Topic Stats

• 8,871 posts
  • 534 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by finnflash
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,205 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190417_204330 (resized).jpg
20190415_210345 (resized).jpg
20190414_123824 (resized).jpg
BC7F7E2B-BF1A-4D00-8C90-D2CDD892C1D4 (resized).jpeg
2013-07-16_065304 (resized).jpg
20190410_175310 (resized).jpg
3A370047-C0F5-426E-92DB-6BBA6E18D874 (resized).jpeg
4E1882B6-293A-470C-BECB-2CFF190573D2 (resized).jpeg
3C6B81AC-AB81-4F56-B574-F3C6002C5899 (resized).jpeg
210CC7CC-767F-4938-982C-0CF1F6F1CB05 (resized).jpeg
5E54AE44-916A-42D7-8CEE-5B95FBB3C46E (resized).jpeg
B0B85229-FB2A-42AA-89A2-6C62C2F0057C (resized).jpeg
Houdini Release Notes Verison 19.4.7.pdf (PDF preview)
1 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
20190406_171702 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 8871 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 178.
#4701 9 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

Take off the glass, go into the service menu, go to settings and then coils. Pull out the interlock switch, drop the ball in the catapult, do it a couple of times, adjust settings and try again.

Ok at 28 it is the perfect distance every time....Its just about 2 inches to the left where it lands almost every time. If I raise catapult and bend/twist the end a little it hit it perfect 3 times in a row. But long term is there a slight adjust that can have it fire 2 inches to the right?

Thx!

#4702 9 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

AP has a good system of distributors, I count nine unique Houdini ads in Market and couldn't fit them all on one screen.

Think you can pull a few of those as those are in the list of selling and moving on not distributors....

#4703 9 months ago

Has anyone tried a Variac or a UPS Line Conditioner yet with Houdini yet to see how much it helps?

#4704 9 months ago

I've never had issues with catapult until last week. With the heat wave going thru the power company must have dropped house voltage to 110-113 volts or because of everyone's usage was high, not sure...and finally today I'm back to my norm 120-122volts house voltage.. and everything perfect again..Even Dialed In showed some sluggishness...

20180701_205105.jpg20180707_064607.jpg
#4705 9 months ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Ok at 28 it is the perfect distance every time....Its just about 2 inches to the left where it lands almost every time. If I raise catapult and bend/twist the end a little it hit it perfect 3 times in a row. But long term is there a slight adjust that can have it fire 2 inches to the right?
Thx!

Mine is the same way when turned up. My firiends acts the same too, but his is to the right. I called AP tech support yesterday and left a message with Barry. Haven't heard back yet. I've had three games on this circuit for about 12 years and never had a voltage issue. And one of those games is a TAF (currently). TAF is about the more sensitive game I know for watchdog resets on sketchy power.

I'm really hoping the daughter board rumor is true.

Brian

#4706 9 months ago

We have a few Brand new Houdini in stock with skin blades already installed ready to ship if any one is interested. Well deliver to Northwest Indiana. Hammond, Highland, Griffith, Schereville, Merrillville. LMK

www.greatamericanpinball.com

thanks
GAP

#4707 9 months ago

Houdini's are in stock. Any combination available! Blades, Shaker, Magic Glass, Or No add on's. Your Choice.
We offer Delivery and set up services as well in the Chicago Land Area
Pincades

#4708 9 months ago

The inconsistent left flipper hold seems more like a game problem, not a problem with the power to my house. It just dies in single ball play sometimes. No problem with any other games.

Can someone provide instructions on adding an EOS switch and where the wires go?

Seems like it needs a code improvement to increase the left flipper coil hold strength.

For those who added the EOS switch, has it ever failed even after adding the switch?

#4709 9 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

The inconsistent left flipper hold seems more like a game problem, not a problem with the power to my house. It just dies in single ball play sometimes. No problem with any other games.
Can someone provide instructions on adding an EOS switch and where the wires go?
Seems like it needs a code improvement to increase the left flipper coil hold strength.
For those who added the EOS switch, has it ever failed even after adding the switch?

Might be a good idea to check and make sure you have a coil sleeve; that was an issue on somebody’s game earlier in the thread

#4710 9 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Might be a good idea to check and make sure you have a coil sleeve; that was an issue on somebody’s game earlier in the thread

2nd that thought. Seems odd, but when a manufacturer assembles 1000 flipper mechs, this can happen. Cant blame American Pinball for this oddity, happens in all products. Perhaps on the line that one guy after lunch wasnt thinking and left out the sleeve in a dozen or so mechs.

#4711 9 months ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

2nd that thought. Seems odd, but when a manufacturer assembles 1000 flipper mechs, this can happen. Cant blame American Pinball for this oddity, happens in all products. Perhaps on the line that one guy after lunch wasnt thinking and left out the sleeve in a dozen or so mechs.

Yeah, but only on the left flipper coil? Unlikely.

#4712 9 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

Yeah, but only on the left flipper coil? Unlikely.

And twice reported in 3 days...hummm.

#4713 9 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Well, I will admit I hadn't checked the coils until just now. The sleeve is missing on both flipper coils. I will install the coil sleeves and see if it improves.

Thanks for the suggestion.

#4714 9 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

Well, I will admit I hadn't checked the coils until just now. The sleeve is missing on both flipper coils. I will install the coil sleeves and see if it improves.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Turns out the sleeves were not missing. I just wasn't able to see any of the sleeve tip protruding like the other coils. Swapped out the left coil sleeve anyway.

Also, on my game, the ball is never able to reach the top skill shot target, even at a full plunge. The shooter lane ball guide is pretty solidly screwed into position. It doesn't seem possible to adjust it to send the ball higher.

Has anyone else had this issue and/or know of a fix?

#4715 9 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

Turns out the sleeves were not missing. I just wasn't able to see any of the sleeve tip protruding like the other coils. Swapped out the left coil sleeve anyway.
Also, on my game, the ball is never able to reach the top skill shot target, even at a full plunge. The shooter lane ball guide is pretty solidly screwed into position. It doesn't seem possible to adjust it to send the ball higher.
Has anyone else had this issue and/or know of a fix?

There is a fix for this on AP web site. Takes a little work, but worth it.

#4716 9 months ago

There is a fix for this on AP web site. Takes a little work, but worth it.

I'll check it out. Thanks.

#4717 9 months ago

GAP is offering customized Houdini pinball machines in the box.

We can build a custom Houdini pinball machine to your liking. Each game will be taken out of the box. Modded and put back into the box and banded back on the pallet. No modification to the wiring or electrical components of your game. Topper power source is a wall outlet. Water torture chamber and robot lights are a reg bayonet light build that replace the bulbs in 2 gi spot lights. We will also install any other Houdini mod you may find on the net.

Mods you can add:
Laseriffic topper
Skin blades
Water torture chamber from Mod Couple
Robot mod from Mod Couple
Seance mod
Ouija board
HOUDINI announcement sign
Shaker motor
Magic glass.
Key chain
Speaker panel Engraved Houdini tag

Pm or Contact us at Great American Pinball for a custom Modded Houdini. Or check out the modded Houdini in our showroom . We also have reg Houdini in the box.

Largest distributor in Chicago and Northwest Indiana. We have super cheap shipping rates all over the US.

Checkout our pinside feedback.

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/gap/feedback

Www.greatamericanpinball.com.
20180707_153206 (resized).jpg20180707_153241 (resized).jpg20180707_153247 (resized).jpg20180707_153256 (resized).jpg20180707_153302 (resized).jpg20180707_153307 (resized).jpg20180707_153311 (resized).jpg20180707_153315 (resized).jpg20180707_153446 (resized).jpg

20180706_133727 (resized).jpg20180707_153446 (resized).jpg

#4718 9 months ago
Quoted from GAP:

GAP is offering customized Houdini pinball machines in the box.
We can build a custom Houdini pinball machine to your liking. Each game will be taken out of the box. Modded and put back into the box and banded back on the pallet. No modification to the wiring or electrical components of your game. Topper power source is a wall outlet. Water torture chamber and robot lights are a reg bayonet light build that replace the bulbs in 2 gi spot lights. We will also install any other Houdini mod you may find on the net.
Mods you can add:
Laseriffic topper
Skin blades
Water torture chamber from Mod Couple
Robot mod from Mod Couple
Seance mod
Ouija board
HOUDINI announcement sign
Shaker motor
Magic glass.
Key chain
Speaker panel Engraved Houdini tag
Pm or Contact us at Great American Pinball for a custom Modded Houdini.
We have super cheap shipping rates all over the US.
Www.greatamericanpinball.com.

Way to raise the bar and value of a great distributor! You would be hard pressed to find a more dedicated or supportive distributor than Mike at Great American. Good person and great dealer.

#4719 9 months ago

Visited the AP factory and GAP while in the area a couple of weeks back. Was impressed with both. Can't wait for my Houdini to arrive.

#4720 9 months ago
Quoted from MMP:

Visited the AP factory

That would be fun to do. The new factory too, once it's rolling.

LTG : )

#4721 9 months ago
Quoted from MMP:

Visited the AP factory and GAP while in the area a couple of weeks back. Was impressed with both. Can't wait for my Houdini to arrive.

Quoted from LTG:

That would be fun to do. The new factory too, once it's rolling.

Wonder if New building will be ready by Expo?
On bucket list!

#4722 9 months ago

Wonder if New building will be ready by Expo?
On bucket list!

I would think a little later than Expo. I hope the new building and move there goes good for them.

#4723 9 months ago

I'm sure this is covered somewhere and I am missing it, but every time I lift the playfield, I have a ball in the subway. I am assuming it gets held during multiball, but shouldn't it eject at the end of of the game? It is before the subway diverter, and I have verified the subway optics work. Thanks

#4724 9 months ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I'm sure this is covered somewhere and I am missing it, but every time I lift the playfield, I have a ball in the subway. I am assuming it gets held during multiball, but shouldn't it eject at the end of of the game? It is before the subway diverter, and I have verified the subway optics work. Thanks

Both the subway and playfield ball locks hold balls from game to game. Much like the Idol lock on Indy.
Since glass is off and lifting playfield Ive just gotten into the habit when needed to, "Eject Houdini's Balls".

#4725 9 months ago

Holy Smokes! Only played about ten games on Houdini and watched a few vids. But I read through the service manual and was blown away how legit this game is. Looks to be solidly designed and very difficult to complete if you leave Houdini letter settings as default. This game has jumped the shark ... and landed on top my want list ahead of POTC.

#4726 9 months ago

Had best game so far of 2.3 million on 5 ball play. Some days everything goes great. Still hard to do the left milk can shot!

#4727 9 months ago

Holy Smokes! Only played about ten games on Houdini and watched a few vids. But I read through the service manual and was blown away how legit this game is. Looks to be solidly designed and very difficult to complete if you leave Houdini letter settings as default. This game has jumped the shark ... and landed on top my want list ahead of POTC.

Highly recommend one for the home environment to get a real feel for it. Love the challenge and as many say some days your on and can get in a great groove and have killer game, some days it just plain whips your a$$ Personally love the challange and keeps me coming back for more.

#4728 9 months ago

The game is SOOOOO deep, I keep finding new things. The elephant mode still has (one) animation missing with a “placeholder animation!” Screen, so you know more code is coming. I hope future updates are as mind blowing as the recent Hobbit update - but honestly even if they aren’t, the game is already way ahead of the competition

#4729 9 months ago

Took you long enough Jeff.
Deep, Fun and all engrossing game play.
Shaker motor is a must when you order one.

#4730 9 months ago

So you're saying you're "half-jacket" on Houdini?

#4731 9 months ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Had best game so far of 2.3 million on 5 ball play. Some days everything goes great. Still hard to do the left milk can shot!

Quoted from BladeFury:

Highly recommend one for the home environment to get a real feel for it. Love the challenge and as many say some days your on and can get in a great groove and have killer game, some days it just plain whips your a$$ Personally love the challange and keeps me coming back for more.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The game is SOOOOO deep, I keep finding new things. The elephant mode still has (one) animation missing with a “placeholder animation!” Screen, so you know more code is coming. I hope future updates are as mind blowing as the recent Hobbit update - but honestly even if they aren’t, the game is already way ahead of the competition

Word.

Houdini is really challenging, but also really fun! I love the theme and historical aspects, but beyond that, the game entices you to go for some shots that you know are more difficult, but completing the required sequence is sweet indeed!

#4732 9 months ago

Does anyone know if there are any other reviews other there besides Buffalo and TWIP?

I played the game at Pintastic and have to say that out of all of the new releases Houdini really impressed me. The game has tight shots, but I still thought it shot well. It feels like a solid game from American and they are definitely getting a new customer here.

Are they still working on more code for the game?

#4733 9 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:The elephant mode still has (one) animation missing with a “placeholder animation!” Screen, so you know more code is coming.

I did improve a bunch of animations this weekend, but this was not one of them, so it will still say 'placeholder' after this code release'.

Did get the OS update scripts as well this weekend, so once that gets some testing we will be ready for some owner beta testing.

Quoted from adborto:

Does anyone know if there are any other reviews other there besides Buffalo and TWIP?

Two streams worth checking out . . .

#4734 9 months ago

My Houdini arrives in 2 days and i'm very excited. So i want to ask if there are any advices, tips or things to look for when settingup / adjust the magic Houdini.c

Following things are actually prepared :

- New shiny low magnetic balls
- New shooterrod
- Theater decal
- shaker, innercab decals, magic glass
installed from factory
- steam punk dustcover (towel)

Thank you

#4735 9 months ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

My Houdini arrives in 2 days and i'm very excited. So i want to ask if there are any advices, tips or things to look for when settingup / adjust the magic Houdini.c
Following things are actually prepared :
- New shiny low magnetic balls
- New shooterrod
- Theater decal
- shaker, innercab decals, magic glass
installed from factory
- steam punk dustcover (towel)
Thank you

i'm getting one within the hour and am interested in the same info!!!

#4736 9 months ago

rosh can you comment on the timeline of a potential daughter board from AP? Is it something coming "soon" or should I look for a third party solution (any links to recommendations)? I'm loving my Houdini, but pinball for me is a social thing, and I often have friends/family over playing. When this happens, multiple machines are being played at once, and as a result the experience others are having on Houdini is definitely suffering. I want my friends and family to have a great opinion of Houdini like I do, especially as it has some tough competition lined up next to it (Dialed In LE, and MMr LE).

#4737 9 months ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Quoted from ezeltmann:

i'm getting one within the hour and am interested in the same info!!!

Ok guys, not only are you two very lucky...
Your going to love this pin.
Im considering selling several now that this has hit the house.
1) Follow instructions when you open box.
2) Make sure you roll leg levelers all the way up, ie. Touching the bottom of leg, no threads showing.
3) Remove glass, and open coin door, remove coin box, leave it out unless on route.
4) Make sure balls all come out. In instructions.
5) Now set lower catapult, put on 26 if not already. Test all 6 balls in lower catapult, you can just place them in it one at a time. If not making trunk shot increase by 1. Should be fine at 26.
6) If you dont have it yetx install an inclimeter on smart phone, see if you are at 6.5 on playfield with the glass off.
7) How is that lower catpult now?
8) Level, Level, level,nmeaning left to right is balanced.
9) Be careful every time you raise playfield. Its a tight fit, if your not careful you can pop off opto's on right side for subway lock.
10) Put glass back on, dont cheat, Enjoy the hell out of it all night long!.

#4738 9 months ago
Quoted from Parzival:

the experience others are having on Houdini is definitely suffering. I want my friends and family to have a great opinion of Houdini like I do, especially as it has some tough competition lined up next to it (Dialed In LE, and MMr LE).

This is the only reason I didn’t get it. Whatever machine I get was going to be played with friends, family,..... wife! I wanted to get something I knew they would all love, so I got Dialed In, even though this was probably number one on my list. There’s always the resale market though.

#4739 9 months ago
Quoted from Parzival:

rosh can you comment on the timeline of a potential daughter board from AP? Is it something coming "soon" or should I look for a third party solution (any links to recommendations)? I'm loving my Houdini, but pinball for me is a social thing, and I often have friends/family over playing. When this happens, multiple machines are being played at once, and as a result the experience others are having on Houdini is definitely suffering. I want my friends and family to have a great opinion of Houdini like I do, especially as it has some tough competition lined up next to it (Dialed In LE, and MMr LE).

Is this related to low power thing? I have been having that problem lately as well on mine. I think it is cause my AC is always blasting and I just must not be getting enough juice to my game. I would notice it when I had a bunch of other games around it played. My catapult was always flawless before the hot summer months came and now it rarely makes the shot, also every other mech seems sluggish. At least I hope that is the problem and not something else

#4740 9 months ago

I’m in the market for a pin. I thought the owners would know best. ! Why should I or shouldn’t I buy this pin. Thx
So much.

#4741 9 months ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

I’m in the market for a pin. I thought the owners would know best. ! Why should I or shouldn’t I buy this pin. Thx
So much.

Play it then determine if you want to own it.

#4742 9 months ago

I would love to but there is not one in my area. Thx
It’s Houdini, dialed in or batman66!
I have played the others.

#4743 9 months ago

I would love to but there is not one in my area.

Any chance you can hit a show and play all three and decide which one you like ?

#4744 9 months ago

Thx Lloyd ! Yeah that would be the dream. Not really Brother.

#4745 9 months ago

Is there a distributor that sells pinball machines in your area?

#4746 9 months ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Is this related to low power thing? I have been having that problem lately as well on mine. I think it is cause my AC is always blasting and I just must not be getting enough juice to my game. I would notice it when I had a bunch of other games around it played. My catapult was always flawless before the hot summer months came and now it rarely makes the shot, also every other mech seems sluggish. At least I hope that is the problem and not something else

Yes, that is what I was referring too. I have the same issues - catapult is always short when other machines are on, and other coils seem sluggish (although not as noticeable as catapult).

#4747 9 months ago

Not really Brother.

Maybe start a new thread. Which of the three you should get. And the responses, see how their collections compare to yours, maybe see if you have similar tastes in games to help you judge their opinion.

#4748 9 months ago

You can play Dialed in at the 403 Club in KC, MO. Not the other 2.

If you like flow and you will be playing this game with casual friends & family, DI is for you. It's more of an "on location" pin imo (this is the one I chose fyi). It's more fun than challenging.

If you like a challenge and will either be playing alone a lot or with other pinheads, Houdini is for you. This can't be your only machine, and I see you have a collection so that's a good thing, because you WILL get frustrated. It's more challenging than fun (but it IS funny with some of the callouts).

I don't know much about Batman 66, but I think the colors pop more and it's just more aesthetically pleasing than the other 2. I hear that the Lyman code really makes the game jump up a notch. It's probably somewhere between these two pins as far as fun/difficulty.

#4749 9 months ago

Dialed In is at the 403 Club, 614 Reynolds Ave, Kansas City, KS 66101

Also, there are two pinsiders in Overland Park that have a Dialed In and B'66 respectively, and one in Topeka with a Houdini. Make some new friends and see what happens! I was able to play WoZ when it wasn't available anywhere on route thanks to a pinsider that was kind enough to let me come over and try it.

#4750 9 months ago

I am in Topeka and have Houdini and BM66LE along with a GBLE, AFMLE, and WOZRR. Short drive over and You can try them to your hearts desire for free..........how easy is that? Just PM me sometime.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 32.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Albany, NY
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Massillon, OH
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 129.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 229.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jacksonville, NC
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rochester, NY
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Mods for your pinballs
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 9.00
Playfield - Other
Hdmike mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8871 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 178.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside