too long getting over to Australia now

#4260 8 months ago
Quoted from Josho:

I just cleared the red on the "tilt" feature by testing the plumb bob and touching it to the ring.
But I have no idea how to test the Left Locks 1, 2, and 3.

From the sounds of things you haven’t hit those switches in a while. But I’m just guessing from what you’ve said in this post. Maybe pull the glass off and hit those switches.

1 week later
#4406 8 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

were you doing reversed or reversed and inverted? Sounds like inverted, where it will be up and you need to hold the flipper buttons in to drop it down, and then release the button when who want to flip (then hold it back in again to drop it down). But if inverted, both would be up, so . . .

Ok I thought reversed was bad! Inverted too! Mind blown!

1 week later
#4572 7 months ago

rosh do we know when the Australian Houdini’s are going into their casket?

#4579 7 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

There are two down there now with Wayne, and Melbourne Silverball did a stream from there last week. FYI, Martin did give some incorrect info on the rules, but in his defense, he does not like to know the rules when he first plays the game, so he was figuring it out as he played. What was funny on that was with the skill shot, the things he felt had little value, imho, have the highest value (milkcan multiplier, light outlane modes)
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/275368737
Wayne is taking orders now, and I think he is looking to place his order with us in the next week. Not sure how quick those will hit the line, but suspect within a week or two of the order. I know the coin doors have been ordered.

I’ve already ordered one and getting a wee bit excited. To be honest I think I’ve watched a few minutes of gameplay but I might wait until I get it to figure it out.

#4590 7 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

I like when I can just learn the rules of a machine organically, and then after I have the basics figured out, go read up to see what I am missing. A lot of the strategy and details of game play are easier to understand once you have a sense of the basic game play. Often though, you can't fully appreciate the game until you understand the rules.

That’s how I came to appreciate the hobbit. I watched Karl DiAngelo’s video and went ahh so that’s how you start a fking mode... but I’m super stoked that the games aren’t too far off from being made and then leaving

3 weeks later
#4898 6 months ago

rosh any idea when the Australian order might be leaving the warehouse? I’m looking forward to mine arriving in the next few weeks!

3 weeks later
#5365 6 months ago

A container full of Houdini’s has left the factory and is headed towards the dock to be loaded for Australia. I can’t wait until it arrives hopefully in th next few weeks

#5419 6 months ago

Does anyone know if mantis have done protectors? I’ve got a cliffy on my xmen but don’t like that it effects slow moving balls

4 weeks later
#5953 5 months ago

The container headed to Australia should be landing in the next day or so! I’m SUPER pumped to be getting my game hopefully by weeks end

#6009 4 months ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Oh wow. I didn't even know and I've been talking to Wayne about other stuff just this week. Hopefully they get turned around and shipped out early next week, would be ideal, wife's away first week of Oct lol! BTW, I had a minor panic attack when I first read this and thought oh no more money to cough up, but quickly realised they're all prepaid unlike Deadpool lol.

I think Wayne either got the container today or is getting it tomorrow. How are you getting your machine up?

#6034 4 months ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Anyone speculate production numbers yet? Maybe someone who recently recieved a nib pin can post a serial number and born on date.

The Australian Houdini’s arrived and there’s one numbered 1469. So it’d be safe to assume somewhere between 1500-1700 mark

#6071 4 months ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

but what if Dialed In is Houdini !?

Gold

#6233 4 months ago

I’m going to be a little disappointed if I’ve got to spend another $250 AUD after spending 12k to make the game play properly. It’s not the end of the world but I’ll never be buying direct from AP being in Australia so hopefully they sort us out through the distributor. I just feel it’s $250 I shouldn’t have to be forking out l. But we’ll see how our distributor figure it out.

#6236 4 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Its also quite possible that you won't even need the power supply upgrade.

Here’s hoping.

#6249 4 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

Next release ready for some owner beta testing, PM me if interested in being a guinea pig. Bug fixes and improvements, not much new.

Matt also doing music for Oktoberfest -- quite different and suspect it will be very well received, the team here is really enjoying what we have gotten so far.

I’d love to my games sitting a hour from my home and I’ve gone away for the week next week I’ll get to play my first game on it

#6362 4 months ago

Second game ever and first game on my machine. Plays nicely just have to figure things out!

E0B01BD1-5309-4F59-9227-9A662CF4AC0C (resized).jpeg
#6364 4 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

What's that, about 1,400,000 US?

Bahaaaaaa that’s awesome! But yeah give or take a little bit ;P

#6366 4 months ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Glad to see a couple more Aussie games out of the box

Yeah finally got mine home and out of the box today

#6367 4 months ago

Tight shots like everyone says but manageable

2 weeks later
#6604 3 months ago

Has it been raised that there’s no indication of where the ball is going to be released from after it being staged either on the left, or the scoop or being flung from the trunk. I find that a little frustrating.

#6605 3 months ago

And I find I’m getting rejects from the milk can shot more often than not. It bounces back from well within the shot too

1 week later
#6729 3 months ago

I'm really appreciating this game more every time I play it. Stage alley shot is hard and I'm not sure what is meant to happen once you hit it. Are the red arrows meant to stop flashing (in general play)? And when you shoot key lane when it's flashing what does that do?

#6739 3 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I'm still seeing it sometimes even on single player games. I had an instance just last night were I started Trunk MB. Ball save is flashing and one ball drains very quickly but it doesn't get saved and I have two in play, I'm bricking everything and lose another ball and it saves that one leaving me with a 2 ball MB instead of three. This is just one example of stuff I see happen more often than I care to count. It can be tough to know what should be happening at times because of the random way the game decides where to release balls from.

This has happened to me also.

Quoted from rosh:

Entering the stage that ways doubles the value of the stage mode.

Sweet! I guess I’m clanking that shoot too often for it to be effective more often than not. Will have to look at maybe adjusting it a little.

Quoted from bobukcat:

Two big pay-offs from the key lane are opening the stage if closed via one-shot instead of needing multiple hits to the stage door after the first illusion has been performed. (The first shot to the stage door in a game opens the door, subsequent ones need multiple hits). Once the door is open hitting the stage via the stage alley rewards 2x scoring for that illusion.
If the Key Lane is flashing it's because it is for an illusion (Red). It is always the first shot for Chinese Water illusion and can be lit eventually in Bullet Catch, it will also flash to indicate Pops are lit for Handcuff. Hitting it for the illusion progresses you towards the next step in that illusion (next shot will be lit or flashing red). More details on the rules can be found here: http://tiltforums.com/t/houdini-rulesheet/3934/15

Thanks for that. I’ve done it once or twice before and I’ve seen a 2x on the screen and I thought I clicked with it being that. It’s just that the shot will bounce around in that small area (same with the key lane shot) more often than going all the way through to the stage. Is it an adjustment or just my poor shooting? I’m guessing the later...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 129.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Madison, WI
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Mods for your pinballs
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 229.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 39.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 32.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider audioenslaved.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside