Topic Stats

• 11,083 posts
  • 607 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by rosh
  • Topic is favorited by 165 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,450 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180602_194826 (resized).jpg
IMG_2284 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Current Line up with Ofest (resized).jpg
Current line up 10 Aug 20 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_2986 (resized).JPG
01D2D9B0-114B-45A2-8E5A-EDDA5F02418D (resized).jpeg
7382482F-FD7A-4902-B041-12AF256D4EF5 (resized).jpeg
3778B039-5291-4A7F-A239-5DB46EA8F6A0 (resized).jpeg
15970337943828729981759965223746 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200809-100750~2 (resized).png
IMG_1480 (resized).jpg
C44F1385-CF21-4C38-8AAB-0878245EE994 (resized).jpeg
tenor (resized).png
0E697AEB-3958-4F6D-848B-63D9E9E113FA (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11083 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 222.
#4151 2 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

The first Houdini heading overseas connected to the 220 Volt 50 Hz generator. We also were able to finish up the in-rush current testing.

You tested it with the generator or it will be powered with one there?

A generator is a bad choice to test with because of variance. Both voltage and frequency vary with engine RPM on simple generators. Might I suggest you'd be much better off with a high-quality 50Hz sine wave inverter or an HQ inverter-based generator.

#4152 2 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

A generator is a bad choice to test with because of variance. Both voltage and frequency vary with engine RPM on simple generators. Might I suggest you'd be much better off with a high-quality 50Hz sine wave inverter or an HQ inverter-based generator.

That doesn't look like a gasoline powered generator, at least not any that I've ever seen.

#4153 2 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Thats the correct inverter on the rolly cart to the right in picture, top shelf of cart.

#4154 2 years ago

Anyone interested in a Houdini? Come play it at Southern Fried Gaming Expo and take it home with you. Want a NIB one? I can have it delivered to the show configured the way you want it. Needs to be ordered no later than Monday to get it there on time.

Larry@flipnoutpinball.com

sfge (resized).jpg
#4155 2 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

The first Houdini heading overseas connected to the 220 Volt 50 Hz generator. We also were able to finish up the in-rush current testing.

BarryJ: did they Houdinis for the European market with Innercab decals installed?

#4156 2 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Anyone add a bill acceptor to Houdini? Suggested make and model?
Also: Is there a PF protector for this game? The usual sites don’t seem to have one.

You will have to tip the coin tray to close the door every time. The floor of the pin is too high by a smidge, so the door doesn't close with a bill acceptor installed unless you do.

Mars/MEI 2000 series 115v one works fine. Something like the AE2411. If you only care about $1, you should be able to get one used for less than $100. The harness adapter is $15 if they don't include it.

#4157 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Heading to the airport soon!

Europe is a country?

#4158 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Europe is a country?

Production did not know where in Europe these first ones were going. The main thing is marking them as such given how the power is configured.

#4159 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Production did not know where in Europe these first ones were going. The main thing is marking them as such given how the power is configured.

Maybe "Region" on the label? That would work for countries or continents.

#4160 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Maybe "Region" on the label? That would work for countries or continents.

Not using one of my chips with production on that. Maybe Barry will

#4161 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I don't blame you, those kids are tough.

tough-workers (resized).jpg
#4162 2 years ago
Quoted from flipnout1:

Anyone interested in a Houdini? Come play it at Southern Fried Gaming Expo and take it home with you.

Outstanding poster !

LTG : )

#4163 2 years ago

Joe Newhart from Pinball Star is providing white glove delivery and set up today for Neil Patrick Harris' Houdini. Neil has been out of the country and returns tonight, told his family, not to play it until he gets home, he wants the first game. Clearly he is very excited to get it.

I guess it shows sometimes when you tweet what you want for your birthday your wishes comes true.

IMG_3232 (resized).JPG

#4164 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I guess it shows sometimes when you tweet what you want for your birthday your wishes comes true.

He sure is going to have an amazing Birthday !

#4165 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Not worth my time either... It's a big "who cares"!

Point being... we are shipping overseas, another HUGE milestone for API!!!

#4166 2 years ago

So with my layman's mentality I labeled the "thing" as a generator, cause it generates 230 V @ 50 Hz from 120 V @ 60 Hz.

But in reality it is actually a Frequency Converter... Thanks for all the concern regarding the equipment we use. We got this!

#4167 2 years ago

I wonder if we will get a code update soon. It's been almost a month since the last update. My USB stick is ready just in case rosh

#4168 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Outstanding poster !

You can use the same woman for the upcoming Oktoberfest pin.

#4169 2 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

I wonder if we will get a code update soon.

Couple of weeks, finishing up the Master Magician mode and he secret mission mini-magician mode, waiting on some new sound calls and updated animations. While not a ton of changes, enough was touched that it needs a lot more testing.

#4170 2 years ago
Quoted from flipnout1:

Come play it at Southern Fried Gaming Expo and take it home with you. Want a NIB one?

Larry may still have a show special game available, this is a machine that would be used at the show and available to take home at a discounted price. Reach out to him ASAP if you are interested.

#4171 2 years ago

Neil Patrick Harris now has his Houdini !

BA12B91F-3D17-4B91-9869-47EF35153F8E (resized).jpegCD38D7A3-7960-4BBF-BE5F-323C6D74DC0E (resized).jpegEDB274C6-6F28-4895-AFA9-98C1C4FDA6D9 (resized).jpegF572C549-C564-4EB5-940C-8B2FB45F1D06 (resized).jpeg
#4172 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Damn wish I was famous and Joe would come setup my game in person as well.

#4173 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

You will have to tip the coin tray to close the door every time. The floor of the pin is too high by a smidge, so the door doesn't close with a bill acceptor installed unless you do.
Mars/MEI 2000 series 115v one works fine. Something like the AE2411. If you only care about $1, you should be able to get one used for less than $100. The harness adapter is $15 if they don't include it.

Thanks!

#4174 2 years ago

Well it finally happened... I broke a million in points. I was so excited that I had to drag my wife over to witness the spectacular event. Unfortunately a few games later my right flipper return spring also broke... After a bit of investigating, it appears that the flipper had too much up and down motion and was causing the plunger in the coil to bind a bit and the spring became over-stressed. Has anybody else had any issues like this?

#4175 2 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

Well it finally happened... I broke a million in points. I was so excited that I had to drag my wife over to witness the spectacular event. Unfortunately a few games later my right flipper return spring also broke... After a bit of investigating, it appears that the flipper had too much up and down motion and was causing the plunger in the coil to bind a bit and the spring became over-stressed. Has anybody else had any issues like this?

can you post a pic?
is the stop missing?
is the flipper shaft loose in the pawl? or not clamped properly?

I guess if its loose, anything can happen.

#4176 2 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

After a bit of investigating, it appears that the flipper had too much up and down motion and was causing the plunger in the coil to bind a bit and the spring became over-stressed.

Shouldn't have mattered. If it broke on the end loop, these pictures will help you get going. You can get new springs if you don't have any as spares.

Here is a video using a flipper spacer gauge if you want to set how high or low the flipper bat rides. Not on a Houdini, but same principle :

If you don't have the official flipper spacer gauge, a business card works too, cut a notch in it.

broke (resized).JPGfix (resized).JPGgoodasnew (resized).JPG
#4177 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Shouldn't have mattered. If it broke on the end loop, these pictures will help you get going. You can get new springs if you don't have any as spares.
Here is a video using a flipper spacer gauge if you want to set how high or low the flipper bat rides. Not on a Houdini, but same principle :

If you don't have the official flipper spacer gauge, a business card works too, cut a notch in it.

The loop on one end the spring broke off. I dug around in my spare parts and found one that was close enough to get by for a bit but I want to change it out for the proper one. Thanks for the emergency work-around LTG in case I need to use it in the future. When I reset the flipper bat I used an official flipper spacer gauge (from Marco) to re-gap it. So far everything is working fine.

