20180426_162959 (resized).jpg
76C6C594-C5E2-42C3-B0BA-DC6FB65B5334 (resized).png
33583E42-C6C2-435C-B301-C95470FBEA1F (resized).png
IMG_1470 (resized).jpeg
20230531_171203 (resized).jpg
20230530_210512 (resized).jpg
0F6D3A86-9F6A-43B3-A1FA-F4155ECAB32A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #145 Houdini Pinball initial flyer Posted by HighProtein (7 years ago)

Post #184 Initial reveal at TPF Posted by SilverballNut (7 years ago)

Post #190 Introductory Price of Houdini Posted by 1iblind (7 years ago)

Post #198 Initial Pictures of Machine Posted by lllvjr (7 years ago)

Post #229 Playfield Close-Up Pics Posted by bigd1979 (7 years ago)

Post #284 Machine feature details Posted by rosh (6 years ago)

Post #312 More feature details Posted by rosh (6 years ago)

Post #385 Double switch lane picture Posted by pinballrockstar (6 years ago)

Post #420 Pinball show appearance schedule for Houdini Posted by rosh (6 years ago)

Post #434 Houdini pics from Allentown show Posted by PinballSTAR (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kenz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8806 4 years ago

Can we confirm the new code will definitely be released/ready on the 16th. Does anyone have a list of the updates?

2 months later
#9129 4 years ago

Rosh is working to improve the code and a firmware update to fix these issues..

1 week later
#9165 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Just recently installed the knocker. The bullet catch integration is SO COOL! Easy install and well worth the price.

Yeah was looking to buy it too. However postage to the UK was $44.. gulp!

3 weeks later
#9281 4 years ago

On the next update I think the lightshow needs more work. It has the theme and modes just needs the code tidied up..

3 months later
#9696 4 years ago

Had a really good game the othernite and progressed thru a number of modes..However on one of the modes, forget which one the lights on the playfield went out and then some flickered on in places.. Sure I have seen this happen before..
Think the code still needs work.. Overall this pin could really be improved with a better lightshow.. It's good but could be top 20..

#9702 4 years ago

Lights seem to flicker as if it was a fault. Ok will test and report back!

1 month later
#9799 4 years ago

I think one of the things Rosh was looking to do was a firmware update on all the boards. Nothing stopping this machine on having a lightshow equivalent to TNA etc. It really could do with improvements in this area. The whole package needs to be a bit slicker. It has the makings of a top 20 pin with shots, theme And toys!

3 weeks later
#9852 4 years ago

Can't wait

2 weeks later
#9915 4 years ago

Hi Rosh,
How far away is the update?

#9926 4 years ago

Rosh,
No problems. Appreciate the work you are doing on this..

4 weeks later
#9996 4 years ago

Ditto

Quoted from wolftownjeff:

When will the new code be available?
Looking forward to it.

#10007 4 years ago

I’d suggest making sure all connectors on the PSU are not loose and screwed in tight. Think I had a slight issue with the flippers when installing the knocker which connects direct to the PSU it resolved this.

#10013 4 years ago

I think when Rosh releases the new code it will take this pin to the next level!

2 months later
#10464 3 years ago

Josh/American Pinball. Can we have an update?

2 weeks later
#10489 3 years ago

Had this game a wee while now. Do we have a flow chart of how to reach Master Magician. I guess you spell out Houdini.

Rosh,
We also could do with something like you get on WOZ attract mode explaining how to complete modes. For a newbie it can be confusing.

#10497 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I think a lot of if it is mental, when you make the milkcan, or if finds its way in there, you instinctively think "I got the milkcan, now don't blow the ramp shot . . . ah crap".

There are some tips that come up in attract, and you can use the flipper buttons to refresh it. You may want to check out the rulesheet here . . .
http://tiltforums.com/t/houdini-rulesheet/3934

Just what I needed...

Thanks rosh

2 weeks later
#10575 3 years ago

I have a Houdini, Octoberfest is definitely on my wanted list. Josh admitted that the code on Houdini still needs work. Best things come to those that wait

#10658 3 years ago

Rosh, any idea on when the new production code will be ready.

2 weeks later
#10778 3 years ago

Rosh,
Any update on when we can expect the new code to become available..

#10798 3 years ago

On my pin the Beta code loses track of the ball at times. I'm sticking with it as I have had some good games on it. But I do wish the code had more polish. The machine is built better than any Stern and deserves it.

3 weeks later
#10984 3 years ago

Stern and JJP are the same when doing updates. Find your oldest smallest sized USB and use it. That's what I've found. If you don't have a USB1 4GB stick buy one on eBay..

1 week later
#11087 3 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

So I finally did some much needed final tweaking on my Houdini. I adjusted the "Magic" targets and made them more sensitive, and did some other stuff like that, but the big thing was dropping the flippers back a tiny bit. Oh wow, what a difference. I mean a big difference. I was pretty good at hitting the milk can and other shots, but now - much much more reliable at hitting that guy. But the big bonus was the other shots. I dropped both flippers and now the Stage Alley shot is a hundred times more likely to shoot like a hot knife through butter to the stage. Also, much easier to complete ramp shots and the inner loop seems to reject fewer shots. I was always pretty happy with my ability to hit these shots before, but now they are acting more like how I imagine they were designed. Really something everyone should do. I also noticed that the flippers were not really evenly set at the factory, so a good thing to check regardless. So my takeaway is that when leveling, adjusting and generally tweaking, you should try this flipper adjustment to see if it is for you too.

Can we get some pics of the dropped flippers ?

#11120 3 years ago

I take it this flipper mod only applies to those with the updated or newer power supply?

#11121 3 years ago

Been playing a lot more Houdini of late. A few changes I would make is when you complete a letter to spell out Houdini it should be celebrated a lot more. I would prefer the Houdini letter lights to turn into a very bright gold on completion. I would also like a few more high scores, most letters completed and highest score on each individual stage. Rosh can you make this happen

1 week later
#11323 3 years ago

Josh,
Any closer with the update ?

#11374 3 years ago

'This game is a classic and just keeps getting better. Looking forward to the new code.
One suggestion: while the attract mode is pretty with the rainbow of colors, I think it is out of step with the steampunk theme. Maybe having an option for more period correct lighting effect would be more appropriate? Keeping it in the yellow / orange spectrum or a flame effect would be nice. Or maybe separate out the colors i.e. blue/green in seance area , purple around Houdini, orange in the pops, etc. Not a big deal, just my 2 cents.'

Agree that the attract mode needs to be a bit more special.. Steampunk theme and colours would work. I want it to stand out from my Stern and JJP pins..

#11401 3 years ago

Yep, knocker is integrated really well on some of the modes. Would like it used on a high score too..

One more thing, gonna try to fit pinstadiums onto this pin. Now the used ones I bought are pretty butchered cabling wise and don’t come with a power supply. Any existing boards have capacity to run this?

#11408 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I would use the service outlet for all non-factory mods.
This game is a bit power sensitive.

Not sure UK machines have service outlets?

#11417 3 years ago

Hi Rosh,
I'm in the uk and don't have any of the issues with power and pin is running on the original supply. What are you thoughts about fitting Pinstadiums. After my previous post I'm starting to think this might not be the pin to fit them on. How best to connect them up too ?

Thanks
Kenny

#11419 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

It's all personal preference, of course, but I've never thought Houdini needs Pinstadiums (I have three sets of them BTW). Based on your collection I'd suggest you put them on WOZ, I have them on mine and it makes a big difference on that game.

Previous owner installed additional spots and a strip of LED's at the back. So kinda covered for WOZ.

With Houdini how many flashers does it have installed..

#11420 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Previous owner installed additional spots and a strip of LED's at the back. So kinda covered for WOZ.
With Houdini how many flashers does it have..

#11425 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

There are no actual flashers in Houdini which is another reason I'd pick a different game to put them on. The spotlight that points at the stage door and flashes when it's open is also on all the time at certain points so I'd never hook the flasher control up to anything I can think of in Houdini.

Ok thanks for the advice, will knock that on the head then..

#11426 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Ok thanks for the advice, will knock that on the head then..

2 weeks later
#11520 3 years ago

Was changing some game settings and thought I’d try the pre made easy setting. Went to play a game and the right flipper stuck in the up position. Tried fixing it in test mode nothing worked. Re-installed the OS. Still nothing. Decides to lift the playfield and guess what. The spring on the right flipper fell off. Weird timing or what. Anyways reattached the spring and it fell off again. It looked a bit stretched at the end. Anyways have some spare Bally/Williams flipper springs. I noticed these springs are longer than AP’s. Fitted them to both flippers and I feel the flippers are more Bally/Williams like, seem better to me than they were. My pin has had 400 plays..

A83368D1-8F23-4D5B-A660-3D68AF5D582E (resized).jpegA83368D1-8F23-4D5B-A660-3D68AF5D582E (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kenz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread?tu=Kenz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.