20180426_162959 (resized).jpg
76C6C594-C5E2-42C3-B0BA-DC6FB65B5334 (resized).png
33583E42-C6C2-435C-B301-C95470FBEA1F (resized).png
IMG_1470 (resized).jpeg
20230531_171203 (resized).jpg
20230530_210512 (resized).jpg
0F6D3A86-9F6A-43B3-A1FA-F4155ECAB32A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #145 Houdini Pinball initial flyer Posted by HighProtein (7 years ago)

Post #184 Initial reveal at TPF Posted by SilverballNut (7 years ago)

Post #190 Introductory Price of Houdini Posted by 1iblind (7 years ago)

Post #198 Initial Pictures of Machine Posted by lllvjr (7 years ago)

Post #229 Playfield Close-Up Pics Posted by bigd1979 (7 years ago)

Post #284 Machine feature details Posted by rosh (6 years ago)

Post #312 More feature details Posted by rosh (6 years ago)

Post #385 Double switch lane picture Posted by pinballrockstar (6 years ago)

Post #420 Pinball show appearance schedule for Houdini Posted by rosh (6 years ago)

Post #434 Houdini pics from Allentown show Posted by PinballSTAR (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobF.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10632 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

With older versions of code you had to rename it first, I'm pretty sure the AP support site has that information posted.

This is not necessary for versions 18.5.5 and up, only versions older than that. From the release notes;

*if your current code version (shown on screen during boot up) is earlier than 18.8.5, you need to
rename the file to houdini-gamecode.pkg

3 weeks later
#10801 3 years ago

Yesterday, I made it to Master Magician. I have to say the final mode was a bit of a letdown. After failing to complete the tasks listed on the screen (two pages worth?!?), the game ended. I had 2 balls left and was one illusion away from completing them all. If I understand correctly, once those are complete there is a very large points award (was it something like 10M?). It felt like the final wizard mode kind of screwed me out of a much higher score. Which was important because I finally knocked my son's GC off the top. An extra 10M would have really rubbed it in! It wasn't exactly what I consider a rewarding accomplishment.

I was a bit keyed up on having such a good game and the info was flying too quickly to catch. Am I off base here? Is this an area that is addressed in the current beta code?

#10803 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

If I’m not mistaken, MM has its points multiplied by modes you’ve completed, so if you get there with the “minimum” steps completed, the final score is fairly low. 10M is HUGE in Houdini though

My final was only something like 3.8M, so MM only gave me a little more than 1M. My comment was, I had seen in streams that completing all illusions gives something like 10M bonus on its own. If I had my preference I would have liked to have finished that achievement, scooped up the additional bonus and then moved on to my game ending wizard mode

#10805 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Its all about the settings.
If its too easy, you get MM before the illusions bonus and the game ends early.
So, make it a little harder to get Houdini letters.

Fair point. I am playing with the settings as I received the game. I haven't looked at how the defaults were changed. In either case, my feedback to AP would be that I would prefer to continue playing after the final mode than have the game end. Maybe I am in the minority on this, I dunno.

I think the only game in my collection that ends is TNA (maybe GB on the new code? I don't remember). And that makes sense because once you blow up the last reactor, that's it. There's nothing else to do. And I think the last reactor blows you up too, so there you go.

#10833 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

The Houdini chant is being added in this new release that some of you are testing. When you hear it, it means you have performed all 10 stage acts, and a shot back into the stage will award you the 'encore bonus'. The bonus was introduced in the last main release, this just gives it the pomp and circumstance it deserves.

Rosh,

Have you had a bug report about the chanting never ending? It started as expected after collecting the completed illusions bonus. It continued as I played on. It then continued after that ball ended. Then through the next ball. It still kept going during MM...AND after if finished. THEN it continued after the game in attract mode. I could only make it stop by turning the game off or smashing my head with a hammer. Thankfully the power switch was closer than the toolbox.

I know the crowd loves me all, but I never want to hear that again! haha.

#10835 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Must have been a heck of a game to have the crowd refuse to leave and demand an encore, not sure why you did not hit start to give it to them, maybe they then would have stopped! First I've heard of this, thanks for letting me know.

After the 3rd chant, it felt like I was being heckled off stage. I wanted to fire bomb the lot of them! Actually, would be kind of funny to have this running during a tournament mode. I can tell you, it's nigh impossible to concentrate with that on endless loop.

Send me a PM if there is any info you need to help recreate. Also, there is another small bug with the game summary listing when the illusion count goes double digits. It shifts the numbers to the right one and they overlap the icons/text. https://photos.app.goo.gl/qUYqs5JoDmvDQrf2A

1 week later
#10935 3 years ago

I took it upon myself to translate from screenshot to amazon link for the betterment of the universe....
https://www.amazon.com/self-adhesive-durable-resistant-multi-purpose-different/dp/B01N2RSPY2/ref=sr_1_13

3 weeks later
#11282 3 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

Let me start by saying I like houdini. The layout, the shots and the light show. I had the issue with weak flippers. It was so bad I didn't even turn the machine on for 2 weeks and i just bought it less than 2 months ago NIB. So I ordered the the coil fix. Woohoo! It works great. I have no weak flippers! I put about 12 games on it and flipper power is not an issue. Now, I have flipper collapse. Not all the time but if a ball is whipping around it happens. So now if I want to fix that I have to buy the EOS fix. I know most will say its a great game, I shouldn’t complain about a few issues but this is my 5th NIB and I have never had to buy parts to solder or install to make the game play normal. So here I sit contemplating whether to bite the bullet and fix it or move on.

There is a setting to increase the hold power. For me it did eliminate most flipper knock backs. Try that before ordering the EOS switches. It might be enough of an improvement for you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!
Other
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 49.99
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mclean, VA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Corona, CA
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
Plastics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobF.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread?tu=RobF and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.