I'm really enjoying the game and have been playing the heck out of it for the past 2 weeks. Digging deeper and deeper into the rules and seeing new modes and animations that I haven't come across before has been a blast.

#4178 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

That's awesome Joe!!

#4179 2 years ago

Placed my order for Cliffy's Protectors today!
Pics to follow when they arrive!

#4180 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Placed my order for Cliffy's Protectors today!
Pics to follow when they arrive!

Sweeeeeeet! Just sent Cliff an email!

#4181 2 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Sweeeeeeet! Just sent Cliff an email!

He's been very busy getting them ready! They look great and I'm sure like the rest of the product line they will function awesomely as usual.
Great product for a great game!

#4182 2 years ago

Barry!

My led strip died, started to flicker with flippers and then stopped. checked obvious connections but not sure where it terminates. All the other lighting appears ok. Also powered down and unplugged for about 20 mins with no change.

IMG_0740 (resized).JPGIMG_0741 (resized).JPG

#4183 2 years ago
Quoted from WW2GURU:

My led strip died, started to flicker with flippers and then stopped. checked obvious connections but not sure where it terminates. All the other lighting appears ok

https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/

#4184 2 years ago

Set mine up yesterday and the catapult is shooting right of the trunk. Any direction on what to look at? The catapult itself doesn’t appear centred, should it be or off to one side slightly?

#4185 2 years ago

I’m about to order one of these in the uk.
Will I be able to add the blades and shaker motor after?
Thanks
Tony

#4186 2 years ago
Quoted from Beowulfz07:

Thanks
Tony

Yes

#4187 2 years ago
Quoted from Beowulfz07:

Thanks
Tony

Probably, but if you order them up front the factory installs them for you

#4188 2 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Set mine up yesterday and the catapult is shooting right of the trunk. Any direction on what to look at? The catapult itself doesn’t appear centred, should it be or off to one side slightly?

Mine does the exact same thing. It shoots to the right of the trunk. If you look at the catapult it looks like it is leaning to one side.

#4189 2 years ago

Yes, mine is angled toward the right, I’d think it should be straight in line with the trunk. Anyone able to post a pic of their throw arm on the catapult for us?

#4190 2 years ago

Update! Set up at 6.5 degrees, have the arm a slight nudge to the outside and set at 26 for power. Shots are bang on and this is an amazing machine to play. Nice work American! Feels nice and solid too.

#4191 2 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Start with coil strength. Set to 24, if it falls short, try 25. By 26 or 27 you should be nailing it. Now, if you go to 28 or 29 its to strong and veer's to the right.

#4192 2 years ago

Nudge and power drop fixed it. It was used at our show and they had it at 28 to compensate for power drops on the line I think. Thanks for input. Love the game already though!

#4193 2 years ago

So just to confirm, this BA will be plug and play basically with Houdini?

ebay.com link » Emi Bill Acceptor Validator Ae 2411 U7 115vac 1 5 Bills 250008164 Number 2

#4194 2 years ago

The cartridge the bills goes into looks too big, 500 capacity ? Pins usually need a 200 or 300 capacity bill holder.

#4197 2 years ago

115v. Only JJP has moved to 12v.

#4198 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Only JJP has moved to 12v.

PPS/CGC remakes are 12v. They were the first to do so.

#4199 2 years ago

ebay.com link » Emi Bill Acceptor Validator Ae 2411 U7 115vac 1 5 Bills 250008164 Number 2

Should work. A 300 bill stacker is ideal. Make sure the bill cartridge isn't a 500 (though I've heard a 500 may fit in Maiden, I haven't tried it).

Also when they're sold as "untested" that is Ebay speak for "doesn't work, not my problem" a lot of time, so you're taking a bit of a chance since that auctioneer charges a restocking fee and you have to pay for shipping both ways if you don't keep it.

#4200 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

PPS/CGC remakes are 12v. They were the first to do so.

Dur. Right. Forgot I had to get a 12v unit for AfMr, too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 50.00
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 139.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
There are 11083 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 222.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside