20180426_162959 (resized).jpg
76C6C594-C5E2-42C3-B0BA-DC6FB65B5334 (resized).png
33583E42-C6C2-435C-B301-C95470FBEA1F (resized).png
IMG_1470 (resized).jpeg
20230531_171203 (resized).jpg
20230530_210512 (resized).jpg
0F6D3A86-9F6A-43B3-A1FA-F4155ECAB32A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #145 Houdini Pinball initial flyer Posted by HighProtein (7 years ago)

Post #184 Initial reveal at TPF Posted by SilverballNut (7 years ago)

Post #190 Introductory Price of Houdini Posted by 1iblind (7 years ago)

Post #198 Initial Pictures of Machine Posted by lllvjr (7 years ago)

Post #229 Playfield Close-Up Pics Posted by bigd1979 (7 years ago)

Post #284 Machine feature details Posted by rosh (7 years ago)

Post #312 More feature details Posted by rosh (7 years ago)

Post #385 Double switch lane picture Posted by pinballrockstar (7 years ago)

Post #420 Pinball show appearance schedule for Houdini Posted by rosh (6 years ago)

Post #434 Houdini pics from Allentown show Posted by PinballSTAR (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CoPinfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5185 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

So this is after match and after 'fin', but before 'last scores'? Please pull and send me the logs. [email protected]
Has anyone else run into this?

Yes I had the same thing happen after a two player game. I'll send logs when I get home tonight.

#5282 5 years ago

Anyone else having problems with the ball getting stuck under the planchet? I think some sort of fence to keep the ball out here would be a good idea.

#5363 5 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Just a black zip tie . Pull the wires together zip tie and if/should the ball get up there, I rolls down to the shooter lane ... 2 minute fix!

I'm trying to picture how this would work. Do you have a photo? Seems like the ball would either be deflected by the wires or roll down behind them and get caught under the planchet. Maybe I should try bending my planchet up a little more.

#5367 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just bunch up the wires together, keeping them as straight and non-bulky as possible, then press them to the planchette bracket, then ziptie the wires at the top of the bracket where the planchette starts and zip tie again at the bottom where the wires bend at the plastic to head to the hole. This helps a LOT.

Ok I'll give it a shot. Thank you

#5432 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Here's a picture of the wires ziptied to the bracket. This has almost completely eliminated the problem on the route Houdini.
[quoted image]

Easy enough. I'm going to do that today. Thank you

1 week later
#5564 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I flipped my glass over and the logo is on the lower left now.
It looks correct.

Regarding the magic glass, is there coating on only one side? I thought it was coated on both sides but i'm not sure.

#5593 5 years ago

Wow! I really hope so.
I LOVE THIS GAME !
It's my only real complaint other than the scrapes in my $100 art blades from a cabinet that is 1/4" too narrow.
But that doesn't affect game play, it just pisses me off a lot...

This happened on my game on day one. Very frustrating. Luckily I caught it before it did too much damage and I was able to repair it somewhat so it’s barely visible. I had to bend that metal piece on the left side of the playfield slightly. Something new owners should be aware of before they lift their playfield for the first time.

#5619 5 years ago

Has anyone heard when the knocker for this game might be available?

3 weeks later
#6049 5 years ago

Open a ticket for service on the API website to get on the list for the add on power board when it comes out.

I'm sorry, this is my first NIB game. How do we open a ticket for this? What information do we need to provide? Don't they already have a service bulletin to fix this? Also, does anyone know how we go about getting the speaker grill light blockers? Is that through API or the distributor?

1 week later
#6324 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The reason I asked is you MUST use a clamp when installing or the right side springloaded one will not stay put over time.

I just installed my cliffys and there was no instructions, so I didn't see this anywhere. Do you think I should loosen the screws and redo with the rails clamped? I also didn't see any info on aligning the protectors under the ball lane. The ball isn't supposed to touch the wood?

1 month later
#7025 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

What location are people installing there New Knocker kit? I know the usual spot, but has anyone mixed it up?; ALA, Addams family or something else creative? Or up in the head, old school?
Lastly, who has installed one yet and how did it go?

Well, I tried to install mine. I didn't put it any place creative, just what the instructions suggested. I have the additional power supply, so I connected the power to the add on board through new connections from the power supply (Brown to Brown - Black to Black). Then I hooked up everything else according to the instructions. Powered it up and set the knocker setting to mechanical and went into test mode. No activity. Tested voltage to the add on board and got 48v. Not sure what I did wrong. But in the process of fiddling with it, I blew a fuse at F101 which is on the driver for half of the solenoids. Now I have to order a new fuse, wait for shipping and in the mean time, my game no work. So to answer your question, it didn't go well.

#7029 5 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

Bummer. Did the folks at American offer thoughts as to why the fuse blew? Sounds like you hooked up the Brown and Black wires for the knocker to the "wall nuts" 3 & 4, which makes sense given the instruction that "your game may have more than 2 Black/Brown Wires," but the knocker didn't work, correct? Then it sounds like you worked with it a bit in an effort to remedy the situation and it blew a fuse? Just curious what you attempted since I am about to receive a power supply and have the knocker ready to install. This is making me want to install the knocker now with the original power supply and confirm that it works. I figure that way, should the transition to the new power supply lead to a blown fuse, I'll know it has to do with power supply hook up rather than the knocker. I find that fuses rarely just blow for the heck of it, so I suspect something is up. Any additional info you have from American or a further description of what you did after the knocker was DOA would really be appreciated. Thanks for posting this.

Yes I connected the wires to the wall nuts of the new power supply. I suspect that I blew the fuse when I was trying to contort myself to reach the power supply to take a voltage measurement and I heard one of the solenoids fire. Although I can't be sure. I've verified that the knocker works by applying voltage directly to the knocker. I havn't contacted American about it yet because I'm not sure if I conducted the knocker test (in the test menu) correctly. I'd like to get another fuse and try the test again before making the conclusion that there is something wrong with the add on board or the programming.

#7041 5 years ago

Glad to hear that is the problem. I'm glad it wasn't something wrong with the add on board.

Quoted from BarryJ:

Yes, that's why it isn't working.. My mistake, sorry about that.

#7042 5 years ago

Has anyone tried to mod the new power supply with quieter fans (ala stern PS fan mod)? Looks like there are two fans. They aren't as loud as the stern fan, but it would be nice if they were a little quieter.

#7066 5 years ago

Good to know, thank you. The fan noise isn't too bad for me. If it was as loud as the sterns, I would risk voiding my warranty.

Quoted from BarryJ:

I would be very careful with modding those fans as you will void the 2 year Mean Well warranty and our 90 Day warranty.

2 weeks later
#7378 5 years ago

So I was running the newest beta and discovered a glitch. During the game it started scoring 50 points every time I hit a flipper no matter what was happening in the game. And each time I hit the flipper, it would make the same sound as when you hit the ESCAPE targets. Love the use of the knocker in Bullet Catch by the way.

1 month later
#7813 5 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

If she keeps doing that I am going to turn the giggles back on the slings.

Thank you for the laugh!

Has anyone deciphered the Morse code on the start button yet?

8 months later
#9570 4 years ago

Anyone else having issues with the sound. If I leave the game on for awhile, the sound will "shrink" and become tinny like if you've blown a speaker. Then after it's been off for awhile, it will be fine. I do have a powered subwoofer attached, so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CoPinfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread?tu=CoPinfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.