Quoted from rosh:
Hey guys, been a little busy last few days with some great stuff going on here AP, and maybe I'll be able to share some stuff soon. Did a quick glance through the posts to see what questions have come up, but suspect I've missed some, so if this posts misses not something, please repost.
High Score resetting . There is no command currently to just reset high scores (or to set your own). Clearing audits (via service menu -> Utilities), will reset the hight scores to the default (current audits will move to the middle column when viewing stats). It is on the list to add a command for this, but not the highest priority. As a reminder, all of that service menu and utility stuff had to be created since this is our first machine, and I am only one guy, so I pick and choose what I consider to be the most important items, but I will get to it. But certainly okay to raise issues and wants here so I can get a sense of which missing things people actually miss.
Rejects -- As someone suggested, flipper strength probably too high. Take down one notch and see if it improves, then take down another notch and see how it plays. On my machine I rarely get airballs and rejects, key is to find that sweet spot where the strength is strong enough to make the ramp, but not overly hot where you get rejects and airballs. You may find that having the left flipper one notch higher than the right makes sense. There will always be some level of rejects since the ball can get into the stage at angles and positions where it is just not going to stick.
1) you can turn off the match. I'd have to look more deeply to see if I can enable the start button to work during Match.
2) Non-game items only come up on 2 and 5th visits. I will be looking at what might work for a flipper escape on the magic hat, but it is somewhat more complex then going it for modes.
3) Is there a specific place you are seeing this? The timer is typically stopped when the ball is not in play
4) I agreed that it should, I'll have to check that.
6) depending on settings Return from Beyond is lit by getting two jackpots during a seance multiball, Escape Death is lit by completing two jail escapes. If you earn the outlane mode via Magic Shop or Skill shot, then the lit outlane moves with each flipper hit. If you then earn either via the normal method, they will be both be lit.
Goal is to shake when lid closes, I've not noticed it being late, but I'll watch for it. So, based feedback I've seen so far, sounds like you guys are pleased with the use of the shaker. Goal is to find the right balance to enhance game play without over doing it or using it ways that don't fit.
Code updates do not in anyway impact settings (other then if new settings are being added). it will not mess with pricing (so operators, please update to the latest code when available), it will not mess with settings, it will not mess with coil strength, it will not mess with stage calibration. Anytime you insert the USB stick it will save off settings and data, and I anticipate in the future there will be support to re-load settings (but not sure I will be adding support to import back in high score data).
Setting aside that Agile is an umbrella term for a variety of methodologies (Scrum, RAD, Extreme, etc.), I use a completely different top secret methodology.
Not sure If I missed any other questions, if so, re-post.