20180426_162959 (resized).jpg
76C6C594-C5E2-42C3-B0BA-DC6FB65B5334 (resized).png
33583E42-C6C2-435C-B301-C95470FBEA1F (resized).png
IMG_1470 (resized).jpeg
20230531_171203 (resized).jpg
20230530_210512 (resized).jpg
0F6D3A86-9F6A-43B3-A1FA-F4155ECAB32A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 297.
#4351 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

Too funny! Game 2 will be "Kick Ass"! You can quote me on that.

Mr. Ed confirmed.

#4352 5 years ago

Kick ass as in Kick Ass?

kick-ass-costume-300x250 (resized).jpgkick-ass-costume-300x250 (resized).jpg

#4353 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

Game 2 will be "Kick Ass"! You can quote me on that.

Well that answers that.

LTG : )

#4354 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Kick ass as in Kick Ass?

As in, will kick your ass, put a grin on your face and make you come back for more!

#4355 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

As in, will kick your ass, put a grin on your face and make you come back for more!

Iron Maiden 2?

#4356 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

I will be speaking at ReplayFX.. If you are there stop on by, maybe I will be so nervous I will accidentally blurt out everything I know about Game 2.
https://replayfx.org/appearances/

Just wear some lederhosen.

#4357 5 years ago

Is it my imagination, or does the voice completely mispronounce the word "metamorphosis"? It sounds like he says "Metamorphis" to me.

#4358 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

60 seconds seems a little short.

Quoted from PinMonk:

It is NOT working like this on the current software release.

let me clarify, it should be 60 seconds from when a game is started that the partial credits get wiped out. Otherwise I believe they will remain until a reboot, but I'll evaluate a 10 minute window on that.

I'll have to take a look and confirm behavior, could be something hosed it up.

Quoted from Rferullo:

I love the MFB mode and especially the light show when you get the 3rd ball into play. The call outs could be better to let you know another ball is coming and maybe a 1-2 sec pause before the ball is released because I often drain trying to gain control and there is NO ball save. It's hard to get all 3 balls going without stacking a MB but if you do it's very exciting! A little ball save when adding a ball into play would be nice

First time Joe ever played the mode he reported it has having major bugs (e.g.; the lights went out, an extra ball was put into play), then I explained that it was all on purpose to which he said "You can't do that", and I said "yes I can and most people are going to love it". A ball save on the third ball being released, since the lights go out, might be appropriate.

Quoted from Rferullo:

Binge kicks another ball into play when you complete some shots. Not quite sure how or why but just keep hitting the blue shots.

Five shots are lit, each representing one of the films, shoot that shot 3 times to earn what you scored during that film mode * the number of balls in play. This will then put another ball into play. If you can do all five movies, they reset now needing six shots to complete the moive. You can only add a ball once for each movie, but in theory you can get all six balls in to play and be scoring 6X the original film value. From a strategy standpoint, first go for one of the films you did poorly on to get the second ball into play before going for a better performed film so you have the multiplier. It will show on screen what you earned originally on that film. The shots for the films match with which shot was most prevalent or important in the film mode, e.g. Haldane which is all about the spinner, is the right orbit during the binge, Q is the left orbit, etc. Binge is probably a little too valuable points wise, but hey, if you can make it there . . .

#4359 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

Too funny! Game 2 will be "Kick Ass"! You can quote me on that.

http://www.kickasspinball.com/

#4360 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Five shots are lit, each representing one of the films, shoot that shot 3 times to earn what you scored during that film mode * the number of balls in play. This will then put another ball into play. If you can do all five movies, they reset now needing six shots to complete the movie. You can only add a ball once for each movie, but in theory you can get all six balls in to play and be scoring 6X the original film value. From a strategy standpoint, first go for one of the films you did poorly on to get the second ball into play before going for a better performed film so you have the multiplier. It will show on screen what you earned originally on that film. The shots for the films match with which shot was most prevalent or important in the film mode, e.g. Haldane which is all about the spinner, is the right orbit during the binge, Q is the left orbit, etc. Binge is probably a little too valuable points wise, but hey, if you can make it there . . .

That is pretty deep... I had completed all movies once and was working on round 2 when I drained.

I noticed you can't start Seance once in Binge. Is that because of the balls in play multiplier?

Movies are basically all I go for because they are pretty valuable and it's possible to get 3 completed to light the EB. If you are lucky enough to get the 7x EB and the Magic Shop EB you actually have a good chance of getting to Binge.

#4361 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

let me clarify, it should be 60 seconds from when a game is started that the partial credits get wiped out. Otherwise I believe they will remain until a reboot, but I'll evaluate a 10 minute window on that.
I'll have to take a look and confirm behavior, could be something hosed it up.

We have a Houdini with $0.75 on it that's been that way for days. It's been played a lot in that time, so something with the auto clear isn't working.

#4362 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Just wear some lederhosen.

Why would I wear ledenhosen?

#4363 5 years ago

Why would you wipe out partial credits during a game? Sometimes my daughter will drop 5 quarters instead of 4, and I expect that 1/4 credit to be there when she goes to play her next game.

If she walks away for 10 minutes that's probably fair game, but why even remove partial credits at all? Can't it just be a gift for the next player?

#4364 5 years ago

I always looked for partial credits as a kid.
Games that said 1/2 credit, got my money first. To this day on locations I like to win games and leave them behind for the next guy, gal or kids.

#4365 5 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

I noticed you can't start Seance once in Binge. Is that because of the balls in play multiplier?
Movies are basically all I go for because they are pretty valuable and it's possible to get 3 completed to light the EB. If you are lucky enough to get the 7x EB and the Magic Shop EB you actually have a good chance of getting to Binge.

I don't recall off the top of my head, but suspect I have a of things, like stage modes disabled when you are in the binge, since you are basically in the middle of a multiball and been a mini-magician mode I want the focus on that.

You don't have to complete, you just have to start them. There is also an EB when you get through 3 Jail Escapes, as well as a mini-magician mode after 5. You can set it to 'easy to hard' vs 'random', to make it a little easier to complete 3. It also defaults to 'easy' on difficulty, which means a near miss with score it (enter ramp but not finish it, key lane vs key target, etc.). So some time you should focus on jail escapes to you can get to that mini-magician mode.

If you focus on movies, you also want to be smart about TrunkMB to maximize the times you start the movie and TrunkMB on the same shot. One pattern to shoot for is

Finish spelling FILM, then shoot first inner loop shot get lock and start a film mode
re-light and lock a second ball during that mode
Spell FILM, shoot inner loop to start second FILM with TrunkMB

So, after just three inner loop shots, you have done two film modes and trunkMB. Repeating that pattern, will get you the EB after that next inner loop as well as start a FILM (again first spelling FILM at the lanes). As far as spelling FILM, shooting four ramp shots will let you spell film if you are paying attention to lane change, and do it with four consecutive ramp shots, which also has a an increasing scoring ladder, those four consecutive ramp shots, will score a total of 41,000 points and also makes your end of ball ramp bonus worth 1,600 more and since that takes your consecutive ramps to 4, every additional ramp will add 400 points of bonus.

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Why would you wipe out partial credits during a game?

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I always looked for partial credits as a kid.
Games that said 1/2 credit, got my money first. To this day on locations I like to win games and leave them behind for the next guy, gal or kids.

The wiping of partial credits has been standard for quite a few years now, guessing since 'buy-in' went away. Part of that is that you could be in the middle of some pricing/bonus scheme, which means that next quarter or two could suddenly trigger bonus games. So, while as a player it is nice to have a partial credit, for an operator, not necessarily desired. Full credits are never removed automatically, even after a power cycle. I too have left many a credit on a machine for the next person.

#4366 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We have a Houdini with $0.75 on it that's been that way for days. It's been played a lot in that time, so something with the auto clear isn't working.

You are correct, it was only partially working, meaning its was ending the pricing event (which tracks progress towards bonus games), but not clearing the partial credit. It will be fixed in the next release.

#4367 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I don't recall off the top of my head, but suspect I have a of things, like stage modes disabled when you are in the binge, since you are basically in the middle of a multiball and been a mini-magician mode I want the focus on that.
You don't have to complete, you just have to start them. There is also an EB when you get through 3 Jail Escapes, as well as a mini-magician mode after 5. You can set it to 'easy to hard' vs 'random', to make it a little easier to complete 3. It also defaults to 'easy' on difficulty, which means a near miss with score it (enter ramp but not finish it, key lane vs key target, etc.). So some time you should focus on jail escapes to you can get to that mini-magician mode.
If you focus on movies, you also want to be smart about TrunkMB to maximize the times you start the movie and TrunkMB on the same shot. One pattern to shoot for is
Finish spelling FILM, then shoot first inner loop shot get lock and start a film mode
re-light and lock a second ball during that mode
Spell FILM, shoot inner loop to start second FILM with TrunkMB
So, after just three inner loop shots, you have done two film modes and trunkMB. Repeating that pattern, will get you the EB after that next inner loop as well as start a FILM (again first spelling FILM at the lanes). As far as spelling FILM, shooting four ramp shots will let you spell film if you are paying attention to lane change, and do it with four consecutive ramp shots, which also has a an increasing scoring ladder, those four consecutive ramp shots, will score a total of 41,000 points and also makes your end of ball ramp bonus worth 1,600 more and since that takes your consecutive ramps to 4, every additional ramp will add 400 points of bonus.

