20180426_162959 (resized).jpg
76C6C594-C5E2-42C3-B0BA-DC6FB65B5334 (resized).png
33583E42-C6C2-435C-B301-C95470FBEA1F (resized).png
IMG_1470 (resized).jpeg
20230531_171203 (resized).jpg
20230530_210512 (resized).jpg
0F6D3A86-9F6A-43B3-A1FA-F4155ECAB32A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 297.
#4851 5 years ago

Anyone else adjust the sensitivity of their pops? Mine weren't too responsive, but after a quick adjustment, they are nice and snappy.

#4852 5 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Anyone else adjust the sensitivity of their pops? Mine weren't too responsive, but after a quick adjustment, they are nice and snappy.

Mine seem to be getting more snappy the more I play Houdini. I've had mine for 3 months now. They were sorta lethargic at first but they are now very lively without any adjustments made by me.

#4853 5 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Mine seem to be getting more snappy the more I play Houdini. I've had mine for 3 months now. They were sorta lethargic at first but they are now very lively without any adjustments made by me.

Agreed 100%. They are new machines. The more you play it, the more the pops loosen up so to speak.

#4854 5 years ago

Cmon code update...

#4855 5 years ago
Quoted from Lysurgeon:

Cmon code update...

The code is looking good, but since I am on vacation next week, I'm not going to release it until I get back. I will open up the beta to a few more people, just a few, so, PM if you want to participate.

UPDATE: I've closed the door to any more participation in the beta. For those who have PM, and have not heard from me, you will hear from me later today.

#4856 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

The code is looking good, but since I am on vacation next week, I'm not going to release it until I get back. I will open up the beta to a few more people, just a few, so, PM if you want to participate.

Isn't it a tad bit early for Oktoberfest???

#4857 5 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Isn't it a tad bit early for Oktoberfest???

Research, and besides everyone knows that Rosh is a tequila guy

#4858 5 years ago

Just joined the club and I am impressed. Played about 10 games. I like the depth I see already ( I am a fan of ā€œrulesā€ games). Good guidance on where to shoot the ball. Lots to do. I also think the ā€œshots are too tightā€ comments are over blown. I get better with each game on making them.

Great to see American Pinball staff active on this forum. I have seen a lot of that from JJP as well and it makes me want to buy more of your products. Thanks

I also see more code is coming. Is there a list yet of changes. My only comment so far is that the extra ball/ Jackbot callouts seem to be a little too understated. But besides that I have been very impressed with what I have seen so far.

#4859 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Open a support ticket on our website, and also register your game.

Thanks did all that to be told to contact distributor which I could have bipassed all those steps and just contacted my distributor directly.

#4860 5 years ago

My Houdini arrived last night. I've had a few NIBs and never seen a game packed as well as this one! Solid and heavy as a tank too.

#4861 5 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

My Houdini arrived last night. I've had a few NIBs and never seen a game packed as well as this one! Solid and heavy as a tank too.

The packing job is very well done. Ive unboxed an AcDc luci, Di and Houdini in the last couple months. Houdini wins hands down.

#4862 5 years ago

Two more code comments.

Mode count down countinues when the ball goes in the magic hat. Should the countdown freeze until the ball returns to the table.

In the film modes, could pressing both flipper buttons skip the intro to the film?

Sorry if these have been raised elsewhere.

#4863 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Thanks did all that to be told to contact distributor which I could have bipassed all those steps and just contacted my distributor directly.

Sorry, I was not aware they had sent a bunch to each distributor.

#4864 5 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Yep, Houdini had hands-down the best packing job for any pin I've seen. Loved the cardboard rails that made it very easy to slide out of the box.

#4865 5 years ago

I had 1 ball miss the trunk, now trunk post won't go down. Anyone have that happen and know what's the fix?

#4866 5 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

I had 1 ball miss the trunk, now trunk post won't go down. Anyone have that happen and know what's the fix?

Send it to me and I'll play test it for you. Work out the kinks.

#4867 5 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

White nylon post that holds trunk open?
It would be unrelated to a ball miss. Game not that smart.
Go to coil tests and run thru them all. Then do trunk several times to see how it reacts.
Report back.

#4868 5 years ago

Got it. your address?

actually it was just the mechanism bent not allowing the post to slide up and down.

#4869 5 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Got it. your address?
actually it was just the mechanism bent not allowing the post to slide up and down.

Was going to mention only possibles would be debri, bent, alignment.

#4870 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Loved the cardboard rails that made it very easy to slide out of the box.

Makes me a little crazy when I see folks just cut down the box, when we have those there to make it easy to just side it out, but I get that is how many are used to do it. But if you cut the box, then how do your kids make a fort out of it, or use it as a tank or . . . .

#4871 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Makes me a little crazy when I see folks just cut down the box, when we have those there to make it easy to just side it out, but I get that is how many are used to do it. But if you cut the box, then how do your kids make a fort out of it, or use it as a tank or . . . .

I NEVER cut the boxes (barbaric!), and getting Sterns to slide out is a PAIN as a result. But the AP packing on Houdini was a great surprise when it just slid out with little effort as a result of those cardboard rails. Do keep doing that.

#4872 5 years ago

Never got to remove my Houdini from the box and experience the AP rail system.

Just another thing to look forward to on my Oktoberfest though - YA HEY!!!

#4873 5 years ago

I must admit I sliced up the box at 4 corners because that's my normal unboxing.

My cat was a trooper, even when I piled my extras on her scratching post lounger.

its still good (resized).jpgits still good (resized).jpg

#4874 5 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

I must admit I sliced up the box at 4 corners because that's my normal unboxing.
My cat was a trooper, even when I piled my extras on her scratching post lounger.

I saved my box. Out here in Ca we keep them in case of earthquakes, that way we can always sleep in them. I need to look but pretty sure instructions are on box.

#4875 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Funny you should say that Rosh....should start a thread on pinball box uses next...
Here's where my Houdini box ended up... "2 Devils being married??"

#4876 5 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Funny you should say that Rosh....should start a thread on pinball box uses next...

That is frickin adorable! What great kids!
This video has cute factor of 10++

#4877 5 years ago

So disassembled the whole Theater and the captiball servo. Was a 30min job. For the first time not bad.

Then I open the servo and found the problem why it's dead. Two solder joints burned and it smelled strogly scorched.
I think during transport the small pcb in the servo is slipped or it was not not properly soldered by the third party.

#4878 5 years ago

Hay,fellas,I just received a pkg.in the mail from my distro(GEX) and its 2 small black felt like fabric squares with sticky tape on the top& bottom edge,also with 2 wire formed metal clips ??? any one tell me where this goes????Thanks Guys!!!!

#4879 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hay,fellas,I just received a pkg.in the mail from my distro(GEX) and its 2 small black felt like fabric squares with sticky tape on the top& bottom edge,also with 2 wire formed metal clips ??? any one tell me where this goes????Thanks Guys!!!!

Sounds like they may be lower speaker grill foam inserts.

http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2018-6/Speaker-Grill-Installation.pdf

Perhaps metal "clips" are replacement ball gates (?)

#4880 5 years ago

Is this a fix from AP for all Houdini Owners?

btw. here is the pic of the PCB. And the first to legs are bruned

IMG_20180721_175245 (resized).jpgIMG_20180721_175245 (resized).jpgIMG_20180721_180102 (resized).jpgIMG_20180721_180102 (resized).jpgIMG_20180721_180158 (resized).jpgIMG_20180721_180158 (resized).jpg
#4881 5 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Is this a fix from AP for all Houdini Owners?
btw. here is the pic of the PCB. And the first to legs are bruned

What are you showing/asking in the first picture? I can't tell...

#4882 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Sounds like they may be lower speaker grill foam inserts.
http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2018-6/Speaker-Grill-Installation.pdf
Perhaps metal "clips" are replacement ball gates (?)

This is indeed correct. I got the same kit from JJ and installed the foam on the speaker grill. My ball gates are working fine, but it's nice to have the two extra backups in case one breaks...which I have seen happen to one on location.

#4883 5 years ago

the first sentence was related to the contribution of hawkmoon.

My first picture is to show where the servo sits and only for for documentation purposes maybe in the future someone needs pictures from some areas

#4884 5 years ago

Thank-you fellas,Tuna wuz right,clelend,also and thanks mightyGrave!!:)I'm at 785,480 point wise,can do 2 tricks,no houdini letters as of yet! Any body got Houdini letters yet????

#4885 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Thank-you fellas,Tuna wuz right,clelend,also and thanks mightyGrave!!:)I'm at 785,480 point wise,can do 2 tricks,no houdini letters as of yet! Any body got Houdini letters yet????

My record is 3 Houdini (HOU) letters with glass on, lol.

#4886 5 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Too funny, my favorite line "I tried to make the tooth fairy but it didn't work out!" lol You got your moneys worth just with the box. They will never forget the great house dad bought them. Thanks for sharing.

#4887 5 years ago

He's so cute and the story so original it just Had to be done! Introducing the Houdini "MODest Monkey" Mod. Small in size but the detail and process for such a simple mod even caught us by surprise. Each monkey is Hand painted and unique down to his little banana for lunch! Steampunk design gear mount and simple to install. Looks best right of the key lane or next to the beautiful planchette. Its your monkey, You decide! Don't monkey around, bring him home now just Don't feed him after dark!! This and All of our Houdini mods are available and shipping now via our website store! www.TheModCouplePinball.com

Thank for looking! (or don't look the monkey is Modest!)
The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#4888 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

That is frickin adorable! What great kids!
This video has cute factor of 10++

Thanks, they do have quite the imagination!!!
They love their AP playhouse!! It's been 3 months and they play in it everyday!

#4889 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Too funny, my favorite line "I tried to make the tooth fairy but it didn't work out!" lol You got your moneys worth just with the box. They will never forget the great house dad bought them. Thanks for sharing.

I'm not their dad. These cuties are my fiance's daughter's children.
I do have 5 grandkids of my own and these two make 7!!! Yikes!

Her name is Chloee . She is 4. She is a trip for sure!!! She starts kindergarten this year.

His name is Blakke. He's starting 1st grade this year. He's 5.

I don't think that box is going anywhere for a long time!!!

#4890 5 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I'm not their dad. These cuties are my fiance's daughter's children.
I do have 5 grandkids of my own and these two make 7!!! Yikes!
Her name is Chloee . She is 4. She is a trip for sure!!! She starts kindergarten this year.
His name is Blakke. He's starting 1st grade this year. He's 5.
I don't think that box is going anywhere for a long time!!!

Well even better to you! Grand kids are a blessing you get to return at the end of the day. lol I do admit I miss when my daughters were that age... Now I to have grand children so I get to Amazon spoil the crap out of them!

#4891 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

"MODest Monkey" Mod

That's great !

LTG : )

#4892 5 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Come out and Play Houdini August 9,10, 11 2018 @ The Indiana Pinball Show in Fort Wayne, IN in the PINCADES BOOTH
I will have at least 2, maybe more open box show games as well as boxed games for sale.
Best shipping and delivery prices!!!
We can bring Magic Glass if pre-ordered
Contact us 219-924-PINS (7467)
Pincades
Jesse T

Less then 3 weeks away for the show. get your game order in now with blades, glass , or a shaker. Show game pricing. you choose the upgrades!

#4893 5 years ago

The kickout keeps missing ejecting the ball the first time. Not exactly sure how to tweak it. Guidance would be appreciated.

#4894 5 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

The kickout keeps missing ejecting the ball the first time. Not exactly sure how to tweak it. Guidance would be appreciated.

Go to the AP site, there is a guide about how to adjust the scoop. Not all games needed it; mine did, sounds like yours might as well.

Also if the scoop coil is set too -high- it can ricochet off the top of the scoop and fall back, so trydialing it down before you take anything apart.

#4895 5 years ago

Seems like the ball doesnt even kickout the first time. Feels more like a hichup then coil power or even scoop alignment

#4896 5 years ago

Seems like the ball doesnt even kickout the first time. Feels more like a hichup then coil power or even scoop alignment

Itā€™s one or the other, a lot of the games have been doing it

#4897 5 years ago

Sounds similar to what my game did. I found that it was the lock up pin in the trough. The coil was adjusted too high on the coil bracket so the lock up pin didn't drop all of the way below the trough and the ball would hang every once in awhile. I lowered the coil and have not had a problem since.

#4898 5 years ago

rosh any idea when the Australian order might be leaving the warehouse? Iā€™m looking forward to mine arriving in the next few weeks!

#4899 5 years ago

Does anyone know where i can find the vid of that crazy cool Houdini themed room that an owner made ? i watched it a while back and can't seem to find it again anywhere, any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

#4900 5 years ago

PSA

If your gate(s) break contact your purchasing distributor for a replacement set.

The black foam pads are the lower speaker grill covers Here is the link for installation. http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2018-6/Speaker-Grill-Installation.pdf

IF... You run into problems and need help..Feel free to call/text me 224.422.3191 or fill out a service ticket here https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/

You can message me here and I will eventually see it, or you can email me at [email protected], I will see an email before I see a post here or a message here.

BUT REMEMBER...REGISTER YOUR GAME! https://www.american-pinball.com/support/register/

NO register
NO service

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 14,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 297.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread/page/98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.