20180426_162959 (resized).jpg
76C6C594-C5E2-42C3-B0BA-DC6FB65B5334 (resized).png
33583E42-C6C2-435C-B301-C95470FBEA1F (resized).png
IMG_1470 (resized).jpeg
20230531_171203 (resized).jpg
20230530_210512 (resized).jpg
0F6D3A86-9F6A-43B3-A1FA-F4155ECAB32A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 297.
#4751 5 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I am in Topeka and have Houdini and BM66LE along with a GBLE, AFMLE, and WOZRR. Short drive over and You can try them to your hearts desire for free..........how easy is that? Just PM me sometime.

Pinside delivers!

#4752 5 years ago

HOUDINI AMP PICTURE

houdini amp (resized).jpghoudini amp (resized).jpg
#4753 5 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I am in Topeka and have Houdini and BM66LE along with a GBLE, AFMLE, and WOZRR. Short drive over and You can try them to your hearts desire for free..........how easy is that? Just PM me sometime.

Wow. Pinside is AWESOME!

#4754 5 years ago

Ya man, thats how the good guys roll.

Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Wow. Pinside is AWESOME!

#4755 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I did improve a bunch of animations this weekend, but this was not one of them, so it will still say 'placeholder' after this code release'.
Did get the OS update scripts as well this weekend, so once that gets some testing we will be ready for some owner beta testing.

Two streams worth checking out . . .

That is awesome!! Josh I would love to shadow you for a day ... or a week..!

#4756 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Ok guys, not only are you two very lucky...
Your going to love this pin.
Im considering selling several now that this has hit the house.
1) Follow instructions when you open box.
2) Make sure you roll leg levelers all the way up, ie. Touching the bottom of leg, no threads showing.
3) Remove glass, and open coin door, remove coin box, leave it out unless on route.
4) Make sure balls all come out. In instructions.
5) Now set lower catapult, put on 26 if not already. Test all 6 balls in lower catapult, you can just place them in it one at a time. If not making trunk shot increase by 1. Should be fine at 26.
6) If you dont have it yetx install an inclimeter on smart phone, see if you are at 6.5 on playfield with the glass off.
7) How is that lower catpult now?
8) Level, Level, level,nmeaning left to right is balanced.
9) Be careful every time you raise playfield. Its a tight fit, if your not careful you can pop off opto's on right side for subway lock.
10) Put glass back on, dont cheat, Enjoy the hell out of it all night long!.

Can't explain this but I have my rear levelers unscrewed, about 1.5" thread showing, to get to the 6.0 degrees 'y:" axis slope on my playfield (and no, my floor is level). lol
I use the Android app Bubble Level Galaxy. Free and cool!
BTW, my front levelers are screwed all the way in.

#4757 5 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Oh man thx so much!

#4758 5 years ago

You guys really are the best pinheads rock

#4759 5 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Can't explain this but I have my rear levelers unscrewed, about 1.5" thread showing, to get to the 6.0 degrees 'y:" axis slope on my playfield (and no, my floor is level). lol
I use the Android app Bubble Level Galaxy. Free and cool!
BTW, my front levelers are screwed all the way in.

A> Those apps are not super accurate
B> Did you calibrate X/Y level in the app before measuring?

#4760 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A> Those apps are not super accurate
B> Did you calibrate X/Y level in the app before measuring?

Yes. I did calibrate. I can't imagine how slow the ball would be floating around if I made all 4 levelers all the way down.
Try this app on your Houdini and see what you get.

#4761 5 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Quoted from CUJO:

Yes. I did calibrate. I can't imagine how slow the ball would be floating around if I made all 4 levelers all the way down.
Try this app on your Houdini and see what you get.

All the way in should be 6 or 6.5 degrees (can't remember which), all the way in pitch the game will be a little floaty, since that is what Joe likes and is probably good for novices (e.g. location), I think many folks will find a .5 to 1 inch of leveler in the back will give a pitch that flows more to their liking.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That is awesome!! Josh I would love to shadow you for a day ... or a week..!

not sure you would really want to, certainly not a week. I work 10+ hour days and parts of nights an weekends. Since we are a small company I wear a lot of hats, so my days range from meetings on marketing, business operations, Houdini code, game 2 development, customer issues, etc. So, part of that might be interesting and part of that, not so much. My most productive time working on the game code is typically towards end of the day when pretty much everyone else is gone and there are no distractions (usually Jim is the only other person around, and he is also then focused on being productive). Also productive when I do work at home after I have dinner and spend time with the family.

#4762 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

All the way in should be 6 or 6.5 degrees

Providing their floor is flat and level.

LTG : )

#4763 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

game 2 development,

Rick and Morty is going to be AWESOME ! ! !

#4764 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

not sure you would really want to, certainly not a week. I work 10+ hour days and parts of nights an weekends. Since we are a small company I wear a lot of hats, so my days range from meetings on marketing, business operations, Houdini code, game 2 development, customer issues, etc. So, part of that might be interesting and part of that, not so much. My most productive time working on the game code is typically towards end of the day when pretty much everyone else is gone and there are no distractions (usually Jim is the only other person around, and he is also then focused on being productive). Also productive when I do work at home after I have dinner and spend time with the family.

That sounds EXACTLY like my job. Except I don't have a pinball machine at the end of the process

#4765 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Providing their floor is flat and level.

yes, I said that in my original message as I just knew someone would say that Lloyd. lol

#4766 5 years ago

If I were a straight jacket where would I be ?
What do you guys think of this mod? Cant decide where to place it.
The original thought was behind the pops but I kinda like it infront of the trunk and it does not get near the flying ball.

Mod will be available Aug 2018 in paint stage now this is my proto.
3d cast based on his actual jacket currently on display all the way down to the buckles on the back of the jacket and its hand painted.

hookedonpinball.com

IMG_1634 (resized).jpgIMG_1634 (resized).jpgIMG_1635 (resized).jpgIMG_1635 (resized).jpgIMG_1636 (resized).jpgIMG_1636 (resized).jpgIMG_1638 (resized).jpgIMG_1638 (resized).jpg

#4767 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

The original thought was behind the pops but I kinda like it infront of the trunk and it does not get near the flying ball.
3d cast based on his actual jacket currently on display all the way down to the buckles on the back of the jacket and its hand painted.
hookedonpinball.com

Beautiful piece of work! I like the spot near the planchet...

#4768 5 years ago

Waiting for the picture in "look where my ball got trapped ?" Thread ... Don't think I would put it near the catapult !
Looks amazing though! Awesome job!
GLWS .... Sure there will be a lot!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#4769 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

hookedonpinball.com

I think the Spirit plastic is the best art on the game (that doesn't really fit the overall package).

Personally , i would not cover it , but maybe it should be covered by a mod . lol

#4770 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

hookedonpinball.com

I'm voting for the key lane. It sort of makes sense thematically and I agree that by the trunk or by the planchet are not great options.

#4771 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

hookedonpinball.com

Really is a beautiful piece. I am not a big mod guy, but this and some of the others that have been done could certainly find their way on to my machine.

While it fits nicely near the trunk, unless it is incredibly strong I would not put it there, it is going to get hit on occasion and you do have to be careful about ball traps.

While keylane is a nice spot, there is a lot of other stuff in that area, like the lock pops, so might be a little busy looking.

Near Planchette makes that area look busy as well.

I'd consider putting it above the habit trail, between the scoop and the spinner, but obviously more difficult to mount it there, although there is a post that holds the wire form.

Another place to consider is over the inner loop, but might be two wide for that spot (Rosh waits for all the 'tight shot' wise cracks)

#4772 5 years ago

Played about an hour on Aerosmith yesterday. The toy box shot is still pretty neat! But it is no Trunk catapult!!!

#4773 5 years ago

still tweaking mine. seems when it misses it’s always left an inch or 2. great shot though

#4774 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Played about an hour on Aerosmith yesterday. The toy box shot is still pretty neat! But it is no Trunk catapult!!!

It's nowhere near as accurate as the catapult, either.

#4775 5 years ago

Houdini is landed... Time for some magic

IMG_20180711_143029 (Andere) (resized).jpgIMG_20180711_143029 (Andere) (resized).jpgIMG_20180711_143033 (Andere) (resized).jpgIMG_20180711_143033 (Andere) (resized).jpgIMG_20180711_170814 (Andere) (resized).jpgIMG_20180711_170814 (Andere) (resized).jpgIMG_20180711_170836 (Andere) (resized).jpgIMG_20180711_170836 (Andere) (resized).jpg
#4776 5 years ago

Wow 407. That's awesome! I'm glad that this game has sold so well thus far.

#4777 5 years ago

I've hesitated to post this because I thought it was probably obvious and I would eventually figure it out, but 3 months in and I haven't so.... what's the story behind the "Wasn't there a moose looking for a rabbit?" magic shop sequence? All the rest are very obvious but I still don't get this one.

#4778 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I've hesitated to post this because I thought it was probably obvious and I would eventually figure it out, but 3 months in and I haven't so.... what's the story behind the "Wasn't there a moose looking for a rabbit?" magic shop sequence? All the rest are very obvious but I still don't get this one.

Rocky & Bullwinkle I believe.

#4779 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's nowhere near as accurate as the catapult, either.

Not so sure about that statement?? I have yet to Ever see AS miss that shot on my person machine. Houdini not so much.

#4780 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Rocky & Bullwinkle I believe.

First thing I thought of but that game is old and it's a squirrel, not a rabbit.

#4781 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

First thing I thought of but that game is old and it's a squirrel, not a rabbit.

Bullwinkle was always trying to pull a rabbit out of the hat though.

#4782 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Ah, never watched it enough to know that. Thanks!

#4783 5 years ago

Exactly

It is not necessarily done as a homage to the Rocky and Bullwinkle pinball machine (although one of my brother's favorite machines and had quite the cool mechanical backglass), more of a bit of nostalgia from my childhood from watching that show. Any phrase similar to 'watch me pull . . . out of a hat', brings that to mind, so put that in pretty early on.

#4784 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not so sure about that statement?? I have yet to Ever see AS miss that shot on my person machine. Houdini not so much.

On route Aerosmith Premium we had made the shot about 75% of the time. Houdini is in the 98% range. Aerosmith trunk accuracy seemed to "float". I'd get it dialed in, then come back a week later and it was missing lots of shots. Dial it in, repeat, same story. I've adjusted Houdini once. Been rock solid since the beginning on the throw.

#4785 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Well the one I played on location, I played about 25 games and got MB on maybe 20 of those. The toy box missed easily on half the shots. The game clearly hadn’t been dialed in though, the left orbit also drained SDTM every single time. That said, it’s about half the Trunk throw distance, so the success rate wouldn’t even be as impressive if it was equal

#4786 5 years ago

A big shot out of thx to Manimal ! For welcoming me into his lovely home and playing some pinball and having some beer. Houdini was fun
I did not think the shots were to hard and I loved the milk can shot. It’s a fun pin
Bart

#4787 5 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

A big shot out of thx to Manimal ! For welcoming me into his lovely home and playing some pinball and having some beer. Houdini was fun
I did not think the shots were to hard and I loved the milk can shot. It’s a fun pin
Bart

The question unanswered is, now that you've played all the ones you're considering, which did you decide on?

#4788 5 years ago

Bart

That is absolutely awesome you guys did that. So which are you going with?

#4789 5 years ago

Just sayin' as this isn't anything new, but I guess Joe Balcer knows what he's talking about (go figure ) in recommending Houdini be played at a 6 degree slope. I reduced my game's slope from 6.6 to 6.1ish last night and turned the flipper power down to 20 and the difference is fantastic! Backhanding (or forehanding for that matter) the inner loop is almost easy now and the overall gameplay just feels much more balanced and in tune.

#4790 5 years ago

Bart

Not a problem, it was good meeting another Pinhead. Hopefully I can join up with you guys in KC some weekend.

#4791 5 years ago

That awkward moment when you realize you got pranked by rosh RoshPrank (resized).jpgRoshPrank (resized).jpg

#4792 5 years ago
Quoted from Nirm:

That awkward moment when you realize you got pranked by rosh

IMG_3283 (resized).JPGIMG_3283 (resized).JPG

#4793 5 years ago

Just sayin' as this isn't anything new, but I guess Joe Balcer knows what he's talking about (go figure ) in recommending Houdini be played at a 6 degree slope. I reduced my game's slope from 6.6 to 6.1ish last night and turned the flipper power down to 20 and the difference is fantastic! Backhanding (or forehanding for that matter) the inner loop is almost easy now and the overall gameplay just feels much more balanced and in tune.

Good for you! I've been telling people this for a while now. Slightly above 6 degrees is the sweet spot. flippers are also way too powerful on default settings. you should be able to backhand that inner loop shot from the right flipper

#4794 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Quoted from Nirm:

That awkward moment when you realize you got pranked by rosh

I love the fun these guys are having, still, after all the work. And putting into the game.

#4795 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And putting into the game

mmmm-pudding (resized).jpgmmmm-pudding (resized).jpg
#4796 5 years ago

This thread keeps getting better and better.

Thank you American Pinball !

#4797 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

This thread keeps getting better and better.
Thank you American Pinball !

And...When the new code update drops...
This game gets better and better!

#4798 5 years ago

I would not have guessed that.
I thought it was a very nicely done Photoshop job till Rosh commented.
Rosh , I think you just spilled the beans! Nice feature!!!

Bring on that code!!! It doesn't have to be 110% perfect the first time ya know. <g>
That's just the way it goes.

BTW, are there any tech specs or educational literature about the P-Roc system, it's capabilities, the memory size, CPU, etc?
I'd like to learn more about this hardware platform.

How much memory is available for Houdini code for example and how much is currently utilized?

#4799 5 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Here is some good reading.

http://pinballmakers.com/wiki/index.php/P-ROC_Main_Page

#4800 5 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

BTW, are there any tech specs or educational literature about the P-Roc system, it's capabilities, the memory size, CPU, etc?

Full product pages with board specs can be found on our site at: https://www.multimorphic.com/p3-pinball-platform/hardware-control-system/

The P3-ROC and associated switch and driver boards handle the low level interfacing and control logic, and the P3-ROC connects to any controller you want (over USB). Lightweight processing games can use R-Pis or other STBs. Heavier processing games can use more powerful computing systems. Game designers can therefore design their processing system (CPU, GPU, memory, etc and associated costs) around their needs.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 14,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 297.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread/page/96?hl=6point5degrees and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.