The wiping of partial credits has been standard for quite a few years now, guessing since 'buy-in' went away. Part of that is that you could be in the middle of some pricing/bonus scheme, which means that next quarter or two could suddenly trigger bonus games. So, while as a player it is nice to have a partial credit, for an operator, not necessarily desired. Full credits are never removed automatically, even after a power cycle. I too have left many a credit on a machine for the next person.

Holy crap there is so much I still have not seeen in this game..

#4368 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

Why would I wear ledenhosen?

The real question is "Why Not"?
oktoberfest outfit (resized).jpgoktoberfest outfit (resized).jpg

#4369 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

No Comment!

#4370 5 years ago

Is that required tech support gear ?

Disclaimer : I wonder if they have that available in fat ?

#4371 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

#4372 5 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

you finally get to trunk MB and frequently it’s over in seconds.

I agree with this.
rosh the 10 second grace period is way too short, the balls barely make it to the flippers in 10 seconds.
20 seconds min I think for this mode.

Oh, and can you have all the other 100 items on your desk done by the time they make my game next week?

#4373 5 years ago

Has anyone ever seen the right to left progress of Bullet Catch carry over from game to game? I just played a few really short, lousy games trying to do better on that mode (I usually hit the inner loop and then at least one other shot but can never hit the inner loop again), I ended one game with that being the last thing of significance I did and the Key Lane / Target was the "fire" shot I hit. I started another game, got players choice via skill shot, started it again but when I hit the inner loop and it fed me a ball the ramp was lit. I then died a very quick death in that game (I blame it on being thrown off by that ) started another, had players choice and this time when I started it and hit the inner loop the inner loop was lit for the "fire" shot". I've never seen it do anything but reset to the Milk Can shot and start it's left to right sweep. I grabbed the logs but if this is somehow intended behavior and I've just never seen it before I won't bother clogging rosh inbox up with yet another set of log files.

#4374 5 years ago

I agree with this.
rosh the 10 second grace period is way too short, the balls barely make it to the flippers in 10 seconds.
20 seconds min I think for this mode.
Oh, and can you have all the other 100 items on your desk done by the time they make my game next week?

Imho, it should be configurable.

#4375 5 years ago

Found these in my coinbox. Any idea where they go? Looks busted.

IMG_9434 (resized).JPGIMG_9434 (resized).JPGIMG_9435 (resized).JPGIMG_9435 (resized).JPG
#4376 5 years ago
Quoted from angus:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah flipper buttons???

#4377 5 years ago
Quoted from angus:

In the coin box is odd. When flipper buttons break, they are usually on the outside of the game somewhere.

#4378 5 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah flipper buttons???

Nailed it.

Quoted from LTG:

In the coin box is odd. When flipper buttons break, they are usually on the outside of the game somewhere.

I didnt get a set of buttons in my coin box.

#4379 5 years ago

Q The Robot joined the party! Great work MOD Couple!

20180615_010637.jpg20180615_010637.jpg20180615_010654.jpg20180615_010654.jpg
#4380 5 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Q The Robot joined the party! Great work MOD Couple!

Thank you So much again. We are Absolutely Honored to be part of your and many others wonderful collections. Houdini is a masterpiece we are commited to making every effort perfect. We have one coming in the next week (ish) we believe everyone will like. A bit of a challenge but this beautiful game deserves every attention to detail.

#4381 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

OK that thought made me slightly spit up my lunch from 2 days ago! Sorry Lloyd but I fear your days of leather pants are over my friend. Thankfully!

#4382 5 years ago

Hi all - My shooter rod feels like it is binding on the housing a bit, it is affecting the skillshot I think. Is there anything special I should do? I don’t believe the rod should be lined, right? I can unscrew the housing and try to realign it but I’m not sure if I should do anything else ? Any ideas?

#4383 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hi all - My shooter rod feels like it is binding on the housing a bit, it is affecting the skillshot I think. Is there anything special I should do? I don’t believe the rod should be lined, right? I can unscrew the housing and try to realign it but I’m not sure if I should do anything else ? Any ideas?

Mine does too and has from the beginning. It's fine the until it starts to get more tension on the spring and then it is not smooth. I keep meaning to take it out and have a good look at it but haven't yet.

#4384 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Mine does too and has from the beginning. It's fine the until it starts to get more tension on the spring and then it is not smooth. I keep meaning to take it out and have a good look at it but haven't yet.

I may do that today. THanks for confirming, I will post what I figure out. I’ve had this on other games and usually it was either a too-heavy custom shooter rod, or a misalignment in the housing

#4385 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Try removing the washer from the the inside part of the shooter rod. rubber - spring - washer - cabinet. That is the tension / rubbing culprit.

#4386 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

Try removing the washer from the the inside part of the shooter rod. rubber - spring - washer - cabinet. That is the tension / rubbing culprit.

Thanks Barry!

#4387 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Has anyone ever seen the right to left progress of Bullet Catch carry over from game to game? I just played a few really short, lousy games trying to do better on that mode (I usually hit the inner loop and then at least one other shot but can never hit the inner loop again), I ended one game with that being the last thing of significance I did and the Key Lane / Target was the "fire" shot I hit. I started another game, got players choice via skill shot, started it again but when I hit the inner loop and it fed me a ball the ramp was lit. I then died a very quick death in that game (I blame it on being thrown off by that ) started another, had players choice and this time when I started it and hit the inner loop the inner loop was lit for the "fire" shot". I've never seen it do anything but reset to the Milk Can shot and start it's left to right sweep. I grabbed the logs but if this is somehow intended behavior and I've just never seen it before I won't bother clogging Rosh inbox up with yet another set of log files.

The 'aiming' resumes from last location, so only the first time it is played after a game reboot does it start at the milkcan. I guess I could randomize the start location after the reboot as well or make it always start at milkcan, or just leave it as is, yeah, probably that.

Quoted from angus:

I assume you do have flipper buttons on the machine. Guessing someone just tossed those on a desk and they somehow ended up landing in a coin box. Go Blue!!

#4388 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I assume you do have flipper buttons on the machine. Guessing someone just tossed those on a desk and they somehow ended up landing in a coin box. Go Blue!!

Yeah machine plays great! flipper buttons didn't cross my mind as they are fine.

#4389 5 years ago

Speaking of countdown timers. It would be good if the countdown timer for a particular mode didn't start until the ball has actually left the scoop. Mine sometimes burns up almost 10 seconds as the ball struggles to get out over and over as the clock is running. I wouldn't classify that as part of the games difficulty. Seems the timer could be triggered by that switch down there yes?

#4390 5 years ago
Quoted from WW2GURU:

...Seems the timer could be triggered by that switch down there yes?

It could be triggered by any other playfield device being hit, i.e. pop bumper, slingshot etc.

#4391 5 years ago
Quoted from WW2GURU:

Speaking of countdown timers. It would be good if the countdown timer for a particular mode didn't start until the ball has actually left the scoop. Mine sometimes burns up almost 10 seconds as the ball struggles to get out over and over as the clock is running. I wouldn't classify that as part of the games difficulty. Seems the timer could be triggered by that switch down there yes?

Time is also burned when the ball is in the magic shop. But i heard the next code update will allow you to blow it off with the flippers.

#4392 5 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

Time is also burned when the ball is in the magic shop.

Quoted from WW2GURU:

as the ball struggles to get out over and over as the clock is running.

Timers stop when entering magic shop, upper vuk, etc. and then resume when exiting. The scoop not firing will eat time, the short term fix is to get your scoop adjusted correctly, if you are having issues getting it adjusted then contact Barry for some guidance/tips.

#4394 5 years ago

I've poked around in the menus and the manual, but I can't figure out how to reset high scores in Houdini.

I've noticed there's already a number of posts about this and I can't find any answers.

Maybe someone from American can respond?

Thanks! Amazing game.

#4395 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Timers stop when entering magic shop, upper vuk, etc. and then resume when exiting.

I'll try to capture some video of the timer running while in the magic shop. I can see the time on the Theater LCD tick away while waiting for the ball.

#4396 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

The one we got had granules like bits of sand from the powder coating inside the plastic sleeve. Once I cleaned that out it was a lot better.

#4397 5 years ago
Quoted from triggur:

I've poked around in the menus and the manual, but I can't figure out how to reset high scores in Houdini.

currently you need to reset audits in the utilities menu to reset them, which obviously resets all current audits, but there will be a clear high scores in a future release.

When resetting audits, you current audits move to the middle column when looking at stats, and the third column will show the all time stats.

#4398 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I didnt get a set of buttons in my coin box.

Broken ones. See picture.

PM me your name and mailing address and the next time I have any broken ones I'll send them to you.

#4399 5 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

I'll try to capture some video of the timer running while in the magic shop. I can see the time on the Theater LCD tick away while waiting for the ball.

Yep, FILM mode timers definitely run when entering the magic shop.

#4400 5 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

Quoted from bobukcat:

Yep, FILM mode timers definitely run when entering the magic shop.

you guys need to stop hitting the booze before you play The timer stops when it is doing it is pulling stuff out of the hat. It is possible that a couple of the awards start the timer a couple of seconds too early before ejecting the ball, but it most certainly stops when it enters and during the animations of the hat pull. I just tested this on all five film modes.

Going back to a previous post, I could start seance during Movie Binge, at least when it was still just a single ball, and that is not a good thing, makes it too easy to rack up the points, and that will get changed, so that neither trunk MB or seance can start during the binge.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

There are 14,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 297.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread/page/88?hl=konjurer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.