Topic Stats

• 8,521 posts
  • 525 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by wesman
  • Topic is favorited by 144 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,180 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B50F841E-E889-43F0-93C7-0C4CBECEF72F (resized).jpeg
Houdini rd (resized).jpg
B0A59720-3109-4366-A958-89734AE22441 (resized).jpeg
20190315_155922 (resized).jpg
20190315_030211 (resized).jpg
20190315_030253 (resized).jpg
20190220_220353 (resized).jpg
lites (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
E3F51772-C78A-4AAB-B019-A786AC49901B (resized).jpeg
A2123B62-2706-48FC-B5BE-D1A9DDCFDCB9 (resized).jpeg
35DFBA78-89B8-4643-ADFD-F03BE383E3E2 (resized).jpeg
858C4D73-37E6-4470-ABF9-102C63C163A4 (resized).jpeg
F984C9DF-09AF-4327-826D-ED5D502EC93F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

32 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 8521 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 171.
#3901 10 months ago
Quoted from pinden007:

What became of the ppl mentioning they have never received a tilt warning? You can add me to that list. Is that some that can be tested to see if it's working? I know when you have the door open the game does not play so I couldn't easily test it that way.

Was working on something else today and got a tilt warning, so I know it works, but clearly there is something going on where it is not always registering. I will be looking into it further.

If you pull out the 'interconnect' switch inside the cabinet, you can play with the door open, but that switch disables high power for a a reason.

Quoted from vireland:

if you made the extra ball only happen if you made the double ring shot?

Definitely like this idea, betting a bunch of guys here would be hating on your if I did that, but could be a good difficulty option. Turning down the amount of time is also a way to make it tougher, since as was said, you would have little to no room for error. Also reducing the number of cards you can throw makes it harder -- both of which are options currently.

#3902 10 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

I mean, it would take away my guaranteed extra ball per game, but maybe if you made the extra ball only happen if you made the double ring shot? After hitting 3 rings, the front ring changes to "EXTRA" and the back ring changes to "BALL" and you have to make the double ring shot to collect? It would certainly make it less of a guaranteed collect like it is now.

Please don't. I suck at this video mode as it is.

#3903 10 months ago

As I charge up the card, at what level should I release to hit the large and small targets? How much lead time do you give when releasing the card?

#3904 10 months ago
Quoted from konjurer:

As I charge up the card, at what level should I release to hit the large and small targets? How much lead time do you give when releasing the card?

the meter has 1 or 2 bars it will only be high enough for the big hoop, 3 and 4 bars it is both, 5 or 6 just small, once it goes Red your throw will be high.

So, you need to learn the timing for when to start the press and when to release it. If you focus on always releasing on one of the 'both' bars, then you can start to figure out when to start the press for 'each' level, meaning a hoop moves faster each time you make it (speed changes when it starts its next trip across the screen).

#3905 10 months ago

Just for fun. The 6 ball conundrum.

20180517_145138 (resized).jpg

#3906 10 months ago

ericpinballfan that is a beautiful picture.

#3907 10 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

Was working on something else today and got a tilt warning, so I know it works, but clearly there is something going on where it is not always registering. I will be looking into it further.
If you pull out the 'interconnect' switch inside the cabinet, you can play with the door open, but that switch disables high power for a a reason.

Definitely like this idea, betting a bunch of guys here would be hating on your if I did that, but could be a good difficulty option. Turning down the amount of time is also a way to make it tougher, since as was said, you would have little to no room for error. Also reducing the number of cards you can throw makes it harder -- both of which are options currently.

Yeah, part of me would be bummed losing my "easy" extra ball, but as it is now, it's so easy it's kind of cheap.

I like the double ring shot for extra ball more than time adjustments because making a double ring shot takes a LOT of skill (or a MASSIVE amount of luck - one time) whereas the time and card reduction is just kind of cheap. Might be cool to have a chain bonus for not missing a shot. 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32x, etc instead of each shot simply and continuously being worth more than the last that hit. If you miss a shot, it goes back to 1x for the next one and starts building again. If you can hit them all and the extra ball double shot it could make the mode both challenging and VERY rewarding.

You could also make an "EASY" and "HARD" choice at the beginning, like it does for the straightjacket escape. Hard obviously has higher base and multiplied points.

#3908 10 months ago
Quoted from adamross:

Please don't. I suck at this video mode as it is.

Practice makes perfect. Once you "get" it, it will be mindlessly easy, and that's not really fun.

#3909 10 months ago

Quick report ... My tilt warnings work!

#3910 10 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

Hey guys, been a little busy last few days with some great stuff going on here AP, and maybe I'll be able to share some stuff soon. Did a quick glance through the posts to see what questions have come up, but suspect I've missed some, so if this posts misses not something, please repost.
High Score resetting . There is no command currently to just reset high scores (or to set your own). Clearing audits (via service menu -> Utilities), will reset the hight scores to the default (current audits will move to the middle column when viewing stats). It is on the list to add a command for this, but not the highest priority. As a reminder, all of that service menu and utility stuff had to be created since this is our first machine, and I am only one guy, so I pick and choose what I consider to be the most important items, but I will get to it. But certainly okay to raise issues and wants here so I can get a sense of which missing things people actually miss.

Rejects -- As someone suggested, flipper strength probably too high. Take down one notch and see if it improves, then take down another notch and see how it plays. On my machine I rarely get airballs and rejects, key is to find that sweet spot where the strength is strong enough to make the ramp, but not overly hot where you get rejects and airballs. You may find that having the left flipper one notch higher than the right makes sense. There will always be some level of rejects since the ball can get into the stage at angles and positions where it is just not going to stick.
1) you can turn off the match. I'd have to look more deeply to see if I can enable the start button to work during Match.
2) Non-game items only come up on 2 and 5th visits. I will be looking at what might work for a flipper escape on the magic hat, but it is somewhat more complex then going it for modes.
3) Is there a specific place you are seeing this? The timer is typically stopped when the ball is not in play
4) I agreed that it should, I'll have to check that.
5) noted
6) depending on settings Return from Beyond is lit by getting two jackpots during a seance multiball, Escape Death is lit by completing two jail escapes. If you earn the outlane mode via Magic Shop or Skill shot, then the lit outlane moves with each flipper hit. If you then earn either via the normal method, they will be both be lit.

Goal is to shake when lid closes, I've not noticed it being late, but I'll watch for it. So, based feedback I've seen so far, sounds like you guys are pleased with the use of the shaker. Goal is to find the right balance to enhance game play without over doing it or using it ways that don't fit.

Code updates do not in anyway impact settings (other then if new settings are being added). it will not mess with pricing (so operators, please update to the latest code when available), it will not mess with settings, it will not mess with coil strength, it will not mess with stage calibration. Anytime you insert the USB stick it will save off settings and data, and I anticipate in the future there will be support to re-load settings (but not sure I will be adding support to import back in high score data).

Setting aside that Agile is an umbrella term for a variety of methodologies (Scrum, RAD, Extreme, etc.), I use a completely different top secret methodology.
Not sure If I missed any other questions, if so, re-post.

My shaker does as you said, when the lid closes it shakes. I just thought it would have started sooner. Love it in the pops and elephant!

#3911 10 months ago

Houdini is in the tank!
ok well his proto type is in the tank - few tweaks and off to paint work.
These should start shipping in late June early July.

houdini12 (resized).jpg

tank (resized).jpg

#3912 10 months ago

Just noticed Mac King on the art blades. That is REALLY cool guys! Nice!

#3913 10 months ago
Quoted from drummermike:

My shaker does as you said, when the lid closes it shakes. I just thought it would have started sooner. Love it in the pops and elephant!

Maybe it should shake when the ball launches like a cannon?

#3914 10 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Maybe it should shake when the ball launches like a cannon?

That would be a cool touch!

#3915 10 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

That would be a cool touch!

Well I guess it would be super difficult to have the shaking occur while waiting for or after the trunk opens to receive the ball.

And much easier to have it start light and end up strong like the cannon was building pressure.

Then maybe have a sound effect for the trunk opening and closing and a boom or a crash when the ball hits or something? This might be hard to time though.

#3916 10 months ago

Weekend bump for my Planchette mod.
Two versions available; "Houdini" or "Oracle", on bottom arch.
See my marketplace ad and thread, or just PM me.
Thanks Eric

20180518_084115 (resized).jpg
20180518_084529 (resized).jpg

#3917 10 months ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Weekend bump for my Planchette mod.
Two versions available; "Houdini"

There are no Zs in the machine so I can not fully endorse this mod

#3918 10 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

There are no Zs in the machine so I can not fully endorse this mod

There is one "Z" now.

#3919 10 months ago

Do theze count?
Leslie and Paul.

20180518_101451 (resized).jpg

#3920 10 months ago

I think I encountered a scoring bug.

I had 2x milkcan PF going and shot the 2x stage and selected Needles. It said my shots were valued an 9,500 each. I shot the ball into the pops and then it drained immediately. I appeared to score about 200k in a matter of seconds.

This happen the other day too but I just didn't know it. I couldn't figure out how my score went from 80k to 500k so quickly.

#3921 10 months ago

flaked on that they were not originally on the team, guess I need to change that or al least put it in a circle with a line through it, like the one 'hidden' in the game.

#3922 10 months ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I had 2x milkcan PF going and shot the 2x stage and selected Needles. It said my shots were valued an 9,500 each. I shot the ball into the pops and then it drained immediately. I appeared to score about 200k in a matter of seconds.

when did it say that at the start, or along the way? Hitting it into the pops will often hit the Key Target that will increase the value of each shot. The 2X stage would impact the shot value it displays, but the 2x Milkcan would show that on the shot value, only when it reports back what was scored, which I don't think it displays, but obviously that would increase the point seated. . 9500 certainly seems pretty damn high, would be around 17 hits to a stand-up, since it would start at 1000, with the doubling and then increase by 500 (with the doubling) on each stand-up hit. You could pull the logs and send it to me, if you can narrow down date and time (and confirm clock is right on the machine).

#3923 10 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

when did it say that at the start, or along the way? Hitting it into the pops will often hit the Key Target that will increase the value of each shot. The 2X stage would impact the shot value it displays, but the 2x Milkcan would show that on the shot value, only when it reports back what was scored, which I don't think it displays, but obviously that would increase the point seated. . 9500 certainly seems pretty damn high, would be around 17 hits to a stand-up, since it would start at 1000, with the doubling and then increase by 500 (with the doubling) on each stand-up hit. You could pull the logs and send it to me, if you can narrow down date and time (and confirm clock is right on the machine).

It happened over lunch. I've been going home for lunch to play. (see what you've done)

I would be happy to pull logs. How do I do that? Connect USB, go to menu's, dump logs to USB?

I don't remember what the original scoring per was. I hit the pops on the first shot, looked up and saw 9500 per. I don't think I hit any stand ups. I'd say the ball hit the pops no more than 10 times then drained. I wanted desperately to hit that darn spinner after I saw 9500.

Btw, what's the proper way to hook up the Polk sub? I have a feeling the answer may already be in this thread but a search of polk didn't turn up the instructions.

#3924 10 months ago
Quoted from pinden007:

It happened over lunch. I've been going home for lunch to play. (see what you've done)
I would be happy to pull logs. How do I do that? Connect USB, go to menu's, dump logs to USB?
I don't remember what the original scoring per was. I hit the pops on the first shot, looked up and saw 9500 per. I don't think I hit any stand ups. I'd say the ball hit the pops no more than 10 times then drained. I wanted desperately to hit that darn spinner after I saw 9500.
Btw, what's the proper way to hook up the Polk sub? I have a feeling the answer may already be in this thread but a search of polk didn't turn up the instructions.

Barry posted some pictures a few pages back; search for “sub” and “amp”

#3925 10 months ago
Quoted from pinden007:

open coin door, plug a USB stick (with no game update code on it) into the USB extension cable (in cabinet normally on the right side). Logs will be copied on to it, takes just a couple of seconds, message on screen will tell you when done, just power down, remove USB, power back up.

Send me log.txt and the next two highest numbered logs, those will likely have what we are looking for. josh@american-pinball.com

#3926 10 months ago

Finally busted 2 million last night. Having a blast too!

7182178A-660E-408D-A809-53E25AAFB556 (resized).jpeg

FED119EA-30B8-4DBF-8526-A87807A80981 (resized).jpeg

#3927 10 months ago

We are pleased to announce that the grand raffle prize at the 2018 Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show, June 8th-10th at the Tacoma Convention Center in Washington State, will be a brand new Houdini!

Raffle prizes 2018 (resized).jpg

#3928 10 months ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

We are pleased to announce that the grand raffle prize at the 2018 Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show, June 8th-10th at the Tacoma Convention Center in Washington State, will be a brand new Houdini!

Finally a chance for me to own one!!

#3929 10 months ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

Finally a chance for me to own one!!

If you win, send it to ltg ! He needs to rip it apart and tell us what secrets are inside.

#3930 10 months ago

Sooooo.....

Engineering wasn't to happy with my last skill shot fix! Who would think hammering next to the playfield would be an issue!?

Now to introduce the new and improved skill shot fix, guaranteed to let you hit all 3 targets "if you have the skill" or something like that.

Call me if you need help 833-API-HELP

**You will need one 3/16" post rubber, which you should already have lying around**

B

Skill Shot Fix.pdf

#3931 10 months ago

If you win, send it to ltg ! He needs to rip it apart and tell us what secrets are inside.

Or just ask me, Barry the average

#3932 10 months ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

Who would think hammering next to the playfield would be an issue!?

You should have put that pad down first.

LTG : )

#3933 10 months ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

Sooooo.....
Engineering wasn't to happy with my last skill shot fix! Who would think hammering next to the playfield would be an issue!?
Now to introduce the new and improved skill shot fix, guaranteed to let you hit all 3 targets "if you have the skill" or something like that.
**You will need one 3/16" post rubber, which you should already have lying around**
B

Nice fix!

Will all the games now on the line (mine, next week I hope) have this adjustment?
Its simple and elegant

#3934 10 months ago

Nice fix!
Will all the games now on the line (mine, next week I hope) have this adjustment?
Its simple and elegant

Started last week making this adjustment on the QC line.

#3935 10 months ago

Cool, my game shipped from chi town yesterday so this should have it implemented already? Cant wait to get it. Delivery Monday!

#3936 10 months ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

Sooooo.....
B

Thanks for the update, Barry! What does the kit include? Is it just the post rubber?

#3937 10 months ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I think I encountered a scoring bug.
This happen the other day too but I just didn't know it. I couldn't figure out how my score went from 80k to 500k so quickly.

Checked the logs you sent, saw five different times you had needle illusion running, but I did see that in the last one that the key standup was registering a dozen or more times after a single hit, so looks like that switch needs to be adjusted. That would explain how your point value got so high. Check it in switch test and then see if the gap is too close.

Does look like there is a potential bug where the spinner is awarding two hits instead of one on each spin (possibly it is just trying to play the sound twice), so I need to look into that. If that is the case, after the next release needles scoring may drop down. In at least a couple of the needle illusions you played you were shooting the heck out of the spinner.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Thanks for the update, Barry! What does the kit include? Is it just the post rubber?

yup, only thing you need is the rubber, as you are going remove a rubber that goes around two posts and use a new one for the one post and leave it off the other.

Quoted from Pinstein:

Cool, my game shipped from chi town yesterday so this should have it implemented already? Cant wait to get it. Delivery Monday!

Alwas possible the game had been built earlier before the fix, since they don't necessarily ship out in the order they are built, since our shipping areas is pretty crowded, and they move games around as needed to get stuff in and out. You will be able to tell by looking at the instructions above and comparing it to your machine.

#3938 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Don't think he was offering a kit simply a .07 solution assuming most people with a pinball machine have a spare 3/16 rubber?

#3939 10 months ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

Sooooo.....
B

Bravo team API. A rather simple yet elegant solution! Way better than arming the troops with hammers. lol I love simple...

#3940 10 months ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

Excellent, but this would have been easier...

orbit.JPG

#3941 10 months ago

I love how they are listening and on top of things. Just great!

#3942 10 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Don't think he was offering a kit simply a .07 solution assuming most people with a pinball machine have a spare 3/16 rubber?

There's a kit with an item # listed in the instructions

#3943 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There's a kit with an item # listed in the instructions

The kit is just the one rubber

#3944 10 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

The kit is just the one rubber

I'm with you, I was just clarifying why I mentioned a kit

#3945 10 months ago

It's these quick replies , updates and concern for customer satisfaction that makes me proud to support American Pinball!
Looking forward to what the future has to offer!

#3946 10 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

It's these quick replies , updates and concern for customer satisfaction that makes me proud to support American Pinball!
Looking forward to what the future has to offer!

Not to mention that they actually built and *delivered* a fully working game. Not a box of lights. Not a couple of demo games, empty promises and full payment plans. Game is built, game is delivered, game is paid for.

#3947 10 months ago

Hadn't looked at the thread in about 5 weeks.

Really glad to see that production has now ramped up considerably, and niggles are slowly being eliminated.

This could be a slow burner.

I may have missed posts pertaining to the matter, but I assume shipments to EU / rest of world are still being held off until they're totally satisfied with how machines are shipping?

#3948 10 months ago

So got Houdini in the house a couple of days ago, absolutely love it! But, started having resets every game for some reason last night. Try to put a second player game on and machine would go dark and reset. Try to play through a single player game, maybe make it to the third ball, and then goes dar. Kicks a ball out into the shooter lane and resets. Anybody experienced this? Rosh or Barry, any ideas?

#3949 10 months ago

Having a problem with the ball trough.Takes multiple trys to get the ball out....have tried many different coil strengths.no difference.Looked at the assembly and everything looks good and nothing is loose,any ideas?

#3950 10 months ago

Finally cracked a million

20180519_095101 (resized).jpg

20180518_205515 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 129.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 50.00
6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 39.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rochester, NY
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 32.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Mods for your pinballs
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 9.00
Playfield - Other
Hdmike mods
6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
There are 8521 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 171.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside