20180426_162959 (resized).jpg
76C6C594-C5E2-42C3-B0BA-DC6FB65B5334 (resized).png
33583E42-C6C2-435C-B301-C95470FBEA1F (resized).png
IMG_1470 (resized).jpeg
20230531_171203 (resized).jpg
20230530_210512 (resized).jpg
0F6D3A86-9F6A-43B3-A1FA-F4155ECAB32A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #145 Houdini Pinball initial flyer Posted by HighProtein (7 years ago)

Post #184 Initial reveal at TPF Posted by SilverballNut (7 years ago)

Post #190 Introductory Price of Houdini Posted by 1iblind (7 years ago)

Post #198 Initial Pictures of Machine Posted by lllvjr (7 years ago)

Post #229 Playfield Close-Up Pics Posted by bigd1979 (7 years ago)

Post #284 Machine feature details Posted by rosh (7 years ago)

Post #312 More feature details Posted by rosh (7 years ago)

Post #385 Double switch lane picture Posted by pinballrockstar (7 years ago)

Post #420 Pinball show appearance schedule for Houdini Posted by rosh (6 years ago)

Post #434 Houdini pics from Allentown show Posted by PinballSTAR (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JagDaniels.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12023 3 years ago

I think it's just the normal backglass lock, that nobody could get into the backbox if the game is on location.

1 week later
#12206 3 years ago

Mhmm...i have no idea how this left lock works, if i shoot a ball there it just releases the ball in front and raises the jackpot value. I never recognized there are 3 switches...

2 weeks later
#12342 3 years ago

I think it's sold out...

3 weeks later
#12406 3 years ago

At first i would check the fuses, the most of them should be located under the playfield. Just be sure they are not blown...

As a beginner you may will have some really good Information in that video :

Its from a hotwheels but its similar.

1 week later
#12424 3 years ago

Is there any whitenoise sound out of the speakers as you put the volume up?

If there is complete silence i would think the small amplifier is broken or the loudspeakercable are not connected to the amplifier. Maybe the amp has no power, there should be a lighted led.

You also could put the small aux cable from the amplifier in a random soundbox to test if the sound works out of the computer.

#12427 3 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

the

the loud speaker cable is that on the bottom of the cabinet or on top.. pictures would help.. thanks for your help, there is complete silence. i will check

1. check if the amplifier has power, there goes a cable into the amplifier for power (power input), and that it sits correctly.

2. check if the amplifier on / of switch is in the on position (I) not (o)

If your game is powered on, and the amplifier is turned on there should be a small LED (red) lighting. To indicate the amplifier is on.

Check this homepage for a good view of the amplifier.

https://www.soundimports.eu/de/lepai-lp-168ha.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkK6vmI2h7wIVxYbVCh0MYQ9WEAQYASABEgJ4EfD_BwE

The speakercables are all nearby and are thin, a pair goes on the upper side of the backbox and a pair goes down on the lower side of the backbox.

Check the picture (screen is dismounted).

Houdini has no subwoofer or any speaker in the cabinet.

08-03-2021-17:41:55-PM (resized).jpg08-03-2021-17:41:55-PM (resized).jpg
1 month later
#12527 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

The amp has a sub woofer output. Just use that. [quoted image]

I use the "inputs" (chinch) to connect an external active subwoofer, and it works perfect. I don't know why, but the input does really well as an output !

4 months later
#13047 2 years ago

MG and Josh, i will stay awake for this in europe, excited what it is...

I wish a good stream !

#13048 2 years ago

Co-op feature on all AP games ! ! !Damn i am happy to have two games sitting here, especially on houdini it's a great move.
This game got so much love from AP, i discovered just a bit and there's so much more to explore. Still updates coming !

Thanks AP

#13051 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Thanks for the love! At American Pinball, we work hard to provide great value in our games, long after you've purchased them.

Best reason to buy imo. Happy to see something on the expo.

2 weeks later
#13119 2 years ago

https://store.american-pinball.com/products/kit0006-00

This capacitor kit will help to add a bit more power for the flipper coils. It is not really a coil change... Just more power for the Flippercoils if there is a heavy use like multiball stacking.

AP works on different coils for houdini, the get a overall better performance.
But the cap kit as shown above is a good cheap investment to get way better performance with the game.

I highly recommend it !

1 month later
#13207 2 years ago

Somethimes i forget how beautiful this game is ! Great shot and have a good flip

1 week later
#13321 2 years ago

For me its also one of the best games ever made, i would consider selling my hotwheels first ( I also like hot wheels a lot ) . Houdini has so much to do and never gets boring. I like the fact it is a bit slower and need a good accuracy to hit the shots.
I also like that it has sooooooooo many modes, you can go for escapes or just multiball stacking. Like stacking straight jacket multiball into seance mulitball and watching people playing with crossed armes for more than a while.

That makes me smile whenever it happens.

#13355 2 years ago

I use an extern subwoofer, and the additional bass is amazing ! I really is a must have if you don't have a cabinet woofer. Cabinet woofer should work fine also.

1 month later
#13519 2 years ago

Imo the hardest shot is the catapult shot, but with the Right flipper it becomes the easiest.

It's one of my all time favorit games !

1 week later
#13549 2 years ago

You need the end of stroke switches for that, it helps :

Check the scond part of the video and the end.

Greetings dan

3 months later
#13783 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I had heard no catapult on stripped version.

I am not sure were this come from but there is more information in the "next american pinball" thread. I like that these guys are always around to q and a.

Rosh said :

"Houdini was designed as a premium game, so I know there is talk of trimming out some of the 'bling' that adds a lot the expense to do a 'standard' version that can remain more affordable, given where pin prices are going. If this happens, I expect things like the fancy sculpts would be replaced with plastics, the fancy spot lights with generic ones, the lollypop rails would be replaced with standard rails, stuff like that"

#13789 2 years ago

It's like in a restaurant (a damn expensive one ). Not every game hits the personal taste.
I remeber walking to classic Indiana Jones and stop playing after 10 minutes. I didn't like anything about this game.

Houdini is like a show, you like it or you don't. It's definitely not one of the games you fully explore in a short time, and for beginners it can be frustrating.

But i personally love the magic feeling the game offers, like manipulate the balls all the time, the illusions it creates, if you hit the difficult shots It's absolutely rewarding to watch your ball flying into that trunk. Also watching friends stacking multiballs and being stuck into the straight jacket multiball for minutes.
It always makes me laugh !!!!

And i bought a used game for a descent prize, with the look of a LE nowadays. It's really a good choice for the prices we all have to pay these days.

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I certainly don't want to cause any rumors or controversy. My apologies if I have.
I went back yesterday and tried to find here on pinside where I had read or seen that.
I believe it was a TPF thread. But cannot find it.
Indeed the Trunk mech would be a travesty to lose. Thinking the second catapult could be replaced with a kick out. But then, your really only losing one wire form.
Personally For Houdini when it was launched I loved the idea of 1 model, 1 style, 1 masterpiece.
I think it should stay that way.

Nah you didn't cause rumors ! I also likes that they had no LE super LE, Mega super LE, 40th EDITION Magic LE, DIFFERENT TRIM greedy for money Super LE and so on...
But people looking for value all the time, so they are forced to do the same as every company. Also P3 were joining the LE builder club.

But in my case it pushes me a bit out of getting a NIB machine. Because i don't care for that bling bling...

Also remember :

"Hey honey... I want to buy myself a new pinball game, it's that super rare LE Version just a hand full (1000) will be made."

"Mhmmm....yeah...why not ? What will it cost ?

"Just 15k !!!! "

"SLAAAAAAAPPPPPPP!"

1 month later
#13890 1 year ago

Nice one ! See you

2 months later
#14050 1 year ago

Try to get the trunk shot after holding the ball with the right flipper. It's pretty easy if you know the timing. You will hit the shot frequently and easy.

#14063 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

External sub-woofer.

The biggest improvement for sure. Damn the sound gets good with a external sub !

8 months later
#14592 11 months ago

You machine produces logs automatically when a random usb drive is insert in the service USB cable left side in the cabinet. Just play the game till it happens and send the logs to AP.

Also sometime a new flashed USB drive with the actual software build is solving issues.

Greetings Daniel

3 weeks later
#14645 10 months ago

I have to say, i had a great service experience with AP, they got me a new goodie bag for a friends houdini that was missing.
My hot wheels was dropped a lot till it arrived in europe, and distributor sent me the worst possible NIB Game in a box that looked like one that had a cagefight.
Without the support and chats with my distributor i would have never get this problem solved, so at least the distibutor changed my broken cabinet.

I know everyone has his own experience, but mine was good.

10 months later
#14809 24 days ago

The right flipper is all the magic it needs ! It becomes easy to hit the tight shots with an accuracy of 90%.

I also recommend checking for weak flipper mechanics, because it's a multiball heavy game. I replaced mine and the flippers are strong as never before.

This game is one of the best games i ever played. It creates an illusion, the magnets, the trunk shot...
The humor getting stuff out of the hat.... It's full of details everywhere.

People should give it a try. AP worked out every issue and with all the upgraded It's solid as a tank and playing very well ! Also the updates added a significant amount of content like better light shows, more jokes and modes. If you like original themes... Go for it. Also teammode on this game is great, it makes it more easy to achieve some of the mini wizard modes... Maybe you all get master magicians .

If you have no woofer ! Put it on the amplifier and get a amazing sound / music package.

Btw. Check the history of houdini or at least the wikipedia side and you will get the grade of detail thats in the game. Why is a ghost telling you stuff during seance multiball, whats about the ouija board... Or the morse codes...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JagDaniels.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread?tu=JagDaniels and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.