20180426_162959 (resized).jpg
76C6C594-C5E2-42C3-B0BA-DC6FB65B5334 (resized).png
33583E42-C6C2-435C-B301-C95470FBEA1F (resized).png
IMG_1470 (resized).jpeg
20230531_171203 (resized).jpg
20230530_210512 (resized).jpg
0F6D3A86-9F6A-43B3-A1FA-F4155ECAB32A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #145 Houdini Pinball initial flyer Posted by HighProtein (7 years ago)

Post #184 Initial reveal at TPF Posted by SilverballNut (7 years ago)

Post #190 Introductory Price of Houdini Posted by 1iblind (7 years ago)

Post #198 Initial Pictures of Machine Posted by lllvjr (7 years ago)

Post #229 Playfield Close-Up Pics Posted by bigd1979 (7 years ago)

Post #284 Machine feature details Posted by rosh (6 years ago)

Post #312 More feature details Posted by rosh (6 years ago)

Post #385 Double switch lane picture Posted by pinballrockstar (6 years ago)

Post #420 Pinball show appearance schedule for Houdini Posted by rosh (6 years ago)

Post #434 Houdini pics from Allentown show Posted by PinballSTAR (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Genjuro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3527 5 years ago

I think i found a bug. At the end of return from beyond i hit the very last stand up target with my last flip. It still killed the power to the flippers even though it registered the hit on target. I havent taken the glass off to validae this but wanted to post this.

#3563 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

I think i found a bug. At the end of return from beyond i hit the very last stand up target with my last flip. It still killed the power to the flippers even though it registered the hit on target. I havent taken the glass off to validae this but wanted to post this.

@rosh

Just wanted to tag you on this in case you missed it.

#3694 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Pretty sure the other day I completed it on the last flip, but I'll check it out to see. In theory the flippers should die after that film and then come right back to life when the target is hit.

I'll do some manual testing. I hit the e target on the right, then the ball went right down to the right flipper rather quickly, perhaps i caught the drain too quickly before the flippers found power again? Perhaps a quick ball save would correct?

#3728 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

If it was a direct drain off the last hit it would be ball over since during that mode a drain ends the ball, but if it hit a dead flipper that should be back alive at that point, you should not get hosed. I’ll have to check the timing on it.

Thanks. Let me also add in case I am communicating poorly. I was on the right flipper, ball held. The right E target was my last letter needed. It was also my last flip available in that mode. I flipped the ball, hit the e, then heard some audio that i seem to remember saying i had completed the mode to save myself. The rebound off the e had a lot of speed to it and it went down the drain really fast. I think i must have just caught so much speed on that rebound that it just didnt have time and took the drain as game over.

A few side items. When using the start button to end the game, if i walk away like i dont want to play, the game music just keeps going.

I also just had a really sweet game just now. I cant be sure what happened, but i think i ended up with seance, trunk multiball, film and all 6 balls on the field. A LOT was going on to the point where i couldnt do anything but try to keep balls in play.... all of a sudden all of the insert lights went white in this clockwise rotation. The modes were talking over each other, etc... oh, and i had also lit up both escape death and return from beyond before all this started.

When i finally got down to 1 ball again that white rotating pattern was still going.

Not sure if it working as intended or not.

My next post will have a video of after the game was over where you can still see almost an aftershock of this white pattern.

Working as intended or bug i dont know, but it was multiball madness for sure.

#3731 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Sounds like you were in "The Man From Beyond" Film mode, one of my favorites! The first time I got there I had the same thing going on with two multiballs going and I thought the game freaked out but it's intended behavior, the only "problem" is that the Seance video over-rides the Man from Beyond video so you can't see the spotlight trying to find him that matches the playfield lights.

Ah, so the white light ups were part of the film then? Do you have any thoughts on the artifacts that remained during attract mode after the game was over?

And yes there were so many modes going on that i couldn't really tell where i was. I was hearing trunk, film, seance, jail, and combo mission callouts that would be overridden after just a few moments.

It was certainly fun, but total chaos!

#3740 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

bobukcat -- has it right, you must have had Man from Beyond running an then started the two multiballs, a wild and crazy stack, since in the third phase of Beyond all the lights go out except alternating spot lights and the white spot light pattern. As pointed out, it makes Beyond tougher when you have Houdini's mother's floating around the screen blocking your view of the outside of the insane asylum where he escaped from to spot him and know which of the three lit shots is the one that will payoff. It does seem something odd happened at the end and the 'moving spotlight' lightshow did not end when the mode ended, and was continuing to run. Odd since it sounds like the multiballs and mode did end, so not sure what happened there, I'll have to take a closer look.
When Joe Balcer hit that mode for the first time, I was not in the office and he reported to me that here was a major bug and all of the inserts and GI when out. I told him it was supposed to do that in that mode, and his first reaction was "you can't do that", and I said, "yes I can and most people are going to love it". I'm sure the tournament and more serious guys won't be loving it, but pinball is about having fun and that mode is fun.

Hah! If Joe said the same thing then I feel better about typing up a post. I honestly though for a moment that I had broken something. My score doubled when all of this went on and I was so stunned by the 6 ball multi-ball and all the feedback coming at me that when I was done I could feel the adrenaline leaving my body.

Yes, the multiball ended, and then the game ended fully. The video is after the 'fin' screen came up. Do you want me to grab any of the logs and send them to you?

--

I'm really loving this game, and the fact that you guys are here, involved and rationally working through feedback to make it even better than it already is.

Now, if I could only find a proper spot to hook up the UV+Glow feature on my pinstadium lights. *GRIN* ... any place on the machine that you can think of?

--

On a side note, that cage setup is unreal. I guess I can just handcuff people to the machine and let them know they get the key when they reach 1,000,000 points?

#3796 5 years ago

I am still loving this game!

Playing it so much right now.... but found a small bug.

Two balls locked for trunk multiball

API theater is open, ready to start a mode.

Drained the ball

Next ball loads up with one skill shot option being a ball lock

Hit the ball lock skill shot, then immediately nail the API theater before the game recognizes the trunk multiball

Curtain door closes up and trunk multiball plays out until i drain all the balls.

On the next ball the curtain opens back up and the ball i placed in the theater is still there. So technically i now am on ball three with two balls on the playfield. The ball in the API doesnt recognize with the game.

I let the ball drain, and then the game realizes that something is off. So a ball hunt is started and everything returns to normal as it clears the API scoop.

#3822 5 years ago

Im not in front of the menu, but you can off the match feature by setting the percent to zero, and i think the option for match to be there. I seem to remember changing two settings.

1 week later
#4000 5 years ago

I dont have the shaker motor yet, but can someone post a picture of the shaker motor connection point from a wide angle so i can hook up the uv portion of my pinstadium lights? Also, anyone know the voltage going through that? 24v is the max according to pinstadium.

Thanks!

#4002 5 years ago

Is that under the playfield or in the head?

#4086 5 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

Anyone else ever get a 2 ball Trunk Multiball? It happens to me sometimes. Then I might get a 4 ball Seance.

Yes, the number of balls during various multiballs isnt always consistent. Also, during ball saves, sometimes i get one ball back after two or more drain. I think there might be some ball management code updates coming. rosh

8 months later
#7823 5 years ago

rosh Hey there Rosh and fellow owners. Had a league night last night with Houdini in the mix of games and had a malfunction that I need help with. The game seems to have lost ball count during a multiball. One of the balls became held in the upper left area behind the post and the machine did not drop it back down in the left orbit. The player drained the other ball and the machine ended his turn, leaving the ball behind the post.

To make things worse, he was the last person in the group of players and it was ball 3. We believed that he wrote the scores down, before we decided to start a new game and allow him to have one more ball to be added to his score. Unfortunately the scores were not written down and we lost the scores upon start up of the next game.

That being said here is the question: Can I use the log files to retrieve his score, and the other scores for all the players?

Additional note: When we started his next ball, we manually dropped the stuck ball and let it drain.. it didn't end his game... so something on the ball count definitely feels off.

#7827 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

You can send me the log (date and time of the game in question) and I can pull the scores form the logs (logs are not readable). After you pull the logs, please go into utilities and confirm you system clock is correct (24 hour clock) so I am not looking in the wrong place. Any info on scores from the previous game, could also help me get to the correct game scores.
Not sure where you are saying the ball got stuck. The ball should not end if there is an unaccounted for ball, unless it somehow got into 'lost ball mode' and believed a ball was missing, but that would not happen until after a couple of ball searches and it would put another ball into play. The logs will shed some light on this.
send all files that get pull off to [email protected] (include a note reminding me of the issue).

Thanks. I am grabbing the logs now.

4 months later
#9029 4 years ago

Hey all, what does the water torture mod support mean in the notes from the latest code release?

Screenshot_20190605-001652_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190605-001652_Chrome (resized).jpg
#9032 4 years ago

Thanks, definitely sounds cool!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Genjuro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread?tu=Genjuro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.