20180426_162959 (resized).jpg
76C6C594-C5E2-42C3-B0BA-DC6FB65B5334 (resized).png
33583E42-C6C2-435C-B301-C95470FBEA1F (resized).png
IMG_1470 (resized).jpeg
20230531_171203 (resized).jpg
20230530_210512 (resized).jpg
0F6D3A86-9F6A-43B3-A1FA-F4155ECAB32A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #145 Houdini Pinball initial flyer Posted by HighProtein (7 years ago)

Post #184 Initial reveal at TPF Posted by SilverballNut (7 years ago)

Post #190 Introductory Price of Houdini Posted by 1iblind (7 years ago)

Post #198 Initial Pictures of Machine Posted by lllvjr (7 years ago)

Post #229 Playfield Close-Up Pics Posted by bigd1979 (7 years ago)

Post #284 Machine feature details Posted by rosh (7 years ago)

Post #312 More feature details Posted by rosh (7 years ago)

Post #385 Double switch lane picture Posted by pinballrockstar (7 years ago)

Post #420 Pinball show appearance schedule for Houdini Posted by rosh (6 years ago)

Post #434 Houdini pics from Allentown show Posted by PinballSTAR (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HOOKED.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#455 6 years ago

I was impressed by Houdini from what I could see yesterday. Not wanting to stand in line just admired the effort from a few feet away. Looks like a solid first effort and I cant wait to get under the hood.

2 months later
#695 6 years ago

Any local guys in Chicago see factory workers or help.wanted ads yet? Wonka needs workers at some point. Sub assembly starts well before production.

5 months later
#1722 6 years ago

rosh is it possible for someone to document the playfield changes as they happened along the way? Thinking years down the road when / if samples are being sold and collected we would have a great source of info. Sample machines of other manufacturers are still found today on secondary markets. Being this is the first AP game it would be fun to read and see the progression while the information is fresh.

1 month later
#2097 6 years ago

We are.working on a marque, shooter plate and one other un named. Still waiting on my game like most of us.

2 weeks later
#2260 6 years ago

Got notice of shipment ....cant wait.
I had a feeling it would be the week I would be tied up at work lol. Typical pinball timing for me lol.

#2324 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

There are a few down there, but not sure if any are on location. Larry from flip 'n out, flipnout1 might know, since he distributes into a lot of that area.

There is one on an RL truck that will be delivered in NC come morning, let the games begin.

1 week later
#2463 6 years ago

Two switches I wish they would address.
Entry to left loop and the trail next to the ramp, no sounds trigger and a small tweak.

What sound settings are you guys using? Mine gets louder but doesn't sound like I remember at SFGE last year.

Love the animations that take a jab at the other manufacturers makes me laugh.
They poke at Stern- JJP and AFMr

3 weeks later
#2941 6 years ago

That would have had to have been one heck of an air ball.

2 weeks later
#3432 5 years ago

Anyone else noticed the naked girl in the window on the center plastic? Noted it today when i was toying with a mod placement.

#3434 5 years ago

Mod has nothing to do with the girl but after finding her I need a new place to put my mod lol. Oh those wacky AP guys.

#3444 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Whoever finds it please share, I won’t be able to see one in person for a few weeks

Berry

Quoted from BarryJ:

There is 1 more to find,not as easy as the first.

Does it have to do with a lock?

#3504 5 years ago
Quoted from Malibu-SS:

Happened to me also

When mine was delivered the cover was off. Double side tape works great or rail tape if you have it

#3603 5 years ago

New mod coming from Hookedonpinball.com
Custom cast hand painted we are tweaking lighting but close enough to share. To get on the pre buy list email me at [email protected]
This is our proto finishing touches to be added, plug in and play tucks in behind rt ramp. Install pictures will be posted in a few weeks.

423DAF7C-0168-4458-AF87-BDBFC8E1C5B9 (resized).jpeg423DAF7C-0168-4458-AF87-BDBFC8E1C5B9 (resized).jpeg

8F1272EF-2AA5-4604-8623-3429F0A6530A (resized).jpeg8F1272EF-2AA5-4604-8623-3429F0A6530A (resized).jpeg

58BD208A-0D0D-453A-81BF-660F253F5A19 (resized).jpeg58BD208A-0D0D-453A-81BF-660F253F5A19 (resized).jpeg

#3769 5 years ago

Just got my shaker today very cool addition well worth it.

#3911 5 years ago

Houdini is in the tank!
ok well his proto type is in the tank - few tweaks and off to paint work.
These should start shipping in late June early July.

houdini12 (resized).jpghoudini12 (resized).jpg

tank (resized).jpgtank (resized).jpg

1 month later
#4766 5 years ago

If I were a straight jacket where would I be ?
What do you guys think of this mod? Cant decide where to place it.
The original thought was behind the pops but I kinda like it infront of the trunk and it does not get near the flying ball.

Mod will be available Aug 2018 in paint stage now this is my proto.
3d cast based on his actual jacket currently on display all the way down to the buckles on the back of the jacket and its hand painted.

hookedonpinball.com

IMG_1634 (resized).jpgIMG_1634 (resized).jpgIMG_1635 (resized).jpgIMG_1635 (resized).jpgIMG_1636 (resized).jpgIMG_1636 (resized).jpgIMG_1638 (resized).jpgIMG_1638 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#5359 5 years ago

Had some issues downloading new code and Berry was quick to answer my questions all is well now.

Since the code change have noticed more air balls than before an my catapult shot to the trunk has missed 40%.
Figure it is a coil setting. Anyone else noticed that? I am sure I can dial it in but never had to take off of the factory settings prior.

Noticed new light show and call outs. Seems some of the animations are a bit quicker also.
Thanks API look forward to game 2.

#5386 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

My catapult has gone wacky too. Currently makes it into the trunk 90% of the time, but always rebounds off the left side of the cabinet to do so.
How's that water torture mod coming Hooked?

Casting complete in paint. Can't finish soon enough long time coming.

#5391 5 years ago

Take pictures of the connections you mentioned maybe you have two connectors swapped on the board or field. We can compare to one of our working machines.

1 week later
#5538 5 years ago

Running newest code hit a glitch well a few in a row.

Started needle multi ball. The announcement that the mode was starting played and the animation started then the announcement started again played throughed. Played through mode till the 10 second count down which I started extra time. Next hit scoop to started seance multi and while the ball was in the scoop the jailer started talking a and the call outs all jumbled. Lit right side ball save to which I drained a ball and the save mode did not start... strange series of glitches.

3 weeks later
#6013 5 years ago

Anyone speculate production numbers yet? Maybe someone who recently recieved a nib pin can post a serial number and born on date.

3 weeks later
#6483 5 years ago

Barry tell those boys to chop chop on the knockers.
Ordered my power supply and I would love to get a knocker with my credit.

#6524 5 years ago

My power source will be here today hoping to I stall today. Hop it fixed my trunk issue.

#6542 5 years ago

Installed the new power supply today. My trunk shot was as low as 50% accuracy. Now with 4 games in after coil adjustments its hitting like it did out of the box.
Total install time was 30 min. Having done one I believe I could do it in 15 minutes tops.

One hint if your shoulders are over a size 44 be careful. Squeezing in there to mount the add on power box with the playfield resting on the service brackets is a tight squeeze. Also they send machine screws in the kit to mount to the wood cab so you will need some attaching hardware, cutters and wire strippers.

#6553 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:Where do most people have their settings? Mine were all over the place until I put the new power supply in. Now I'm not sure where to set everything Thanks

I had to move up my trunk shot coul to 27 the pops I like a little more pep so 26 all others on default.
That catapult shot I kept bumping up till it cleared the lip of the trunk.

#6556 5 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

I also had to increase the trunk shot a few times. Bumped the left flipper up 1, so far so good on coil strength. No flipper dropping during multiball, so that is definitely a good thing. New power supply is louder than the original.

I would say the fan noise is somewhere between a Stern and Spooky.
So not abnormally loud but you can here that its on more so with the glass off.

#6612 5 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

And I find I’m getting rejects from the milk can shot more often than not. It bounces back from well within the shot too

I had to adjust my wire form under milk can.
Prior to doing this I almost avoided the shot but now its 50/50 bounce out.

#6616 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

How did you adjust it?

I took Brass pliers and bent the exit side rail in slightly. I did not adjust flippers from factory positions but I would try that first.

1 month later
#7301 5 years ago

Have only played one game on Beta but had something odd happen for the first time.
I installed the new power supply weeks ago and the catapult had been 100%.
In the middle of the game, second time loading the trunk, ball two went wide right and down the ramp and out the entrance.
I finished the game loaded the trunk at least twice without issue.

First game playing I got my second highest score ever due to a 10x multiplier round which was very satisfying and nerve racking lol.

Still one of my top 5 games looking forward to my second AP game.

2 weeks later
#7463 5 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

Speaking of aftermarket, did Hooked On Pinball do something for Houdini? I remember seeing that something was coming, but I don’t recall ever seeing anything released.

You mean these? Yes 90% there waiting on my blue led lights. Been a slow process but everything paint wise is done and jackets are boxed ready to go.
Will be announced officially to those on the wait list and site newsletter first then forums.
Thanks to all waiting it will be worth it.

20181006_172603 (resized).jpg20181006_172603 (resized).jpg20181006_172954 (resized).jpg20181006_172954 (resized).jpg
#7483 5 years ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

Looks great. But I think the straightjacket covers up the nude in the window....

Yes in that shot it does but it can be located anywhere on the PF.
Personally I like it next to the trunk upper left.
Detailed shots being loaded to our site tonight prepping before the launch.
Hookedonpinball.com

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/c28/Houdini-Pinball-Mods

1 week later
#7594 5 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

Flippers need to be turned down in the coil adjustment. You’ll have to fiddle with it until you get it where you want it. Mine are at 22 and I have very few air balls.

What pitch are you at? I am at 6.5 and at times I have balls roll back down the ramp entrance. I do have more air balls just didnt want to back off coils.

4 weeks later
#7775 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Hey guys.
Loving the shit out of my game (can finally break six figures lol).
I was playing last night and I have no idea what I did but the light show was awesome! Play field was dark with minimal lights....it was phenomenal! Can I be so stupid as to ask what mode I was playing?
Sorry such a noob question!

I thought my machine had crashed first time that happened. Suprises abound throughout. Just wish I was a better player. Still have not finished all the tricks in one game.

#7777 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I have a Houdini coming in February
How come guys love this game and some hate it ? I’m stoked to get it ?

You would have to read through a lot of posts to get a good answer to that question. For me I like the shot layout and being they are tight it makes me a better player. Also theme is to my liking along with sound. I played it at a show and knew within two plays I'd give them (AP) and the game a shot. No regrets still love it a year later. SW,DP and AS all left and Houdini is still in the house.

If I were to change something on the game it would be high resolution cab art and fix my milk can shot bounce out. Other than that is good would buy again today one year later.

3 weeks later
#8097 5 years ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

Here is the tank installed. The big opto obscures his face, unfortunately. You can still see the shadow of Nosferatu on the blade art. The lights work with GI and also flash when the stage light flashes. During Chinese water torture mode, the figure twists and squirms in the tank. Or maybe I am just sleep deprived and imagining that.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I have had one customer place the tank next to the trunk . As long as it does not create a ball trap the placement it limited only to wire length.

1 week later
#8231 5 years ago

Would love an interactive topper for Oktoberfest. Thinking a bar under glass much like fishtails dome. Have drop or flip up targets that pop up in Stein glasses form indicating which of the shot lanes are lit. As shots are made the Stein gets knocked down . Once bar is clear you get an on tap multiplier till next mode is started.

I really though about getting the Houdini factory topper, but like most other factory toppers its just the game name repeated above the translite.

#8238 5 years ago

Who makes the best side blades for Houdini?
Wanted to get art rather than mirror on this title but would.like to see some pics of art blades installed to get a better feel. Post them if ya got them.

#8247 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I have these in my game and they look good but I prefer the ones from AP. Only have these as they came with my game
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/houdini-steam-punk-gameblades

How close is the pf to decal area? 1/16?
Would hate to scuff them.

Ap guys can you see wood grain through the decal?

#8282 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is there a naked woman on the plastic that covers the skill shot targets?

Why yes there is. Rumor has it there is a second but knowone has posted where she is.

1 week later
#8427 5 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

My other change today was to add a light strip to the back box to better light the crowd. I found some cheap light strips on ebay, added a molex connector and spliced into the back box gi. The 50 cm is a perfect length
ebay.com link » 30 50cm 5050 5630 7020 Smd 21 36led Aluminum Alloy Shell Cabinet Strip Light Bar
[quoted image][quoted image]

I added a strip of warm 12v LEDs to mine. It's a simple two touch solder and your rolling. Also added two foam beer seal strips on the curtain so light would not get to the display. Great simple solution.

#8451 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

I have been taken out of retirement..
Looks like Dhaval wants me to go to a couple of shows.
Thinking I might go to Freeplay this year, last year had to cancel at the last minute.
Pinburg
Southern fried
Kalamazoo, Pinball at the ZOO
But I need to confirm these shows with the team API.

Sfge?

4 weeks later
#8761 5 years ago

"If you have the water torture mode from HookedOnPinball.com, there will be instructions on how to wire in a way in which the game will be smart about it. It does not do a lot, but when selecting a stage mode during player choice, it will flash the tank, when in that mode. If the stage is open and that will be the mode it will also be flashing. During the mode it will flash the tank and if the 'water torture GI' setting in features is changed, it will turn off the back panel when to further highlight the tank. At other times it will just turn on and off with the GI. I had one idea on a use for it, but not yet implemented."

Thanks Josh and all the kind fellas at AP.
Cant wait to download the code and see our mod interact.
This is a first factory implementation we have had and I hope there are many more to come.
AP you guys rock and your support of the community is tremendous.

2 weeks later
#8899 5 years ago

I too have the hookedonpinball.com version.
I tried it here but it blocked the peep show. Now it is next to the trunk. Shots of trunk location on our site

20181006_172954 (resized).jpg20181006_172954 (resized).jpg
#8915 5 years ago

This is the hooked on pinball version.
Ours is cast not 3d printed. Our lighting is inside the tank . Easy to see Houdinis feet outside of the tank and he is 3d not flat.

20181006_172603 (resized).jpg20181006_172603 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#9047 4 years ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

Robert is waiting for wiring instructions from Josh to make this work. He will post it for us.

Found install pictures Josh sent so anyone needing them email me [email protected].
I will add pictures to my site this weekend if life allows ...seems too much going on these days.
Thanks to the AP family for all their help and special shout out to Josh for making this happen.
Sorry for the delay in getting the info out there.
Hookedonpinball.com

#9049 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Has something changed since the original mod?

Original tapped back strip light. Now there is a dedicated driver in the code to turn it on and off with game play.

1 year later
#10530 3 years ago

Has anyone came up with a fix for the milk can shot from the right flipper?
Seems the only way I dont get a bounce out is if i hit the right sling with the left flipper and hope for a rebound.

2 months later
#11424 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Get the one that is still available. If either are.
LTG : )

Our sculpted mod is available and interactive via AP code.

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/c28/Houdini-Pinball-Mods

#11436 3 years ago

Nope just had a run. Inventory updated. Also the straight jacket combo is back in stock.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HOOKED.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread?tu=HOOKED and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.