20180426_162959 (resized).jpg
76C6C594-C5E2-42C3-B0BA-DC6FB65B5334 (resized).png
33583E42-C6C2-435C-B301-C95470FBEA1F (resized).png
IMG_1470 (resized).jpeg
20230531_171203 (resized).jpg
20230530_210512 (resized).jpg
0F6D3A86-9F6A-43B3-A1FA-F4155ECAB32A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 297.
#351 7 years ago

Who wants to play Houdini at Allentown Pinfest ?

PinballSTAR Amusements is now an American Pinball distributor and will have Houdini at Allentown Pinfest May 5th and 6th. We are taking refundable deposits of $ 250 to reserve your spot and get in line for the game or email us at [email protected] to get on the interested list as more info becomes available and game gets closer to production in later 2017. Price is $ 7,000.

More exciting news coming about Houdini and Pinfest as it gets closer...

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]
570-357-0042

PS Logo (resized).jpgPS Logo (resized).jpg

#352 7 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

All PM's responded too, time to watch the Cubs.
GAP

wrong.

asked you few days ago if it was possible to get a TWD LE playfield. No reply, either yes or not.

never mind

#353 7 years ago

is there an european distributor?

#354 7 years ago

Pincades of Chicago Land is proud too announce they are a Distributor for American Pinball Inc. We transported and helped show this game at the Midwest gaming Classic in Milwaukee last weekend with great response, lots of interest and some pre-orders. $100.00 Deposit (Fully Refundable) gets you on the list for when games are available to us. The quicker you are on our list sooner you will get a game when they are available. We are in NW Indiana. NO TAX if delivered to IL, WIS, OH, ETC.
219-924-PINS(7467)

Shipping in late 2017 NOT SUMMER!!!

Email us [email protected]

Pincades
Jesse T

#355 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Who wants to play Houdini at Allentown Pinfest ?
PinballSTAR Amusements is now an American Pinball distributor and will have Houdini at Allentown Pinfest May 5th and 6th. We are taking refundable deposits of $ 250 to reserve your spot and get in line for the game or email us at [email protected] to get on the interested list as more info becomes available and game gets closer to production in later 2017. Price is $ 7,000.
More exciting news coming about Houdini and Pinfest as it gets closer...
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]
570-357-0042

100% would love to see one at Allentown Pinfest. The game looks amazing I think it speaks for itself. Just need to get in some gameplay. If the game plays half as good as it looks I'm in! Don't want to jump the gun on this one would like to play at first. Will deposits be able to be made in person at Allentown?

#356 7 years ago

Awesomeness will prevail!

#357 7 years ago

Wow Rock on AP! That's like 5 distributors in 24 hours.

#358 7 years ago

Snakesnsparklers is proud to announce he is not a Distributor for American Pinball Inc. He played this game at the Midwest gaming Classic in Milwaukee last weekend and heard there was great response, lots of interest and some pre-orders. $0 Deposit (fully refundable) gets you on the list for a burrito. The quicker you are on our list sooner you will get a burrito when I'm available. I am located in WI. NO TAX if delivered to IL, IN, OH, etc.

414-262-PINS (7467)
Shipping in late 2017, coming soon!
Email me [email protected]

-Snakes

#359 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So far all we have to go on with AP is the disastrous Jpop/Houdini rollout, the most amateurish and silly pinball machine flyer in history (it made Croc Hunter look good), and their confusing Expo appearance. So really, it's only up from there.
Still, I can't be the only one who really thinks the last thing we need in 2017 is yet another pinball company, right?

It's hard to dignify this with a response but...

Mirror mirror on the wall who has the most prejudiced of them all??

Need to give this game a chance play it first and realize what it's all about. Try to be unbiased upfront.

#360 7 years ago

I thought I heard that 1,000 of these will be made? Is that still true or is the number now unlimited?

#361 7 years ago

Hey Rosh....I know its waaaaay early, but is there a second game on the radar for you guys?

#362 7 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Yes, those shots are insanely tight.

Play better Woody

#363 7 years ago
Quoted from tk-the-jammer:

It's hard to dignify this with a response but...
Mirror mirror on the wall who has the most prejudiced of them all?????
Need to give this game a chance play it first and realize what it's all about. Try to be unbiased upfront.

I made that post months ago, and to call it "prejudiced" is absolutely ridiculous. You can add all the question marks you want but it's pretty obnoxious to use that kind of language in a thread like this. And I can be as "biased" as I want when it comes to pinball.

Yet another guy who completely misses the point of a pinball forum.

#364 7 years ago

Pinfest is going to rock this year!

#365 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Hey Rosh....I know its waaaaay early, but is there a second game on the radar for you guys?

On the radar, sure, almost every day we talk about themes for our next game, both licensed and unlicensed. However, 99.23% of our focus is on getting Houdini to be a kick ass game and get production started. Oh, and getting it out to shows so more folks can experience the magic

#366 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I am betting it is Alice in Wonderland.

#367 7 years ago

Not a bad thing at all having more companies making pinball machines. Competition is what drives them to be better and make better products and better prices. So glad American Pinball grabbed the torch and ran with it on this one!

Quoted from gliebig:

Pinfest is going to rock this year!

Definitely agree this statement.

#368 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Even I would be completely amused if they simply rip off all of the Jpop ripoff themes for the next few years...Zombie theme parks...Skab KISS...

#369 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

UH....no

#370 7 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Great American Pinball is excited to announce they will be a distributor for American Pinball and their first Pinball machine Houdini. If you would like to be on put on a list to purchase one of these machines in the near future, you can PM us on pinside or email us at [email protected] or [email protected]. We are not taking deposit or payment at this time, but we will add you to a list if you want one of these games. Looks to be a summer release, more details to come.
http://www.greatamericanpinball.com
Thanks
GAP

Update !!!!!!!!

We talked to American Pinball today and they are not against distributors taking deposits. We can take deposits at our discretion.  Its not required, but if you like to put a $100.00 deposit down to secure your spot in line with GAP we will accept that.  Deposit is fully refundable if you decide this game is not your to your liking once final details, gameplay and production timeline is revealed.

Again your deposit is fully refundable if you decide once all the details are revealed that you do not want the game. Once the final reveal, specs and detail of production is revealed, we will ask for half down and the balance upon 30 days prior to shipping. All deposits will be held by Great American Pinball and will not be turned over to American Pinball until production starts.

Price is $6999 + actual shipping cost. Tax will apply to Illinois residents only.

If you would like to put down a deposit, Please send $100.00 to [email protected] that is Great American Pinball's paypal account.

Thanks and if you have any questions please give us a call. 630-440-5190

Hope to do business with you!

Mike @ GAP
http://www.greatamericanpinball.com

PS: I am going out of town for a funeral and will confirm deposits via paypal on Monday.

#371 7 years ago

To be clear on this, American Pinball is NOT taking deposits and no deposits given to a distributor are flowing to American Pinball. We are not taking pre-orders and are not selling direct.

#372 7 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Nitro Pinball is also very excited to announce we'll be Canadian distributor for American Pinball and Houdini. Please contact us toll free 1-855-DO-NITRO (36-64876) to be put the purchase list, or PM me on pinside ...or email [email protected]
No deposit or payment will be accepted at this time.
Thanks!
Tommy
http://www.NITROPINBALL.com

Sweet, congrats Tommy! That means we may see one here for the June show

#373 7 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

To be clear on this, American Pinball is NOT taking deposits and no deposits given to a distributor are flowing to American Pinball. We are not taking pre-orders and are not selling direct.

Hi Rosh,
Do you know when you will probably announce some European (and also worldwide) distributors?
Thanks

#374 7 years ago

Nitro Pinball will have Houdini at our booth June 9-11, 2017 Tacoma, WA www.NWPinballShow.com

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Tommy

www.NITROPINBALL.com

#375 7 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Sweet, congrats Tommy! That means we may see one here for the June show

100% confirmed! I played Houdini in Texas....absolutely love this pin and working with AP!

#376 7 years ago

I thought it was a lot of fun. There seems to be a lot to explore, really looking forward to playing it more. You guys should burn one it at Level 257.

#377 7 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Do you know when you will probably announce some European (and also worldwide) distributors?

We absolutely have plans to do so, and I have a few reach out to me, and I have directed them to Jolly who is handling distribution. Not surprisingly our first focus is first on North america, since there are also legal and regulatory issues we will have to work through going overseas. We certainly have some time before machines are rolling off the line to address this. We are very pleased to have so much interest in Houdini.

#378 7 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

You guys should burn one it at Level 257.

I suspect we will start doing some location testing after we get through the next set of shows.

#379 7 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

We absolutely have plans to do so, and I have a few reach out to me, and I have directed them to Jolly who is handling distribution. Not surprisingly our first focus is first on North america, since there are also legal and regulatory issues we will have to work through going overseas. We certainly have some time before machines are rolling off the line to address this. We are very pleased to have so much interest in Houdini.

Yes, some lucky guys even got the chance to play it!

Lets take a ride and come to Lavaur, the next French Festival near Toulouse!

#380 7 years ago

So the catapult from MM without the habitrail is really getting your rocks off huh guys?

#381 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

So the catapult from MM without the habitrail is really getting your rocks off huh guys?

Lot cooler without a guide for sure... is that what you're asking?

#382 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Lot cooler without a guide for sure... is that what you're asking?

Like Big Guns? Or Aerosmith? Seems like they could have done more with that. Ball into a box was JUST done with Aerosmith....seems.....odd.....?

#383 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Like Big Guns? Or Aerosmith? Seems like they could have done more with that. Ball into a box was JUST done with Aerosmith....seems.....odd.....?

Well hopefully it uses it a LOT more sparingly than AS. I'm already bored of that toy from watching some videos.

Not the toy as much as the delay half the time to kick the ball out... those kind of constant gameplay disruptions get old to me pretty quick.

#384 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Well hopefully it uses it a LOT more sparingly than AS. I'm already bored of that toy from watching some videos.
Not the toy as much as the delay half the time to kick the ball out... those kind of constant gameplay disruptions get old to me pretty quick.

Lucky you!

It can be turned off in the settings and you can change it to virtual locks.

#385 7 years ago

I ran into this problem too with the Minion pinball.
The entrance of a loop is always big and it tends to narrow further up the playfield.
That is where you want to put your switch , so the ball will hit it with it's center every time.
Smart to just put 2 switches there..it overcomes this problem.
I noticed it on the minion pinball being wrong when the playfield was all done...bummer.
There is a lot more going on in playfield geometry than meets the eye..
But the switches are in the golden spot,so they register 99%.
Oh,btw:
I love Houdini!

IMG_4675 (resized).PNGIMG_4675 (resized).PNG

#386 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Smart to just put 2 switches there..it overcomes this problem.

Often you can use an opto to handle that wide entrance, but given what else we have going on in that area, there was just no place to put it.

#387 7 years ago

I don't know if it has been said but what about the quality built. Can someone or Rosh talk about it a little?
Just to know if toys, chain and other mech are built with noble materials, If it does not feel cheap.
And of course playfield quality? I'm done currently with crappy playfields of another manufacturer and so I would like to know if it was possible to get some guarantees. Possible to have PP in option?
Thanks

#388 7 years ago

I don't know if it has been said but what about the quality built. Can someone or Rosh talk about it a little?
Just to know if toys, chain and other mech are built with noble materials, If it does not feel cheap.
And of course playfield quality? I'm done currently with crappy playfields of another manufacturer and so I would like to know if it was possible to get some guarantees. Possible to have PP in option?
Thanks

In other words, will it be built like a Stern?

#389 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

In other words, will it be built like a Stern?

No. I was referring to Stern only about playfield. Except playfield this is solid built.
I have a Standard Woz and I was disappointed about some plastic decors of the left mini Playfield for exemple. It felt cheap
It is just a question of will and I prefer to add some more bucks to get solid toys, decors...

#390 7 years ago

Any chance you'll be coming to PAGG,or,CAX???We here in Northern Calif.would also like to see this pin!!!Thanks!!!

#391 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Any chance you'll be coming to PAGG,or,CAX???We here in Northern Calif.would also like to see this pin!!!Thanks!!!

Quoted from mrgone:

FLASH!!!!!!
American pinball will be at pin a go go 2017 with their game Houdini.
See you there.

#392 7 years ago

Cornelius you should go no question.

Pin a go go is the pinball players show. I've only been there once, two years ago. Loved it. Met Steve Ritchie and many other great pinball players. Worth the drive.

I will be bringing games to pin a go go in the future. When I am able I will be bringing my games to share at pin a go go.

I was looking online to see how long pin a go go has been going on. Need some history help here. No wiki on pin a go go yet.

I met a girl at pin a go go and was playing her on start trek stern, which was brand new. She lived nearby with her husband, who was NOT at the show. She kicked my ass at Star Trek as she told me she had Been coming to pin a go go for ten years. She never missed it.

Freaking love pin a go go.

#393 7 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Cornelius you should go no question.
Pin a go go is the pinball players show. I've only been there once, two years ago. Loved it. Met Steve Ritchie and many other great pinball players. Worth the drive.
I will be bringing games to pin a go go in the future. When I am able I will be bringing my games to share at pin a go go.
I was looking online to see how long pin a go go has been going on. Need some history help here. No wiki on pin a go go yet.
I met a girl at pin a go go and was playing her on start trek stern, which was brand new. She lived nearby with her husband, who was NOT at the show. She kicked my ass at Star Trek as she told me she had Been coming to pin a go go for ten years. She never missed it.
Freaking love pin a go go.

I'm recording a new podcast tonight with the history of pin a go go. I will post the show link here. It's going to be good.

#394 7 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

100% confirmed! I played Houdini in Texas....absolutely love this pin and working with AP!

Probably no chance of one making it to yegpin hey?

#395 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Probably no chance of one making it to yegpin hey?

Unfortunately, no. It doesn't ship to us until after Pinagogo (end of May).

#397 7 years ago

How about selling the prototype games to the early achievers?

#398 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

It was part of who he was in later years. Plus he did co-author a story with HP Lovecraft, so I'm good with it there.

I would think they would do something to show that he discredited the spiritualists. They need to do that.

#399 7 years ago

I don't know if it has been said but what about the quality built

The build quality is of very high importance to us. No way the company will survive if the quality sucks. From what I have seen so far, the cabinet and playfield quality are excellent, and very much where we want them to be. The prototype playfields are showing more dimpling that i would expect after just a few thousands plays, but that is due to us having to go with a quick cure hard coat, given the time crunch we were under. I've been assured that the final playfields will be superior.

Quoted from Ricflair:

I would think they would do something to show that he discredited the spiritualists.

He was very much interested in the afterlife and was very much a believer in contact in the beyond, but he did spend a lot of time debunking and exposing fakes and phonies. The game features a 'seance multiball' that captures his interest in the afterlife, it features his Mother, which is whom he was hoping to connect with. So while the seance mode does not necessarily focus on the debunking aspect, he does fit in with that aspect of his life. With various aspects of his life we are taking some literary license, such as his time as a spy (which is not universally accepted). I'm sure some will find how we treat some aspects of his life, not up to their expectations.

#400 7 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

The build quality is of very high importance to us. No way the company will survive if the quality sucks. From what I have seen so far, the cabinet and playfield quality are excellent, and very much where we want them to be. The prototype playfields are showing more dimpling that i would expect after just a few thousands plays, but that is due to us having to go with a quick cure hard coat, given the time crunch we were under. I've been assured that the final playfields will be superior.

He was very much interested in the afterlife and was very much a believer in contact in the beyond, but he did spend a lot of time debunking and exposing fakes and phonies. The game features a 'seance multiball' that captures his interest in the afterlife, it features his Mother, which is whom he was hoping to connect with. So while the seance mode does not necessarily focus on the debunking aspect, he does fit in with that aspect of his life. With various aspects of his life we are taking some literary license, such as his time as a spy (which is not universally accepted). I'm sure some will find how we treat some aspects of his life, not up to their expectations.

Appreciate the response! Thank you.

I am a big fan of his, have read many biographies, and am psyched that you guys are doing a machine about him. I have thought for years it would be a great theme for a pin. Wishing you all nothing but the best. If it's as good as it sounds like you are invested in making it, i will save and buy one for sure. Thanks again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 14,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 297.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread/page/8?hl=ricflair and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.